Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Veteran
    I'm really impressed with the UI. The speed is great!

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_gooner View Post
    Of course I should have specified what I meant lol.

I thought it was only over the same wifi connection.

How do people use vita for remote play say whilst at someone's house or work?

Thanks
    Oh sorry. I have no idea I thought it was over the same connection as well

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    The rocking when I stupidly push down on the corner of the console.

I do that. I use my ear buds I got with my Note 3. I had to enable the option in the system settings first.
    I just found that. Pretty cool.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    chriharr
    Can I just say I'm not impressed with the features because they've been available to view for quite some time now, even though I don't have a PS4 yet… it won't be a massive WOW when I get the system on launch because I have a pretty creative mind, I know how the system works already, know how to replace the HDD… and I held a DS4 the other day… mate imported one from 'Merica… so.

Have to say Remote Play is the number one feature at the moment…. anyone who disagrees is a silly SOB!
    " A Toll's a toll and a roll's a roll. If we don't get no toll's, then we don't eat no roll's"

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_gooner View Post
    How does that work exactly?
    Same way it works if they were on the same network. After the initial pairing of your vita with the PS4 just be sure to leave the PS4 either on or in standby mode when you leave home. It can not be found if it is off.

Now you can connect your Vita to a any WiFi or tether to your phone or whatever you have. Open up PS4 link on your Vita and choose Remote Play. It will scan the local network for your PS4 and if it is not found locally it will do and internet seach. Once found it will take the PS4 out of standby, connect and you now have a PS4 in your pocket.

Also make sure the HDMI Link option isnt toggeld on otherwise when you remotely turn the PS4 on the TV along with whatever HMDI link compatible devices you have hooked up to it will turn on back at your house.

AC4 plays surprisingly well tethered to my phone.
    Last edited by faaeng; 11-18-2013 at 02:50.
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by faaeng View Post
    Same way it works if you were on the same WiFi. Pair your vita with the PS4 and when you leave home make sure the PS4 is on or in standby mode not off.

Now you can connect your Vita to a any WiFi or tether to your phone or whatever you have. Open up PS4 link on your Vita and choose Remote Play. It will scan the local network for your PS4 and if it is not found locally it will do and internet seach. Once found it will take the PS4 out of standby, connect and you now have a PS4 in your pocket.

Also make sure the HDMI Link option isnt toggeld on otherwise when you remotely turn the PS4 on the TV along with whatever HMDI link compatible devices you have hooked up to it will turn on back at your house.

AC4 plays surprisingly well tethered to my phone.
    You can also just completely power off the TV to prevent that couldn't you? As in, not in standby mode.

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    You can also just completely power off the TV to prevent that couldn't you? As in, not in standby mode.
    With HDMI Link (At least with the PS3) Whenever you turned the system on The TV powers on and switches over to the correct input. If your not home the TV would come on when you remotely turn the PS on. Not sure how you would turn the TV back off when away from home other then turning the PS back off which would send a turn off signal to the TV.

My TV has an on and off. No standby mode that I'm aware of.
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    You can use the ds4 to play games on vita via remote play. Since the image is a mirror of what's going on on tv, the vita is like a mini tv and it worked pretty well with bf4

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    The tv thing is known as hdmi-cec control. You can turn this off in the ps4 settings and it's not such a needed thing too leave on unless you aren't worried about it. My tv will turn on and switch, but I can set it up where it doesn't respond to my ps4 and operate when Ps4 turns on...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.' - Abraham Lincoln

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    The best for me has too be double tapping the PS button. If you get a message from a buddy you just open up the message and type your message then double tap the game pops right back up. Seems you another message, double tap and you are right back to the conversation. It just creates for a seamless experience. By far it favorite feature.
    Wow I did not know you guys did not have that feature on the PS3.
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AC,Batman AO,Borderlands 2,Skyrim,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,Dead Island, DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully, Hitman HD collecton.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Wow I did not know you guys did not have that feature on the PS3.
    I didn't know it was on the 360. It's awesome. I thought you bought a PS3.

Currently Playing: ​ Skyrim
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Beyond: Two Souls

12. Likes Kauldron wishes they had posted this first.
    Super Elite
    This may be the wrong thread but I found something I really didn't like, it won't accept my bluetooth keyboard. I just assumed it would, hopefully in a future firmware update

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by chriharr View Post
    Can I just say I'm not impressed with the features because they've been available to view for quite some time now, even though I don't have a PS4 yet… it won't be a massive WOW when I get the system on launch because I have a pretty creative mind, I know how the system works already, know how to replace the HDD… and I held a DS4 the other day… mate imported one from 'Merica… so.

Have to say Remote Play is the number one feature at the moment…. anyone who disagrees is a silly SOB!
    remote play is definitely pretty cool and it works really well.

I was the same way you were but the WoW factor hit me when I loaded up my first game. the videos on the internet do it no justice at all, the games look 3 times that good.

Sorry for the dbl post

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by PS4freak; 11-18-2013 at 05:01.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    I didn't know it was on the 360. It's awesome. I thought you bought a PS3.
    Whenever anything pops up on your 360 (achievement, messages, friend invites etc) you have about 5-10 seconds while its on screen, during that time if you press the guide button you game suspends and you taken directly to what ever it is (message/friend invites etc). Bloody handy when you just unlock an achievement and you are wondering what the hell that was for.
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AC,Batman AO,Borderlands 2,Skyrim,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,Dead Island, DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully, Hitman HD collecton.

So far I am really enjoying the quick and easy switching between game and XMB (not a cross media bar anymore... so what do we call it?).

Yes, with the PS3 we could access the XMB to read and send messages, but the way the PS4 does it is amazingly fluid with no break in performance. Plus, unlike the PS3, we can access and change virtually anything even while in a game. Resolution, audio output, goto the PSN store, perhaps even load up an app like Netflix... you name it, all without having to quit and reload the game!

It's basically like using a KVM switch to go from PC to PC and using the same monitor, mouse etc. Both are separate, but with such quick access it's like having two PC's in one. And the double tap PS button is ingenious!

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by ITPython View Post
    So far I am really enjoying the quick and easy switching between game and XMB (not a cross media bar anymore... so what do we call it?).

Yes, with the PS3 we could access the XMB to read and send messages, but the way the PS4 does it is amazingly fluid with no break in performance. Plus, unlike the PS3, we can access and change virtually anything even while in a game. Resolution, audio output, goto the PSN store, perhaps even load up an app like Netflix... you name it, all without having to quit and reload the game!

It's basically like using a KVM switch to go from PC to PC and using the same monitor, mouse etc. Both are separate, but with such quick access it's like having two PC's in one. And the double tap PS button is ingenious!
    I nearly soiled myself, that sounds really impressive!!!! you lucky gun, I still have to wait.

PS4 has little to no competition.

Thread Information