Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by sanfordmay View Post
    They talked YouTube at the announcement and at E3 and then it became one of those things not ready at launch. I'm pretty sure it's for some sort of undisclosed biz reasons rather than technical reasons, but either way, no one at Sony ever promised YouTube support at launch or that YouTube support had been pulled. Only that it won't be available at launch. All that leading me to believe it'll be in an update whenever that undisclosed biz deal expires.

On a side note you know Infinity Ward pulled COD theater support from Ghosts, officially because it was causing a lot of lag. I wonder. I mean COD games were set to stop recording matches if it was causing problems. So I wonder if they took it out because it's rolled in the PS4 so why bother making it work and optimizing it for Ghosts if it's already in the console. Of course I've noticed at least in COD the PS4 will still fail to record the whole last 15 minutes, presumably for to head off performance issues. Maybe double clicking share to start recording will force it to record no matter the performance hit, but I don't know. I just know sometimes the last 15 minutes is missing minutes or the last block of video that is available to edit and share when you hit share is an hour old.
    Ok thanks for clarifying that I knew I had read something somewhere sometime about youtube lol. I like your theory on the COD theatre, I bet a lot of people would concur with that.

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Veteran
    Ive seen nearly every video and interview and I don't recall Sony mentioning anything about YouTube pertaining to the share feature. Just "other" services in the future. Ive heard non sony employees mention adding youtube support as being a no brained, but not anyone from sony. Got a link?

I do recall mention of the dedicated YouTube app like on the ps3. Maybe I'm misinterpreting and that's what you meant.
    Last edited by faaeng; 11-19-2013 at 06:23.
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    Quote Originally Posted by faaeng View Post
    Ive seen nearly every video and interview and I don't recall Sony mentioning anything about YouTube pertaining to the share feature. Just "other" services in the future. Ive heard non sony employees mention adding youtube support as being a no brained, but not anyone from sony. Got a link?

I do recall mention of the dedicated YouTube app like on the ps3. Maybe I'm misinterpreting and that's what you meant.
    What I specifically recall reading was a games press story that quoted a Sony rep telling reporters, "YouTube will not be available for sharing at launch." That's only implication of future YouTube but it's very strong implication that YouTube is in and has always planned to be in. I think it's waiting for a video-sharing exclusivity deal with Facebook to expire, but that's speculation on my part. I do recall Sony people talking YouTube support for sharing at games industry events, but not with such specificity of detail as that story stating it wouldn't be ready at launch.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by thanatos144 View Post
    you are right of course but that wasn't my point. It is by default using your name and Facebook pic instead of the other way and that to me is bizarre. No offense but I dont need people I meet online knowing my name unless I decide it and it is great they give me this choice AFTER I change the default setting. I dont understand the thinking behind making it the default choice is what I was driving at.
    I understand your skepticism. I was reluctant to put my face and real name online too.

However you have an option to make sure your friends only have access. Not everyone online can see your profile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    Quote Originally Posted by Vercetti View Post
    However you have an option to make sure your friends only have access. Not everyone online can see your profile.
    I thought that was the only real you profile option. I was under the impression you can set it so everyone sees only PSN ID and avatar, or friends see the real you while not-friends see only your PSN ID and avatar. I didn't know you could set it so EVERYONE sees the real you.

Forum Elder
    I thought that was the only real you profile option. I was under the impression you can set it so everyone sees only PSN ID and avatar, or friends see the real you while not-friends see only your PSN ID and avatar. I didn't know you could set it so EVERYONE sees the real you.
    That is correct. Although I wouldn't want everyone to be able to see the real you. Just set it up to have your friends only.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    Quote Originally Posted by Vercetti View Post
    That is correct. Although I wouldn't want everyone to be able to see the real you. Just set it up to have your friends only.

Yeah but you know what they say about hiding in plain sight.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Yeah but you know what they say about hiding in plain sight.
    this is not real life assassins creed

moving on Tapatalk

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

9. Likes sanfordmay likes this post

Thread Information