Latest PSU headlines:

Veteran

PS4 robberies begin

Rare, isolated cases but it will probably happen through the shopping season.

PlayStation 4 launch results in series of game thefts

Video game fans have been highly anticipating the launch of the PlayStation 4, which was finally released to the public on Friday. However, because of the high demand, access to the new video gaming system was largely limited to those customers who pre-ordered their $400 PS4 months in advance.

But that didn’t stop a number of criminals from robbing PlayStation owners just minutes after they left the store with their merchandise in hand.

In Bakersfield, California, 19-year-old Marcus Jenkins and 20-year-old Maurice Boyd, were arrested after allegedly robbing a customer who was leaving the story shortly after midnight on Friday with his PlayStation 4 .

"For the thieves, that's going to be a hot item for them, as well," Bakersfield Police Sgt. Joe Grubbs told Bakersfield News. "Either for selling, or then 'gifting' it."

The Bakersfield News says a similar attempted robbery occurred as another customer was walking out of a Best Buy. Two armed men wearing ski masks approached the customer. But somehow, the customer was able to foil the attempted robbery and call police.

Thousands of customers lined up on Thursday in advance of the PlayStation 4 release and industry experts say they expect demand for the new system will exceed availability for several months. The Xbox One is set to release next week and has also already sold out pre-sale orders through online retailers like Amazon and Best Buy.

Meanwhile, in Kansas, 22-year-old Jordan S. Vincent made it home with his new video game system. However, at around 1:30am, he says that a number of unknown assailants forced their way into his home and stole his new PlayStation 4 .

Police say the shopping thefts aren’t limited to the new PlayStation launch. Business Insider reported that more than 100 million shoppers are vulnerable to identify theft on Black Friday and police say the risk remains high throughout the holiday season.

http://news.yahoo.com/playstation-4-...213852936.html
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

Apprentice

The positive side, no one was killed. It's disgusting though that people work and save up the money to enjoy a hobby and scum are there to take what they didn't earn.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    It would have been funny as anything if they stole the PS4 from the customer, and it was a faulty one. LMFAO.

4. Likes Saigon likes this post
    Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    It would have been funny as anything if they stole the PS4 from the customer, and it was a faulty one. LMFAO.
    hahah that's be hilarious.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Sounds like an Onion News article: Robbers Turn Into Good Samaritans When They Steal Bricked PS4's

Ultimate Veteran
    This people who rob ps4 should get shot

8. Likes ITPython, HellsJester likes this post
    Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
    This people who rob ps4 should get shot
    Exact reason why I carry a firearm.

10. Likes PhillyPhreak, TEST SUBJECT 83 likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    Disgusting. People are lucky they werent knocked out or killed. The theives people probably dont work, collect welfare, foodstamps, ect and still wont buy something with the cash they have been saving, and rather steal... smh

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    SmoknJokr
    Lmao!!! I wish they would have tried that $#@! with me!!! I could have shown them my steel! Regulators!!!! Mount up!!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Thanks to Spyrde for the sig/avy

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Thieves are retards....All criminals are because if they were smart they wouldn't be criminals. I hope there is video of these thefts and the cops arrest their stupid asses because I am pretty sure all thefts over $200 can be tried as grand larceny. How do you explain that to your cell mate Bubba before he rapes you?????I am sure your harden crime of stealing a game console will deter him LOL

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Smokin Joker View Post
    Lmao!!! I wish they would have tried that $#@! with me!!! I could have shown them my steel! Regulators!!!! Mount up!!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    Not often you get a Young Guns quote on your daily readings or Warren G if you want to go that route too.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    I would love to see someone steal my stuff. 12 gauge combat to the body and then break down crying fearing for my life on the 911 call.

moving on Tapatalk

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    There was one of those cop observation towers in our nearest Walmart parking lot for their midnight launch. I expect it'll stay until, or be moved back for, XOne midnight launch. Really they should just leave it up with Black Friday coming up. Black Friday at Walmart isn't a contact sport, it's a pocket war.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    jhuff
    Quote Originally Posted by billm0066 View Post
    Exact reason why I carry a firearm.
    You know that's funny. I live in Arizona and I'm not a "gun nut" prepping for doomsday or anything but I do own a couple of firearms. The first time this year that I've worn my pistol concealed was for the midnight launch to go out and pick my PS4 up. Turned out the GameStop had taken the precaution of having some plain clothes and uniformed police at the event as well (and no, I'm not in a "bad neighborhood", I'm actually in a "very good neighborhood") so I may not needed to have bothered, but I did nonetheless remembering all the stories surrounding the PS3 and Wii launches years ago.

All you have to decide is what to do with the time give to you....
    http://www.woodchuckproductions.net

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Not cool.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Thread Information