Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    PSU Technical Advisor
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    How do you get the resolution set manually instead of being on "automatic"? I can't login to PSN so I'm doing offline Botzone for KZ:SF and I swear it's in 720p.

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Loving it so far. Took a while to update and whatnot but after that, everything is running smoothly.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Carla_Birch-USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    How do you get the resolution set manually instead of being on "automatic"? I can't login to PSN so I'm doing offline Botzone for KZ:SF and I swear it's in 720p.
    Press the info button on your remote, that should say what its showing in.

Forum Elder
    Items User name style
    Upgraded the hard drive to 1TB without any real issues. Took a while to figure out how to set up a second account. Biggest hassle I've had is that the PS4 attempts to do multiple downloads at the same time, rather than doing them one at a time like the PS3 does. This means downloading all the free games plus cross buy titles has taken a lot longer than I expected. It also plays some ambient noise while on the home screen, not quite as noticeable as the Vita version. Speaking of Vita, all my Vita trophies now show up in the Trophy list, and the rareness score for trophies is pretty cool. Otherwise set up has been pretty simple, most everything has worked first try. Played a few levels of Resogun. Played a few levels of Flower. Still trying to download Blacklight: Retribution and Warframe. Might go try Contrast in a moment. Haven't even popped the drive yet, should probably try some disc games. Maybe a movie or two. Really wish there was an official PS4 remote control though. And I'm still waiting on my controller charging station.

PSU Editor-in-chief
    PSN ID
    geist226
    Items User name styleFull Metal AlchemistYunaGuerrilla GamesNaughty DogDaft PunkDeus Ex HR AdamAtlusFinal Fantasy X
    I've played six or seven hours of Killzone, an hour or two of Resogun, an hour of Knack, bits and pieces of Battlefield 4, Madden, and The Playroom. Through everything I've done--user interface, PlayStation Store, camera log-in, Twitch streaming, game and patch downloading…

PS4 has been an absolute dream.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    HermesTheGod
    Having some slight problems with Battlefield 4 (Conquest not working, Crashes).

PSU Technical Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by C.Birch View Post
    Info button on remote? I'm playing on PC monitor.

Dedicated Member
    Can you break the encryption on the hdmi port using a hdcp stripper?

Dedicated Member
    When you download the fw update, does that enable blu-ray playback? I read that ps4 was not compatible with 2d/3d blu rays out of the box. Do they work after you dl the fw?

PSN ID
    CarmineReaper
    I haven't been online so I haven't done the new update, as a little scared about that. But I have plugged it in and played it for about an hour and no problems.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    I have to say....I've only played through one mission of Killzone...but I don't get why this game didn't get higher reviews. I really like it. And the controller is sooooo much better.

I can actually play FPS on console now with out feeling like I'm all over the place. The sticks are responsive yet have some resistance.

So far I am very pleased. I might actually be good at FPS on console now, lol.

12. Likes darky89 likes this post
    PSU Technical Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by C.Birch View Post

Figured out how to do this with my monitor. Said the input was 1920x1080p but it sure as hell doesn't look that way in offline botzone with no PSN connection.

Played the SP and it looks an entire world apart compared to the MP. I'm talking night and day stuff right here. What is going on?

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    After worrying for an hour or two if I should "turn it on", I gotta say.. even being offline It's everything I hoped for. I'm sure being connected to the PSN is 100x better and then some.

1.50 Firmware downloaded and installed without issue - without me even knowing - and I played an hour of Killzone campaign without a single issue. Looked great, sounded great, and the controller felt amazing - though I will have to get use to R2/L2 being for shoot/aim. Only came away with one issue, and that's HDMI continues to play audio so I kind of have a TV speaker/center speaker echo thing going on. No idea how to fix it, so I just turned my TVs volume to 0. As expected the fans turn on quite a bit when in a game, though unless installing Killzone wasn't quite done it was over quite fast.. and the drive made next to no noise, I'm sure my PS3 Slim makes more.

Now, I couldnt log into the PSN so I couldn't try downloading something to see if I'll have issues like that H1ll dude, but I'm assuming that was a PSN issues since it was pre-release. I had to pack it back up since I gave it away to be used as my Christmas gift. Boy I can't wait until I get this baby back.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

PSU Editor-in-chief
    PSN ID
    geist226
    Items User name styleFull Metal AlchemistYunaGuerrilla GamesNaughty DogDaft PunkDeus Ex HR AdamAtlusFinal Fantasy X
    Quote Originally Posted by Locomotive View Post
    I have to say....I've only played through one mission of Killzone...but I don't get why this game didn't get higher reviews. I really like it. And the controller is sooooo much better.

I can actually play FPS on console now with out feeling like I'm all over the place. The sticks are responsive yet have some resistance.

So far I am very pleased. I might actually be good at FPS on console now, lol.
    Just wait. Once the story starts picking up in the later chapters, it gets to a whole 'nother level. Shadow Fall is like the hardcore Killzone fan's dream game.

Ultimate Veteran
    YUP the PS4 is awesome so far so good the hdmi cable they put in the box is a joke.
    i used my own monday we should be able to play on line

PSN ID
    Blazergamer007
    Quote Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
    ....the hdmi cable they put in the box is a joke.
    What's wrong with it ?

Sent from my iPad

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    YUP the PS4 is awesome so far so good the hdmi cable they put in the box is a joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazergamer View Post
    What's wrong with it ?

Sent from my iPad
    I ask the same question.

I'm using it and figured it was better than my Insignia bran one....and so far it's fine.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    SkarEffect
    I dont know why but when I turn on my ps4, I get a black screen, so when I turn it off and unplug the hdmi and replug it back in. I turn it back on and the ps logo shows. Is it this HDMI wire or do I need to send it in to get it fixed?

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    vinny_pizza79
    Quote Originally Posted by SkarEffect View Post
    I dont know why but when I turn on my ps4, I get a black screen, so when I turn it off and unplug the hdmi and replug it back in. I turn it back on and the ps logo shows. Is it this HDMI wire or do I need to send it in to get it fixed?
    Before you do anything, make sure that both ends of the hdmi cable are seated properly. Try another HDMI port. My Sony tv is quirky, if i run the HDMI cable to the sound bar amp and then the soundbar to the tv, the picture will go in and out. However, if i run it to a side HDMI port, it works fine. Been like that since my PS3.

So try that, then maybe switch cables. I used some $5 cables from monoprice and the pic is sick. Good luck

Almost forgot, when i used to lose picture and then it would come back a few seconds later with my PS3, i found that using an audio optical cable also helped. Something about plugging into that HDMI port with ARC (i believe that's audio return) was screwing it up.
    Last edited by vinny_pizza79; 11-16-2013 at 01:04.

PSN ID
    CarmineReaper
    I haven't had a problem with my HDMI cable, at all. Plugged it in and it worked perfect.

As for the noise you guys have been talking about mine is actually pretty quiet so I don't know so far everything seems alright. I hope I'm not jinxing myself.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    I found out my PS4 was a girl last night. Thank God! Because it would have been awkward it wasn't....

With that said, I have been more than satisfied with my PS4.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Glad to see many having great experience with theirs. The reviews on Amazon had me a bit worried, made it seemed like many where failing.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    I didn't even bother trying the included cable. I figured it would be $#@!. The ones I have now work awesome so why switch?
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I had a pretty bad experience to start with. I installed KZ then patched it. It froze on the menu screen and wouldn't shut off. I had to unplug it to restart. When i rebooted the system worked fine but i kept getting an error when booting KZ and it would start. Deleted game data and tried again and same thing. So I had to reformat the HDD that took 2 hours. But all seems well now. Loving how fluid and fast everything is. Not to mention KZ is great.

All they need to do now is put a pause option for downloads and make it to where you can choose to download game patches without doing it automatically. Then I will have nothing to complain about.
    Last edited by PS4freak; 11-16-2013 at 01:27.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by darky89 View Post
    How quiet is it? Seen a couple on here saying theirs are loud.
    it was loud for me when I play killzone. when I play COF ghost it was pretty quiet.

Thread Information