Latest PSU headlines:

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
    Forum Elder
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by ThaDon187 View Post
    is the ds4 suppose to charge on standby mode cause mine doesnt
    As long as it is set to do so, there's a power saver setting or something similar that says what the PS4 is allowed to do in standby mode.

PSU Editor-in-chief
    PSN ID
    geist226
    Items User name styleFull Metal AlchemistYunaGuerrilla GamesNaughty DogDaft PunkDeus Ex HR AdamAtlusFinal Fantasy X
    Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    As long as it is set to do so, there's a power saver setting or something similar that says what the PS4 is allowed to do in standby mode.
    Yep. I think that was on by default for me, actually.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Anybody have static flare up briefly when powering down sometimes?

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    jhuff
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousBOB View Post
    Picked up at 10:15 am

Trouble shooting the patch and account transfer for 15 min.

Redeemed BF4 digital voucher and $10 PSN credit flawlessly

Download digital upgrade for BF4 Flawlessly

Played some Campaign

Holy Santa Clause $#@!, it plays smooth and looks incredible on my 50" 1080p Plasma.

Connected my Astro Mixamp while the console is running and works perfectly.

Started a voice chat with my buddy and tested the latency compared to our cell phones. It was spot on and clear as a bell.

The console kicks out heat comparable to the super slim PS3 that I have. Big whoop!

That's all I know so far.
    Well, I have to second this. Got mine at a midnight launch and set up when I got home. Had the updated pre-downloaded to a USB thumb drive so installed that first, the rebooted to set it up. Apparently crashed the first time while doing the PSN login and Facebook stuff...just wouldn't repond. So I powered it on and off. It came back up with Facebook and PSN auto login all set so it must have just been a glitch. The console is QUIET. Past the initial barely audible hum of the hard drive spinning up when I hit the play button, I don't even notice it's there.

Mostly played Flower, Resogun and Killzone so far. The graphics are AMAZING and unlike most games I've played on the PS2 and PS3 I haven't noticed a slowdown or hitch in the graphics even, AT ALL. Butter smooth, folks!

So I'm very impressed. The facial recognition for logon works great even when I'm at an off angle on my couch about 10-12 feet away. Voice control working great so far too, although I had to repeat a couple of commands. Most of that was me not saying things in the right order though. Overall this is GREAT and as good as I expected it to be. Now I just need to get all the people on my friends list spun up on the PS4 and I'll be in good shape. Feel free to add me! PSN ID: JHuff

All you have to decide is what to do with the time give to you....
    http://www.woodchuckproductions.net

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I figured out the sleep mode charging. I thought it was messed up on mine to but it takes a minute after shutdown to go into standby mode. The light on top of the console is orange when it is in standby. Once it goes into sleep mode it charges normally.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

I picked up mine yesterday at 10 am... Took me half an hour to set up the console and psn account... The navigation is very smooth.. Loving the UI so far... From time to time there were some errors with psn network but that was expected because of the amount of concurrent users. Played some BF4 and it is awesome...

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    How do you get the resolution set manually instead of being on "automatic"? I can't login to PSN so I'm doing offline Botzone for KZ:SF and I swear it's in 720p.
    Is it the blurry-ness or the aliasing (or both?). Did you see that high bitrate multiplayer video GG posted? Does it look worse than that?

Also, is psn now running for ps4 users?

PSU Technical Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    Is it the blurry-ness or the aliasing (or both?). Did you see that high bitrate multiplayer video GG posted? Does it look worse than that?

Also, is psn now running for ps4 users?

I think its the blurry AA method they're using, its much fuzzier\dithered in MP than SP. The LOD is fairly bad on both but on MP its really glaring.

Apprentice

PS4 so Far...Your Thoughts and Views

This one goes out to my American fellow gamers on behalf of us UK/EU PS4 prespective owners....whats your opinion, views and anything else helpful you care to mention (good or bad) of the PS4 so far???

Over to you guys....

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    outstanding

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by thanatos144 View Post
    outstanding
    Thats the sorta thing I was hoping people would say!! Keep it comin peeps....

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83
    Quote Originally Posted by thanatos144 View Post
    outstanding
    same^

Elite Member
    ditto

Apprentice
    I am very impressed. I find it very fast in all areas, including Netflix, games load in within secs. I had a wow moment today as i was playing Killzone, i felt like laying in bed, so with in a minute I was in bed playing Killzone Shadow Fall on the PS vita.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    No regrets as an early adopter, the console is solid...just the software is a bit iffy at the moment. But man is the console fast

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Forum Elder
    very impressed. I was one that thought we did not need a next-gen yet, now I definitely see why we do.

yes we need some more games but this thing is one seriously capable gaming machine and I'm only playing the free stuff

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by timewriter2003 View Post
    This one goes out to my American fellow gamers on behalf of us UK/EU PS4 prespective owners....whats your opinion, views and anything else helpful you care to mention (good or bad) of the PS4 so far???

Over to you guys....
    Well worth the risk of getting a bad apple and being an early converter. The $#@!ing system is just awesome and while there have been debates on here about it not having this or not having that, bottom line is it looks feels and breathes next gen tech. Updates will come for the little $#@!. I do have one itsy bitsy piece of advice for all you boys when you get yours: DONT $#@!ING DROP, BANG, HIT, OR DO ANYTHING BUT STARE AT IT AND KISS IT! and play of course lol

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

18. Likes JDizzleNO1 likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I'll be using my PS3 as a Blu Ray player now! That's How impressed I am.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Shogun of the Ban Thread
    PSN ID
    ManaBurnX
    I got mine in today and it's been on for 12 hours. So far it's been a great experience. At first I thought I'd try it then head back to my PS3 to work on some of my backlog but I just can't tear myself away from it.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    So it seems no one on PSU got a faulty system/video output issues?

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    So it seems no one on PSU got a faulty system/video output issues?
    haven't seen it mentioned

moving on Tapatalk

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Elite Member
    Cant be dealing with reading all about the faults, issues & problems that going on with PS4 is it all true that some are faulty! or it is 1 big controversy that is trying to make people worried about buying the system? with nearly just over a week left until the UK launch I kinda sceptical on all this because I have not seen 1 video on youtube that someone has suffered from such a faulty system or bricked system yet so how does it all stack up.

I can understand a systems dying within 4 - 6 years of having it like my old PS3 did after having it for 6 years, but on launch failure is totally unpleasing for something like this to happen straight out the box because it shouldn't be doing it straight out the box so how can this be happening?? got me worried for sure!!!

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Quote Originally Posted by nextgen3 View Post
    Cant be dealing with reading all about the faults, issues & problems that going on with PS4 is it all true that some are faulty! or it is 1 big controversy that is trying to make people worried about buying the system? with nearly just over a week left until the UK launch I kinda sceptical on all this because I have not seen 1 video on youtube that someone has suffered from such a faulty system or bricked system yet so how does it all stack up.

I can understand a systems dying within 4 - 6 years of having it like my old PS3 did after having it for 6 years, but on launch failure is totally unpleasing for something like this to happen straight out the box because it shouldn't be doing it straight out the box so how can this be happening?? got me worried for sure!!!
    I've seen quite a few of those videos actually but all of them just have the "no display signal" issue not the red light of death or console dying

Elite Member
    I've seen quite a few of those videos actually but all of them just have the "no display signal" issue not the red light of death or console dying
    that's just the HDMI issue not so big of a problem really just a fitting problem really that's got to a tiny issue in that matter im sure there's a quick fix around that.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by nextgen3 View Post
    that's just the HDMI issue not so big of a problem really just a fitting problem really that's got to a tiny issue in that matter im sure there's a quick fix around that.
    Yeah it's something to do with a piece of metal that sticks up in the HDMI port, all you need to do it pop it back down again and it's sorted!
    PSN ID: gold106gti

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Thread Information