Latest PSU headlines:

Apprentice

Resogun showing up as 14.99 and not free?

Am I the only one thought this game was free to PS+ members? Is it because I'm on the free trial?

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    It is free. Click on the game and download it. You did use the code in the PS Store for the 30 day trial right?

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    It's free for PS+ subscribers. Use your 30 day free sub and you'll get to download Resogun for "free".

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    Speaking of free w/ PS+ games, Contrast is very cool, too, if you like moody, period art direction. And, really, who doesn't like moody, period art direction? Seriously, even heavily stylized games seem to benefit from the PS4's graphics performance. It looks like a CGI animated movie. I don't mean like Ratchet and Clank PS3 games look like CGI animated movies. I mean it actually looks like a CGI animated movie. As for gameplay, it's puzzling and platforming, but sort of like Portal games are puzzling and platforming or the Tomb Raider reboot was puzzling and platforming. The gameplay elements are more abstracted than an in your face connect the dots to open the door sort of game.

Okay, I'll shut up. But I hope Contrast gets its due attention. And, hey, it's free.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I'm not sold on it yet. I'm trying to get my head around it.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by sanfordmay View Post
    Speaking of free w/ PS+ games, Contrast is very cool, too, if you like moody, period art direction. And, really, who doesn't like moody, period art direction? Seriously, even heavily stylized games seem to benefit from the PS4's graphics performance. It looks like a CGI animated movie. I don't mean like Ratchet and Clank PS3 games look like CGI animated movies. I mean it actually looks like a CGI animated movie. As for gameplay, it's puzzling and platforming, but sort of like Portal games are puzzling and platforming or the Tomb Raider reboot was puzzling and platforming. The gameplay elements are more abstracted than an in your face connect the dots to open the door sort of game.

Okay, I'll shut up. But I hope Contrast gets its due attention. And, hey, it's free.
    I don't think it looks great, imo looks like an average indie game for PS3. But the good thing is that it truly is an interesting and fun game, might not be easy to take on for everyone because it is a bit weird but quite enjoyable.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    I tried Contrast earlier, but got stuck trying to figure out how to get into the managers office to find the movie reel. But up to then I was liking what I saw from a free game...not to shabby

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.' - Abraham Lincoln

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    jhuff
    Quote Originally Posted by vnmus View Post
    Am I the only one thought this game was free to PS+ members? Is it because I'm on the free trial?
    I know what you mean. After getting my PS4 home around 12:30 am on Thursday night/Friday morning I signed in with my current PS+ PSN ID and went to the store. For a good while, Resogun and other title were showing up as $14.99 or whatever price they're supposed to be. Suddenly the screen kind of blanked and refreshed and it showed up properly as free. The other free and discounted titles showed up free at the same time. So I think what you saw was just kind of a glitch with using the same PSN store or whatever as the PS3 does.

All you have to decide is what to do with the time give to you....
    http://www.woodchuckproductions.net

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by sanfordmay View Post

I like it alot. Kinda cool how you can go from 3d puzzle game to a platformer. very interesting. I got it for free on PSN so I recommend anyone who to get it for free and play it. its a nice break form the FPS and hardcore games i guess.

Forum Sage
    I don't like how people/Sony/media say games are free with PS+. They are not free. We have access to certain titles for the duration of the subscription. I wish they would switch it to reflect what it actually means, like get full access to [select] games. I know, a bit of a rant.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    It was free for me.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Forum Elder
    Items User name style
    Go to the game page itself, it should be free there, it shows up as having a price on the search page.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by jphuff View Post
    I know what you mean. After getting my PS4 home around 12:30 am on Thursday night/Friday morning I signed in with my current PS+ PSN ID and went to the store. For a good while, Resogun and other title were showing up as $14.99 or whatever price they're supposed to be. Suddenly the screen kind of blanked and refreshed and it showed up properly as free. The other free and discounted titles showed up free at the same time. So I think what you saw was just kind of a glitch with using the same PSN store or whatever as the PS3 does.
    I logged out of my wifi turned it back on and went back into the PS store and it then reflected free that was weird. You're right maybe some kind of glitch or just required a log on and off. What else comes free with PS+ aside from Contrast? I'm still trying to get used to the UI couldn't find the actual "demo" section.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by vnmus View Post
    I logged out of my wifi turned it back on and went back into the PS store and it then reflected free that was weird. You're right maybe some kind of glitch or just required a log on and off. What else comes free with PS+ aside from Contrast? I'm still trying to get used to the UI couldn't find the actual "demo" section.
    Resogun and Contrast are the only ones free right now I couldn't find demos as well. I don't think they are there tbh. I wanted to find Knack
    Last edited by PS4freak; 11-18-2013 at 06:22.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    Resogun and Contrast are the only ones free right now I couldn't find demos as well. I don't think they are there tbh. I wanted to find Knack
    I remember reading somewhere, probably here, that it was specifically announced Knack wouldn't have a demo. Some other games should.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    jhuff
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    I don't like how people/Sony/media say games are free with PS+. They are not free. We have access to certain titles for the duration of the subscription. I wish they would switch it to reflect what it actually means, like get full access to [select] games. I know, a bit of a rant.
    Well, I hear what you're saying technically...but in my mind it's not a big deal. It's kind of like pretty much any other membership you get in life. You have access to the benefits of that membership as long as you ARE a member. If you don't want to be a member any more you lose the benefits. I guess I might have a different perspective if it was hard for me to come up with PS+ membership. Also, with online play requiring PS+ membership this time around I assume many more people will have it and thus have access to the "free" games.

I'm just glad they don't require a SECOND membership for the PS4 and that I can still use my PS3 stuff with the same membership fee! That's a heck of a deal and you know they COULD have required a whole new signup for the PS4. So now I'm getting free games for my Vita, PS3 (still!) and the PS4. I expect that when they retire a platform that for legal reasons they'll probably let us all keep our free games for it that have been downloaded.

All you have to decide is what to do with the time give to you....
    http://www.woodchuckproductions.net

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanm1978 View Post
    I tried Contrast earlier, but got stuck trying to figure out how to get into the managers office to find the movie reel. But up to then I was liking what I saw from a free game...not to shabby

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    You need to jump to the opposite side of where the manage office is, then you can head out from there to the alley there you need to shadow shift again though the alley to get to the other side and inside the building to the manager's office, hope this made sense.

Thread Information