Latest PSU headlines:

Killzone checkpoint issue

I'm having a problem where every time I quit the game I get sent back to the owl tutorial. I'm curious if anybody else is having an issue with checkpoints not saving. I'm getting really tired of playing the same section over and over again.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by AllenMA View Post
    I'm having a problem where every time I quit the game I get sent back to the owl tutorial. I'm curious if anybody else is having an issue with checkpoints not saving. I'm getting really tired of playing the same section over and over again.

There is definitely a long period of time between save points. Not sure if that is what you are experiencing. It is very aggravating. There is really little to no indication that you are a point where you can safely stop on a save. I have replayed large portions of several levels already. It is almost as if you don't make it to a cutscene.....it ain't saved.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    There is definitely a long period of time between save points. Not sure if that is what you are experiencing. It is very aggravating. There is really little to no indication that you are a point where you can safely stop on a save. I have replayed large portions of several levels already. It is almost as if you don't make it to a cutscene.....it ain't saved.
    I thought I was the only one, I don't even see an option to save from the last checkpoint? I just simply close the app.

Apprentice
    I found I would complete a chapter before shutting down. If i did not I had to go back a long ways. I found checkpoints in general were far between each other, which was frustrating at times.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83
    Never noticed anything myself?
    on chapter 6 now, and been smooth sailing since the beginning.
    Maybe I'm not dying so much and haven't noticed.
    But there's definitely been some hard parts that I've had to do over quite a few times,
    and from what I can remember I would always start out not to far back from where I was...I think?
    Like I said I just never noticed anything amiss.

It's weird because I will get to places during game play where if I die, I will start again from that point. Where I'm really having the issue is if I close the game. As much as I wish I could, it's typically hard for me to play for much more then say 45 minutes at any one time.

Thread Information