Thread: F2p games

Forum Elder

F2p games

Anyone else playing these besides me?

I didnt buy a game yet and my bundle was the extra controller (the only one available)

Blacklight is actually pretty cool. Warhammer is just weird imo and havent checked out dc universe yet.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Veteran
    Warframe is pretty fun.

3. Likes TEST SUBJECT 83 likes this post
    Forum Elder
    Is it? Maybe I just didnt give it a chance.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Superior Member
    Warframe is decent but Blacklight lags badly.
    Mouth Pounding since 95'

Master Poster
    Items User name style
    So wait, Blacklight actually IS a launch title?

I figured it would be a 'launch window' thing and release a couple of months from now.

I must admit, Sony has done a terrible job of advertising the host of free to play games that they have on launch.

From what I remember, the Xbox One's launch does not have any. Sony should capitalize and make that more known.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    LordVenger
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by RedOrb_Collector View Post

I figured it would be a 'launch window' thing and release a couple of months from now.

I must admit, Sony has done a terrible job of advertising the host of free to play games that they have on launch.

From what I remember, the Xbox One's launch does not have any. Sony should capitalize and make that more known.
    Blacklight is beta access, not the full release game yet.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisw26308 View Post
    Is it? Maybe I just didnt give it a chance.

Once you start upgrading your weapons and powers it gets a lot more fun.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by RedOrb_Collector View Post

Yep, playing it now. Im really liking it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Warframe surprised me. I am definitely having fun with that game.

11. Likes TEST SUBJECT 83 likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    Items Full Metal AlchemistThe X-FilesFinal Fantasy VII
    I have been playing warframe, great game. I just wish i knew that the Psn+ boosters activated automatically though, i would have played more to get the most out of them :'(

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83
    I think people need to give Warframe a second chance.
    I've hear a lot of reviews and comments about how they hated it or just didn't like it, which is fine, it may not be some peoples cup of tea, but if you just jumped in, skipped the tutorial and just expected a typical TPS then you may have been turned off by it.
    I didn't expect it to be mission based co-op MP. It's like a single player campaign with up to 4 or 5 other people in Co-op trying to complete a common goal. Can't remember the exact amount of players allowed.
    The melee combat is awesome! IMO.
    You can dodge jump and shoot from any direction, like Max Payne but with more control, while adding spinning flip attacks with your bad ass sword. Theirs allot of fun combat in Warframe. The only thing I could criticize about right now is, even though the melee is awesome it could use a little bit of tweaking IMO. You just don't quite connect with your enemy in a satisfying way. You seem to go through your target and I end up having to turn the camera around for every swing and it can be disorienting.
    Maybe there is a lock-on mechanic that I'm missing or something. Other than that this is a great F2P title that everyone should give a solid try and really test it out.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I am going to give Warframe a chance.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    The more you play warframe, the better it gets. It ain't no COD or BF that gives you everything from the get go. You start out small and grow from there. it took me ~12 hours to get my second frame. i now have 8 or 9 and enjoy switching between them to make use of their specific skills.

If you have questions about Warframe, why not make a thread of it in the PS4 games section? others here are bound to have played and can tell you what's what.

For instance: Every Thursday, and every other Friday, Orokin Catalysts or Reactors get put up as rewards. You WANT these for you equipment if you're the stingy kind who doesn't want to fork out a little bit of cash

Note: The above are a one time use item on a frame. Use them wisely.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

16. Likes Kauldron likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    NeoTokyoOutlaw
    I've played Warframe off and on since April and it's a pretty enjoyable game. I personally love the concept and aesthetics. Space ninjas? Yes please. For those who don't know this is basically the original concept for the game Dark Sector (before Digital Extremes completely ruined it). At least it's finally come to fruition in some form. It was one of the first "next-gen" trailers back in 2005.

Anyway, I've recently been playing the PC version again with a couple of my friends and have I've been enjoying my experience for the most part. I'm using Loki because I prefer a more methodical, stealth approach. Here are a few problems I have with the game.

1. Creating new weapons and Warframes takes entirely too long and Platinum (their cash shop currency) is a bit pricey. I understand that they need a source of income and I don't mind spending stupid amounts of money on F2P games I enjoy, but $25 for a new Warframe? That's a bit of a stretch even for me. Free to play is truly a tough act to balance. I find the game can get a bit repetitive and I imagine unlocking new weapons and Warframes would help alleviate some of the monotony. Unfortunately for me by the time I've finished grinding for the necessary parts and money for the afromentioned unlocks, I've already grown tired of the game. This is the question I often ask myself. Does the gameplay withstand the tedium/grinding required to advance or enhance your experience with the game? Each and every one of us has their own personal thresh hold, but I personally feel it doesn't. Your mileage may vary.

2. I feel that the gameplay isn't conducive to cooperative play. By that I mean the gameplay gets reduced to who can AOE clear the room the fastest. Granted I haven't played any endgame missions. As I mentioned earlier the Warframe that I use is Loki. He doesn't have any "offensive" skills per say so playing with other people who can just run in, soak up damage and then AOE all of the enemies around them is a buzz kill. My abilities rely on confusion and stealth (at least the way I play him) which gets completely negated when I play with other people. On top of that the game doesn't reward players for stealth runs. Why use Warframes like Loki and Ash if you're just going to handicap yourself if you prefer completing a level undetected? It takes more time, you kill less enemies which means less money and less pickups. In a game that's all about grinding for the next weapon or Warframe, I find it to be counter intuitive. Speaking of stealth runs, why does the game spawn enemies in locations I've already cleared? This happened to me the other day. My friend and I were slowly, but surely stealth killing our way through the level when all of a sudden enemies appeared out of thin air right behind us. As you would imagine we were detected. We were essentially cheated out of 20 minutes of patient gameplay for no reason other than poor game design.

I still enjoy Warframe in short bursts, but because of the issues I've stated above I'm slowly stepping away from the game. I'd still recommend trying it out.
    Last edited by NeoTokyoOutlaw; 11-18-2013 at 14:49.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoTokyoOutlaw View Post
    -snip-
    I think this is why people find Defence missions the most enjoyable. Beyond a certain point. all those faults you mentioned become useless. Nova for example is only good up to level 60-70. after that, she's a biscuit and a burden to the team.

Against the corpus. Frost is a friggin saviour.

Bottom line is, people aren't playing at the level their frames are at, so you get what you've just explained.

Loki for instance is amazing during high levels at diverting (or grouping) enemies. Banshee and sonar are life savers and amplify damage output. Vauban has Bastille. the higher you go, the more the 'utility' aspect takes over.

It should be noted that currently enemies scale as a percentage. so an enemy with 10 shields might have 1000 by the time you reach lvl 100. This issue will be addressed during Update 11 that goes live very soon. DE are re-writing the code for warframes damage model from the ground up.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    NeoTokyoOutlaw
    Speaking of Warframe, I finally booted up the PS4 version and noticed that you can't remap the controls. I've already spent a significant amount of time using a controller on the PC version so I'd like to use the same setup (the default layouts they provide are wonky). I'll give it another go if and when they sort that out.

PSN ID
    Jweaks23
    i had totally forgotten/written off this game after seeing the trailer for it early on..i believe i will have to give a try..sounds like it could be interesting

Thread Information