Shogun of the Ban Thread
    PSN ID
    ManaBurnX

PS4 Info for people outside the US

Today my PS4 finally came in. It was two days ahead of schedule so I'm really happy about that. A quick little tidbit about myself relevant to this topic is that I'm American but I live in Bangkok, Thailand. This is to answer questions for people who want to play the US PS4 outside the US or somewhere that does not currently have a PSN.

First of all my PS4 can connect to220v even though it says 110 in the book. I know this has been reported by a site that tears down systems and looks at things like this but I would feel better knowing someone who actually tried it. So if you're worried about importing due to voltage, don't be.

Second, if you have a PSN that is not the US then you can't open the store of that account. You can login to that account as well as play games using it from other stores though. I have several accounts, including a US account with PS+, and I had no problem downloading and playing all content from it with all my accounts. However, I haven't tried the free online games yet. I'll edit this section after I've tried to play them.

UPDATE: I tried one of the f2p games tonight, Warframe, and it worked without a hitch. I played both alone and with some random people. So you can play that game even if you are using a PSN that is not in an active region at the moment.

You also can't view My Library. If you try to open it you'll get an error message saying that it is not available in your region. If you try to open What's New it will just be a blank screen, including your own. It won't show anyone's activities at all. You can use the real name option though.

Well, those are just some of the questions I had before getting my PS4 here. If you have any other questions that I didn't answer feel free to ask.

UPDATE 2 (Dec 20th): I can now confirm that I have the PSN store and all of the things I mentioned previously such as the What's New area and library are also working for me.
    Last edited by ManaBurnX; 12-20-2013 at 16:49.

2. Likes TEEDA likes this post

Let's call the account with no psn store damnedaccount.

1) Can we log into damnedaccount, view and send messages to friends as well as compare trophies etc?
    2) If we have a PS+ on a different account as primary, can we play online using damnedaccount? In games such as NFS and COD.
    3) What are the limitations exactly of damned account? You said we can't view the library. If so, how can we play the games? Are they not in the library?
    4) What do you usually get in "what's new" when using a US account?

Thanks a lot, I haven't bought a PS4 yet because I'm afraid to use my damnedaccount.

Shogun of the Ban Thread
    PSN ID
    ManaBurnX
    Quote Originally Posted by stranga88 View Post
    Let's call the account with no psn store damnedaccount.

1) Can we log into damnedaccount, view and send messages to friends as well as compare trophies etc?
    2) If we have a PS+ on a different account as primary, can we play online using damnedaccount? In games such as NFS and COD.
    3) What are the limitations exactly of damned account? You said we can't view the library. If so, how can we play the games? Are they not in the library?
    4) What do you usually get in "what's new" when using a US account?

Thanks a lot, I haven't bought a PS4 yet because I'm afraid to use my damnedaccount.
    When you say no PSN Store are you meaning that currently it's not on the PS4 or there was never a PSN store. I'm thinking the first one because I'm not sure you can even make a PSN account for a country that doesn't have a PSN store. If I'm understanding you correctly then here are your answers.

1. Yes, you can sign in to your PSN account even if the store for that account is currently not available on PS4. You can view and send messages as well as compare trophies and almost everything else you could do on the PS3.

2. For this one I'm thinking yes. The reason I say thinking is because I play online and my PSN doesn't have a store yet, even though I'm already a PS+ member on my PS3 with it but I have another US account on my PS4 that has PS+ as well.

3. When viewing "What's New" on a US account you'll see a newsfeed, similar to Facebook, that will show what you're friends are doing, playing, any videos they've uploaded, etc. For now I can't see that at all from my account but I can see it if I go to my US account.

4. There's literally an icon that says "My Library". If you click on it without a PSN store then it just says not currently available in your region. When I click on it from my US account it just shows all the PS4 games I have, laid out in a grid display. I'm thinking it will be useful later when you have a lot of games and it probably won't show all of them on the main XMB.
    Last edited by ManaBurnX; 11-22-2013 at 04:57.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    chriharr
    US PS4 is essentially the same as the European model with different bluray and DVD region locks, power supply is universal, resolution is universal, sound is universal... No difference in majority of games except for a few localisation's here and there but yeah.
    " A Toll's a toll and a roll's a roll. If we don't get no toll's, then we don't eat no roll's"

Quote Originally Posted by ManaBurnX View Post
    When you say no PSN Store are you meaning that currently it's not on the PS4 or there was never a PSN store. I'm thinking the first one because I'm not sure you can even make a PSN account for a country that doesn't have a PSN store. If I'm understanding you correctly then here are your answers.
    There was never a PSN store. I could do everything on PSN except open a store. Then PSN got hacked and they prevented my country and others from even logging in the PSN website. Everything is the same on the PS3 though.

Did your PSN account with no PSN store ever have a store? Are you able to log in with it from a web browser?

1. Yes, you can sign in to your PSN account even if the store for that account is currently not available on PS4. You can view and send messages as well as compare trophies and almost everything else you could do on the PS3.
    Can you change avatar?
    2. For this one I'm thinking yes. The reason I say thinking is because I play online and my PSN doesn't have a store yet, even though I'm already a PS+ member on my PS3 with it but I have another US account on my PS4 that has PS+ as well.
    Let's talk strictly about the PS4 now. Whenever you try a game like COD online with the no-store PSN account let me know

4. There's literally an icon that says "My Library". If you click on it without a PSN store then it just says not currently available in your region. When I click on it from my US account it just shows all the PS4 games I have, laid out in a grid display. I'm thinking it will be useful later when you have a lot of games and it probably won't show all of them on the main XMB.
    If that's the case, how do you play games from the damned account? If you can't select the game from the library, how the hell are you able to play them?

#3's solid.

Quote Originally Posted by chriharr View Post
    US PS4 is essentially the same as the European model with different bluray and DVD region locks, power supply is universal, resolution is universal, sound is universal... No difference in majority of games except for a few localisation's here and there but yeah.
    No offense but you have no idea what you're talking about. There's at least 9 countries without a PSN store, which means they can't play online legally, since they can't buy PS+.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by stranga88 View Post
    No offense but you have no idea what you're talking about. There's at least 9 countries without a PSN store, which means they can't play online legally, since they can't buy PS+.
    true true. gotta suck to be without the account sucking store lol

moving on Tapatalk

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Skullomainia
    Create a US account and use PayPal for your purchases?

Apprentice

PSN ID
    bat0nas_LT
    Very simple question:

You are outside US in a country without PSN support. You are logged in with your US account. That US account has PS+.

Is this your current situation?
    Are you able to play multiplayer games?
    Can you browse your homelands store?
    Can you make purchases?

Thanks!!!

Shogun of the Ban Thread
    PSN ID
    ManaBurnX
    That's almost my situation. There is a PSN store in Thailand, where I currently live, but my main account is actually Singapore. Singapore also has a PSN store. However, the PSN store is not currently open for the PS4 in Asia at all (not until Dec 20th). I can't access my PSN store from my PS4 with my account. I do have another account I created for my daughter, which uses the US store and I do have plus for it as well.

I can play mp games on both my account and my daughter's account.
    I can't browse my homeland store because it's not available here yet.
    I can make purchases on my daughter's account, which is the US Store.

Hope that helps you out. Let me know if you guys have any more questions.

PSN ID
    Killer1988
    The playstation store opened for EU ps4/psn accounts today, but it doesn´t have all the launch games yet.
    I get a message to check back on the 29th of november for a larger selection of games.....

I downloaded resogun and killzone without a single problem.

Shogun of the Ban Thread
    PSN ID
    ManaBurnX
    Nice. I'll have to wait for it to open near the Singapore launch on Dec 20th.

That's almost my situation. There is a PSN store in Thailand, where I currently live, but my main account is actually Singapore. Singapore also has a PSN store. However, the PSN store is not currently open for the PS4 in Asia at all (not until Dec 20th). I can't access my PSN store from my PS4 with my account. I do have another account I created for my daughter, which uses the US store and I do have plus for it as well.

I can play mp games on both my account and my daughter's account.
    I can't browse my homeland store because it's not available here yet.
    I can make purchases on my daughter's account, which is the US Store.

Hope that helps you out. Let me know if you guys have any more questions.
    Hi, I found this thread really help me, thanks to everyone here. After seeing the above post, there is 1 thing that still got me confused :

1. Do you make you PSN Singapore account as your primary account ? and at the same time, you redeem the psn+ free code on your daughter psn account which is US account ? Is this scenario true ?

2. If no 1 is true, then when you redeem the psn+ on US account, it needs a US credit card also right ? What if we dont have a US Credit card, since I live in Indonesia ?

Thanks for your kind answer pal. Cheers

Dedicated Member
    Does the ps4, unlike ps3, have a universal psu 100-240v?

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by rene2kx View Post
    It says it is rated for that, but of course you'll need a adapter for wherever you are.

Shogun of the Ban Thread
    PSN ID
    ManaBurnX
    Quote Originally Posted by requisitoir
    Hi, I found this thread really help me, thanks to everyone here. After seeing the above post, there is 1 thing that still got me confused :

1. Do you make you PSN Singapore account as your primary account ? and at the same time, you redeem the psn+ free code on your daughter psn account which is US account ? Is this scenario true ?

2. If no 1 is true, then when you redeem the psn+ on US account, it needs a US credit card also right ? What if we dont have a US Credit card, since I live in Indonesia ?

Thanks for your kind answer pal. Cheers
    I didn't use my free 30 days because I already have plus on both accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by rene2kx View Post
    I can confirm the US PS4 can use 110 - 240 because I use mine in Thailand without any converter and the voltage here is 220-240.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Thanks for confirming it Mana. So basically, just need an adapter for the differences in the sockets, depending on where someone is of course.

Ultimate Veteran
    congrats on your new ps4 how is liveing in Bangkok

Shogun of the Ban Thread
    PSN ID
    ManaBurnX
    Oh, I've had my PS4 since launch basically and have been loving it. Now I'm back in the States for a bit.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ManaBurnX; 12-23-2013 at 13:04.

Thread Information