Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Bring back Ruin

But yeah seriously sony. Shive money up the ass of a bunch of jaoanese developers. Ie swuare enix for type 0 remaster... no doubt that will sell systems

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by RedOrb_Collector View Post
    Drastically slim down their console software development so that their handheld has a lot of $#@! to play?

Man, screw that.

$#@! the Vita. PS4 or nothing.
    lol no i meant, lower the price and focus on games. they always $#@! it up with their handhelds. Vita was an amazing idea but it also costs a lot to make it.

3. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Super Elite
    I was playing Sony Smash Bros last night and this exact conversation happened between two of the players.

"Yo Blackhawk, you cop that PS4?"
    "Yeah, man. [pause] I got a Vita with it, too."
    "Man, I HEAR you."
    "Yeah, man."

I think Sony made a good move trying to sell these two as companions. If it can increase the install base even just a tinge, that may give developers the incentive to start taking risks again. Gravity Rush was one hell of a debut for the system, but due to the poor start it didn't do its just numbers and we've suffered okay titles outside of first-party since. I do think the Vita will spring back, but it's going to be a difficult uphill battle. So far, though, I think Sony's been playing their cards with uncharacteristic intelligence.

Oh, and Tearaway is the bees knees. Cop that $#@!, Blackhawk.

EDIT: Actually, his name might have been Blackdog. I don't know. It was 2AM and I was drunk.
    Last edited by Forcedme; 11-22-2013 at 16:37.

5. Likes miamiman likes this post
    Chocolatier to the Stars
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Football Manager 2014 will save the world and make everything alright

well maybe not, but it will for me.

​aka Sparc

7. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    Football Manager 2014 will save the world and make everything alright

well maybe not, but it will for me.
    Love my Vita, but can't wait for this game.

Is PC/Steam to Vita saves a feature? As in, can I play on PC and then play on Vita using the same save?

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Chocolatier to the Stars
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Love my Vita, but can't wait for this game.

Is PC/Steam to Vita saves a feature? As in, can I play on PC and then play on Vita using the same save?
    Yup, saves are n the cloud. Brilliant feature.

​aka Sparc

Super Elite
    Love my Vita, I still think they need to add mobile type big games to the mix, Since its pretty obvious 3rd party support is still not on board
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Views and opinions of forum member cpitt, do not represent the views and opinions of ps3forums and any known associates, mods

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    They need to hurry up a release Minecraft Vita Edition, showing that it (hopefully) has all the PS360 features at least, and market it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Another avenue Sony could look into is the addition of Vita only DLC. Additional content that require the Vita's unique controls could further improve the handhelds value to the PlayStation ecosystem. Obviously I don't wanna see it get shoved in every game but let's say Vita only dog campaign for Ghosts wouldn't go amiss if done properly (though the chances of Activision doing something good with the Vita are not great).

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    NeoTokyoOutlaw
    Sony really needs to do away with proprietary memory cards. I thought to myself, "I should buy a new memory card for my Vita during Black Friday! Yeah!" Then I remembered why I rarely download games on my Vita. It costs a small fortune for a miniscule amount of a memory. Do they want me to purchase digital games or not?

$100 (on sale on Amazon for $72) for 32GB?
    Last edited by NeoTokyoOutlaw; 11-29-2013 at 02:07.

14. Likes TidalPhoenix likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    yeah, there are still things like the memory cards that sony needs to finally put their heads out the arse for.

they try too hard to mix in their in-house product lines.

16. Likes TidalPhoenix likes this post
    ^From minidiscs to UMDs, Sony is always looking for a proprietary angle that can land them some bank. However the Vita memory card is a particularly $#@!ish move.

Extreme Poster
    i don't understand why they don't think of the opportunity cost. by doing this, they're reducing their sales either way. this is one of the negatives for me when i buy a sony product so i just don't buy it. i.e. i prefer samsung with TVs...not that it has anything to do with proprietary stuff but if sony ain't gonna give the best bang for the buck, i will go for the one that does.

Well I see it as Sony's clumsy attempt at doing an Apple. Apple devices are all just gateway drug to the iTunes tit, Sony doesn't have iTunes (or any software platform with equatable success, though PSN is coming up and Gaikai... I'm getting sidetracked) what it does have is a solid hardware rep. As such it feels that it can replicate the long tail profitability of Apple by attaching a resource to its products that customers will buy in support of their Sony device.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoTokyoOutlaw View Post
    Sony really needs to do away with proprietary memory cards. I thought to myself, "I should buy a new memory card for my Vita during Black Friday! Yeah!" Then I remembered why I rarely download games on my Vita. It costs a small fortune for a miniscule amount of a memory. Do they want me to purchase digital games or not?

$100 (on sale on Amazon for $72) for 32GB?
    with so many games ONLY getting digital releases... it $#@!ing sucks and i just refuse

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    N0REGARD4LIFE
    Items PlayStationDiceBattlefield 3
    I'm having a tough time pulling the trigger on the Amazon Black Friday Vita bundle. I have it in my cart, but eh...I dunno.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by N0REGARD4LIFE View Post
    I'm having a tough time pulling the trigger on the Amazon Black Friday Vita bundle. I have it in my cart, but eh...I dunno.
    That is a pretty awesome deal. I paid $200 for just the walking dead vita
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    LupeOneLeo
    I always heard that those who own a Vita love it. I got a Vita just before this semester of college started, and immediately saw why. I have no regrets whatsoever. The games are quality, good games. PS+ gives me great free ones (Soul Sacrifice just came out for free on PS+). I COULD game on my phone, but nowadays I feel more inclined to take the extra device with me and have my Vita, because gaming on my phone just isn't the same anymore.

The Vita is a great device, and I don't exactly think games are the BIGGEST issue with it. After all, there is Killzone, Uncharted, Gravity Rush, and Persona 4 Golden, which is beautifully improved from its original PS2 version. Then there's Tearaway, Soul Sacrifice, cross-buy titles like Sly and All Stars, there's Injustice, there are PSP classics, there are PS1 classics... the list goes on.

Don't get me wrong--now that the PS4 is out and the price has dropped a bit, Sony really could stand to back the system up with some new games. Borderlands 2 (announced back at Gamescom) is a great start, but they need some fresh AAA titles like Tearaway, not recycled AAA titles from PS3.

Even so, I think part of the problem here is it's currently marketed as an add-on or an afterthought. I remember being frustrated when Sony did the same thing with Move. "Add Move" was what they told everyone to do. Make it secondary. Move is great technology, definitely superior to Wii, but if it's designed or marketed to play second fiddle, the sales will probably be second fiddle as well, or worse. I remember a basketball game at that E3 when Move was announced a couple years ago. SO much could have been done with a motion controller in a sports game, and yet the only motion control there was pointing the device at the TV screen and clicking a button like you're flipping channels. I remember how frustrated I felt watching execs shake hands and pat each other on the backs over what they were pushing to be something amazing, when people have been doing that with their TV screens since remote controls were invented. Sorcery was the best game concept-wise for it; it was designed for Move instead of using it for some secondary or tertiary function. The game itself wasn't spectacular, but Sorcery's kind of thing should have been where Sony guided Move: "Develop for Move," not just "Add Move."

I'm starting to see the same thing with Vita. Even with Tearaway now on the market, the only marketing I really see for Vita is that it can be used with PS4. You can do remote play with PS4, and you can do second screen with PS4. That's fantastic, but we've lived for years without being able to play our home video game consoles at Barnes and Noble; why should the market fall head over heels for that function now? Vita is a great accompanying device for the PS4, but it's also a console itself. It also needs to be able stand on its own two feet instead of playing second fiddle, and I hope as the launch window cools down, and with the influx of indies and whatnot coming, that Sony plans to bring it there.
    Last edited by TotallyNotGlenn; 11-30-2013 at 09:54.

24. Likes DarkVincent07, Christopher likes this post

Thread Information