Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple

Sony to save PS Vita with three-plan strategy

http://www.psu.com/a021707/Sony-to-s...plan-strategy-

Sony has outlined a three-part strategy to reinvigorate sales of its lagging PlayStation Vita handheld, chief among which includes its Remote Play function with PlayStation 4.
    Speaking during an interview with Kotaku, Sony’s Adam Boyes reckons the PS Vita’s ability to play PS4 content will help entice publishers to churn out more triple-A content for the handheld.

“You have this amazing sort of triple-A experience when you’re in bed knocking out a couple scavenger missions in Assassin’s Creed IV right before you go to bed. I think with Remote Play that I’m gonna be playing very little mobile games at home now within the house,” said Boyes.

“I do think that the Remote Play aspect of PS4 is gonna help the amount of Vitas that are out in the wild, and then that will start informing more publishers to build that bigger, meatier content.”

Boyes also pointed to PS Vita’s growing support in the indie development community as one of the platform's many advantages.

“We had a ton of announcements at Gamescom for great content like that on the Vita. So the reality is, we’re trying to create a bunch of different content for a variety of gamers so they get satiated with a device on the go or within their house.”

More through the link.
    Remote play and indies are great. But without some top-notch retail games on the shelves....goodnight vita.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Think remote play will help but like you say it needs more top notch retail games really in order to survive!
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Back when I was looking on what handheld to buy I noticed a lot of Vita games "jumped ship" to consoles, so they seriously need to come out with some more Vita-only games. (AC3:L was one of the few games I thought was a 'must have')

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:
    FarCry4DragonAge3DyingLightOrder1886Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Remote play is pretty awesome. I was playing Killzone Shadow Fall with it so I'm sure others will appreciate the feature. What they need the most though is Vita-exclusive games that will help boost sales (Mainly, JRPG's).

Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Fon View Post
    Remote play is pretty awesome. I was playing Killzone Shadow Fall with it so I'm sure others will appreciate the feature. What they need the most though is Vita-exclusive games that will help boost sales (Mainly, JRPG's).
    Exactly. Games like Ni No Kuni would be perfect. FPS games aren't going to move handhelds. Sony needs to fund some new IP.

edit: speaking of JPRG's...lol. http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...69#post6248769
    Last edited by Christopher; 11-19-2013 at 17:38.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.

Super Elite
    Sad to say this but in reality the thing that might help Sony will be the small IOS, Android type games that people play against each other, I came up with this conclusion talking with some co-workers. I recently asked if they were planing on buying a gaming console wether its ps4 or xbox one.

They didn't Hesitate to tell me outright how Gaming is not there thing they never got into it and it doesn't Appeal to them, well during lunch break I hear them say that they Lost 300.00, And of course this caught my attention and get this They play this Social games on there phones between themselves.

Some kind of billiard game Sony can capitalize making the vita part of the package, IOS, Android, And Vita players playing against each other And the thing that will entice people to opt out for the Vita would be the Advantage Vita players will have because of the Dual Stick and buttons,

Social Gamers are the gaming demographics that needs to be tapped into, Which is the group that are gamers but do not know they are gamers, once the group accepts the fact that they are gamers they can join the rest of us for some Core gaming.

Plus the Vita would also benefit from some of this type of games, Who wouldnt want to play Real Racing on the Go, From what i cant tell they has not been and news of Grand Tourismo in Vita future, Might as well.

Phone gaming is Ok, but there is plenty of games that you can't Navigate on a Smudge board, I would Like to See someone phantom playing Sound Board Death Match on a touch pad pretty Much impossible for a huge percentage of the population
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Views and opinions of forum member cpitt, do not represent the views and opinions of ps3forums and any known associates, mods

Quote Originally Posted by cpitt View Post
    Sad to say this but in reality the thing that might help Sony will be the small IOS, Android type games that people play against each other, I came up with this conclusion talking with some co-workers. I recently asked if they were planing on buying a gaming console wether its ps4 or xbox one.

They didn't Hesitate to tell me outright how Gaming is not there thing they never got into it and it doesn't Appeal to them, well during lunch break I hear them say that they Lost 300.00, And of course this caught my attention and get this They play this Social games on there phones between themselves.

Some kind of billiard game Sony can capitalize making the vita part of the package, IOS, Android, And Vita players playing against each other And the thing that will entice people to opt out for the Vita would be the Advantage Vita players will have because of the Dual Stick and buttons,

Social Gamers are the gaming demographics that needs to be tapped into, Which is the group that are gamers but do not know they are gamers, once the group accepts the fact that they are gamers they can join the rest of us for some Core gaming.

Plus the Vita would also benefit from some of this type of games, Who wouldnt want to play Real Racing on the Go, From what i cant tell they has not been and news of Grand Tourismo in Vita future, Might as well.

Phone gaming is Ok, but there is plenty of games that you can't Navigate on a Smudge board, I would Like to See someone phantom playing Sound Board Death Match on a touch pad pretty Much impossible for a huge percentage of the population
    The thing about phone gaming is that you always have your phone with you and it is easy to pay a buck and download some silly little game and play. I doubt most carry their Vita with them all the time and so it makes it harder to jump into that market.

Sony tried a similar approach with the PSPgo and its minis and it failed miserably. I get your point though and if Sony could I bet they would go all out with small cheap games for their handhelds. But if Windows Phone is having a hard time breaking into the stranglehold that Android and iOS have on the mobile market, I just don't see Vita making a dent. Vita is going to be a niche market. It is never going to achieve the popularity of DS, much less Android or iOS, but it can still be successful. I think Sony needs to ditch the idea of full console games on Vita and focus on games that work best on handhelds.

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Exactly. Games like Ni No Kuni would be perfect. FPS games aren't going to move handhelds. Sony needs to fund some new IP.

edit: speaking of JPRG's...lol. http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...69#post6248769
    I meant along the lines of Tales of, Persona, SMT, Final Fantasy, and anything else that feels more mature. That game looks like I have to be high as hell in order to enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fon View Post
    I meant along the lines of Tales of, Persona, SMT, Final Fantasy, and anything else that feels more mature. That game looks like I have to be high as hell in order to enjoy it.
    I tried it on PS3 and it was pretty good, but I couldn't help thinking ti would be better as a handheld game. I didn't realize at the time that it started out as a DS game in Japan. I agree with you completely about more mature JRPGs. The more the better. But I also think Ni No Kuni would be successful on the Vita.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Not that many people are gonna buy a Vita for PS4 remote play or for any reason where they have to buy a new system. Sony still doesn't get handhelds, leave it to the 3rd party devs again, I guess. PSP was amazing mostly down to 3rd party who actually know what handheld gamers want.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Effekt
    Items Metal Gear SolidTommy VercettiLegend of ZeldaBlizzardAtlus
    I don't think the Vita will die, the PSP itself had a really rough start and it finished great. I expect the same from the vita.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by Effekt View Post
    I don't think the Vita will die, the PSP itself had a really rough start and it finished great. I expect the same from the vita.
    I actually read that the PSP at this point in its life was about 4 mil ahead of what the Vita currently is. I'll try and find it but the PSP was definitely in a better position mostly thanks to Grand Theft Auto.

Apprentice

PSN ID
    crazy_gooner
    They could easily work a gta and gt game for vita. To me it seems as if they've given up investment and remote play was there to soften the blow.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

14. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Effekt
    Items Metal Gear SolidTommy VercettiLegend of ZeldaBlizzardAtlus
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    I actually read that the PSP at this point in its life was about 4 mil ahead of what the Vita currently is. I'll try and find it but the PSP was definitely in a better position mostly thanks to Grand Theft Auto.
    Yeah, you have a good point I guess I just remember being the only kid with one and being a little disappointed at first. I think that eventually they will pull through. Playstation brand is Sony's main money source I doubt they will let it just die off. However, if in 2014 no changes are made and no major games get released then I will finally cave in and say the vita is done. I just don't see it likely though, 2014 will be a big year for the Vita.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_gooner View Post
    They could easily work a gta and gt game for vita. To me it seems as if they've given up investment and remote play was there to soften the blow.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    That's what I'm thinking. They used to call it a "PS3 on the go" but now it's pretty much a PS4 addon.

That's what I'm thinking. They used to call it a "PS3 on the go" but now it's pretty much a PS4 addon.
    I don't know. Seems like I'm hearing about new games quite often these days. Doubtful they have diminished it to "add-on" status. Money is in software. Just need more of it.

Ultimate Veteran
    I think the name says it all. Vita = Life, as in "more life in the PS4", rather than PSP 2.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

19. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    NeoTokyoOutlaw
    Well, I hope they do something to pique my interest. I spend a lot more time with my 3DS XL than I do with my Vita. Not that that's a bad thing, but the Vita is such a beautiful piece of hardware it's a shame it doesn't see more use. I don't think I've turned it on since Persona 4: Golden was new. Has anything noteworthy been released in the last year? I'll have to do some digging.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    I don't know. Seems like I'm hearing about new games quite often these days. Doubtful they have diminished it to "add-on" status. Money is in software. Just need more of it.
    After Tearaway what's coming from SCE?

After Tearaway what's coming from SCE?
    I was talking about games in general, not SCE. But you are right. I don't know of anything coming from SCE. Maybe they have given up on making more games after Tearaway. Certainly hope not.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Yeah 3rd party wise there's nothing to worry about, they certainly saved the PSP.

Master Poster
    Items User name style
    I hope they stop having first party stuff on their hand-helds.

It just feels like a waste of time and keeps them from their home console business, where they thrive.

I look at IPs like Soul Sacrifice and just lament how much cooler it could have been if it was on the PS3 instead.

Forum Overseer
    sorry but that's a $#@! strategy. they're waiting for things to happen. they need to do what Nintendo did.

26. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Master Poster
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    sorry but that's a $#@! strategy. they're waiting for things to happen. they need to do what Nintendo did.
    Drastically slim down their console software development so that their handheld has a lot of $#@! to play?

Man, screw that.

$#@! the Vita. PS4 or nothing.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by RedOrb_Collector View Post
    Drastically slim down their console software development so that their handheld has a lot of $#@! to play?

Man, screw that.

$#@! the Vita. PS4 or nothing.
    I'm agree with boldet part, but disagree with "$#@! vita". vita is awesome platform, with many games to play and with allot of great games announced

Thread Information