Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Member
    Items PlayStation
    Lol@ the COD haters in here. Ghost to me is a damn good game, its deserve to be at the top.
    PSN ID - DweetRight

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    Happy to see KZ in the top 3, surprised AC4 made it to 4 for some reason lol

Mothers, and in my case sister and grandmother, dont know better. I never put "CoD" on any sort of list when they hound me for one, yet I ALWAYS end up with one
    Pretty much why this for why those games still sell. We always see sales but of. Course no way to see returns of games.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Merchant View Post
    ~2,414,000 games sold to roughly at least 1,000,000 consoles sold. Average of ~2.4 games per console.
    Going by those figures, most of the people that bought COD also bought something else.
    A lot of people might be skewed by people like me though.

3 sports games + KZ SF + AC4 + NFS Rivals = 6 games.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

4. Likes Malt likes this post
    Power Member
    Items User name style
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    I thought vgchartz was not a reliable figures source.
    What he said

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

Ultimate Veteran
    Great numbers..cod is awesome so is killzone

Forum Elder
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    lol.....I wouldn't even pay $1 for it on the PS4. Most overrated game I have ever played even for a buck.

I'd get it for a $1. But $50? Man, $#@! the greedy assholes that spawned this franchise.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdou23 View Post
    Fifa will start sell once the Console hit the rest of the world. But COD being the number 1 game despite the Devs. lying about the dedicated servers makes me wonder what's wrong with gamers ?!
    It blows me! I don't get it myself. But I got the game for free, so I can't complain. But that's utter bull$#@! with them lying. Wish someone in the media would call them out on their bull$#@!.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

10. Likes VayMasters86 likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Wow! Didn't realize there weren't dedicated servers after they said it would.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    VgCharts is not reliable at all.

Veteran
    According to the early numbers, there is a 2.5 game tie-in at launch, great way to kick off a console launch. With the multiplats plus the exclusives plus all the exclusive F2P, some people trying to write about "no good launch games" are full of $#@!. A lot of people enjoy the CoD experience, it is fun for them, so what? And I know I will be playing hundreds of hours of BF4, makes that worth it on its own (the helicopters are actually flyable and base jumping that works). Killzone:SF is so much eye candy, it makes my teeth ache. Then there is only so much time before the next set of titles start being released. It sounds like more than a few megaton title announcements before the end of the year.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

14. Likes Merchant likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    CrazyShady
    Items User name style
    I personally picked up 3 games with mine and none of them COD *shudders at the thought*. BF4 KZ and LEGO Marvel for me. Pleased to see so many games being sold despite COD being at the forefront.

What I want to know is if the $10 upgrades are considered sales. Would skew the AC4, BF4 and COD numbers

PSN: CrazyShady GAMERTAG: CrazyShady44
    PS4 | PS Vita| Xbox 360 | PS3

Apprentice

I bought COD the campaign is good but boy is online garbage, the worse COD ever probably and I've played all of them.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockWave View Post
    Gamers, on average, picking up 2.46 games? Promising start. FIFA will rocket up when the console hits Europe.
    I'm betting Target and Amazon's buy 2 get 1 free deal had a lot to do with that average

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

COD leading the sales. Shocking.
    Picked Knack n' KZ:SF here.

Probably ACIV is my next one.
    Last edited by BrazilianBash; 11-20-2013 at 10:27.

Veteran
    I picked up 2K, AC4, BF4 & KZ myself
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBreezyBB View Post
    VgCharts is not reliable at all.
    I wouldn't say it's 100 % accurate, but as far as i know they contact major sellers and collect their data. I could say they are 85-90% accurate the few hundreds missing won't affect the numbers all that much.

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    It's $50 in the US.

Yet it's only $1 on mobile phones. And it's exactly the same. lol
    It's exactly the same? Yikes. I know PvZ disc or download for PS3 was $20 full price compared to $1 on iOS, so there's pretty obviously an artificial console premium, but PvZ did have co-op play and I think a few other console-only features.

2.46 is nicer than the PS3's launch window attach rate of, depending on where you read it, 1.9 or 2.0. But XOne's launch window attach rate will be higher than PS4's. I don't think they'll sell more consoles but I think they'll sell more games per console. Still, I'll be surprised if XOne breaks X360's launch window attach rate of 4.2. 4.2 is awfully high for a console, though purely from a marketing perspective if not game quality -- which is arguable -- Xbox 360 had an impressive launch lineup. One they aren't repeating with One. You know they were dying for Titanfall to make launch. You just know it.

(It's bugging me how a lot of games press are reporting industry consultant analysis and prediction of games sales. The reporters write about console attach rates and then in the next graf they write about some games having higher or lower attach rates compared with different games. Consoles have an attach rate. Games attach, but they only have an "attach rate" if you're writing about, say, Call of Duty Black Ops 2 having a higher DLC attach rate than BioShock Infinite, or whatever. You could write it that way, I suppose, using "attach rate" to describe DLC sales, but it's an uncommon usage.)

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by faaeng View Post
    I'm betting Target and Amazon's buy 2 get 1 free deal had a lot to do with that average
    THIS.

Amazon sold a TON of PS4 systems, and I'm sure games as well...

I preordered a PS4, extra controller and just one game, COD Ghosts myself...

Once I got my PS4 on the 15th from Amazon, Amazon then sent me an email thanking me for purchasing COD:Ghosts and giving me a special code to take advantage of the Buy 2 get 1 free deal as the code allowed me to buy ONE more and get ONE FREE! (Even though I had pre-ordered Ghosts way back last summer) At that point, I would have been kinda silly NOT to take advantage of a Buy One-Get One Free deal for brand new PS4 launch titles.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaxtor99 View Post
    THIS.

Amazon sold a TON of PS4 systems, and I'm sure games as well...

I preordered a PS4, extra controller and just one game, COD Ghosts myself...

Once I got my PS4 on the 15th from Amazon, Amazon then sent me an email thanking me for purchasing COD:Ghosts and giving me a special code to take advantage of the Buy 2 get 1 free deal as the code allowed me to buy ONE more and get ONE FREE! (Even though I had pre-ordered Ghosts way back last summer) At that point, I would have been kinda silly NOT to take advantage of a Buy One-Get One Free deal for brand new PS4 launch titles.
    If I'm correct, if you had already preordered or bought two, you got a code for a free game without any further purchase. I'm sure Sony worked with Target to include PS4 games in their b2g1 deal before the PS4 launch week. A great way to post higher attach rates, and they knew some online and offline retailers would probably match the deal. But it makes me wonder what the attach rate would have been without that deal. Around PS3's launch attach rate, I suspect. Perhaps a little higher or lower.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyPhreak View Post
    That disgusts me. I have no idea why people still gravitate towards that POS franchise.
    We live in a retarded society where a large portion of people blindly follow what everyone else does, for the sake of fitting in. It's like society itself has aspbergers. Sad but true.

25. Likes PhillyPhreak likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    nordost
    Quote Originally Posted by KungMartin90 View Post
    We live in a retarded society where a large portion of people blindly follow what everyone else does, for the sake of fitting in. It's like society itself has aspbergers. Sad but true.
    Comments like these are ridiculous. Is it so hard to accept that a lot of people think the multiplayer aspect of these games are fun? I have yet to enjoy a mp on another game as much as cod. And I don't recall people with aspbergers having a great need to fit in with the rest of society.

27. Likes Merchant likes this post
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    AsuraOkami
    I'm honestly not surprised by this. People will gravitate towards cod until they come to realize that series isn't good at all. When the system is released everywhere else I am sure some of these numbers will change.

Elite Member
    Items User name style

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by AsuraOkami View Post
    I'm honestly not surprised by this. People will gravitate towards cod until they come to realize that series isn't good at all. When the system is released everywhere else I am sure some of these numbers will change.
    COD isn't garbage as a whole it's just that they make one great one and follow it with a $#@!ty one. It's always hit, miss, hit, miss. I'll be selling my copy of Ghosts after I'm through the campaign. I have no doubt the next gen COD will be awesome.

Thread Information