Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    Items Led ZeppelinDreamcastDead NationArnold SchwarzneggerUser name style
    I just hope the Playstation online community doesn't become the LIVE community.

But either way...I'm happy to say that I am not a part of COD being #1. Today, I have 5 games....none of which are COD. And the only reason COD is good to many ppl is b/c it's a quick pick up and play game. No real depth so no real time investment required.

If ppl knew the difference....they would get BF4 instead.

2. Likes VayMasters86 likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by on the rocks View Post
    Comments like these are ridiculous. Is it so hard to accept that a lot of people think the multiplayer aspect of these games are fun? I have yet to enjoy a mp on another game as much as cod. And I don't recall people with aspbergers having a great need to fit in with the rest of society.
    Is it so hard to accept that activision could literally wrap a turd in COD themed packaging and millions of people would line up to buy it just because it's COD?

You would have to be literally blind not to see that COD pretty much went downhill after MW2. They put almost no effort into the game, because they know people will just eat it up, so they just do the bare minimum. And it wouldn't be as much of an issue if it was just COD, but because it sells so much/has so much influence, it can influence other developers in negative ways.

So if you actually "like" COD it is in your interest to have Ghosts and future COD games not do well so that Activision will get the message. Money talks, and too many people are willing to throw it at activision, which overrules the few principled people who refuse to buy into activision's bs.

I can only hope that this new generation brings more competition so that COD can be usurped from its dominant position.

4. Likes VayMasters86 likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    I have yet to enjoy a mp on another game as much as cod.
    You're refering to it in general. COD4 MW was a great $#@!ing game. We're not talking about COD in general though, we're talking about the latest few COD games that have been breaking sales record, even though they're essentially gold-wrapped turds.

And I don't recall people with aspbergers having a great need to fit in with the rest of society.

I study psychology though, and you clearly don't. So let's just leave it at that.

6. Likes PhillyPhreak likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    nordost
    Quote Originally Posted by KungMartin90 View Post
    You're refering to it in general. COD4 MW was a great $#@!ing game. We're not talking about COD in general though, we're talking about the latest few COD games that have been breaking sales record, even though they're essentially gold-wrapped turds.

I study psychology though, and you clearly don't. So let's just leave it at that.
    well black ops 2 was the most fun I've had on a cod game. I'm not liking ghosts as much yet and maybe never will but that's not something you know until you play it. And please do not pretend to know anything about me.

8. Likes Merchant likes this post
    Super Elite
    Such a huge difference between COD and BF4 I though Battlefield had gained some momentum by now.
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

I bought into the hype but sold my ps4 copy, the spawns make the game unenjoyable.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    well black ops 2 was the most fun I've had on a cod game. I'm not liking ghosts as much yet and maybe never will but that's not something you know until you play it.
    Fine dude, your oppinon. It's all good.

And please do not pretend to know anything about me.
    I was actually contemplating removing the last part of my original comment. I guess I was just lazy, and thought the risk of anyone here getting offended would be low. Anyway, sorry.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    nordost
    Quote Originally Posted by KungMartin90 View Post
    Fine dude, your oppinon. It's all good.

I was actually contemplating removing the last part of my original comment. I guess I was just lazy, and thought the risk of anyone here getting offended would be low. Anyway, sorry.
    Thats my point, it's all just opinions. I like cod for the most part(so far not ghosts). You and a bunch of other people don't. It doesn't bother me in the slightest if people play games that I think suck. Hey we're all gamers let's play games

13. Likes Merchant , KungMartin90 likes this post
    Dedicated Member

The problem isn't so much COD continuing to be over-ra....popular, it's that other developers keep making their games more and more similar to COD, in hopes to capture some of those sales. Take KZ, they continue to make that series more and more like COD with every installment. If I wanted to play COD, I would play COD, not KZ:COD.

It's the same reason people hate on WOW. Many MMOs have come out as a re-skinned WOW, only to fail time and time again, and yet, these developers continue to try to give everyone something they already have and are satisified with instead of something new/different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    For goodness sake I hope nobody thinks to start labelling the console an Xbrick,
    oops
    -Regarding the Xbone A.K.A. the Xbrick

"Faith - that's another word for ignorance isn't it?" -House

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FaLLeNMoNkEy
    Over 2000 people picked up Angry Birds... Wow.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Libra-75
    Well, I thought the COD sales dominance would've gotten smaller by now. I knew it would be among the top selling games but I didn't think it still would sell almost twice as many as the second game on the list. I guess it has a really big, faithful fan base.

Apprentice

Thats my point, it's all just opinions. I like cod for the most part(so far not ghosts). You and a bunch of other people don't. It doesn't bother me in the slightest if people play games that I think suck. Hey we're all gamers let's play games
    I keep trying to like Ghost multiplayer but it has too many bad things going for it, occasional $#@!ty chopped up gameplay/framerates, terrible maps that all seem like throwaways, bad guns selection, hit markers all over the place with no damage done, horrendous spawn points and on and on

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    nordost
    Quote Originally Posted by vnmus View Post
    I keep trying to like Ghost multiplayer but it has too many bad things going for it, occasional $#@!ty chopped up gameplay/framerates, terrible maps that all seem like throwaways, bad guns selection, hit markers all over the place with no damage done, horrendous spawn points and on and on
    This is what I'm seeing in the game too. Black ops 2 was way more polished. I think I'm going to start only getting treyarch cods. Infinity ward isn't the same any more.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    N0REGARD4LIFE
    Items PlayStationDiceBattlefield 3
    I find it offensive and ridiculous that an outdated POS like CoD still sells the way it does. How anyone can play the garbage that is CoD nowadays, is beyond me. MW2 and BLOPS RIP.

PSN ID
    IshTing
    Call of duty pulled 700,000 sales in 2 days, yet I'm hearing less that 30,000 are on everyday. Doesn't make sense.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by IshTing View Post
    Call of duty pulled 700,000 sales in 2 days, yet I'm hearing less that 30,000 are on everyday. Doesn't make sense.
    30k at any giving time?
    Presents, school, work, lives...

People have dif gaming schedules and many have more then 1 game to play.
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

22. Likes Merchant likes this post

Thread Information