Master Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

PS4 Sold So Much on Amazon that itís Still Ranked 2nd After Over 4 Days Out of Stock

Sigh, just 9 more days til I get mine.

We already know that the PS4 sold a million units in its first day of sales, and a rather relevant percentage of those amazing sales seems to come from Amazon, where the console still sits in second place in the best sellers chart (at the moment of this writing) after being out of stock for over four days, beaten only by its own controller and leaving Call of Duty: Ghosts for Xbox 360 in the dust.

That’s a rather relevant feat. While amazon never fully revealed the inner workings of the best seller charts, it’s known that it’s based on a combination of weighted timeframe-based averages. Basically the chart is updated hourly, and sales count less and less as time passes, which normally causes out of stock items to drop rather quickly.

That’s not the case for the PS4, that evidently sold so much that even something as popular asCall of Duty didn’t yet manage to overtake it after more than four days of drought.

It’ll definitely be rather interesting to see the behavior of the Xbox One in the chart upon launch in just a few days.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/11/...-out-of-stock/

Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    Boosh.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    I think they had a wrangle getting some of those consoles out, too, since they were preordered so long ago. I got an email from Amazon customer support asking me to check my payment method expiration date and shipping info for my XOne preordered back in June, since the XOnes are shipping tomorrow for Friday delivery. I didn't get one of those emails the Tuesday before my PS4 shipped. I checked with Amazon support and EVERYONE who preordered an XOne -- you know, all 7 of us -- got that email. I expect a fair number of PS4 preorders, credit cards expired or the people moved long before the PS4s shipped, and they forgot to go in and update the info for that specific order. So their PS4s didn't ship on time while awaiting updated payment information, which they blamed on Amazon, or they went to the wrong address, which they blamed on Amazon. I guess this time Amazon decided to try and head off a lot of wrath of launch day gamers.

Master Guru
    That's amazing. Sony is off to a great start with the PS4. They're already in a much better position than they ever were with the PS3. One million sales in 24 hours is crazy.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    8 days to go now, the tension is unbearable
    PSN ID: gold106gti

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Man, you guys in the UK are in for a treat. Next gen is coming your way!

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    And it looks waaaay better in person than it does on the online videos! Everything is so crisp & clean! The UI is also silky smooth and you can very quickly bounce from the game to the OS!

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    N0REGARD4LIFE
    Items PlayStationDiceBattlefield 3
    Am I the only one that finds the UI boring? It's just so bare bones compared to what I expected.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by N0REGARD4LIFE View Post
    Am I the only one that finds the UI boring? It's just so bare bones compared to what I expected.
    It is quite plain, but I expect it to evolve over the life of the PS4, I am not too worried about it at this point, it gets the job done and that is what matters to me!

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

Thread Information