Thread: Fifa 14

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    GreenBeret

Angry Fifa 14

Ok, have a little dilemma lol.

I previously played fifa series on xbox due to my friends all playing it on there, now i wasn't gonna spend the 499 for just fifa. So now with the $10 Next-gen upgraded I have FIFA 14 on my PS4... Problem is it wont allow me to use my origin ID, it keeps trying to use my PSNID. Does anyone know of a way I can input my id? I mean i know i can change it but don't really want to do that especially since im not guaranteed it will work. I also dont want to start from scratch also :/ lol

/
    //M3

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    GreenBeret
    After talking with EA/Origin, cant be done without losing all my stuff tied to the xbox FIFA. so all the hard work and building of my pro would be lost. I dont know if its just pure laziness on there end or if it isnt physically possible... I would think though, with all the Tech we have in the this day and age, it wouldnt be an issue

Quote Originally Posted by B18DelSolT View Post
    Ok, have a little dilemma lol.

I previously played fifa series on xbox due to my friends all playing it on there, now i wasn't gonna spend the 499 for just fifa. So now with the $10 Next-gen upgraded I have FIFA 14 on my PS4... Problem is it wont allow me to use my origin ID, it keeps trying to use my PSNID. Does anyone know of a way I can input my id? I mean i know i can change it but don't really want to do that especially since im not guaranteed it will work. I also dont want to start from scratch also :/ lol

/
    //M3

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    NeoTokyoOutlaw
    To be fair it's not that surprising that you aren't able to transfer your Virtual Pro over from the Xbox version of the game to the Playstation 4. As of FIFA 13, Virtual Pros are stored server side, but in this case they're still separate platforms. It's a unfortunate, but expected.

4. Likes B18DelSolT likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    GreenBeret
    Yes and no. Data is Data, data on a mac can almost always work on PC or vice verse. Database info can be read all across the board in most cases which i'm sure that's all that info is... just something in a data store in a db. Everyone always picks on the Console makers for things but i think there should be more push back on developers to. Dont see why the data cant be transferred, seems more like sheer laziness than anything else really and seeing how they make up a 1/3 of console launches im sure they could easily find a way lmao, they're lucky i love there battlefield series so much or else id flip lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoTokyoOutlaw View Post
    To be fair it's not that surprising that you aren't able to transfer your Virtual Pro over from the Xbox version of the game to the Playstation 4. As of FIFA 13, Virtual Pros are stored server side, but in this case they're still separate platforms. It's a unfortunate, but expected.

/
    //M3

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    GreenBeret
    Just to add, I logged into my iPhone's fifa with my xbox id... all my profile info went there.

/
    //M3

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    NeoTokyoOutlaw
    I wasn't questioning the technical feasibility of transferring your Virtual Pro information between multiple platforms. I think it's more to do with the fact that each console manufacturer wants a "closed" system in regards to that content. How many games in general allow you to transfer profile/game information from one console to another? I imagine not that many. But hey, what do I know.

8. Likes B18DelSolT likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    GreenBeret
    LOL my b, thats stupid then. I wouldnt mind seeing a day when we can play ea. other from consoles but doubt that day will ever come. lol

I wasn't questioning the technical feasibility of transferring your Virtual Pro information between multiple platforms. I think it's more to do with the fact that each console manufacturer wants a "closed" system in regards to that content. How many games in general allow you to transfer profile/game information from one console to another? I imagine not that many. But hey, what do I know.

/
    //M3

Apprentice

PSN ID
    crazy_gooner
    Hey guys I have a question please.

On ps3 fifa 14 seemed to suffer lag here and there and slow responses. Definitely nit my connection as im wired and 60mb fibre optic. .plus ive had lag free games.

Also on xbox 360 I had less lag.

How is connection on ps4? Same as ps3 fifa? I'd be dissapointed. Found this yrs fifa the worse for connection in a while.

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    I don't see how you guys play these sports games. The AI is so inconsistent and sometimes borderline retarded.

I've had 2 of my guys just stand and watch a ball go right between them in FIFA. I mean...this pass was within leg distance of both of them and the pass was from like 20 yds away so it's not like they didn't have time to react.

And I can't get a handle on how the switching of the players works.

Half the time I'll press the button to switch to a player near the ball and it's some dude that has no worth in the play. While the guy that can possibly cause some stress on the dribbler is the AI and does nothing. And passes sometimes go to the opposite team....and I look down and my joystick is pointing in a completely different direction.

It's just awful. I dunno...maybe I just suck. Madden is a pain too. The defense is sporadic looking and I can't get a handle on when to throw. A guy could be wide open and but close a gap at an unreasonable speed.

12. Likes B18DelSolT likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    That's sad because all of that data should be abstract to the game and not to a system.
    It should have been the same data on ether system.

14. Likes B18DelSolT likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    GreenBeret
    On wifi my games were like that, once i hard wired in games were smooth as butter.

Quote Originally Posted by crazy_gooner View Post
    Hey guys I have a question please.

On ps3 fifa 14 seemed to suffer lag here and there and slow responses. Definitely nit my connection as im wired and 60mb fibre optic. .plus ive had lag free games.

Also on xbox 360 I had less lag.

How is connection on ps4? Same as ps3 fifa? I'd be dissapointed. Found this yrs fifa the worse for connection in a while.

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

/
    //M3

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    GreenBeret
    Thats what im saying, and oddly enough, it all transferred to my iphone fine when i changed accounts... go figure lmao

Quote Originally Posted by John Willaford View Post
    That's sad because all of that data should be abstract to the game and not to a system.
    It should have been the same data on ether system.

/
    //M3

Thread Information