Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Amazon: Xbox One to be biggest and fastest selling console ever -- smashing records

Amazon.co.uk has said that the Xbox One will be the biggest and fastest selling console in its history when it releases this Friday, November 22nd.

However, the retailer added that Microsoft’s reign at the top of the chart is to be cut short after a week, when the PS4 will overtake it following its release on November 29th.

The PS4 is currently number one in the pre-order chart for PC and Video Games, with the Xbox One in fifth.

The PS4 also claims the title of most wished-for PC and Video Game product, with the Xbox One third. Call of Duty: Ghosts for the Xbox 360 sits between the consoles in second.

Amazon has released the details as it prepares pre-ordered Xbox One consoles for dispatch.

“The operation to deliver a new Xbox or PlayStation to Amazon customers on release day is well underway,” said Xavier Garambois, VP of EU retail at Amazon EU Sàrl.

“The pre-orders we have seen for both the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 show that gamers across the UK are eager to be amongst the first to try out the latest gaming experience, and the much-anticipated release of these next generation consoles is guaranteed to lead to hours of gaming pleasure. Also a favourite for Christmas lists in 2013, we can expect these consoles to be keeping children and adults alike entertained on Christmas day and into 2014.”
    http://www.pcr-online.biz/news/read/...arrives/032504

For a week only...
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 11-19-2013 at 19:54.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

2. Likes Christopher likes this post
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    lol....dude. lmao
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    XB1 will do well in the UK.

PSN ID
    amazingpupil
    In before most sent by Amazon out are defective

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I guess a week at the top is better than no top at all lol.

Elite Sage
    PS4 is ranked #3 for 2013's top 100 in the UK

Xbone is ranked #37 for 2013's top 100 in the UK

Xbone only has one game in for 2013's top 100 in the UK. COD ranked at #79

I'm not expecting MS to brag at all.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    PS4 is ranked #3 for 2013's top 100 in the UK

Xbone is ranked #37 for 2013's top 100 in the UK

Xbone only has one game in for 2013's top 100 in the UK. COD ranked at #79

I'm not expecting MS to brag at all.

They don't need to brag. Let the console and games speak for themselves. They really can't do any worse than the competition right now.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Can't do any worse?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Elite Sage
    Sure, sub. It's not like MS haven't been sticking their foot in their mouths the entire short lifespan of the xbone...I'm ready to see some numbers. If the xbone is breaking records then the ps4 is going to be...just look at the ranking difference. No wonder why MS packed in free games Ps4 is standing in the balls of the competition. idk wtf you're talking about "not doing any worse"
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 11-20-2013 at 02:15.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    They don't need to brag. Let the console and games speak for themselves. They really can't do any worse than the competition right now.
    I don't understand what you mean by that.

Elite Sage
    Ohh, he's talking about the WiiU

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    If that's the case, then he's right. I've only bought three games for that system, in a year!

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    If that's the case, then he's right. I've only bought three games for that system, in a year!
    At launch I bought 3 games. Since then, I bought 2. That is terrible!!!! I average around 25+ game purchases per year for each of the other consoles.

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    You are mad funny bro.

16. Likes MacP, Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Sure, sub. It's not like MS haven't been sticking their foot in their mouths the entire short lifespan of the xbone...I'm ready to see some numbers. If the xbone is breaking records then the ps4 is going to be...just look at the ranking difference. No wonder why MS packed in free games Ps4 is standing in the balls of the competition. idk wtf you're talking about "not doing any worse"
    Ms haven't really had any bad press since the DRM stuff. Most of the stuff about the UI being broken turned out to be false. Anyway, I wasn't talking about numbers, I was talking about launching without any issues. The competition have had issues with hardware, buggy firmware, and the game reviews aren't really all that great.

MS just has to launch without those hiccups and they will be getting off to a good start. They have the better lineup and features on day one. I dont think they expect to move more consoles being more expensive. Right now the ball is in their court. The only way I see them screwing it up is if somehow they have those same issues. They seem to be pretty confident that they won't have a widespread hardware issue this time around.

IRONRANGER6 Tapatalk

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim

Amazon: Xbox One to be biggest and fastest selling console ever -- smashing r...

issues at launch is unavoidable. we're taking about a console that moved over 1 million units in a day. issues were bound to happen.

plus it's 4 fail per 1000 units. that's really good.

comparing history of hardware issues I wouldn't be so confident in Microsoft.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Serinous View Post
    issues at launch is unavoidable. we're taking about a console that moved over 1 million units in a day. issues were bound to happen.

plus it's 4 fail per 1000 units. that's really good.

comparing history of hardware issues I wouldn't be so confident in Microsoft.
    We'll we don't really have a accurate number of how many units were defective. I can understand a console failing but some were dead right out out of the box according to some people. Plus the firmware itself was bricking some of them so it's not like it was just hardware. Like you said issues at launch are unavoidable, that's why I said MS can't do any worse. It's not impossible but unlikely that MS would have a failure rate like they did with the 360. I think they learned a tough lesson and xb1 was designed to be always on. They did allow a lot of hands on the retail units the last few months. That shows they at least have confidence in the hardware.

IRONRANGER6 Tapatalk

Forum Overseer
    The PS4 also claims the title of most wished-for PC
    lol what?

xb1 was designed to be always on.
    lol what?

Elite Sage
    Anyway, I wasn't talking about numbers, I was talking about
    Hold it. Freeze. Stop...Don't go twisting things to fit your derailing agenda. The thread is about amazonUK numbers and xbone is about to set a record but the ps4 is going to make that a 7 day record lol.

MS always brags when they're in first place. Look at npd sales threads each month. Look at kinect sales before they fizzed out...They'd do it again if the xbone was outselling the ps4. Losing the UK is going to hurt MS.

22. Likes MartyRules, Shingo likes this post
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    We'll we don't really have a accurate number of how many units were defective. I can understand a console failing but some were dead right out out of the box according to some people. Plus the firmware itself was bricking some of them so it's not like it was just hardware. Like you said issues at launch are unavoidable, that's why I said MS can't do any worse. It's not impossible but unlikely that MS would have a failure rate like they did with the 360. I think they learned a tough lesson and xb1 was designed to be always on. They did allow a lot of hands on the retail units the last few months. That shows they at least have confidence in the hardware.
    X1 is going to have the varied random issues like the PS4 has had. Defects come out of mass manufacturing for the most part. If they are lucky it will be a low percentage of defective just like PS4.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

24. Likes Merchant likes this post
    PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    This forums will be very interesting to read this Friday and beyond...I keep saying it. What ever happened to the Sith? He only post ps4 meme on Facebook, is he banned?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    It's going to be really interesting for me. I have to bat for both sides.

Chocolatier to the Stars
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    It's going to be really interesting for me. I have to bat for both sides.
    please tell me you only do that in the world of console gaming lol

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

28. Likes $Greatness$ , MacP, Shingo , -Shafty- likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    ahaa

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Ms haven't really had any bad press since the DRM stuff. Most of the stuff about the UI being broken turned out to be false. Anyway, I wasn't talking about numbers, I was talking about launching without any issues. The competition have had issues with hardware, buggy firmware, and the game reviews aren't really all that great.

MS just has to launch without those hiccups and they will be getting off to a good start. They have the better lineup and features on day one. I dont think they expect to move more consoles being more expensive. Right now the ball is in their court. The only way I see them screwing it up is if somehow they have those same issues. They seem to be pretty confident that they won't have a widespread hardware issue this time around.

IRONRANGER6 Tapatalk
    I will crunch down on some crow and give MS a good clap if they release without any issues. It happens to everyone. And last time I checked MS wasn't knocking it out the park with reviews. Not much better than Sony. I'm sure Sony was pretty confident as well that they wouldn't have any issues either. Not to mention this $#@! is likely blown out of proportion. I also read an article that made a great point about the issues not being as bad as they seem because social media is a juggernaut compared to what it was when last gen consoles launched. People are screaming to high heaven when they have an issue and the word spreads like wildfire.

Your view of lineups only goes as far as you and you alone because it is all subjective. I only saw one game that was semi interesting to me and that was Ryse, until I saw gameplay. Then that went out the window because that game looks atrocious from a gameplay perspective, to me. So in short, your perspective on launch can vary from person to person but honestly if you want to go down that road, I don't think MS is going to have as strong of a launch overall. There has just been an overwhelming amount of bad to shadow the good.

We shall see. And I will be willing to admit I was wrong but I don't see it going better. Not to mention all these "widespread" problems that are mostly contained to Amazon customers. Until I see some damning numbers of a actual worrisome failure rate I'm not considering this launcheven a rough patch. There have been no official numbers to tell me otherwise. Just like taking to the internet to $#@! just like always.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Thread Information