PS4 Keeps Re-Updating COD Ghosts? Why?

Hello!!

Thank you for any replies I may get!

So I did the initial instal of the game along with the 746mb update so you could play online etc. After playing for a bit I put in a different game and then went back to cod. When I did so, it re-updated the same 746mb patch which took about 30 mins.

I thought that was strange. It then was fine and I have played a few different games over the span of 24 hours or so (not continuous lol)

Today after work, I started playing 2k14 which was already in my console I then saw a download icon on home screen for COD again?!?!? So I went to the dl bar and sure enough it is doing the 746mb install aaagggaaaainnn!

Why is it doing this? Is it the ps4 or cod? Do I now have 3 copies of the dl stored to the hd or are they getting wiped and re-downloaded?

Thanks!

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    That is strange. Could be corrupted data?? Delete all COD data and start from scratch.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    When I was doing the digital PS3 to PS4 upgrade I left the console in standby overnight and the PSN was still twitchy from launch, I started up the PS4 the next day and had 64 notifications that Call of Duty Ghost was ready to install. The update had finally downloaded, as had Free-Fall map, but all of it, including the 30-something GB digital game install, kept kept stop/starting due to PSN connection issues. I got a ready to install notification for every time the downloads restarted. But there was only one instance running for each download. Installed downloads should remain in the downloads list, at least for a while. If you don't have multiple entries for the Ghosts update, it is, or the PS4 thinks it is, the same update.

When you played Ghosts, did you play online, play any mode that requires the update? If you didn't, it's possible it's just the one update but it never finished downloading. "Ready to install" in the notification text is perhaps not the best phrasing. It seems to mean only that it's ready to download for installation, or enough has downloaded to start installation, not that it's already 100% downloaded and can be installed locally.

But do what F34R advised, delete all COD Ghosts game data -- you can leave your game save, if you have one -- and let it install and update from scratch.

When I did the first update I let it complete all the way. It took 20mins or so. Then it said it was updated. I let it do the same thing the second and third time...

This morning I deleted cod and reloaded it in standby as I had to go to work. Before that i did the 1.51 update....so well see. Hopefully it doesnt do it anymore. I read in the comment section of a fee blogs of a few people with the same issue. Any more thoughts?

Sent From A Spaceship On Cloud 9

Quote Originally Posted by payj View Post
    When I did the first update I let it complete all the way. It took 20mins or so. Then it said it was updated. I let it do the same thing the second and third time...

This morning I deleted cod and reloaded it in standby as I had to go to work. Before that i did the 1.51 update....so well see. Hopefully it doesnt do it anymore. I read in the comment section of a fee blogs of a few people with the same issue. Any more thoughts?

Sent From A Spaceship On Cloud 9
    Hey man just saw this post and im having the same problem. Did you find a fix for this yet?? appreciate the help

Thread Information