PSU U.K. Executive Editor and Podcast Host
    Items User name styleLed ZeppelinAssassins Creed Ezio3DSDreamcastNintendo 64Vita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

PSU's Tearaway Review: Media Molecule weaves its magic in PS Vita's must-have game

Hi folks,

We've reviewed PlayStation Vita-exclusive platformer Tearaway and came up rather impressed to say the least.

PlayStation Vita has needed that quintessential system seller pretty much since day-one, and with Media Molecule’s Tearaway, Sony’s flagging handheld has finally got its must-have title. Sure, Uncharted and Killzone: Mercenary are certainly worth buying a Vita for, but Tearaway takes things to a new level -- this is something you’re only going to experience on Vita, and has been tailor made from the ground up for the platform and its unique functionality.

Set in a gorgeous papercraft-inspired world known as Valleyfold, Tearaway’s narrative is simplistic yet charming all the same. The story focuses on Iota, a quirky little chap (hey, his head’s actually an envelope, don’t you know?) who embarks on a journey to deliver a message to the player. Or, thanks to its gender-friendly nature, you can plump for the female version, Atoi. What makes the story unique however is the fact that you actually have a starring role in the game yourself; as the ‘You,’ a giant face perennially gazing down up on the land from the sun. In fact, your actions will directly affect Iota’s world as he attempts to overcome all sorts of obstacles and adversity.
    Read the full review from the homepage here -- http://www.psu.com/a021727/Tearaway-...e-title?page=1

- - - - - -

As I said, this game is a must-have for any PS Vita owner. I didn't honestly know what to expect going in, and I have little experience with LittleBigPlanet, but I was very, very impressed. It's a brilliant game, charming, and most of all, unique. I've played a lot of games on PS Vita, but none of them have used the unique control functions as well as Tearaway.
    http://www.psu.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=263583&dateline=13663  69798

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    This is one of the games I was sitting on the fence about and I guess after reading that I'll certainly be picking it up now, it was just a matter or persuasion I guess.

Editorial Assistant and Podcast Editor
    VITA now added to my Christmas list

Follow me on twitter @Skaggypoet

4. Likes LeeMillington likes this post
    PSU U.K. Executive Editor and Podcast Host
    Items User name styleLed ZeppelinAssassins Creed Ezio3DSDreamcastNintendo 64Vita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Yeah Richard, it's about time you made the jump. Sony is actually releasing a PS Vita/Tearaway bundle -- perfect place to start!
    http://www.psu.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=263583&dateline=13663  69798

6. Likes Richard616 likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Can you customize the character like Sackboy?
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Can you customize the character like Sackboy?
    I haven't seen any pictures to demonstrate this but I've gleaned from a few reviews that you can.

I just wanted to stop in this thread to announce that I'm buying the $#@! out of this game tomorrow, and that anyone who owns a Vita should do the same.

Okay. That's all.

Back to my cave.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    bizarro_thirteen
    I really want to play this but I can't justify more purchases after my PS4. I feel bad not supporting games like this.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    Quote Originally Posted by bizarro13 View Post
    I really want to play this but I can't justify more purchases after my PS4. I feel bad not supporting games like this.
    I feel the same way. There's now a healthy amount of Vita titles I'd love to get my mitts on, but I just don't have the money to do so. Likewise it's annoying I can't support games like this.

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

Dedicated Member
    People complain about no games for the Vita, then complain about not being able to support it lol. Gotta love gamers.

Apprentice
    ^^^ Totally agree with you. Some people complain about ports and Indies but this game then goes ignored. I'll definitely be picking this up next week.

Sent from my Nexus 4

I bought PS Vita a week ago and got Tearaway with it. Really great game and it's fun to play it. I liked it so much, that I had to try the papercraft. Instead of paper, I used aluminium plate.
    uploadfromtaptalk1394203382534.jpg

14. Likes Sylar , Christopher likes this post
    Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by Timo.T. View Post
    I bought PS Vita a week ago and got Tearaway with it. Really great game and it's fun to play it. I liked it so much, that I had to try the papercraft. Instead of paper, I used aluminium plate.
    uploadfromtaptalk1394203382534.jpg
    that looks great I still need to pick this game up!

Thread Information