Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Master Poster
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    project spark and killer instinct are F2P titles.
    I can't speak for Project Spark, but there's no way you can consider Killer Instinct 'free to play' with any serious meaning.

There's a stripped down version that's essentially a glorified demo (one $#@!ing fighter), and an actual full game that costs money. That's it.

That would be like calling Uncharted 3 free to play since the multiplayer can be downloaded for free by itself.

Anyway, I was talking about the numbers game. PS4 has more free to play games at launch.
    Last edited by RedOrb_Collector; 11-20-2013 at 23:32.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by RedOrb_Collector View Post
    I can't speak for Project Spark, but there's no way you can consider Killer Instinct 'free to play' with any serious meaning.

There's a stripped down version that's essentially a glorified demo (one $#@!ing fighter), and an actual full game that costs money. That's it.

That would be like calling Uncharted 3 free to play since the multiplayer can be downloaded for free by itself.

Anyway, I was talking about the numbers game. PS4 has more free to play games at launch.
    Unless I'm missing something isn't the idea of Free 2 play is that you get the stripped down version then they nickel and dime you for every other thing?

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    I was talking 1st party only.

IRONRANGER6 Tapatalk
    That's still not dry bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Dude, these are all coming in the next six months, give or take a month.

-DriveClub
    -PlanetSide 2
    -inFamous: Second Son
    -Deep Down
    -MLB 14: The Show
    -Diablo III
    -Destiny
    -Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
    -Watch Dogs
    -The Witness
    -Thief
    -Wolfenstein: The New Order
    -Final Fantasy XIV
    -The Elder Scrolls Online
    ?
    Be Together - Not the same.

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    I was talking 1st party only.

IRONRANGER6 Tapatalk
    Once again being proven that you are constipated

Lies can't waver facts. Facts that the ps4 is not "dry" when it comes to 1st party titles.

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    That's still not dry bro.

?
    I'd say it's pretty dry. Drive club was supposed to be a launch title, and even if you add that there still isn't much coming in the next six months.

Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Once again being proven that you are constipated

Lies can't waver facts. Facts that the ps4 is not "dry" when it comes to 1st party titles.
    I said the next 6 months. We all know more games are coming but the next few months are pretty dry. That is unless they have something that's hasn't been announced, which i doubt.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 11-21-2013 at 00:37.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Rohde said that a firm release date for Infamous: Second Son is coming soon, as is information about another PS4 exclusive, The Order: 1886.

"Everything else is just a little trick up our sleeves right now," Rohde teased. "Worldwide Studios is a giant organization."

The PlayStation organization, Rohde said, has its sights set on games that won't be released until well into the future, beyond holiday 2014 and as far as four or five years out from the PS4's launch.
    http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/13/51...ames-interview

A while back Sony said they had announce 24 games already.
    Here was the list I made at the time, I couldn't make 24 however.

MLB 14: The Show
    Infamous: Second Son
    Knack
    Killzone
    Drive Club
    Infamous
    The Order
    Flow
    Flower
    the Escape Plan
    Hokokum
    Doki Doki Universe
    Shadow of the Beast
    Helldiver
    Resogun
    Volume
    Rime
    Everybodys Gone to the Rapture
    Basement Crawler
    Sound Shapes
    Secret Punchos
    Pavillion
    Last edited by mynd; 11-21-2013 at 00:40.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    I'd say it's pretty dry. Drive club was supposed to be a launch title, and even if you add that there still isn't much coming in the next six months.
    Apart from TitanFall in March, when are other exclusives set to release on X1? Say Quantum Break and Sunset Overdrive are April May, that's still also 3 titles.

And it's not like gamers are only forced to play exclusives...

So is that dry too( My opinion, no; but going by your logic, that should be dry also). Honestly, sometimes your angle is <insert jackiechan.gif HERE>. Come on man this is getting silly with you.

8. Likes PS4freak likes this post
    Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    I said the next 6 months. We all know more games are coming but the next few months are pretty dry. That is unless they have something that's hasn't been announced, which i doubt.
    I know what the $#@! you said. I also know that you need $#@!ing glasses. You completely ignored the other post that pointed out games that are coming. Anyone starting this "ps4 has no games" $#@! is nothing but butthurt that MS doesn't hold advantages anymore. That's all it boils down to. Don't you find it odd that you are the only one talking the next 6 months dumb $#@!? It's because you are all sorts of wrong but carry on. You're quite entertaining and annoying at the same damn time. Remember that lies(masked by opinions) does not prove a fact wrong. Damn, I want to bring my sig back.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    download warframe, it's free so it won't cost you a penny. it's addictive, so you'll play it a long time. and it's an exclusive as DE has no one working on XB1 port.

Warframe alone will last you 50-150 hours.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    download warframe, it's free so it won't cost you a penny. it's addictive, so you'll play it a long time. and it's an exclusive as DE has no one working on XB1 port.

Yeah but now that you mention that, caveats and parameters will come in be applied only to PS4.

Seen it before, rinse repeat.

Games will come for both systems, honestly. Just chill, don't need to $#@! on the other one cos it ain't your thing.

Elite Sage
    Apart from TitanFall in March, when are other exclusives set to release on X1? Say Quantum Break and Sunset Overdrive are April May, that's still also 3 titles.

And it's not like gamers are only forced to play exclusives...

So is that dry too( My opinion, no; but going by your logic, that should be dry also). Honestly, sometimes your angle is <insert jackiechan.gif HERE>. Come on man this is getting silly with you.
    I'm not really sure about release dates but they do have have stuff like project spark, quantum break, Sunset overdrive, and Plants vs zombies. Theirs isn't that much better but in their defense they did have Forza, KI, dead Rising and others at launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    I know what the $#@! you said. I also know that you need $#@!ing glasses. You completely ignored the other post that pointed out games that are coming. Anyone starting this "ps4 has no games" $#@! is nothing but butthurt that MS doesn't hold advantages anymore. That's all it boils down to. Don't you find it odd that you are the only one talking the next 6 months dumb $#@!? It's because you are all sorts of wrong but carry on. You're quite entertaining and annoying at the same damn time. Remember that lies(masked by opinions) does not prove a fact wrong. Damn, I want to bring my sig back.
    We were only talking exclusives, dude. Chill out. No one said ps4 has no games.

Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post

I will give it a go when i buy ps4 later on.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 11-21-2013 at 01:13.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Isn't those little niche games like Halo 5 and Fable Legends coming out next year as well?
    They might not be big movers, but people like niche games I'm told (tongue firmly in cheek).

I think a lot of things people are missing is, digital games are good, but they don't have a retail presence on the shelves, its hard to sell a system on a PSN game. Not that either system needs "selling" but you know what I mean.

It doesn't really matter which way you dice it, right now, the list of retail AAA titles being published next year by MS or affilates, extends well beyond what Sony has announced.

Now I say announced, because Sony are playing there cards very close to their chest at this point.
    Last edited by mynd; 11-21-2013 at 01:29.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    MS has more dev studios than Sony, so I'm not sure they would be saying they don't want to own studios, they have invested big time in the past 2 years. The issue MS has is, some of them just aren't very proven studios.
    Oh come off it, I'm not talking about tech research/Kinect/shovelware studios.

Sony's first party pack big punches and are counted among the best in the industry.
    Last edited by Ghost; 11-21-2013 at 01:35.

15. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    I'm not really sure about release dates but they do have have stuff like project spark, quantum break, Sunset overdrive, and Plants vs zombies. Theirs isn't that much better but in their defense they did have Forza, KI, dead Rising and others at launch.

Like I said, it's more or less the same. IF this were the NFL, the ruling on the field still stands.

And @mynd, this is release window. No one was saying nothing was coming out for X1, so chill brah. The disputed false/FUD assumption was; "PS4 is dry" (teehee ).

Again, the conversation is not of "list wars" theme as you are now alluding to. It's to (pointlessly) entertain the (ridiculous) notion that 3 retail exclusives within 6 months can be considered "dry".

Elite Sage
    Like I said, it's more or less the same. IF this were the NFL, the ruling on the field still stands.

And @mynd, this is release window. No one was saying nothing was coming out for X1, so chill brah. The disputed false/FUD assumption was; "PS4 is dry" (teehee ).

Again, the conversation is not of "list wars" theme as you are now alluding to. It's to (pointlessly) entertain the (ridiculous) notion that 3 retail exclusives within 6 months can be considered "dry".
    I'd say it's very dry when you look at all the studios they have, and while MLB the show is a great baseball sim it's not a very popular game among sports titles. Its hands down the best baseball game but not near as popular as the soccer, football and basketball games are.

Isn't those little niche games like Halo 5 and Fable Legends coming out next year as well?
    They might not be big movers, but people like niche games I'm told (tongue firmly in cheek).

I think a lot of things people are missing is, digital games are good, but they don't have a retail presence on the shelves, its hard to sell a system on a PSN game. Not that either system needs "selling" but you know what I mean.

It doesn't really matter which way you dice it, right now, the list of retail AAA titles being published next year by MS or affilates, extends well beyond what Sony has announced.

Now I say announced, because Sony are playing there cards very close to their chest at this point.
    Yea, you're right. I fogot about those.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style

That sounds moist to me

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Oh come off it, I'm not talking about tech research/Kinect/shovelware studios.

Sony's first party pack big punches and are counted among the best in the industry.
    We gonna go through this again <sighs>

Turn 10<->Polygon Digital
    343 Industries<->Gurerilla Games
    Black Tusk<->Naughty Dog
    Lionhead<->Santa Monica
    MGS Victoria<->Sucker Punch
    Rare<->Evolution
    Team Dakota<->Media Molecule

Then you have the lesser studios such as Big Park, Lift London, Press play, which all have equivalents in Sony stables(japan studios, Bend etc).

I'm not going to argue if they are any good, because as I said, a lot of them haven't proven anything yet.

But if you look at that list, 4 of those studios only came in to existence in the past 4 years (while 343 existed, they weren't a proper studio).
    I think that enough to say they are investing in the 1st party market.
    Will that investment pay off?

Buggered if I know.
    Last edited by mynd; 11-21-2013 at 02:32.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    I'd say it's very dry when you look at all the studios they have, and while MLB the show is a great baseball sim it's not a very popular game among sports titles. Its hands down the best baseball game but not near as popular as the soccer, football and basketball games are.

WAIT! So now you're moving goalposts = adding in popularity and adding in number of studios versus number of games.

Whereas earlier, it was simply about the number of games on PS4 (basically saying nothing was out for it- enter Ixion's post about 3rd parties); then it turned into number of exclusives, and then NOW with the added caveats and parameters.

Seriously?

IF wasn't Nostradums before.....

I'm not going to bother only for you to shift the rugby posts again. Goodnight sir, and I suggest for anyone else just to ignore this. It's like trying to tapdance on a dinghy in the middle of the perfect storm.

Good luck with your games Substance; but clearly you give Playstation/Sony zero credit for anything (never have imo but oh well). Have fun (genuinely, no sarcasm at all) with the X1 tomorrow. I sure am jealous of everyone that owns/will own (in the next 24 hours or so) a nextgen system.

Bastards...
    Last edited by Admartian; 11-21-2013 at 02:36.

21. Likes Demi_God likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    WAIT! So now you're moving goalposts = adding in popularity and adding in number of studios versus number of games.

Whereas earlier, it was simply about the number of games on PS4 (basically saying nothing was out for it- enter Ixion's post about 3rd parties; then turned into number of exclusives, and then NOW with the added caveats and parameters.

Sriously?

I'm not going to bother only for you to shift the rugby posts again. Goodnight sir, and I suggest for anyone else just to ignore this. It's like trying to tapdance on a dinghy in the middle of the perfect storm.

Good luck with your games Substance; but clearly you give Playstation/Sony zero credit for anything (never have imo but oh well). Have fun (genuinely, no sarcasm at all) with the X1 tomorrow. I sure am jealous of everyone that owns/will own (in the next 24 hours or so) a nextgen system.

Bastards...
    I was at The Warehouse just before, they had all the XBO titles on the shelf, was interesting to see.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    I was at The Warehouse just before, they had all the XBO titles on the shelf, was interesting to see.
    They have it early? Prices ballpark?

I need to price match some 3rd party stuff (as I'm sure EB's will be well above... ).

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style

Tempus fugit

Elite Sage

Whereas earlier, it was simply about the number of games on PS4 (basically saying nothing was out for it- enter Ixion's post about 3rd parties); then it turned into number of exclusives, and then NOW with the added caveats and parameters.

Seriously?

Bastards...
    I wasn't moving the gaol post . I was just basically saying that while they do have that game coming , it's not as desirable as other sports titles. I know there's probably more stuff out there that we don't know about, like indie stuff. It's not like I'm saying there is nothing to play. I think it's normal to have a bit of a drought a few months after launch. I was just expecting more from sony because supposedly they were ahead of MS in the hardware phase of development.

IRONRANGER6 Tapatalk

Dedicated Member
    Not true and obviously not a problem so far. So far, both COD games have the same score on metacritic for example.

Metacritic so far:

Knack---56
    KZ----73
    Resogun-----83

KI----73
    Forza-----82
    DR3------78
    Lets see what NON META Critic says, you know, FANS who are playing games on XBO and see it on PS4 the next day? Let's go with that and see how people feel about paying $100 more for the experience MS wants to deliver that includes getting less graphic punch for your money for $100 more!

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome

So just because an exclusive franchise is not popular it doesn't count? Like you said it is the one of the best sports games out. It is a quality game. Just because it doesn't sell a ton doesn't mean it isn't a selling point for some. Your logic about exclusives is just all over the place right now. It's hard to follow.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by John Willaford View Post
    Lets see what NON META Critic says, you know, FANS who are playing games on XBO and see it on PS4 the next day? Let's go with that and see how people feel about paying $100 more for the experience MS wants to deliver that includes getting less graphic punch for your money for $100 more!
    When i look at games like Ryse and forza 5 I don't see less graphic punch. I think people care more about what they get for that 100 dollars. I expect to pay more because i'm getting more of the things that matter to me.

Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    So just because an exclusive franchise is not popular it doesn't count? Like you said it is the one of the best sports games out. It is a quality game. Just because it doesn't sell a ton doesn't mean it isn't a selling point for some. Your logic about exclusives is just all over the place right now. It's hard to follow.
    I never said that. I just expected more out of the gate from the one that supposedly has more of a focus on games.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 11-21-2013 at 03:43.

Thread Information