Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    Doesn't have to be 1999, you show me an economy in any mmorpg right now that is actually thriving and isn't turned to $#@!? There are a few things on why the economy in every single new MMORPG are currently crap, they thrive the first 6 months and fall completely after that. The cause is Instances and auction houses. The proof is in both EQ and WoW. When the economy falls flat, that's it for the game, it's done.

The economy of mmorpgs need both of those things. If you have instances, you don't have rare items. just because the item says rare in a mmorpg that supports instances is pure bull$#@!. the economy in those games need rare items to keep it boosted, otherwise you'll hear another splat. Auction houses are another one that has completely ruined mmorpgs in that now you have farmers, not actual ingame players. take the time to sell your product and start playing the game.

honestly, you can say anything you want in this case of mmorpgs but the atmosphere in older mmorpgs trumps that even of WoW regardless of the subscription count. Currently seeing the high populated servers right now in WoW and they are flat out dead. If elders scrolls is going the hardcore route, I say bravo to them, the economy will last a lot longer and those items will still maintain importance.

I fully agree about the atsmosphere of older mmorpg, however you must also agree that they had just as many flaws(trolls, train mobs, griefing etc) as the new MMO.

Now the reason why this system will not work in new MMO is because gamers have changed. Can you honestly say you can dedicate the same amount of time into an MMORPG as you once did? MMORPG have turned the way they are now because the MAJORITY gamer has changed. Look at FF XI, look at WOW, these games are shades of their former selves. EQ2 tried to stick with a mostly old school MMORPG feel and they scraped that because numbers where low and is was bleeding money. This is something that has no place in a modern MMORPG because the people who have the same thought of you of yearning for the "glory days" of MMORPG are not enough to support a game. I think this system is actually good but it will only please a small number wait till those forums light up.

I know a year from now I will still be on forums so we can both see how ESO will either evolve or "de-evolve" with what they want. Apparently you can still get good loot, but the chest will have better and you will have to camp them and pray. So if you want to add me to PSN: yuuichix and a year from now we can both see if this formula works(if you want), or sooner if they patch it.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by podsaurus View Post
    I did get a beta code but judging from what I've read I haven't missed much have I?
    Play it next time. I loved it. It is buggy though.

Best story of any MMO.

Very Good immersion.

no more dam skill rotation on typical MMO.

huge character customization.

Master Poster

Quote Originally Posted by AttackTitan View Post
    Play it next time. I loved it. It is buggy though.

Best story of any MMO.

Very Good immersion.

no more dam skill rotation on typical MMO.

huge character customization.
    Yeah I really liked the beta also. I wouldn't say best story Secret World has the best story telling and voice acting i've seen.
    you can still get your mmo rotation going when you get around rank 8 or more.

really its the pace I enjoyed and just exploring the world.

Dedicated Member

I must say I have enjoyed the beta too. I'll probably play the game on and off until Star Citizen comes out.

I agree though - putting the Imperial race behind a paywall is rather shady.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    I fully agree about the atsmosphere of older mmorpg, however you must also agree that they had just as many flaws(trolls, train mobs, griefing etc) as the new MMO.

Now the reason why this system will not work in new MMO is because gamers have changed. Can you honestly say you can dedicate the same amount of time into an MMORPG as you once did? MMORPG have turned the way they are now because the MAJORITY gamer has changed. Look at FF XI, look at WOW, these games are shades of their former selves. EQ2 tried to stick with a mostly old school MMORPG feel and they scraped that because numbers where low and is was bleeding money. This is something that has no place in a modern MMORPG because the people who have the same thought of you of yearning for the "glory days" of MMORPG are not enough to support a game. I think this system is actually good but it will only please a small number wait till those forums light up.

I know a year from now I will still be on forums so we can both see how ESO will either evolve or "de-evolve" with what they want. Apparently you can still get good loot, but the chest will have better and you will have to camp them and pray. So if you want to add me to PSN: yuuichix and a year from now we can both see if this formula works(if you want), or sooner if they patch it.
    indeed. I believe it will work but that isn't saying I'm not wrong, I most certainly could be wrong. It's just that over so many mmorpg's I've played, everytime they stick instances and auction houses in a game and make everything easy to access, it always ends up dropping short and the entire fanbase will haul ass out of there.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    indeed. I believe it will work but that isn't saying I'm not wrong, I most certainly could be wrong. It's just that over so many mmorpg's I've played, everytime they stick instances and auction houses in a game and make everything easy to access, it always ends up dropping short and the entire fanbase will haul ass out of there.
    I recently restarted ffxiv on a new char. The world is so empty, people don't really help so leveling is a wasteland. Wow is the same. After initial 1-3 months of people pushing to log the world dies. Old school ff11 had it almost right. The greed of players with gear is it's bad spot.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    I recently restarted ffxiv on a new char. The world is so empty, people don't really help so leveling is a wasteland. Wow is the same. After initial 1-3 months of people pushing to log the world dies. Old school ff11 had it almost right. The greed of players with gear is it's bad spot.
    WoW actually started to die off a bit once battleground hit. I remember playing WoW when it released and before battlegrounds came out, it was a really fun game battling it out in the open world. Then BG hit and we all clammered in line some with 2 hour wait times. After a couple of months a lot of the core base split. So like WoW died off, then started to regenerate and now is basically a dead world with the majority of high levels.

EQ is the same way, it's all high levels but that game died off when the bazaar hit planes of knowledge hit or whichever expansion made it so you could port anywhere you wanted to go. before that, it was a very living world with stuff going on everywhere.

Usually where ever the hardcore base goes, the casuals will follow to be apart of it, but once the hardcore base dies off, the casuals lose interest since most of the good guilds that are worth joining are run by hardcores. After those core fanbases leave, that is when arguments and guild splits happen with others just dropping the game altogether. lol

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    There is a stress test this Friday, February 28th at 12:00PM EST until Sunday, March 2nd at 11:59PM EST.

My key has gone
    Last edited by keefy; 03-01-2014 at 09:48.

Chocolatier to the Stars
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    I do too

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

Forum Sage
    Same here. I won't havecw chance to play over the weekend

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Naughty DogFinal Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    WoW actually started to die off a bit once battleground hit. I remember playing WoW when it released and before battlegrounds came out, it was a really fun game battling it out in the open world. Then BG hit and we all clammered in line some with 2 hour wait times. After a couple of months a lot of the core base split. So like WoW died off, then started to regenerate and now is basically a dead world with the majority of high levels.

EQ is the same way, it's all high levels but that game died off when the bazaar hit planes of knowledge hit or whichever expansion made it so you could port anywhere you wanted to go. before that, it was a very living world with stuff going on everywhere.

Usually where ever the hardcore base goes, the casuals will follow to be apart of it, but once the hardcore base dies off, the casuals lose interest since most of the good guilds that are worth joining are run by hardcores. After those core fanbases leave, that is when arguments and guild splits happen with others just dropping the game altogether. lol
    Which is the the problem with all MMOs. As time goes on, it becomes less about actually exploring the world and more about waiting for queues. And if the hardcore is off grinding for gear, the casuals will be too.

Miqo'te Bard
    Anyone else tried it over the weekend?

Miqo'te Bard
    rumored another beta this weekend, I am sure I will have extra codes so let me know. Suppose to be a good look at final build.

Thread Information