Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style

Elder Scrolls Online Beta invites

Well I got my beta invite and was wondering if anyone else got one. I am going in with low expectations because the footage did not impress me at all.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Effekt
    Items Metal Gear SolidTommy VercettiLegend of ZeldaBlizzardAtlus
    Yeah, I got one too. I think actually a bunch of got one yesterday. Everybody that signed up that I know of has got one must be a big beta test this weekend.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    The gameplay was just a traditional elder scrolls with a few abilities that level up. I mean if you are a big elder scroll games this is Def for u but frankly I am not going to chop at dragons knees till they die in an mmo
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92
    Got one too, didn't play long honestly.. Wasn't that much interested when started up and I noticed few bugs from the second I started it.. Maybe I'll play some more in the future, should actually take the proper time to really play it for a while and see what my thoughts are.
    I've played Skyrim, none of the other games in the Elder Scrolls Series and I liked Skyrim quite a bit, except for the graphics which were a bit disappointing to me.

So far I'm havin an annoying bug though.. All over my screen I'm having my name shown, and it's not a watermark..

Miqo'te Bard
    Your name is shown so if you upload videos or screenshots(which you are not suppose to do) they can acces your account and ban you.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92
    Sounds understandable.. But I don't care that much honestly, so let'm

Miqo'te Bard
    This game is already starting off to suck.

-Imperial class locked to Imperial edition. An entire race you can not get unless you get it
    -Pre order you can choose any race for and faction which means f lore
    -The loot hey guess what first come first serve then you wait till respawn
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Typical.. my friend offered me his beta code. Kind of lost interest if theres already that kinda BS..

Not kept up but it looks well.. meh. Kind of feel like I dodged a bullet when I turned it down.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    cool seeing this thread reminded me to check my email and on ding so I have a beta code

Not enough disk space on my SSD. Wish they told me that before I chose to install it on that drive. Also the installer doesn't let you create new folders FFS.
    ITs a pretty big download, a little over 20GB.

I am new to t his style of game so ave no clue what is good or bad.
    Last edited by keefy; 02-09-2014 at 11:21.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Wow, putting a race behind paywall, even after you are asking 15$ per month. This is gross.
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Forum Sage

I think I'll stick to Guild Wars for my MMO adventures. For a F2P game it puts shame on others

Power Member
    Looks Quite nice

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h14m937316...2015.36.11.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3x8mjzd78w...2015.46.28.png

Using the print screen button the game saves as .bmp files so they are around 8MB each

Quote Originally Posted by Shingo View Post
    Wow, putting a race behind paywall, even after you are asking 15$ per month. This is gross.
    Could that be called racist?
    Last edited by keefy; 02-09-2014 at 16:06.

Power Member
    Forget it. IT is a beta this $#@! shouldn't be happening, they know exactly how many people they have allowed and how much bandwidth its going to need.

Last edited by keefy; 02-09-2014 at 19:22.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Only if they have the power of the Cloud or Azure or... whatever
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Power Member
    Even at midnight there is a 15 minute wait.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Final Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    Wow, as a big Elder Scrolls fan was a bit disappointed after watching the Angry Joe review. The whole preorder thing is ridiculous. It makes the whole concept of three separate factions based on location/race pointless if you can just make a character start as whatever race on whatever faction.

Miqo'te Bard
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Scud View Post
    Wow, as a big Elder Scrolls fan was a bit disappointed after watching the Angry Joe review. The whole preorder thing is ridiculous. It makes the whole concept of three separate factions based on location/race pointless if you can just make a character start as whatever race on whatever faction.
    Yeah this game screams of failure and money grubbings. Lets face it the thought is there that they will have a pay to switch factions, unlock imperial, and so on. Just cause wow does it does not mean they can. This game will go to F2P with in a year if not crash and burn all together. If they didnt do those things I would def say "hey if you like it great but not my cup of tea" but this is stupid and I cant even see the most die hard Elder scroll fans supporting this as elder scrolls is now for its massive lore. Whatch them do some bull$#@! cop out and people accept it much like WoW does when it butcher it lore.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    OnelShot
    Played a bit of the beta and seems fine. Doubt i'll buy it anytime soon, but does have a lot of potential.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Final Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    Yeah this game screams of failure and money grubbings. Lets face it the thought is there that they will have a pay to switch factions, unlock imperial, and so on. Just cause wow does it does not mean they can. This game will go to F2P with in a year if not crash and burn all together. If they didnt do those things I would def say "hey if you like it great but not my cup of tea" but this is stupid and I cant even see the most die hard Elder scroll fans supporting this as elder scrolls is now for its massive lore. Whatch them do some bull$#@! cop out and people accept it much like WoW does when it butcher it lore.
    I wouldn't be surprised if it went F2P pretty quickly. It reminds me of SWTOR in that regard. Doesn't seem to have that IT factor, from the little bit of footage I saw. Could be wrong. The MMO market is pretty difficult to jump into and if the game looks generic or stale, probably going to fall apart after players start leaving.

Master Poster

I think we may be under estimating the Elder Scrolls pull. I remember seeing Skyrim selling through 20 Million just recently, and looking at top played games on 360 from 2012 to 2013 skyrim held a spot just outside the top 10 over that span.
    I would be interested to see what the average play time per player is, but I would think the game has the draw for the people it does appeal to.
    It's not your traditional mmo and I think thats why it will be successful, It's going to capture the people that just want to explore that world and be apart of it, and less about the awesome loot drops and 40 mans.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    This game is already starting off to suck.

-Imperial class locked to Imperial edition. An entire race you can not get unless you get it
    -Pre order you can choose any race for and faction which means f lore
    -The loot hey guess what first come first serve then you wait till respawn
    That's the way it should be with loot, first come first serve. That is one little thing that made Everquest so great, once you finally got that item, it was a really good feeling of accomplishment.

Miqo'te Bard
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    That's the way it should be with loot, first come first serve. That is one little thing that made Everquest so great, once you finally got that item, it was a really good feeling of accomplishment.
    Let me know how that works out with this game. This is not 1999.

El Presidente
    I did get a beta code but judging from what I've read I haven't missed much have I?

Power Member
    IT does seem well made. Voice acting is good but its no wonder when you have actors such as John Cleese (Monty Python) and Michael Gambon (Layer Cake) those are the only 2 I recognised from the small part I played.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    Let me know how that works out with this game. This is not 1999.
    Doesn't have to be 1999, you show me an economy in any mmorpg right now that is actually thriving and isn't turned to $#@!? There are a few things on why the economy in every single new MMORPG are currently crap, they thrive the first 6 months and fall completely after that. The cause is Instances and auction houses. The proof is in both EQ and WoW. When the economy falls flat, that's it for the game, it's done.

The economy of mmorpgs need both of those things. If you have instances, you don't have rare items. just because the item says rare in a mmorpg that supports instances is pure bull$#@!. the economy in those games need rare items to keep it boosted, otherwise you'll hear another splat. Auction houses are another one that has completely ruined mmorpgs in that now you have farmers, not actual ingame players. take the time to sell your product and start playing the game.

honestly, you can say anything you want in this case of mmorpgs but the atmosphere in older mmorpgs trumps that even of WoW regardless of the subscription count. Currently seeing the high populated servers right now in WoW and they are flat out dead. If elders scrolls is going the hardcore route, I say bravo to them, the economy will last a lot longer and those items will still maintain importance.
    Last edited by Demi_God; 02-12-2014 at 00:27.

Thread Information