Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    yeah taz, it's like "oh really, because those reviews are totally legit". do you guys think that these reports will be blown up for the X1 as well? i expect the failure rate to be nowhere near it was for the 360 to be honest.....

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Quote Originally Posted by JDizzleNO1 View Post
    yeah taz, it's like "oh really, because those reviews are totally legit". do you guys think that these reports will be blown up for the X1 as well? i expect the failure rate to be nowhere near it was for the 360 to be honest.....
    I'm sure you'll have some fanboy poster from the Sony side of the fence pulling the same $#@!. I visit some Xbox Green sites, and I see the same $#@!, a few fanboys spoiling the party. Each side has its detractors. And you'll have the FUD Bloggers trying to get their hit counts up. After all, they're not graded on how good their articles are, they're graded on how many hits they get.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ427 View Post
    I'm sure you'll have some fanboy poster from the Sony side of the fence pulling the same $#@!. I visit some Xbox Green sites, and I see the same $#@!, a few fanboys spoiling the party. Each side has its detractors. And you'll have the FUD Bloggers trying to get their hit counts up. After all, they're not graded on how good their articles are, they're graded on how many hits they get.

oh right i don't mean to think sony fans are clean in this aspect because they can and are just as bad. i guess im just like "whaaaaaaaaa?" during this time, last time i wasn't around the internet as much when the ps3 and 360 came out to see all the bull$#@!, now that i use the net on a daily basis its "interesting" to say the least

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by NerveGas View Post
    %1 of a million isn't a lot in the big picture. but it's enough that if everyone with a broken system gets on the internet and starts $#@!ing about it; it starts to seem like a lot. especially when everyone with a working system is too busy playing to post about their experience with a working console. and mine works just fine by the way.

so yea, i agree. the whole thing was blown way out of proportion. and im glad sony released revised numbers. the %.4 was for pre-release consoles. and by the way, people made a big deal about ps3's ylod, but the ps3's failure rate was actually below average for consumer electronics.
    NerveGas

I have to say I disagree that it was wrong for people to make a big deal out of the launch PS3's getting the YLOD. I expected my launch PS3 to last for at least 10 years!! It lasted barely a year and a half to 2 years. My launch PS2 is still going strong so my assumption was based on that. Sony got the whole launch PS3 thing wrong. Microsoft caught them out so they panicked and rushed out a console with major internal problems. But.....thats history now and I swore after that that I wouldnt buy another launch Playstation!!

But here I am a week away from getting a PS4 on 29 November for the European launch. Judging by what I have read and seen on the internet, from that press conference in New York in February this year to the present, and consquently pre ordering in June this year after E3, I firmly believe Sony have got it right this time. I am sold on the PS4. Plain and simple
    Last edited by timewriter2003; 11-21-2013 at 22:14.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Quote Originally Posted by timewriter2003 View Post
    NerveGas

I have to say I disagree that it was wrong for people to make a big deal out of the launch PS3's getting the YLOD. I expected my launch PS3 to last for at least 10 years!! It lasted barely a year and a half to 2 years. My launch PS2 is still going strong so my assumption was based on that. Sony got the whole launch PS3 thing wrong. Microsoft caught them out so they panicked and rushed out a console with major internal problems. But.....thats history now and I swore after that that I wouldnt buy another launch Playstation!!

But here I am a week away from getting a PS4 on 29 November for the European launch. Judging by what I have read and seen on the internet, from that press conference in New York in February this year to the present, and consquently pre ordering in June this year after E3, I firmly believe Sony have got it right this time. I am sold on the PS4. Plain and simple

as you should be, the ps4 is an amazing piece of hardware, almost as good as a room full of boobs

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    as you should be, the ps4 is an amazing piece of hardware, almost as good as a room full of boobs
    I like boobs!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

7. Likes JDizzleNO1 likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    I like boobs!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    this reminds me, check out this song....

NOT SAFE FOR WORK OR JEALOUS GIRLFRIENDS/WIVES

9. Likes Ezekiel likes this post
    Apprentice
    this reminds me, check out this song....

NOT SAFE FOR WORK OR JEALOUS GIRLFRIENDS/WIVES

I am into dance music, or EDM as I think its known in the States, so that song to me is woeful. But the video...whoooppppeeeee!!

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    lol timewriter im a huge metal head fan, and these guys are of the "humerous" type of metal. i love the video!

Veteran
    PSN ID
    saigon1914
    yes this was blown out of proportion and I hope , actually wish MS good luck because now they are going through the headaches we went through last week with people posting issues. I hope the issues are small scaled and nothing big comes from it.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Quote Originally Posted by Saigon View Post
    yes this was blown out of proportion and I hope , actually wish MS good luck because now they are going through the headaches we went through last week with people posting issues. I hope the issues are small scaled and nothing big comes from it.
    right. i doubt it'll be like their last console, if so then

Veteran
    Youtube is starting to be flooded with the XBO Disk Read Error problem. It is bad, it goes in and starts this horrible grinding noise. It does eject though. MS really lowballed on the BD-ROM. Maybe Sony knew this in February.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

Veteran
    PSN ID
    saigon1914
    Quote Originally Posted by Bligmerk View Post
    Youtube is starting to be flooded with the XBO Disk Read Error problem. It is bad, it goes in and starts this horrible grinding noise. It does eject though. MS really lowballed on the BD-ROM. Maybe Sony knew this in February.
    Are you serious. I hope it is just isolated incidences. I doubt we can take another generation of high failure rates and I doubt MS Xbox division can survive another issue like that. I highly doubt it has to do with Sony; it truly may depend on the disk drive MS choose to place in the system. Does anyone know who manufactured the BD disk drives in the Xbone.

Dedicated Member

Are you serious. I hope it is just isolated incidences. I doubt we can take another generation of high failure rates and I doubt MS Xbox division can survive another issue like that. I highly doubt it has to do with Sony; it truly may depend on the disk drive MS choose to place in the system. Does anyone know who manufactured the BD disk drives in the Xbone.
    In this market? MS can survive another one or two 50% failure rates of consoles. Which is a shame, since I'm still hoping either Nintendo or MS would drop out of making consoles and just develop their games for the remaining two, while keep the remaining two nipping at each others heels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    For goodness sake I hope nobody thinks to start labelling the console an Xbrick,
    oops
    -Regarding the Xbone A.K.A. the Xbrick

"Faith - that's another word for ignorance isn't it?" -House

Veteran
    PSN ID
    saigon1914
    Quote Originally Posted by VayMasters86 View Post
    In this market? MS can survive another one or two 50% failure rates of consoles. Which is a shame, since I'm still hoping either Nintendo or MS would drop out of making consoles and just develop their games for the remaining two, while keep the remaining two nipping at each others heels.
    Based on their current cooperate structures, I don't think they can or will survive with another failure rate issue. The company is looking for a new CEO and depending who they choose the Xbox division maybe sold.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    Items Led ZeppelinDreamcastDead NationArnold SchwarzneggerUser name style
    If they really cared....they would just show the girls instead of going back and forth from the girls to the band.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    It will be real interesting to find out what the failure rate is on the XBone. The internet is giving them an even hard $#@! slapping right now than what Sony got with their Disc Read Failure / Grinder.

Sounds like a plastic gear slipping when a motor keeps going (or not fully engaged gear.) I've heard that sound a couple plastic gears with that issue, the most recent was a brand new HP printer when it would attempt to do a paper feed but just make the plastic gear grinding noise.

EDIT: OMG it has a 35.5% Failure rate - LOL - Must stop production. Call all Best Buy workers immediately and let them know we are stopping production of the XBone. (sc)

xbox1.jpg
    Last edited by TAZ427; 11-22-2013 at 23:28.

PSN ID
    amazingpupil
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Wait, so Sony is only catering to the Top 1%????

#occupyPlaystation
    #PreorderCancelled
    #endemic

/proportion, blown out of
    Wait so mine bricked. I AM THE 1%

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by amazingpupil View Post
    Wait so mine bricked. I AM THE 1%
    aren't you special. lol

Banned

I think these failures are within normal rates. It's certainly the widest variety of types of problems I can recall in a console launch. It's usually been no more than about two types of problems. I mean.... sticking bumper buttons? Never seen that in a new controller. Maybe in a used one that got splashed with soda.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    I think these failures are within normal rates. It's certainly the widest variety of types of problems I can recall in a console launch. It's usually been no more than about two types of problems. I mean.... sticking bumper buttons? Never seen that in a new controller. Maybe in a used one that got splashed with soda.

or maybe gamers got too excited and well...you know on the buttons?

PSN ID
    amazingpupil
    Quote Originally Posted by Serinous View Post
    aren't you special. lol
    Worst distinction possible. haha.

PSN ID
    amazingpupil
    Double post

Thread Information