Page 1 of 4 1 ... LastLast
    Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style

When do we see the performance we paid so much for?

We all know that lots of games you can get as launch titles on both new consoles are also available on last generation...which begs the question "how much work was put into titles like BF4, ghosts, FIFA, etc "???
    I mean, those games can't be pushing the new generation too hard, so when do we get to see a beautiful ps4 game...? Uncharted 4? LBP? I'm feeling a little disappointed that the games I have except killzone can all be played on ps3....

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.' - Abraham Lincoln

2. Likes AaronSOLDIER , 33x likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style
    You didn't pay $#@! for the quality you're going to get

Just have patience man. These games that show off what the PS4 can do will take some time to develop.

4. Likes TEST SUBJECT 83 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanm1978 View Post
    We all know that lots of games you can get as launch titles on both new consoles are also available on last generation...which begs the question "how much work was put into titles like BF4, ghosts, FIFA, etc "???
    I mean, those games can't be pushing the new generation too hard, so when do we get to see a beautiful ps4 game...? Uncharted 4? LBP? I'm feeling a little disappointed that the games I have except killzone can all be played on ps3....

Thats why I didnt buy a PS4. Majority of the launch games are on either PS3 or PC or both.

Driveclub Team A Head
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Good things come to those who wait!

I'm glad I am getting one at launch, even if I have to stare lovingly at it until a really good game is released at least I shall have it
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style

when Evolution and SP says so

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    I also wonder what will be the defining title, or titles, that really define the ps4. In the way LBP and uncharted defined 3 with beautiful graphics and design...

'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.' - Abraham Lincoln

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83

Whatever man,
    If your not happy with those graphics, then you will never be happy.
    The PS4 has amazing looking games.
    Have you played AC:4 since the patch that made it 1080p and upgraded the AA?
    It looks noticeably better, I'm very surprised.
    Battlefield looks $#@!ing Amazing for a launch game as does EVERY game IMO, especially Killzone and NBA2k.
    I really don't get your reason for creating this?
    You know as much as anyone what games are coming, Amazing games like Infamous and The Order, and to answer your question, "a hell of a lot" of work was put into the cross gen games. You think Watch Dogs is gonna be inferior because it is also for the PS3? Gimme a break.
    I can't believe you feel dissapointed because most launch titles are cross gen games, I don't get people sometimes?

PS: just look at how smooth the UI works to see the performance you paid "so much" for.
    IMO the PS4 is cheap for whats inside.
    Last edited by TEST SUBJECT 83; 11-21-2013 at 09:56. Reason: shitty spelling

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    I love this OP. this is the $#@! ive been saying for months,

Why give us next gen consoles NOW when nothing on them is really next gen? Yet the majority of us will still rush out and get em!

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

11. Likes jonathanm1978 likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83
    I direct you to my post above yours^

Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post

Why give us next gen consoles NOW when nothing on them is really next gen? Yet the majority of us will still rush out and get em!

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by TEST SUBJECT 83 View Post
    I direct you to my post above yours^
    Thank you

14. Likes TEST SUBJECT 83 likes this post
    Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    Look at the Wii U as prime example, if no one buying it no one will support it. Sales mean everything, you will see defining titles when the PS4 generate enough sales.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Lol oh young grasshoppers...that hype Kool-aid is starting to wear off

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Elite Sage
    Whatever man,
    Battlefield looks $#@!ing Amazing for a launch game as does EVERY game IMO, especially Killzone and NBA2k.
    You know as much as anyone what games are coming, Amazing games like Infamous and The Order, and to answer your question, "a hell of a lot" of work was put into the cross gen games. You think Watch Dogs is gonna be inferior because it is also for the PS3? Gimme a break.
    I can't believe you feel dissapointed because most launch titles are cross gen games, I don't get people sometimes?

PS: just look at how smooth the UI works to see the performance you paid "so much" for.
    I think he has a valid point. People have just bought a new system and a majority of the games can be played on current generation hardware. Where are the defining new titles?

My main problem for cancelling my PS4 pre-order (other than money being tight unexpectedly) was down to the fact until Infamous comes out everything else I want I can play elsewhere.

18. Likes 33x , jonathanm1978 likes this post
    Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    Whatever man,

I named games I'm familiar with...FIFA, I don't own but have seen. You asked if I've played AC....no. it wasn't part of what I listed. And no, not a lot of work goes into multiplat games. They don't take time to tweak each game to the console...they just make it work and sell it. Looks aren't everything...And I've barely been able to play BF4 because they weren't prepared and shipped a broke game. One out of five tries I may get into a lobby to play. And Ghosts is, well, it's COD. The same thing it's always been with a new name and different maps.
    Sure, they are all pretty and have lots of nice colors...but game design isn't just looks. I would like to see substance and depth, and gameplay that shows what the system can do. Dislike what I've said or not..the games released with ps4 are nice...but they could have been churned on last gen. Wait a minute...they were!

All the stuff you've said about BF4, FIFA, Assassin's Creed...was that meant for the PS3 or PS4 version of those games?
    I'm trying to think..is there ANY game out right now that you cannot play on PS3 besides Killzone?
    You got, AC:BF..BF4, COD:Ghosts, Injustice, Contrast, NFS...and on and on...
    I think I saw there are 24 games for the PS4 currently..a large percentage of those, probably 75% or more, can be played on last-gen console.
    I realize it takes a while to create a truly magnificent game...but I think this is where some devs may have goofed and created a game that's just now hitting PS3, when PS4 is fresh out and needs a push into the market.
    Instead of dropping a new Infamous later, or Uncharted 4 later, or LBP later....they should've started working and at the very least gave us something to really show us what we're in for...like an Uncharted 4 online-only, or a short demo of a really sophisticated game that pushes the enveloped of the PS4.
    Nothing I'm playing right now screams out "THIS is next-gen...this is what I've waited since February to see".
    I still purchased the console and I'm still glad I did..I know it's on the horizon...
    but, that doesn't convey the sense of urgency to run out and buy it now, because __________ can only be done on PS4 right now.
    Last edited by jonathanm1978; 11-21-2013 at 11:18. Reason: transition from phone to PC

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post

I'm getting both new consoles at launch, but he's right. I've mentioned this before and I'll say it again, several high profile developers have been quote in the past year, especially prior to PS4 announcement, stating they didn't need new console for the power. They could do the project they had in mind on current gen hardware. They needed new consoles to stimulate the market. New console owners buy more games up front and there's a residual effect on the rest of the market, increasing games sales across the board as last gen owners buy more games, too, merely from the PR and marketing focus on games that comes from the launch of new consoles.

Cross-gen games don't seem dated in visuals or gameplay until you play the new gen versions. It'll be a while. One of my favorite games for PS3 was FEAR. A years' old port from Windows, and as ports to PS3 go, not a very pretty one. But I thought it played great because it was a good game, and I thought it looked great because it was what I had.

That said, there are other benefits of a more powerful next gen already here. Refined UI. New or expanded IPs coming soon you can only get on next gen. Wireless game audio via the controller using any headphones you please. That last one is worth a couple hundred bucks to me right there.
    Last edited by sanfordmay; 11-21-2013 at 11:36.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    My solution...

If you don't see any games that you want, don't buy the PS4.

Done.

[sarcasm]It is a terrible launch because all the games that are going to be made for the PS4 should have been done at launch.[/sarcasm]

22. Likes Mael Duin, TheBreezyBB likes this post
    Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by sanfordmay View Post
    I'm getting both new consoles at launch, but he's right. I've mentioned this before and I'll say it again, several high profile developers have been quote in the past year, especially prior to PS4 announcement, stating they didn't need new console for the power. They could do the project they had in mind on current gen hardware. They needed new consoles to stimulate the market. New console owners buy more games up front and there's a residual effect on the rest of the market, increasing games sales across the board as last gen owners buy more games, too, merely from the PR and marketing focus on games that comes from the launch of new consoles.

Cross-gen games don't seem dated in visuals or gameplay until you play the new gen versions. It'll be a while. One of my favorite games for PS3 was FEAR. A years' old port from Windows, and as ports to PS3 go, not a very pretty one. But I thought it played great because it was a good game, and I thought it looked great because it was what I had.

That said, there are other benefits of a more powerful next gen already here. Refined UI. New or expanded IPs coming soon you can only get on next gen. Wireless game audio via the controller using any headphones you please. That last one is worth a couple hundred bucks to me right there.

You're very right -- and I'll be the first to stand up and defend Sony and my purchase of PS4. When it comes to being a fan of Sony...I'm first to say that I love the Playstation brand...not so much that I'd follow them to the pits of hell, but I'm firm into my Playstation lifestyle....since the PSone days. With that said, I don't see the need to defend them aimlessly because they do make bad marketing decisions. Prime example - PSP. I hope they can turn the Vita disaster around, they've sparked my interest in getting one, but not enough to have me go check prices just yet...it's probably more than i want to spend right now with Christmas coming and 4 kids to buy presents for....

I jumped on launch day for the PS4 because I remember when I got my Ps3 back in 2008...and I missed out on the surprises that were brought in...and I want to be a part of that with this console. But, I also want something that sets me apart from the 2 Playstation 3 consoles I own...
    I just purchased a brand new PS3 back in March..and still have the almost 2-year old slim sitting here...and now I have a Ps4. I've spent thousands, just like the rest of you have, and I also remember how long it took before anyone could harness the power of the PS3 and bring that into a game...I hope we don't have to wait that long this time around. It was nearly 3 years into the Ps3 before we saw how awesome it was....and we started hearing "we've maxxed out the Ps3 potential with this game"....and they kept getting better and better with each new first-party title after that. And every game's devs said they had maxxed it out...but they kept outdoing themselves...
    I hope to see titles like the Ps3 had after 3 years in the first year or 2...not have to wait for a dev to figure out how to code properly for the console. They said the was so much more difficult to write code for, but once they figured out how she worked...they churned out games that were incredible..and they still are.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    My solution...

Done.

[sarcasm]It is a terrible launch because all the games that are going to be made for the PS4 should have been done at launch.[/sarcasm]
    Yes! I want Uncharted 6 and GT8 NEXT WEEK SONY! Ubisoft, the division should have been out yesterday? WTF man.

It's not like the launch line up and post launch games have not been known for awhile now, so why are people all of a sudden surprised?

Elite Sage
    My solution...

Done.

No one said it was a terrible launch. Just not many defining games to make someone run out and buy a PS4.

I'm speaking purely from an exclusive point of view. BF4, CoD and AC4 will all run better on my PC. Killzone i've never truly gotten along with. If they would've had Infamous:SS as the only launch game then it would've still been one of the best PS launches.

Infamous:SS looks as if it'll be worth waiting for though. Not been that excited about a console game in forever.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    My solution...

Done.

How about this....we'll call it a terrible time to launch if this time next year, you can still get first-party titles like Uncharted and LBP on the PS3 ...because that'll just make me realize that for $200 more than the current $199 PS3 price, I could've bought some new games. That fair enough?

I like having a new console...but aside from the Share button and not being able to use my $180 Sony Pulse Elite headset that's only 8 months old...what do I really have? I've used the share button once...because I have a $#@!ty internet connection with sorry upload speeds, I'll never be able to broadcast anything...(or not until AT&T decides that U-verse would be profitable here)...I can't get cable..I can't get anything else...so I'm stuck. I have two physical DSL lines, two physical modems...each with 6mbps/down & .5mbps/up. I'm not thrilled by sharing...and because of the usual launch problems that DICE faces, I can't be thrilled by the games like BF4. Is it really so much to ask?

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    Yes! I want Uncharted 6 and GT8 NEXT WEEK SONY! Ubisoft, the division should have been out yesterday? WTF man.

It's not like the launch line up and post launch games have not been known for awhile now, so why are people all of a sudden surprised?

It's not like the launch of the PS4 was a surprise to Sony insiders and developer studios..was it?

I mean...did Jack call up Guerilla, Mediamolecule, etc on February 1st and tell them "hey guys, on Feb 20, we're gonna announce the PS4. We figured you'd like to know 2 weeks ahead of time to start building games for the new console coming later this year"...
    I mean seriously...how long have insiders at Sony and first-party developers known this was coming to fruition in 2013. Hell, even the general, Google-using public figured out that new consoles would be arriving in late 2013/early 2014 2 years ago.

How long did Gran Turismo 5 stay in development...and how many delays did it get? I remember wishing Polyphony would hurry up and get it done ...and suddenly it only takes another year to churn another one..not for PS4..but for the same console. I just don't understand some of the things happening right now in the gaming world I guess...from a common-sense standpoint.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    How about this....we'll call it a terrible time to launch if this time next year, you can still get first-party titles like Uncharted and LBP on the PS3 ...because that'll just make me realize that for $200 more than the current $199 PS3 price, I could've bought some new games. That fair enough?

I like having a new console...but aside from the Share button and not being able to use my $180 Sony Pulse Elite headset that's only 8 months old...what do I really have? I've used the share button once...because I have a $#@!ty internet connection with sorry upload speeds, I'll never be able to broadcast anything...(or not until AT&T decides that U-verse would be profitable here)...I can't get cable..I can't get anything else...so I'm stuck. I have two physical DSL lines, two physical modems...each with 6mbps/down & .5mbps/up. I'm not thrilled by sharing...and because of the usual launch problems that DICE faces, I can't be thrilled by the games like BF4. Is it really so much to ask?
    Then why did you buy the PS4? If the things you wanted for the PS4 aren't there, why did you buy it?

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    Then why did you buy the PS4? If the things you wanted for the PS4 aren't there, why did you buy it?
    Because of things like the Playstation blog, in the FAQ....saying that the headsets would be added in an upcoming patch. Then...the day one patch details saying it would allow MOST USB headsets to work..but not blutooth. So there's that...

And quite frankly..I bought it because I wanted it. But I looked into the future and saw that I wouldn't be able to play things like BF4 and COD on day one (or day 8) pre-launch...so there's that also.

Never said I didn't want it. What I do want is to be able to play things that I purchased with it ...I still can't play the games I bought without errors.
    COD was the first game I came home with at midnight on release day...I popped it in and tried it at 2am...it didn't work...No big deal. At 4pm that day, it still didn't work...so I had to resort to trying to download from the bogged-down PSN store...so I could TRY and play a game on the console in the first day I had it. COD still didn't work when I went to bed that night.
    BF4 came in on Friday...and it didn't work either. At all. So there was a little disappointment there.
    And now, I still can't play BF4 without errors and having my profile reset every time I manage to get into a game...I am pushed out, only to find that I either get reset, or I have some of what I unlocked.

This isn't really what the OP was about..but this is the frustration that everyone is feeling too...
    Last edited by jonathanm1978; 11-21-2013 at 12:30.

30. Likes 33x likes this post
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style
    I mean...did Jack call up Guerilla, Mediamolecule, etc on February 1st and tell them "hey guys, on Feb 20, we're gonna announce the PS4. We figured you'd like to know 2 weeks ahead of time to start building games for the new console coming later this year"...
    I mean seriously...how long have insiders at Sony and first-party developers known this was coming to fruition in 2013. Hell, even the general, Google-using public figured out that new consoles would be arriving in late 2013/early 2014 2 years ago.
    maybe you missed that all launch games most of the time was developed on old version of devkits with 4gb ram, and they recieved final versions with 8gb not so long ago,even GG with all their talent couldnt learn new hardware THAT fast. your position looks like "i pay you, now you must wow me, but i'll be very strict to everything you'll show me"

32. Likes thanatos144 likes this post
    Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    cos its a ps4, its the next gen console, regardless if the games aint ready yet, i still got have at least one of them consoles just because!

Thread Information