Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by FireSol View Post
    maybe you missed that all launch games most of the time was developed on old version of devkits with 4gb ram, and they recieved final versions with 8gb not so long ago,even GG with all their talent couldnt learn new hardware THAT fast. your position looks like "i pay you, now you must wow me, but i'll be very strict to everything you'll show me"
    the 4gb of ram thing was 3rd party devs and indie. First party knew...but it is what it is..doesn't matter much ...the entire thread has derailed to a point of a few folks defending Sony like a beaten-down warrior. I simply stated the obvious -- I haven't said "wow" yet...

Apparently some of you have just been waiting on someone to come in and say something so you could unload on them for saying it...I never said it wasn't worth it. I never said I didn't want to buy it..otherwise, I wouldn't have. Maybe some of you purchased it on credit, and get easy monthly installments...for me, it was part of a paycheck. When I buy something I want my money's worth, and I simply said that there isn't much out right now that really makes the PS4 stand-out and shows it's power. I know the power is there, because I've seen the specs..asking for a game to use that power isn't too much to ask...because the multiplats aren't going to be optimized for each console...they never have been.
    Games like KZ:SF are barely getting to 8 on reviews..
    I haven't played enough of KZ yet to have an opinion..so I've left it out...if it really shows what the PS4 can do, then I'll redact my statement.
    Otherwise...I feel like the Ps4 was just a PS3 upgrade...or a PS3 v.2...
    Until something comes along..then there's that nifty touchpad and share button I can tinker with and get hours of enjoyment...right?
    Last edited by jonathanm1978; 11-21-2013 at 12:40.

'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.' - Abraham Lincoln

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanm1978 View Post
    Because of things like the Playstation blog, in the FAQ....saying that the headsets would be added in an upcoming patch. Then...the day one patch details saying it would allow MOST USB headsets to work..but not blutooth. So there's that...

And quite frankly..I bought it because I wanted it. But I looked into the future and saw that I wouldn't be able to play things like BF4 and COD on day one (or day pre-launch...so there's that also.

Never said I didn't want it. What I do want is to be able to play things that I purchased with it ...I still can't play the games I bought without errors.
    COD was the first game I came home with at midnight on release day...I popped it in and tried it at 2am...it didn't work...No big deal. At 4pm that day, it still didn't work...so I had to resort to trying to download from the bogged-down PSN store...so I could TRY and play a game on the console in the first day I had it. COD still didn't work when I went to bed that night.
    BF4 came in on Friday...and it didn't work either. At all. So there was a little disappointment there.
    And now, I still can't play BF4 without errors and having my profile reset every time I manage to get into a game...I am pushed out, only to find that I either get reset, or I have some of what I unlocked.

This isn't really what the OP was about..but this is the frustration that everyone is feeling too...
    You can't play any games, ever, without the possibility of having errors. You can't play BF4 on the PS3 without the chance of having an error. I'm not sure what error you had with COD, but it worked fine for me. I haven't had a single problem with it; well, other than me sucking at the game lol. BF4, the same. No problems here.

I don't understand the frustration. When something is launched, it's going to have issues. That's how issues are addressed. No amount of corporate QA will address the millions of possibilities that will be evident once the systems and software are in the hands of consumers.

3. Likes FireSol likes this post
    Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    So is it wrong of me/us to not expected to be wowed when we have paid 400 plus for a next gen console from the off?

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I don't understand the frustration. When something is launched, it's going to have issues. That's how issues are addressed. No amount of corporate QA will address the millions of possibilities that will be evident once the systems and software are in the hands of consumers.
    My thoughts exactly, finally someone putting in to words what I was thinking!
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    You can't play any games, ever, without the possibility of having errors. You can't play BF4 on the PS3 without the chance of having an error. I'm not sure what error you had with COD, but it worked fine for me. I haven't had a single problem with it; well, other than me sucking at the game lol. BF4, the same. No problems here.

No one is talking about hardware issues, we are talking about having next gen consoles with no next gen worthy games, THATS the frustration

7. Likes BBK.. , jonathanm1978 likes this post
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style
    tnx, man!! you saved me from writing wall of text ))))

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style

I got home from Gamestop on 11/15 at around 12:15am....I spent the next 30 minutes or so setting up the PS4...and I tried COD for about 2 minutes before I went to bed...it gave errors...so I figured by 8am or so, it would maybe work.

The entire first day...11/15, I encountered errors all day. COD never launched. The same error I get with BF4 now, I was getting with COD ghosts. Finally, on Saturday...I managed to get Ghosts to launch without having that 34878 error. BF4 still wouldn't...so I didn't try it and kept playing COD.
    I didn't get into a BF4 game until Monday...and every game I entered...it would let me play TDM for about 2 minutes, then I would get 34878.
    I still get 34878 on BF4...or I did as of last night.

I was there for BFBC2. BF3. and now, BF4. I know launch errors. KZ2...UC2..UC3...
    I've been playing online since 2008..I know what to expect.

Greatness awaits..but for how long do we gotta "await"...by now, I think they should know that a launch is going to be hell on the servers.

seems like the White House hired people from game studios to launch the Affordable Care Act website...
    Maybe one of the shuddered devs went to work for the government??? Anyone know inside info on this?? We should investigate.

'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.' - Abraham Lincoln

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    So is it wrong of me/us to not expected to be wowed when we have paid 400 plus for a next gen console from the off?
    I didn't say it is wrong or right. It's not like this stuff hasn't been shown over the past couple months at least. If you weren't wowed then, I don't know what you expected to happen on launch day.
    No one is talking about hardware issues, we are talking about having next gen consoles with no next gen worthy games, THATS the frustration
    Again, it wasn't a secret to what will be launched. If you bought the console, knowing full well what was to be launched, how would you have any real reason to be frustrated?
    I got home from Gamestop on 11/15 at around 12:15am....I spent the next 30 minutes or so setting up the PS4...and I tried COD for about 2 minutes before I went to bed...it gave errors...so I figured by 8am or so, it would maybe work.

The entire first day...11/15, I encountered errors all day. COD never launched. The same error I get with BF4 now, I was getting with COD ghosts. Finally, on Saturday...I managed to get Ghosts to launch without having that 34878 error. BF4 still wouldn't...so I didn't try it and kept playing COD.
    I didn't get into a BF4 game until Monday...and every game I entered...it would let me play TDM for about 2 minutes, then I would get 34878.
    I still get 34878 on BF4...or I did as of last night.

I was there for BFBC2. BF3. and now, BF4. I know launch errors. KZ2...UC2..UC3...
    I've been playing online since 2008..I know what to expect.

Greatness awaits..but for how long do we gotta "await"...by now, I think they should know that a launch is going to be hell on the servers.

seems like the White House hired people from game studios to launch the Affordable Care Act website...
    Maybe one of the shuddered devs went to work for the government??? Anyone know inside info on this?? We should investigate.
    I received my console 2:30pm on 11/15 and haven't had any more than a couple of hitches since opening it up. Played BF4 just fine online.

11. Likes TidalPhoenix likes this post
    Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    No next gen worthy games? Brb playing 64 players on my ps3 bra with same graphics as per....oh wait. I am assuming this must be your first day 1 console because rarely has there ever been super awesome graphic games on day 1. Wait till infamous and deep down and the order and if those are not what you want you got really high expectations,
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Hole Finder - Mind the Ga
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    F34R puts it perfectly.

Nobody bought a PS4 on launch day without knowing what games would be available for it. We all knew. Any one of you could have cancelled your pre-order and frankly I'd even understand why you might want to do that. But you simply cannot expect a slew of this-gen straining games to drop out of thin air on day one. I don't care what anyone says I remember my 360 launch being exactly the same - some okay games, some really terrible ones, and none which are still talked about today - so this is par for the course!

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

14. Likes F34R likes this post
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Uh....it isn't like we haven't been shown videos over and over again of what the games look like for months now. If you are disappointed in what you bought, you only have yourself to blame. 33x has been saying for a while that he is holding off until he sees games that are worth the purchase. Nothing wrong with that at all. But I don't see the point in complaining about what has been out there for everyone to see for some time now AFTER you bought the thing.

edit: Or.....what F34R said.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

16. Likes F34R likes this post
    Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    I didn't say it is wrong or right. It's not like this stuff hasn't been shown over the past couple months at least. If you weren't wowed then, I don't know what you expected to happen on launch day.

Again, it wasn't a secret to what will be launched. If you bought the console, knowing full well what was to be launched, how would you have any real reason to be frustrated?

Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    No next gen worthy games? Brb playing 64 players on my ps3 bra with same graphics as per....oh wait. I am assuming this must be your first day 1 console because rarely has there ever been super awesome graphic games on day 1. Wait till infamous and deep down and the order and if those are not what you want you got really high expectations,
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    F34R puts it perfectly.

Nobody bought a PS4 on launch day without knowing what games would be available for it. We all knew. Any one of you could have cancelled your pre-order and frankly I'd even understand why you might want to do that. But you simply cannot expect a slew of this-gen straining games to drop out of thin air on day one. I don't care what anyone says I remember my 360 launch being exactly the same - some okay games, some really terrible ones, and none which are still talked about today - so this is par for the course!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Uh....it isn't like we haven't been shown videos over and over again of what the games look like for months now. If you are disappointed in what you bought, you only have yourself to blame. 33x has been saying for a while that he is holding off until he sees games that are worth the purchase. Nothing wrong with that at all. But I don't see the point in complaining about what has been out there for everyone to see for some time now AFTER you bought the thing.

edit: Or.....what F34R said.
    To be fair, my missus paid for my pre-order as my xmas gift so i shouldnt really complain, but i still expected next gen games from the off!
    Last edited by 33x; 11-21-2013 at 14:06.

Elite Sage
    I don't understand why the OP has been jumped on so much. I don't know about you guys but I was impressed when I first loaded up Motorstorm, Ridge Racer 7 and Resistance - they actually felt like a decent jump from the PS2 - Especially Motorstorm.

So far there aren't any games on the PS4 or Xbone that look ground breaking compared to what some of us have already experienced. Perhaps the OP bought games that he thought would wow him but left him feeling a bit underwhelmed or perhaps he just had his bar of expectation higher than the rest of you. Who knows.

All I know is next year when Infamous:SS and The Order come out I might have a better chance of being impressed by the PS4 but currently it is just more of the same.

19. Likes 33x likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    To be fair, my missus paid for my pre-order as my xmas gift so i shouldnt really complain, but i still expected next gen games from the off!
    So did I. However, I already knew what was going to come out, and what is in the works. I can't even think of any reason to be frustrated with a purchase due to the lack of "ground breaking" next gen games. If I wasn't happy with what I KNEW was coming, I wouldn't get the PS4. Likewise, if someone bought me the PS4, I wouldn't fault Sony or any devs for not releasing games I would want or expect on a machine I didn't even buy.

I would be frustrated with myself if I knew what was coming out, and wasn't excited because I knew there wasn't going to be anything groundbreaking, etc., but still bought the console. Sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    I don't understand why the OP has been jumped on so much. I don't know about you guys but I was impressed when I first loaded up Motorstorm, Ridge Racer 7 and Resistance - they actually felt like a decent jump from the PS2 - Especially Motorstorm.

So far there aren't any games on the PS4 or Xbone that look ground breaking compared to what some of us have already experienced. Perhaps the OP bought games that he thought would wow him but left him feeling a bit underwhelmed or perhaps he just had his bar of expectation higher than the rest of you. Who knows.

All I know is next year when Infamous:SS and The Order come out I might have a better chance of being impressed by the PS4 but currently it is just more of the same.
    No one is jumping on anyone. We are all just discussing the same thing here. The difference going from PS3 to PS4 isn't anything like the difference from PS2 to PS3. You're talking about going from SD to HD compared to HD to HD??

I think at the end of your post, you are right. Higher expectations on a product you had access to all the information available months in advance.

21. Likes Admartian , Malt likes this post
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple

He is acting like he got hoodwinked. He wasn't.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.

23. Likes Admartian , F34R likes this post
    Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack

Exactly, its like we aint allowed to expect MORE from MS and sony when they have given us expensive ass NEXT GEN consoles

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Exactly, its like we aint allowed to expect MORE from MS and sony when they have given us expensive ass NEXT GEN consoles
    No, you are perfectly fine with expecting more... I expect a lot more.

Oh....I am certainly expecting more....just not on day one.

27. Likes TheBreezyBB , F34R likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    I love this OP. this is the $#@! ive been saying for months,

Why give us next gen consoles NOW when nothing on them is really next gen? Yet the majority of us will still rush out and get em!
    your going to give a thumbs up to that? Since when has any console launch not been crossed with previous consoles? The performance which is titled in this topic is already noticeable. Show me BF4 playing nearly as well on the PS3 compared to the PS4. I just have to point out that such a post like that is really odd. You must have felt that way for well over 10 years. o_O

Elite Member
    We all know that lots of games you can get as launch titles on both new consoles are also available on last generation...which begs the question "how much work was put into titles like BF4, ghosts, FIFA, etc "???
    I mean, those games can't be pushing the new generation too hard, so when do we get to see a beautiful ps4 game...? Uncharted 4? LBP? I'm feeling a little disappointed that the games I have except killzone can all be played on ps3....

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    Paid so much for? It was $400. I paid $500 for a 20gb ps3, and the less expensive ps4 blows it out of the water.

KZ looks amazing btw.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Like you've mentioned, you've only really compared cross-gen games, which while they won't make as full use of the next gen console as a brand new development solo focused on next gen, they will still show off the power of the next gen.

I've seen AC IV and BF4 on PS3 & PS4 and it's a notable difference in terms of visuals, and they do have some extra features. Are these the be-all end all games for the next gen? No, they aren't.

That said, it's the beginning of this generation. Just compare launch releases last gen to the end of the generation. It's a vastly different landscape in terms of game focus and visual quality.

We'll start making the bigger jumps early next year as developers work on more titles focused solely on Next Gen.

But when folks start saying they should have waited, and start crying about it, they're missing the point. The last gen's power has been tapped out. And yeah it may not seem as big of a jump on day one in terms of games, as they would like it to be. In reality, the hardware is truly that big of a jump in terms of capabilities, now the software developers need to catch up and make the most use out of it.

The real question becomes, would you rather not have a next gen and the developers to stagnate because they're with the end of a generation, which has had it's potential totally tapped out. Or would you rather them move forward with the next generation.

It takes time to bring out the potential, they worked 8/7yrs bringing out the full potential of the previous gen. They made a lot of headway in the first 2-3yrs. Expect it to be even quicker this generation.

The power and potential is there.

31. Likes DaveNI1979, F34R likes this post

PSN ID
    Captobvious75
    You paid $400, not $1000. Anyone with an idea of how this goes knows that things get better as time goes on. To expect huge differences right out the box is unrealistic

Besides, the controller alone makes it worth the upgrade

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

33. Likes thanatos144 likes this post
    Beginning of last gen.....

End of last gen...

I'd say we have a lot to look forward to.

35. Likes TidalPhoenix likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Oh....I am certainly expecting more....just not on day one.
    Same same. I'll see what they've done on launch and it looks good. Just imagine the next round!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ427 View Post
    Like you've mentioned, you've only really compared cross-gen games, which while they won't make as full use of the next gen console as a brand new development solo focused on next gen, they will still show off the power of the next gen.

I've seen AC IV and BF4 on PS3 & PS4 and it's a notable difference in terms of visuals, and they do have some extra features. Are these the be-all end all games for the next gen? No, they aren't.

That said, it's the beginning of this generation. Just compare launch releases last gen to the end of the generation. It's a vastly different landscape in terms of game focus and visual quality.

We'll start making the bigger jumps early next year as developers work on more titles focused solely on Next Gen.

But when folks start saying they should have waited, and start crying about it, they're missing the point. The last gen's power has been tapped out. And yeah it may not seem as big of a jump on day one in terms of games, as they would like it to be. In reality, the hardware is truly that big of a jump in terms of capabilities, now the software developers need to catch up and make the most use out of it.

The real question becomes, would you rather not have a next gen and the developers to stagnate because they're with the end of a generation, which has had it's potential totally tapped out. Or would you rather them move forward with the next generation.

It takes time to bring out the potential, they worked 8/7yrs bringing out the full potential of the previous gen. They made a lot of headway in the first 2-3yrs. Expect it to be even quicker this generation.

The power and potential is there.
    Agreed 100% +1

37. Likes Christopher likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Loyal-to-LFC & DaveNI1979
    Items PS3 SlimLiverpool
    Stupid thread really. Basically trying to say whats point in buying ps4 now, all games are same as on ps3. Or is your point that because the games are on ps3 as well that makes them worthless and underdeveloped in some way. On the graphics quality, from youtube video quality ive watched (and its not the best) I can plainly see a difference, not as big on some games over others mind but theres an improvement graphically on every game thats on both ps3 and same game is on ps4. So for that reason alone ps4 is worth an upgrade for me. Once the big exclusive games like uncharted and infamous comes along they'll of course take things to a different level, but you knew that before you bought it. Be patient and be thankful you have a ps4 at all, us from uk have to wait another 8 days you ungrateful git and quit your complaining about whys games arnt out that were never supposed to be out for launch. Would understand if you were a pining over watch dogs or drive club maybe ud have a point then.

39. Likes Malt, F34R , Christopher likes this post

Thread Information