Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Some hostile responses here!

Have i or the OP once said the ps4 is $#@!? have i once said ive backed the wrong the horse? have i insulted any of your moms!?

All ive simply said is that i expected more from these from day one, i have high expectations as a person anyway and am not easily satisfied.

Im sure ill be more than happy come the 29th when my ps4 gets delivered, but i know the feeling will wear off till some of them other next gen quality game hit.

Ive seen Fifa in action onthe xb1 and my jaw did drop fyi

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    It's not hostile. o.O

I like variety as much as the next gamer but how is the launch of the PS4 any different from previous console launches? There are some decent free to play games, I'm currently playing the hell out of BF4. As far as killzone, meh. I don't expect any console launch to be awesome. Look at the Xbox One, not very good either. Console launches are always very meh, but I will say so far this is a much better launch compared to the PS3.
    Last edited by Demi_God; 11-21-2013 at 16:00.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post

Have i or the OP once said the ps4 is $#@!? have i once said ive backed the wrong the horse? have i insulted any of your moms!?

All ive simply said is that i expected more from these from day one, i have high expectations as a person anyway and am not easily satisfied.

Im sure ill be more than happy come the 29th when my ps4 gets delivered, but i know the feeling will wear off till some of them other next gen quality game hit.

I just don't understand why your expectations are so high for day one considering what you've known for the past six months...

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple

Overreacting, dude
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Fire the space harpoons!
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Exactly, its like we aint allowed to expect MORE from MS and sony when they have given us expensive ass NEXT GEN consoles
    Nothing wrong with expecting more. More is what you will get. Have no doubt about that. The only point being debated is whether any of these should have been available on day one. I would say that it would have been nice, but going on past history I didn't expect it.

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveNI1979 View Post
    Stupid thread really.
    Agreed. It's also like saying "When are all the good football games going to start? So far, they are just like last year and the year before last. There is nothing new being done and I can watch video of football games from several years ago, same moves, same action, just different characters."

I played BF4 on the PS3 and the PC. I tried the PC with ultra-high settings and it looked pretty good but it was a slideshow. The PS3 version is fun but the graphical limitations were quite obvious.

Now, I have started playing it on the PS4 and I am blown away. Sure, it isn't 1920 by 1080, but it is also playing very smoothly with the equivalent of high settings. The PS4 version is the best compared to the PS3 and the PC.

The more important factor here is the early indicators are showing the PS4 is going to be the lead platform for multi-plat games. That is a characteristic of this now current gen, unlike the old gen.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I just don't understand why your expectations are so high for day one considering what you've known for the past six months...
    Again, cos with the apparent power in it, i felt entitled to see something special.....but im learning to accept it now

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Overreacting, dude
    I dont feel i am Sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    Nothing wrong with expecting more. More is what you will get. Have no doubt about that. The only point being debated is whether any of these should have been available on day one. I would say that it would have been nice, but going on past history I didn't expect it.
    Well, thats me now done whinging guys!

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Racing Game Fanatic!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Could always be worse, we could have paid $499 for an Xbox One
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

Twitch ID: http://www.twitch.tv/duffman041986/profile

My Youtube Gaming Channel - Now with commentary: Duffman Gaming

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    To be fair, my missus paid for my pre-order as my xmas gift so i shouldnt really complain, but i still expected next gen games from the off!
    BF4 and AC are good example of next gen right off, well early next gen right off. once devs master the system we will see great looking games that make you go "oh man wow." I expect infamous to be the first true next gen game. Did you play Killzone?

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    NeoTokyoOutlaw
    Come on, people. It's the same song and dance every console launch. There are always a lot of ports and developers are in crunch mode trying to ship out these launch games on hardware that isn't even finished yet. Developers aren't afforded the necessary time or familiarity with the system in order to push them to max. There's a reason why end of cycle games look better. Take the Xbox 360 launch for instance. I was playing games like Tony Hawk's American Wasteland (which was essentially a high definition port) and Perfect Dark Zero in the fall of 2005, but a year later I was playing Gears of War which looked drastically better than anything I had seen thus far. It's all par for the course. There's no way NBA 2K14's level of graphical fidelity could be accomplished on last-gen systems. Hell, none of the launch game's resolution/graphics could be pulled off on a last-gen system.

It comes with the territory of being an earlier adopter. We wait patiently as games that take full advantage of the hardware are being developed. Like others have said, you could have waited a year or two to see if anything tickled your fancy. Not being easily satisfied and not having realistic expectations are two totally different things. It's not as if all of this information hasn't been readily available for months.
    Last edited by NeoTokyoOutlaw; 11-21-2013 at 16:41.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Thats why I didnt buy a PS4. Majority of the launch games are on either PS3 or PC or both.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Master Poster
    Items User name style
    I simply don't get consoles on launch.

They are rarely impressive.

Again the Dreamcast is probably the only one that had a really impressive launch, games were highly reviewed and they looked like an immense jump over the PS1.

PS2's launch soon after that had most of the games looking worse than the Dreamcast games.

13. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Elite Sage
    Man i feel bad for the OP. Seems you aren't allowed to be disappointed with anything you buy nowadays. Can't believe you aren't happy with something you spent your cold hard cash on. How ungrateful of you!

I hope everyone has noticed he isn't saying the PS4 is a bad console. He's just not impressed with the games thus far. Two different animals.
    Last edited by BBK..; 11-21-2013 at 16:53.

15. Likes AaronSOLDIER , jonathanm1978 , 33x likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    NeoTokyoOutlaw
    Quote Originally Posted by RedOrb_Collector View Post
    I simply don't get consoles on launch.

They are rarely impressive.

Again the Dreamcast is probably the only one that had a really impressive launch, games were highly reviewed and they looked like an immense jump over the PS1.

PS2's launch soon after that had most of the games looking worse than the Dreamcast games.
    True. I remember walking into COMP USA and being blown away by the Soul Calibur kiosk. My parents bought me a Dreamcast at launch for my birthday and I thought the 2K series sports games were jaw-dropping. I was also 11-years-old, didn't own a gaming PC and the Dreamcast was an in-between console cycle launch. If I recall I was also impressed with the PS2 version of Madden because the helmets were shinier than NFL 2K.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanm1978 View Post
    We all know that lots of games you can get as launch titles on both new consoles are also available on last generation...which begs the question "how much work was put into titles like BF4, ghosts, FIFA, etc "???
    I mean, those games can't be pushing the new generation too hard, so when do we get to see a beautiful ps4 game...? Uncharted 4? LBP? I'm feeling a little disappointed that the games I have except killzone can all be played on ps3....

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    You could have always had NO games of any quality the last few months on PS3 while SONY starved gamers for the new system and released on PS4.... but they don't do that.
    KZ looks great, it's the Resistance title for launch, though, i'd rather just get Resistance again too!

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman1986 View Post
    Could always be worse, we could have paid $499 for an Xbox One
    Don't remind me!

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    NeoTokyoOutlaw
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    Man i feel bad for the OP. Seems you aren't allowed to be disappointed with anything you buy nowadays. Can't believe you aren't happy with something you spent your cold hard cash on. How ungrateful of you!

I hope everyone has noticed he isn't saying the PS4 is a bad console. He's just not impressed with the games thus far. Two different animals.
    Sure, but what I'm saying is that based on past history this isn't unusual. Like I said, the launch lineup and information on said games has been out in the wild for quite some time. The Xbox One and Playstation 4 will never be on par with a super high-end gaming rig so I'm not exactly sure what he expected. He mentioned Battlefield 4 in his initial post, but does he realize that the last-gen version struggles to support 24-player matches at a lower resolution, lower frame rate with inferior visuals? The PS4 version runs at 900P, 60 frames per second and supports up to 64-player matches. So no, the two versions are not comparable. That's a significant difference.

He has every right to be disappointed. That's his prerogative. I don't exactly jump for joy when I look at the launch line-up, either. Again, all I'm saying is that the signs were there.
    Last edited by NeoTokyoOutlaw; 11-21-2013 at 17:24.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveNI1979 View Post
    Stupid thread really. .................................................. .................................................. .................
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Be patient and be thankful you have a ps4 at all, us from uk have to wait another 8 days you ungrateful git and quit your complaining about whys games arnt out that were never supposed to be out for launch. Would understand if you were a pining over watch dogs or drive club maybe ud have a point then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Overreacting, dude
    I don't know what a git is, but it doesn't sound too nice, I never said anything about anyone here in a personal manner, and I don't frigging appreciate it being said about me.

First off, for all those people who keep saying "the last couple of months you could've done XX amount of research"...no, I really couldn't....for personal reasons I'd rather not get into.
    By the time I thought about a PS4, it was October 27...and I was still pretty distraught over burying my 28 year-old brother just two weeks prior. Gaming wasn't on my mind. I decided that I would try to play catch-up and I mostly had time to look at a couple of FAQ's about the upcoming PS4's specs. As far as becoming a researcher or news correspondent in order to buy a PS4...sorry, I just don't have time...being a full-time dad, at home 24/7 with a two year-old daughter tends to take away from the ability to do that. Normally, about the time I sit down to read an article about a game I might be interested in, I hear something break...or if I don't pay close enough attention, my daughter brings me a pack of cigarettes that I just opened...with all 19 of them broke in half..
    So..I have to be a parent ...all the time. I expect I should be able to go out and buy something without being reprimanded by those who have time to sit and read news articles and spec sheets for days at a time.

And a big pardon me for posting something that most common gaming enthusiasts are going to think when they see the Xbone and PS4 side by side. The only thing that'll make Sony the winner is the price point...your average american consumer barely researches a $40,000 car...they sure aren't going to research a $400 console.

And people who want to keep throwing the price up....I'm not sure if you realize this, but the value of a $1 now, compared to the value of a $1 in 2006 is a HELLUVA lot different. Some of you may not feel the economic crunch, or may not have many bills, if any at all...but when everything you normally do in 2006 costs about 30% to 60% more in 2013/2014....that takes a toll on the entertainment budget.

I could just as easily turn around and say that everything, including Contrast -- which has bugs galore and many times I got hung in places and couldn't get out -- is just top-of-the-line what I expected to see...and that BF4 is the most bestest ever game, graphically...and COD is the bestest, and KZ makes me cream myself...and that's simply just my opinion. All of you saying "________ is the best"..well, that's YOUR opinion...which you're entitled to. But don't come back in a year and say that BF5 is the best...you already used up your "best" card here.
    The very first thing that I saw that continues to plague COD was a framerate problem...in areas where you have lots of action and high detail...it just jumps/jitters..whatever you wanna call it.
    And just like the BF3 issues, I've been killed once or twice and the camera went under the map and showed a white background...
    I realize it's new, it's gonna have bugs, etc....but then again...look how far we've come since 2006. I mean, we got a guy who made a phone -- and he got a movie about himself along with several documentaries all because he made intelligent business choices, and look what phones can do..nobody realizes that we're seeing cell phones, like the LG G2, with quad-core processors that can almost handle as much graphically intense stuff as the PS3 can...
    Tech as a whole, taken into consideration....is why the bar is up where it is now.

At any rate...carry on with blasting what I said because ...for whatever reason. I've been around and seen what Ps3 did in it's abilities...excuse me for thinking that ps4 should pick-up from there and raise it just a little as it enters the market.
    Last edited by jonathanm1978; 11-21-2013 at 17:29.

'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.' - Abraham Lincoln

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by John Willaford View Post
    You could have always had NO games of any quality the last few months on PS3 while SONY starved gamers for the new system and released on PS4.... but they don't do that.
    KZ looks great, it's the Resistance title for launch, though, i'd rather just get Resistance again too!
    Actually, there hasn't been anything I've wanted on PS3 since I bought COD:BO2. I'm still kicking myself for that one, because some of my hardcore BF friends disowned me...and now I lean more toward playing COD on my PS4 (mostly because I get those pesky errors on BF4 currently -- but hey, I haven't tried it today to see if 34878 still gets me)

They could've stopped all PS3 game launches between March 1 and Nov 15..and I probably wouldn't have known. The only one that I spent money on, and I wish I could bring it over to PS4....is GTA5. I beat that in one week...and went back to my normal routine. Other than that 1 title...which I knew about coming out 1 week ahead of time and downloaded digital only...I have no clue what's hit on PS3 this year. Anything remarkable??

'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.' - Abraham Lincoln

Veteran
    Killzone.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Loyal-to-LFC & DaveNI1979
    Items PS3 SlimLiverpool
    Sorry if you took what I said as personal insult, git isnt a bad term, its an irish word, bit cheeky maybe but thats it. Heres the meaning of the term from google.

Git is technically an insult but has a twinge of jealousy to it,

Quote Originally Posted by jonathanm1978 View Post
    At any rate...carry on with blasting what I said because ...for whatever reason. I've been around and seen what Ps3 did in it's abilities...excuse me for thinking that ps4 should pick-up from there and raise it just a little as it enters the market.

Thats point I was trying to make, I believe ps4 has raised the bar over ps3 in graphics and the user interface, options you can do now, twitch, sharing stuff etc. I dont know what you were expecting but if your not happy then sorry I dont know what to recommend you do.

Sorry for your recent loss btw, that would be tough, ive 3 brothers, 5 sisters. 13 nephews and nieces so can appreciate research is not the biggest thing on your mind.

There is various side by side ghosts and battlefield ps3 vs ps4 on youtube, if you want to check the improvement ps4 has over current ps3 games. I remember the dark days on ps3 when all I had was resistance and motorstorm and while I liked them games, it seems like an age before any decent games came out. For me this launch is playstations best ever on the games front. Not like xbox exclusives doing any better on review front, forza 5 gets 7/10 from eurogamer along with dead rising. So with the multiplatform games like ghosts and battlefield looking better on ps4, that will do me until I get my hands on likes of uncharted etc.
    Last edited by DaveNI1979; 11-21-2013 at 18:18.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    Thanks....handling the loss wouldn't have been so bad....IF the damn coroner + pathologist hadn't F&CKED up so badly. They left my brother's body out for 2 days on a table...and by the time they caught their "error"...they couldn't do an autopsy. And also, the funeral couldn't be open casket because of THEM. There went the closure and such. Saying goodbye to a really expensive fiberglass lid just isn't the same as saying goodbye when you can see them...they may not know, but it's the closure I didn't get...and I'll never see him again. February 26, 2013 was the last time I saw my brother...because of the distance between us..we were planning a trip when this tragedy took place.

Either way..yeah, I know they obviously can't come out the gate with excellent titles...
    but the stuff you mention about sharing...
    What about people who can't do that stuff? I'm forcibly limited on my abilities, because of a SUCKY-ASS connection..
    I'll never be able to stream with this connection...or even share a quick gameplay video without letting it upload all damn night.
    Just the nature of the beast where I live. We don't get fiber and cableco competing for us...we are stuck with AT&T ONLY..and their sorry-ass copper DSL. 6megs per second download, 1/2meg upload. That SUCKS. Hell my cell phone gets better than that.
    And trust me, if LTE was here, I would be tethering like a b*tch...because I have Sprint and can enjoy unlimited data. They've already upgraded a bunch of towers, and there's one in town, about 15 minutes away from me, with LTE upgrades now. When I go and do speed tests on that tower, I'm getting a 35ms ping, 25-30mbps down, and 8-15mbps upload.

When I want to show people videos of my daughter...do I run and grab our JVC HD Cam we just bought last year??? Hell no. I grab my cell phone, record the video, and then I go to town and upload to youtube or Fbook.
    If I do it at home, i have to leave it uploading all damn night...then I have to hope like hell it doesn't error out while I'm asleep.

so...the social integration of the PS4 isn't much for me....I'd love to use it, but I can't.
    Hell, even watching a video yesterday on the PSN, it had to stop and load.
    AT&T is just lucky I get enough to do my gaming online...or they'd be hearing from me TONS.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    If the OP didn't know what he/she was getting before launch I would say the OP didn't do any research. I wanted Infamous but it wasn't a launch tittle so I chose Assassins creed 4 and am very happy. Sure most of these games can be played on my ps3 so what? The dual shock 4 controller alone is worth the upgrade. Not to mention the slick new interface and the load speeds. The PS4 is a VAST improvement over my PS3 and that's what you are looking for in a next gen product. Graphics are not going to make huge leaps and bounds anymore but game scope and size will.

Now the best improvements are things like play while install and load speeds....No more Waiting 3 to 4 minuets looking at ezio till the next sequence loads up. How often did dieing mean you just turned off the PS3 because you didn't want to wait for the ungodly long load screens?

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Sorry for your loss J. All the gaming discussion aside, prayers for you and your family.

Elite Sage
    That's some heavy stuff right there, Jonathanm. My uncle was shot dead by a theif on Tuesday so i know loss is never easy to deal with. Keep strong man.

Thread Information