Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 4
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Sorry for your loss J. All the gaming discussion aside, prayers for you and your family.
    Yeah, same here. Good reminder of just how trivial all these discussions really are.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanm1978 View Post
    We all know that lots of games you can get as launch titles on both new consoles are also available on last generation...which begs the question "how much work was put into titles like BF4, ghosts, FIFA, etc "???
    I mean, those games can't be pushing the new generation too hard, so when do we get to see a beautiful ps4 game...? Uncharted 4? LBP? I'm feeling a little disappointed that the games I have except killzone can all be played on ps3....

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    Pffffffft! Want disappointment? I bought a PS3 for $600 at launch and had to wait 2 years for some quality games. The PS4 is so much better than the PS3 was at launch. Everyone knows you do not get the most out of the new consoles till a few years down the road.

PSU Live Streamer
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanm1978 View Post
    We all know that lots of games you can get as launch titles on both new consoles are also available on last generation...which begs the question "how much work was put into titles like BF4, ghosts, FIFA, etc "???
    I mean, those games can't be pushing the new generation too hard, so when do we get to see a beautiful ps4 game...? Uncharted 4? LBP? I'm feeling a little disappointed that the games I have except killzone can all be played on ps3....

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    None of the PS4 games as they are can be played on the PS3. Not without downgrading them in some way. Which is a practice that could happen to any/all games for the most part....Killzone included. Drop some textures and particles, lower the number of AI on the screen and framerate, BAM instant PS3 port.

With that said, just like last gen and gens before that, you can expect to see improvement after improvement as months/years go by. We're already seeing games like AC4 dropping patches this early updating to native 1080p and adding AA.

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

Ultimate Veteran
    PS4 launch games are still better then last gen games

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Actually I'd say the PS3 had a better launch, at least in terms of diversity.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Actually I'd say the PS3 had a better launch, at least in terms of diversity.
    Sure, either Resistance, or Call of Duty lol. Everything else was garbage.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    This guy has a pretty good perspective on launch lineups. (gamespot video)

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/the-p.../2300-6416107/
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    nordost
    I am completely satisfied with killzone as a nextgen title. And I was really taken by surprise with resogun. I was aware of it but the awesomeness wasn't apparent until I played it and it's freaking free man! I have no complaints with the cash I plunked down and it's only going to get better. Oh man I see voxels every where now

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    Thanks everyone for the thoughts on my personal loss in my family...it does really put it in perspective when such happens, because I came really close to missing out on the PS4 launch altogether...my mind was that far away from the entire gaming world.
    Actually, it was about a week after I got home from the services before I sat at my computer....I guess I was trying to keep my mind occupied...staying busy..doing petty $#@! just to have something to do...because if I didn't, I would sit and think, or see photos on my family's facebook...and would just sit and cry. It's hard to explain why you're doing that to a two year-old who doesn't hardly speak, must less understand ...so I tried to keep that old grey matter occupied until I could see his photo again without having a flood of memories and such.

I guess we all have our perspectives on the Ps4..just like the Xboners will have on the Xbone....woops..I made a funny...
    But, I do expect great things to happen with the PS4..and I think it'll be, by far, the best gen for gaming...ever. I really do believe that we'll see the best, and nothing will ever be able to top it. You can't get but so much better than we are now...aside from TV's that are "ultra HD" 4k...the OLEDS...and massive refresh rates...we arent gonna see substantial leaps like between the ps2 and ps3 I don't think. There's just not many more things they can do to add massive amounts of "wow factor" to gaming. We're already spoiled and have seen some excellent things...so the bar is extremely high and we're just in the first week of the PS4's lifespan.

All in all, I think we're in for one hell of a ride the next 6 years or so...I hope the momentum doesn't stop for atleast 8 though...with a massive exclusive (at the very least) each year from now until I have gray hair (I'm 34...35 on Christmas day)

'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.' - Abraham Lincoln

10. Likes 33x likes this post

Thread Information