Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    Quote Originally Posted by John Willaford View Post
    This is true, they told me as much yesterday when I was looking around hoping to score one so I could check with either that guy Chris on here who needs one or my buddy Scott if he decides he DOES want one, he's been on the fence.
    The next day they will 'sell them' is Black Friday. They are in the backrooms already.
    It's their right to not sell you something of course but you'd think they'd be smart enough to lie about it. Not "we've already got them in the back" but, rather, the less contentious and anti-consumer, "we'll be receiving a sizable restock shipment just in time for when we open on Black Friday."

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Only 5 xbone preorders is crazy. They must have all went to gamestop instead.
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Only 5 xbone preorders is crazy. They must have all went to gamestop instead.
    They wanted $50 minimum compared to Amazon you pay nothing until it ships, and there might have been trust issues on the guaranteed day one since I believe this is the first chain-wide Walmart console preorder program. The clerk quoting five preorders could also be a condition of some people, called, in clinical terms, "talking out the side of their heads." I mean the guy showed F34R the stockroom with consoles in there. I sort of doubt that's strict adherence to Walmart security policies.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    I call believe because as I said in my "Odds" thread that Wal-Mart rep told me they would have some for their early December allotment.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Fon View Post
    Back on track.. I can see an excited, F34R looking at the number of PS4's on the back only for those incredibly evil employees telling him with a sneer "Sorry, you can't have any, Mwahahaha!!".

*Grabs crowbar* Lets bust in at night.
    I have keys.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    solid1snake67
    with all the issues im hearing and reading about im not getting one till summer. .. . or even springtime , when MGS ground zeros comes out. the game lineup doesnt impress me at all. i figured they wouldnt sell all of the shipment lmao

Dedicated Member
    Items Full Metal AlchemistThe X-FilesFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by sanfordmay View Post
    They wanted $50 minimum compared to Amazon you pay nothing until it ships, and there might have been trust issues on the guaranteed day one since I believe this is the first chain-wide Walmart console preorder program. The clerk quoting five preorders could also be a condition of some people, called, in clinical terms, "talking out the side of their heads." I mean the guy showed F34R the stockroom with consoles in there. I sort of doubt that's strict adherence to Walmart security policies.
    I think it depends on the location. I know my local walmart had 70 ps4 preorders and about 20 X1s, so i had to go to the one in the next nearest town to get a preorder for my ps4.
    And yeah, they have all the consoles locked up, only giving them to people who preordered at the moment.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    Quote Originally Posted by Zswordsman View Post
    I think it depends on the location. I know my local walmart had 70 ps4 preorders and about 20 X1s, so i had to go to the one in the next nearest town to get a preorder for my ps4.
    And yeah, they have all the consoles locked up, only giving them to people who preordered at the moment.
    No, I believe F34R, that they have them locked up. I just don't know the preorder information the clerk gave him was accurate. But even 20 XOnes seems a little low for a large Walmart so I'm assuming Walmart didn't but up a lot of really huge preorder numbers for either console in most areas and the 5 Xones reported preordered at F34R's store is indeed accurate.

Chocolatier to the Stars
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Without wanting to stand up for a henious company like Wal-Mart (and what the bejesus were you doing there F34R?!) I will say that if they didn't have any PS4's to shift on Black Friday and other stores did then they would lose footfall. So they are ring fencing some stock for the biggest shopping day of the year, get people into the store and while they are there getting their PS4 they will likely pick up accessories and other bits too.

I think this actually makes commercial sense and I suspect many other store chains will do the same.

​aka Sparc

10. Likes John25 likes this post
    Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    Without wanting to stand up for a henious company like Wal-Mart (and what the bejesus were you doing there F34R?!) I will say that if they didn't have any PS4's to shift on Black Friday and other stores did then they would lose footfall. So they are ring fencing some stock for the biggest shopping day of the year, get people into the store and while they are there getting their PS4 they will likely pick up accessories and other bits too.

I think this actually makes commercial sense and I suspect many other store chains will do the same.
    That's exactly it , They are thinking about the Parents who will buy their Kids a PS4 & will most likely think "Well we might as well pick up some other bits we need for the House or see what else they have on Sale" while they are there. it's actually very good business Practice when you know you have a very Limited & highly desirable product in Stock.

Chocolatier to the Stars
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by John25 View Post
    That's exactly it , They are thinking about the Parents who will buy their Kids a PS4 & will most likely think "Well we might as well pick up some other bits we need for the House or see what else they have on Sale" while they are there. it's actually very good business Practice when you know you have a very Limited & highly desirable product in Stock.
    Right! Not to mention additional DS4's, PS4 games, chargers etc - all the stuff that's not limited in stock.

​aka Sparc

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post

Walmart was the only company that advertised X1's and PS4's in the black friday pamphlet's.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    Walmart. I'm leaving them first chance I get. That $#@! aint cool (among ceraint other $#@!)

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Quote Originally Posted by D3seeker View Post
    Walmart. I'm leaving them first chance I get. That $#@! aint cool (among ceraint other $#@!)
    Why? Because they don't sell something in your time table?

tapatalk post

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by thanatos144 View Post
    Why? Because they don't sell something in your time table?

tapatalk post
    Na. Manager is.... questionable. And seriously don't get paid enough. Besides this is only a temporary gig anyway till I go back to finish me degree. Whats another negative tick against them, even if it's only a non issue

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SkarEffect View Post
    I used to work at walmart and yeah that is a evil company.. they force people to work overtime and not even pay them 90% of the time.
    They cannot force you to do anything. I rarely worked over time and always got paid. It's called the Law.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Quote Originally Posted by D3seeker View Post
    Na. Manager is.... questionable. And seriously don't get paid enough. Besides this is only a temporary gig anyway till I go back to finish me degree. Whats another negative tick against them, even if it's only a non issue
    They could have not hired you in the first place.

tapatalk post

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    everyone does this though unfortunately... when i worked for gamestop and radio shack we had stock we had to hold until black friday... its retarded but... its corporations.. no surprise.
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

Veteran
    PSN ID
    saigon1914
    I am not surprised by that...take advantage of the biggest shopping holiday of the year. Shame on you Wal-Mart.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by SomaXD View Post
    everyone does this though unfortunately... when i worked for gamestop and radio shack we had stock we had to hold until black friday... its retarded but... its corporations.. no surprise.
    Well that's a shame. Leaving us early hopefuls to who missed launch the opportunity to go out and fight off the heard for my early PS4. I may be inclined to wait a little longer.... bleh

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    You guys are acting like it is a sin to make money

tapatalk post
    Last edited by thanatos144; 11-23-2013 at 16:22.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Quote Originally Posted by thanatos144 View Post
    You guts are acting like it is a sin to make money

tapatalk post
    well they make $200 billions and don't feed there workers

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dj- View Post
    This is not slave labor
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Bull$#@!. They pay them a agreed upon wage.... They dont have to work there.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Their "workers" aka employees, no how to bring their own lunches.

Thread Information