Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 59
  1. #26
    Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    PSN ID
    Captobvious75
    Posts
    133
    Rep Power
    10
    Points
    1,350 (0 Banked)
    Sony, make the game and then take my money

    Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

  2. #27
    PSU Editor
    Shockwave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,059
    Rep Power
    70
    Points
    9,999 (0 Banked)
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    Quote Originally Posted by Arimax View Post
    Saying this right now I was reading a few comments on the front page about this, but I'm sorry I'll take another Crash Bandicoot from ND or Sony over even Jak and Daxter or Uncharted even The Last of Us(Yeah I said it).

    This game is my childhood, and really it should have been as big/popular as Sonic, Mario, and Zelda whatever may have you right now.

    Personally this is just correcting an injustice from many years ago everyone at this point knows(if you gamed in the 90's/even early 2000's) That somewhere Crash should have been the Mascot.
    I'm the same as well. But - at least Naughty Dog has two separate parties. Plus they could enlist SSM, too.

    Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

  3. #28
    Supreme Veteran
    Ixion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    19,953
    Rep Power
    161
    Points
    71,728 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Why the hell would Sony put that Easter Egg in the trailer if Crash isn't coming back? I don't get it. It's too blatant.

    Perhaps Sony has an exclusive deal with Activision and Adam is just playing coy?

  4. #29
    PSU Editor
    Shockwave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,059
    Rep Power
    70
    Points
    9,999 (0 Banked)
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    I wouldn't read too much into it to be honest. There could well in NDA's in place.

    Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

  5. #30
    Member
    IshTing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Sheffield
    PSN ID
    IshTing
    Age
    24
    Posts
    133
    Rep Power
    8
    Points
    2,094 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arimax View Post
    Saying this right now I was reading a few comments on the front page about this, but I'm sorry I'll take another Crash Bandicoot from ND or Sony over even Jak and Daxter or Uncharted even The Last of Us(Yeah I said it).

    This game is my childhood, and really it should have been as big/popular as Sonic, Mario, and Zelda whatever may have you right now.

    Personally this is just correcting an injustice from many years ago everyone at this point knows(if you gamed in the 90's/even early 2000's) That somewhere Crash should have been the Mascot.
    You'd take another crash game over a The Last Of Us sequel, or over The Last Of Us itself?

  6. #31
    Supreme Veteran
    Ixion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    19,953
    Rep Power
    161
    Points
    71,728 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by IshTing View Post
    You'd take another crash game over a The Last Of Us sequel, or over The Last Of Us itself?
    They'd both be sequels, and a new Crash would probably feel more fresh than a new Last of Us, especially if they take it to the next level and add free-roaming.

    PlayStation could always use more colorful games.

  7. #32
    Member
    IshTing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Sheffield
    PSN ID
    IshTing
    Age
    24
    Posts
    133
    Rep Power
    8
    Points
    2,094 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    They'd both be sequels, and a new Crash would probably feel more fresh than a new Last of Us, especially if they take it to the next level and add free-roaming.

    PlayStation could always use more colorful games.
    Oh I agree then. I'd much rather have a new Crash game than anything else ND could make at this point. I just hope they go back to how Crash was on PS1 because Crash on PS2 was nothing special.

  8. #33
    Supreme Veteran
    Ixion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    19,953
    Rep Power
    161
    Points
    71,728 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by IshTing View Post
    Oh I agree then. I'd much rather have a new Crash game than anything else ND could make at this point. I just hope they go back to how Crash was on PS1 because Crash on PS2 was nothing special.
    Well, Naughty Dog only made the PS1 games, so that's what would likely happen.

  9. #34
    Member
    IshTing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Sheffield
    PSN ID
    IshTing
    Age
    24
    Posts
    133
    Rep Power
    8
    Points
    2,094 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Well, Naughty Dog only made the PS1 games, so that's what would likely happen.
    Well you learn something new everyday, I never knew ND only made the PS1 games. I just got a whole lot more excited.

  10. #35
    Master Guru
    Fon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    @Home
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,140
    Rep Power
    79
    Points
    113,201 (10,000 Banked)
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Why the hell would Sony put that Easter Egg in the trailer if Crash isn't coming back? I don't get it. It's too blatant.

    Perhaps Sony has an exclusive deal with Activision and Adam is just playing coy?
    Isn't that what this industry is used to?







  11. #36
    Supreme Veteran
    Ixion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    19,953
    Rep Power
    161
    Points
    71,728 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Watch this to get an idea of what a PS4 Crash game could look like...


  12. #37
    Member
    IshTing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Sheffield
    PSN ID
    IshTing
    Age
    24
    Posts
    133
    Rep Power
    8
    Points
    2,094 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Watch this to get an idea of what a PS4 Crash game could look like...

    This music takes me back. I wanna play Crash Bandicoot now.

  13. #38
    Dedicated Member
    Arimax's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,066
    Rep Power
    64
    Points
    3,903 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by IshTing View Post
    You'd take another crash game over a The Last Of Us sequel, or over The Last Of Us itself?
    Yes because that was my childhood, and introduction into Playstation along with Ridge Racer and Tekken. If not for Crash Bandicoot I probably would not be a Sony fan right now.

    Plus tired of the dark gloomy games playing a game like Crash again would be a breath of fresh air.

  14. #39
    Dedicated Member
    John Willaford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Owings Mills, MD
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,081
    Rep Power
    20
    Points
    420,662 (0 Banked)

  15. #40
    PSU Editor
    Shockwave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,059
    Rep Power
    70
    Points
    9,999 (0 Banked)
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    Fair play to that guy for the tech demo, looks gorgeous.

    Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

  16. #41
    Supreme Veteran
    Ixion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    19,953
    Rep Power
    161
    Points
    71,728 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I don't know what to believe...



    He's an editor at videogamer.com

  17. #42
    PSU Editor
    Shockwave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,059
    Rep Power
    70
    Points
    9,999 (0 Banked)
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    I am so convinced this is happening.

    Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

  18. #43
    Supreme Veteran
    Ixion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    19,953
    Rep Power
    161
    Points
    71,728 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockWave View Post
    I am so convinced this is happening.
    If I were Sony, I'd want to hold this announcement for E3. Even the VGX event isn't worthy for such an announcement.

    So it makes sense for Adam to downplay it, since we have a ways to go until E3. Just my thoughts...

  19. #44
    PSU Editor
    Shockwave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,059
    Rep Power
    70
    Points
    9,999 (0 Banked)
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    If I were Sony, I'd want to hold this announcement for E3. Even the VGX event isn't worthy for such an announcement.

    So it makes sense for Adam to downplay it, since we have a ways to go until E3. Just my thoughts...
    But with the momentum that the rumour's gathering it may just force Sony's hand to unveil something at Spike. If it's true then there's almost definitely a non-disclosure agreement within Sony/Activision and whoever the developer may be so there's little point in paying attention to what anyone says. This may be all nothing, of course, but the evidence is well and truly building.

    Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

  20. #45
    Superior Member
    mini E's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    USA
    PSN ID
    Markus
    Age
    22
    Posts
    573
    Rep Power
    65
    Points
    9,121 (0 Banked)
    I'm not sure how to feel.

    I want to get excited. I really do. It could be a godsend for gaming...

    But... it would just be so easy to screw up

    PS4 Launch Edition
    PS3 60GB (Upgraded to 500GB)
    Phenom II X4 955, HD 7770 1GB, 6GB RAM

    If you add my PSN say you're from PSU or I might delete it!

  21. #46
    Supreme Veteran
    Ixion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    19,953
    Rep Power
    161
    Points
    71,728 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockWave View Post
    But with the momentum that the rumour's gathering it may just force Sony's hand to unveil something at Spike. If it's true then there's almost definitely a non-disclosure agreement within Sony/Activision and whoever the developer may be so there's little point in paying attention to what anyone says. This may be all nothing, of course, but the evidence is well and truly building.
    Seeing as Sony themselves started this rumor with that launch trailer, I guess I take that back. If there is indeed a Crash game coming, it was their own plan to start the rumors around now...

  22. #47
    PSU Editor
    Shockwave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,059
    Rep Power
    70
    Points
    9,999 (0 Banked)
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Seeing as Sony themselves started this rumor with that launch trailer, I guess I take that back. If there is indeed a Crash game coming, it was their own plan to start the rumors around now...
    Right around the launch window. It's a ploy, completely. A smart one at that.

    Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

  23. #48
    Apprentice
    PS4THEWIN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    459
    Rep Power
    11
    Points
    1,173 (0 Banked)
    Items Scarlett JohanssonGuerrilla GamesDice
    I'm ready.

  24. #49
    Dedicated Member
    John Willaford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Owings Mills, MD
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,081
    Rep Power
    20
    Points
    420,662 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Watch this to get an idea of what a PS4 Crash game could look like...

    Reminds me much of Jak1, and, Jak 1 always made me think they just said, screw it, were making the game anyway with new characters and introducing new dynamics with new characters.
    Very nice demo.

  25. #50
    Supreme Veteran
    Ixion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    19,953
    Rep Power
    161
    Points
    71,728 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The dream is dead...

    Fans of Crash Bandicoot have oft requested that the odd mascot make a triumphant return. Recently, rumors have surfaced that Activision sold off the IP to Sony. We asked the publisher in order to find out what's going on.

    Recently, Activision scrubbed any mention of Crash Bandicoot from its site (as identified by redditor “cocobandicoot”). This led some to believe that the IP wasn't owned by the publisher any longer.

    “Activision owns Crash Bandicoot and we continue to explore ways in which we could bring the beloved series back to life,” a representative told us. While this might not be as hopeful as if the IP had changed hands, it still does keep a glimmer of hope alive.
    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...bandicoot.aspx

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.