Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 72
  1. #26
    Member
    IshTing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Sheffield
    PSN ID
    IshTing
    Age
    24
    Posts
    133
    Rep Power
    8
    Points
    2,094 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitbydeath View Post
    It's really not, here is a shot of the crowd.
    PS2 quality stuff right thar

    Dem graphics.

  2. #27
    Elite Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,199
    Rep Power
    78
    Points
    64,601 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitbydeath View Post
    It's really not, here is a shot of the crowd.
    PS2 quality stuff right thar


    .come on bro. You can probably do stuff like that with a lot games. Forza is a gorgeous game. Trying to downplay it's graphics isn't gonna change that. Its a racing game. Why would they waste resources on the crowd?....lol

  3. #28
    Dedicated Member
    thanatos144's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Stuart, Florida, United States
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Posts
    1,096
    Rep Power
    13
    Points
    10,178 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    .come on bro. You can probably do stuff like that with a lot games. Forza is a gorgeous game. Trying to downplay it's graphics isn't gonna change that. Its a racing game. Why would they waste resources on the crowd?....lol
    It is a cop out. This is what Microsoft is known for. They show you one thing and give you something far inferior.

  4. #29
    Elite Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,199
    Rep Power
    78
    Points
    64,601 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by thanatos144 View Post
    It is a cop out. This is what Microsoft is known for. They show you one thing and give you something far inferior.
    Like what?

  5. #30
    Ultimate Veteran
    Lefein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    22,997
    Rep Power
    195
    Points
    109,854 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Like what?
    This is one fight for the Xbone you won't win, unfortunately.

    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...a-motorsport-5

    From a graphics perspective, Forza 5 is nothing to write home to mom about. The corners being cut to meet 1080p60 are pretty large.

  6. #31
    Elite Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,199
    Rep Power
    78
    Points
    64,601 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    This is one fight for the Xbone you won't win, unfortunately.

    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...a-motorsport-5

    From a graphics perspective, Forza 5 is nothing to write home to mom about. The corners being cut to meet 1080p60 are pretty large.
    I'm not shocked you feel that way, and it has nothing to do with "cutting corners" ...lol

  7. #32
    Dedicated Member
    thanatos144's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Stuart, Florida, United States
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Posts
    1,096
    Rep Power
    13
    Points
    10,178 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Like what?
    Windows 98 vista millennium xp first edition etc etc etc

    tapatalk post
    141.12

  8. #33
    Master Sage
    Bitbydeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    32
    Posts
    14,424
    Rep Power
    133
    Points
    46,259 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    .come on bro. You can probably do stuff like that with a lot games. Forza is a gorgeous game. Trying to downplay it's graphics isn't gonna change that. Its a racing game. Why would they waste resources on the crowd?....lol
    Why include them at all if it's going to be half-assed? It's not just the crowds though, look at the trees in the back of this shot.



    Need 4 Speed may not be doing 1080P/60FPS but overall it looks better.



    Real trees and that's a Wii U shot

  9. #34
    Elite Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,199
    Rep Power
    78
    Points
    64,601 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitbydeath View Post
    Why include them at all if it's going to be half-assed? It's not just the crowds though, look at the trees in the back of this shot.



    Need 4 Speed may not be doing 1080P/60FPS but overall it looks better.



    Real trees and that's a Wii U shot
    you call those real trees. You must have that special edition version of NFS that looks better than Forza.....lol

    Quote Originally Posted by thanatos144 View Post
    Windows 98 vista millennium xp first edition etc etc etc

    tapatalk post
    oh, i thought you were talking something that actually matters...lol
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 11-23-2013 at 22:16.

  10. #35
    Master Sage
    Bitbydeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    32
    Posts
    14,424
    Rep Power
    133
    Points
    46,259 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    you call those real trees. You must have that special edition version of NFS that looks better than Forza.....lol
    Not my pics, more can be found here

    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...postcount=1762

  11. #36
    Dedicated Member
    thanatos144's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Stuart, Florida, United States
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Posts
    1,096
    Rep Power
    13
    Points
    10,178 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post


    oh, i thought you were talking something that actually matters...lol
    Or the rrod is another thing they did.

    tapatalk post
    141.12

  12. #37
    Elite Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,199
    Rep Power
    78
    Points
    64,601 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitbydeath View Post
    Not my pics, more can be found here

    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...postcount=1762
    im not surprised this is coming from gaf..lol

    Quote Originally Posted by thanatos144 View Post
    Or the rrod is another thing they did.

    tapatalk post
    They did? Now that i think about it, you may be right. Shame on them.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 11-23-2013 at 23:11.

  13. #38
    Dedicated Member
    John Willaford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Owings Mills, MD
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,081
    Rep Power
    20
    Points
    420,662 (0 Banked)
    If it's not a building or the car, all the rest of Forza's textures got REAL BLURRY after the reveal.

    1080p doesn't cut it if it's XB360 level textures. That's where the ESRAM is an issue.
    It's like the PS4 is a 50's hot rod and the xbo is an emissions constrained muscle car wannabe.

  14. Likes mistercrow likes this post
  15. #39
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by John Willaford View Post
    1080p doesn't cut it if it's XB360 level textures..
    Bingo.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 11-24-2013 at 00:42.

  16. #40
    Master Poster
    RedOrb_Collector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,055
    Rep Power
    106
    Points
    15,228 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitbydeath View Post
    Not my pics, more can be found here

    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...postcount=1762
    Damn! Those are Wii U shots? They look emaculate. Better than GT6 on PS3.

    The Wii U is clearly a pretty hefty console, too bad Western devs haven't really flocked to it, I bet they could really make the console sing.

  17. #41
    Member
    IshTing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Sheffield
    PSN ID
    IshTing
    Age
    24
    Posts
    133
    Rep Power
    8
    Points
    2,094 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedOrb_Collector View Post
    Damn! Those are Wii U shots? They look emaculate. Better than GT6 on PS3.

    The Wii U is clearly a pretty hefty console, too bad Western devs haven't really flocked to it, I bet they could really make the console sing.
    Didn't realise it was Wii U, I'm impressed.

  18. #42
    Ultimate Veteran
    Lefein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    22,997
    Rep Power
    195
    Points
    109,854 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    I'm not shocked you feel that way, and it has nothing to do with "cutting corners" ...lol
    Feel? What's there to really feel about it? 16 ROPs and 12 CUs kind of put it in an objective light. As the DF article shows, it is what it is.

  19. #43
    Elite Member
    K2D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,962
    Rep Power
    71
    Points
    13,236 (0 Banked)
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    As far as we know right now, gaikai isn't capable of doing what ms cloud does in terms of scaling and compute. According to sony, Gakai is only going to be used as a streaming service. Sony has recently admitted that they don't really understand how MS is using their cloud. I don't know about the power stuff but MS says offloading CPU processes to the cloud can allow things like advanced AI and improved visual fidelity. Forza 5 supposedly uses the cloud for this.
    As far as we know. Microsoft has shown us nothing. Only vague numbers and promises of 'power'.

    Tapatalk

    Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    ...
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

  20. Likes thanatos144 likes this post
  21. #44
    Superior Member
    TEST SUBJECT 83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Oregon
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83
    Posts
    521
    Rep Power
    11
    Points
    4,876 (0 Banked)

    Quote Originally Posted by IshTing View Post
    Dem graphics.
    Those aren't good graphics IMO, that's a cut and paste of a 2d photo. You can see it's flat when at an angle.

  22. #45
    Member
    IshTing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Sheffield
    PSN ID
    IshTing
    Age
    24
    Posts
    133
    Rep Power
    8
    Points
    2,094 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by TEST SUBJECT 83 View Post



    Those aren't good graphics IMO, that's a cut and paste of a 2d photo. You can see it's flat when at an angle.
    I was being sarcastic.

  23. #46
    Elite Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,199
    Rep Power
    78
    Points
    64,601 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by K2D View Post
    As far as we know. Microsoft has shown us nothing. Only vague numbers and promises of 'power'.

    Tapatalk
    It's still early. The console just released a day ago. If anything those dedicated servers will come in handy. That's a huge plus in my book .
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    Feel? What's there to really feel about it? 16 ROPs and 12 CUs kind of put it in an objective light. As the DF article shows, it is what it is.
    Yes, it is what it is.Forza is 1080p no matter what they had to do to achieve it. It's still a great looking game no matter how much people try to downplay that fact. I could see if it has a game breaking flaw, but it doesn't. The game is solid.

    IRONRANGER6 Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 11-24-2013 at 03:07.

  24. #47
    Master Sage
    Two4DaMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,685
    Rep Power
    114
    Points
    18,223 (75,576 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The point is that it looked better before the xbone got the upgrade. You can't deny that. Truth hurting your soul.


  25. #48
    Elite Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,199
    Rep Power
    78
    Points
    64,601 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    The point is that it looked better before the xbone got the upgrade. You can't deny that. Truth hurting your soul.
    No it didn't.

    The game looks great and runs in 1080p60fps, and made it to the xb1 launch, plus it's getting good review scores. That's the only truth that matters no matter how much people try to deny it.


    IRONRANGER6 Tapatalk

  26. #49
    Veteran
    unicron7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A little place called none of your **** business. United States.
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,761
    Rep Power
    80
    Points
    7,112 (0 Banked)
    Items 360 SlimPS3 SlimNaughty Dog
    As someone mentioned on here earlier....saying that streaming computation can outdo and better perform hardware there and then is pure 100% snake oil and slight of hand. It's a talking point and nothing more.. Have dedicated servers? Awesome, then say that. Just stop with the whole "cloud power" bull$#@!. It's getting old.
    Last edited by unicron7; 11-25-2013 at 15:17.


    I don't really need a water cooler/remote control as of right now.

  27. Likes thanatos144 likes this post
  28. #50
    Forum Elder
    chrisw26308's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,671
    Rep Power
    75
    Points
    14,353 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    No it didn't.

    The game looks great and runs in 1080p60fps, and made it to the xb1 launch, plus it's getting good review scores. That's the only truth that matters no matter how much people try to deny it.


    IRONRANGER6 Tapatalk
    It was downgraded, ive seen the comparisons. Even the forza that was on jimmy fallon show was not the forza consumers bought. Ill post the comparisons if u want to see them.

    Im sure it is still a great looking game though.

    Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.