Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxia View Post
    Not all games have mini maps and collectables. Not really sure what you're driving at with that one.
    Not all games pander to the casual crowd with stuff like that. It's good I've got a choice.
    Your telling me there are games put there with out meaningless tasks as fillers?

tapatalk post

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    So turning all HUD off, except for SSI, was an easy transition.
    I stopped using the map in the game too and started using the companion iPad app instead. I use it for treasure maps, setting markers on the map and all info. It's awesome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

3. Likes TEST SUBJECT 83 likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Items Legend of ZeldaHalf-Life 2Nintendo3DSFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by thanatos144 View Post
    Your telling me there are games put there with out meaningless tasks as fillers?

tapatalk post
    No you have totally misconstrued my post. I said that with the minimap on it turns into an icon collecting game for me. I could ignore all that and just play the storyline.
    Difference being that on games like RPGS, most do not have a map showing you where all the chests and items are.
    What AC does is hand holding to the extreme if you choose to let them.

5. Likes TEST SUBJECT 83 likes this post
    Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by K2D View Post
    Same here mate. Been cursing at the screen all evening :P

Galaxy S2
    I did eventually get back on and smashed the part I was stuck on. xD Need to start upgrading my ship more often.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by MjW View Post
    So turning all HUD off, except for SSI, was an easy transition.
    I stopped using the map in the game too and started using the companion iPad app instead. I use it for treasure maps, setting markers on the map and all info. It's awesome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    I will investigate this app I think. I use the PS app to chat with because then I don't have to exit the game and type with the controller.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    I can't work out the whole treasure map part of this game, it tells me to equip a treasure map tool but I have no idea whether I have this tool or I need to go somewhere to get it
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Duffman1986 View Post
    I can't work out the whole treasure map part of this game, it tells me to equip a treasure map tool but I have no idea whether I have this tool or I need to go somewhere to get it
    Equip it to triangle button, press it and it has coordinates, find those coords on the map then sail there, then look at the picture on the map and try and find it on the island you landed at.

10. Likes TEST SUBJECT 83 likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxia View Post
    No you have totally misconstrued my post. I said that with the minimap on it turns into an icon collecting game for me. I could ignore all that and just play the storyline.
    Difference being that on games like RPGS, most do not have a map showing you where all the chests and items are.
    What AC does is hand holding to the extreme if you choose to let them.
    It isnt a RPG. Also uit would be nice if some RPGs did have a mini map LOL

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman1986 View Post
    It is giant pain in the ass..... You have to find the map of the island you are on.

Forum Sage
    It isnt a RPG. Also uit would be nice if some RPGs did have a mini map LOL
    Genre is irrelevant. Just Cause 2 was an open world game, it told you where events were on the map but it didn't show you were all the drops were.
    Farcry 3 did but this is Ubisoft again. I know what you mean though about having it but then the discovery and exploration element is negated turning it into a very linear and mechanical experience.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    It is giant pain in the ass..... You have to find the map of the island you are on.
    Only if you let it drive you activities is it a PIA. I simply played my game, and when I went to locations, I checked to see if I a treasure map matching the locations. If so, I'd search, if not, I didn't.

By the time I was done visiting every place I had something like 6 or 7 maps for which I hadn't found the treasure. At that time you can fast travel to any of those locations to find it. Maybe one or two of them was even close to difficult to find. Note that you the very first map you find in the game, you're in the location for the treasure, it's a good money boost for early in the game. You should also find the one for Havana very early on as well.

I never let the game dictate what I wanted to do (except for when I couldn't do something because I hadn't gotten far enough into the story to unlock something.)

I would spend some time in ship battles, some time clearing (a bit of my own personal OCD fixation) and finding areas, some time taking out forts, some time harpooning, some time diving, some time in story, some time doing contracts, ....

Basically I'd do stuff until I was a bit tired of it, then I'd switch to doing something else. AC3 had a bit of this, but it seemed forced and you always seemed to take forever to get where you wanted to be to do what you wanted to do. Not the case in AC4.

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by MjW View Post

That sounds like an excellent use for the app, I'l try it later. I wish regular psn games on ps3 used apps too so we could have one for Liberation HD when it comes out, but being that it will be on psn for ps3 I don't think they make apps for that platform, do they? I THINK apps are just for the ps4 but I'm kind of new to using apps for games (kind of new...GUFFAWWW! Understatement...the one for this game is the first I've EVER used) so I am unsure.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandWazoo View Post
    That sounds like an excellent use for the app, I'l try it later. I wish regular psn games on ps3 used apps too so we could have one for Liberation HD when it comes out, but being that it will be on psn for ps3 I don't think they make apps for that platform, do they? I THINK apps are just for the ps4 but I'm kind of new to using apps for games (kind of new...GUFFAWWW! Understatement...the one for this game is the first I've EVER used) so I am unsure.
    Does the Vita also run those companion apps? Or are they only for tablets? Would be odd for the Vita not to be able to do it.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Quote Originally Posted by TEST SUBJECT 83 View Post
    Does the Vita also run those companion apps? Or are they only for tablets? Would be odd for the Vita not to be able to do it.
    There's not a companion app for the vita, but then again, you can remote play the game using the vita and would be effectively the same for ordering your fleet around.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ427 View Post
    There's not a companion app for the vita, but then again, you can remote play the game using the vita and would be effectively the same for ordering your fleet around.
    It's just to bad you can't use the DS4 while remote play is active.
    When you touch any control on the DS4 remote play stops, so that would't work unfortunately.

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by TEST SUBJECT 83 View Post
    I never owned a Vita so I'm not sure. I was just hoping they would add one for the HD version coming to PS3 soon.

Thread Information