• Maybe if some things were changed

1 14.29%
Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread: Ideas for GTA 6

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Markus

Ideas for GTA 6

So this is something I've been thinking of for a while. I thought I'd share some of my ideas with you guys and ask your opinions. It's my most in-depth idea I've posted so I apologize for the long read. I've separated it into segments to make it easier on the eyes but it's all connected. For the TL DR version, just view the first link below and read the overview, environment, calendar, misc, and online. For the really lazy edition, just the overview.

I've uploaded some pictures that help give a visual representation of some of my ideas here (imagine these as screenshots):

Highlighted Images:
    http://s216.photobucket.com/user/min...?sort=3&page=1

All Images:
    http://s216.photobucket.com/user/min...07/library/gta

Box Art Concept:

Notes

Overview (TL DR)

Environment

Locales
    Activities

Story ideas

Calendar:

Misc Ideas:

Online:

State of emergency:

Let me know what you think I'd love to hear your opinions!
    Last edited by mini E; 02-16-2014 at 04:07.

PS4 Launch Edition
    PS3 60GB (Upgraded to 500GB)
    Phenom II X4 955, HD 7770 1GB, 6GB RAM

If you add my PSN say you're from PSU or I might delete it!

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    You should seriously pitch this to Rockstar. Call them up, find out which department you can talk to about this and send them this in a PDF file. Seriously, do not miss a potential opportunity to have a job at Rockstar Games and your next game to be made! Or at the very least, some input.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    battal92
    Agreed with above. Loads of good ideas in there, no doubt. You basically want life to be turned to a game and mix all the games together and put them into gta.

Cant help but ask tho, not being rude either, why would you take your time to think of all this and type this up? It mustve took days!

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Markus
    Thanks guys that's a better response than I expected I have no idea who to contact though (or if they would be interested)

It took me a few weeks actually Just thoughts I was having while playing GTA V. Honestly I was just trying to get the conversation going. Of course I would love for some of my ideas to show up in the new game whether I get credit or not

PS4 Launch Edition

El Presidente
    You've obviously put a lot of time into thinking about this and what you've described sounds like everything I would want in a sandbox game. You could even do it the old fashioned way and send Rockstar a physical letter in the mail. Be very formal and just tell them that these are all friendly suggestions from a devoted fan. The worst that could happen is they say no and toss out your letter.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    battal92
    wow yeah you really put a lot of hard work into this! you really could send this to rockstar!

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/...t-Contact-Info

North America

For Support in the US
    Self-Help Knowledge-Base: http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us
    Phone: 1-866-922-8694, available 11AM-Midnight ET, 7 days/week
    Submit a Request: http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

For Support in Canada
    Self-Help Knowledge-Base: http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us
    Phone: 1-866-508-0432, 11AM-Midnight ET, 7 days/week
    Submit a Request: http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

For Support in Mexico
    URL: http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/es
    Phone: 525547772804
    Phone Hours: 1PM-9PM Local Time, 7AM-3PM EST
    Submit a Request: support.rockstargames.com/hc/es/requests/new

Dude, seriously, call them up, ask them who to talk to about marketing. The best way is to get the e-mail for that department and send them a PDF of all this information because you're not gonna remember all of it on the phone and reading off the screen is gonna sound tedious and boring for both you and the other person on the line. They'll want to hang up. Reading it off a PDF doc will give them a chance to go through it with detail, without hearing a voice telling them what they wanna hear.

Make sure there are no grammar and punctuation errors though, but please, do it dude. You won't regret it if they say yes.

Let's help him out guys.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    45 years of GTA IDEAS ahead
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    All I want is that GTA VI or 6 will come back to the awesome Vice City.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    battal92
    No! why the same cities over and over again? go out of america!

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Old school is what i want to see again
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Markus
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/...t-Contact-Info

Dude, seriously, call them up, ask them who to talk to about marketing. The best way is to get the e-mail for that department and send them a PDF of all this information because you're not gonna remember all of it on the phone and reading off the screen is gonna sound tedious and boring for both you and the other person on the line. They'll want to hang up. Reading it off a PDF doc will give them a chance to go through it with detail, without hearing a voice telling them what they wanna hear.

Make sure there are no grammar and punctuation errors though, but please, do it dude. You won't regret it if they say yes.

Let's help him out guys.

Wow thank you very much! I'll let you know what happens! I kind of feel like I should make the map first though. Am I being dumb? :/

PS4 Launch Edition

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Quote Originally Posted by MW2-LgNd View Post
    No! why the same cities over and over again? go out of america!
    Vice City is the best one and its like a sin not to include it once again as its a legendary city. Somewhere in London could also be cool but in 7.
    Last edited by Cybertox; 12-01-2013 at 19:17.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by mini E View Post
    Wow thank you very much! I'll let you know what happens! I kind of feel like I should make the map first though. Am I being dumb? :/
    What? You're not being dumb....and if it helps with your presentation/pitch. Yeah, make the map.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Markus
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    What? You're not being dumb....and if it helps with your presentation/pitch. Yeah, make the map.
    In my experience visuals really help the presentation. You need some kind of concrete reference, since you and the audience could be imagining something entirely different.

PS4 Launch Edition

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    I am really interested if they keep three instead of going back to one character

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    I will remain interested if they change teh $#@!in location to somewhere other than america...christ on a bike. Anywhere else will do...gta somalia any1?

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Quote Originally Posted by jj03 View Post
    I will remain interested if they change teh $#@!in location to somewhere other than america...christ on a bike. Anywhere else will do...gta somalia any1?
    Wtf is wrong with America?

tapatalk post

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Quote Originally Posted by thanatos144 View Post
    Wtf is wrong with America?

tapatalk post
    Nothing, but america ain't the world is it...

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    battal92
    Quote Originally Posted by jj03 View Post
    probably not as angered as u by this, but damn right man!

i would love it if it was in the favelas, u start at the very bottom and work ur way to the top for example. i mean just get out of america! i dont mean they should make a gta in england either because they are quite similar. just make it somewhere different

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    No, I don't want any third world settings please. I have the favelas in Max Payne 3. I wouldn't mind present day Tokyo (and don't mention Yakuza, it's nothing like GTA) or present day London. Maybe even Australia or Germany.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Obviously i was jokin about gta somalia, but i would like to see a gta japan or gta paris in episodic form..

I think the next gta will still be in america...because of this new gen. They will present it as a visually stunning, next gen, game...smack you in the face with all the new graphical detail, busier streets, etc etc, and i would totally be fine with it because a ps4 gta is a mouth watering prospect...after that tho..gtfo of the good ol U.S.A. and go somewhere else...

O.T. a mo, but why they haven't made a new gta for current mobiles is beyond me. The hardware has been in place for a while...$#@! would sell to gamers too if it relates to characters in games past/present.
    Last edited by jj03; 12-02-2013 at 08:18.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Markus
    I apologize for my long absence. I moved across the country and have been fairly busy. I did come up with a few new ideas during that time (and the task of upgrading the OP made me procrastinate if I'm honest) but now I'm back and I'm ready to continue working. I did a couple of quick mock ups for some logos and a rough box art cover. (attached link and added to OP) I'm going to see if I can get in touch with rockstar somehow and make a pitch. Let's see what happens

http://s216.photobucket.com/user/min...?sort=3&page=1

PS4 Launch Edition

I'd really like to see a hardcore mode where a death restats you at rank one with nothing but a pistol. Also you can only engage players 5-10 ranks above or below you.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    LordVenger
    Items User name style
    I'm no longer sure I'm going to finish GTA5, the more I play the more I start seeing missed opportunities. This is a game that screams for non-linear gameplay, branching storylines, emergent game play, flexibility. I remember when the mexican gang mob boss shows up to force me to do a job to pay the $2.5 million to fix his girlfriend's house being very annoyed I couldn't just shoot him and take my chances with the response of his gang, he showed up with like 2 guys and baseball bats and Michael and Franklin where both armed to teeth. The same when the corrupt FIB agents enter the story. I know the intention was a cinematic controlled experience, but they provided a hell of a sandbox and then didn't give us complete freedom. You can't even fail missions, you just keep playing them till you get it right. Why can't I mug people? Why can't I sell stolen cars to a chop shop? Why can't I bribe cops? On that same subject why is it cops immediately start shooting, I never once felt like I could be arrested, just murdered. Why can't I just shoot Micheal's family and have done with them?

I appreciate the ambition, this is one hell of a sandbox, though having played AC4 on the PS4 it loses some shine. I've been playing for most of a week and I'm only 60% of the way into the single player storyline, so the scope is big. But it is missing things. And the flying model drives me nuts. It's even worse when the same lack of precision physics based controls are applied to the sub mission.

So if I had suggestions and requirements for GTA6.

1) Branching storylines. Let me fail missions and have to scramble to find alternatives, provide the alternatives. Let me go off script, I should be able to kill anyone and have consequences for my choices. If I take out someone I'll need later, then I'll have to deal with that. There should be a back up story for each branch, even if it means more work. Hell, I'd almost be willing to make it one shot at a mission, short of death, no retries for most things.

2) If you are trying to build a crime simulation, then include other options, you don't have to advertize them, but let us find other choices. Let us set up a chop shop, make it somewhere we have to defend from rival criminals or the cops. Let us get into politics, find informants, bribe cops, black mail. Even this game should have had you doing lots of dumb shady missions with Lamar for example, things with high risk and low rewards, done mostly for giggles. Assuming you didn't just blow Lamar away for being a dumb ass.

3) Emergent game play. GTA5 tries to do this with random purse snatchings, but it's really kinda limited and boring, and there's not much incentive to care. Let us have to race to rescue members of our organization, where failure means we're less capable the next time we run a job. Have rival gangs crash missions, or attack your safe house, have the cops just randomly pick you up, or force us to stage an escape. Make the stakes bigger, give us reason to care more than a small amount of cash.

4) I already know GTA5 has three different endings, which marks just about the only genuine none linear story in the game. This should be expanded, lots more possible endings. Based on the branches taken throughout the story.

5) Dump the simulation based vehicle system. The helicopter missions alone make me want to quit this game. I don't want to have to learn to fly a real helicopter, I just want to have fun when I fly. I seem to have gotten a pretty good grasp on the parachute system but I still dread flying. Loads of elements of driving or flying irritate me. Why can I drive through a light post without pause, but get stopped dead by a park bench or a hedge. Stop requiring precision control with less than precise controls.

6) Some of the option carry fetch missions are ridiculously over done. 30 barrels of nuclear waste, spread around the whole of the map? Get stuffed, that took close to two hours, with the annoying sub controls. Finding 30 parts of a damaged sub in scuba gear...

7) The game needs to do a better job telling me what to do next if there are planned missions. I often know that a character has one, but have no idea where it is. It would be nice if I could buy a guide in game that told me where all the jumps where and what they needed to be done successfully. Hell, it would be nice if the game told me what I needed to do to gold missions before they are done.

Thread Information