Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by TrUe GaMeR View Post
    Sold is sold. Until both consoles are readily available everywhere it doesn't matter if it's worldwide or one country. MS is constrained by how much they can produce.

Did everyone also conveniently forget that stores are holding back stock of systems for black Friday, as they do every year for the guarantees. You couldn't forget that since it's on the main PS4 forum:

http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...t-holding-back!!

All of a sudden the price of the thing doesn't get mentioned. It's $500, $100 more than the PS4 because of that Kinect that nobody wants while being the weaker system.

With all this $#@! against it color me surprised it sold as much as the "game machine."

So what are the variables that makes it sell even better than the 360 did at launch and on par with the PS4 while being a higher price compared to both?

I'm guessing it's because it has better rated games even though it's not a "game machine" like the competition.
    Lastly because xbox live is better.
    uhhh what?

xbox one: million sold in 13 countries

ps4: million sold in ONE country

either way good numbers for both consoles, but what you said really doesn't make much sense to me.....

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    ^ hahaha you're trying to make yourself sleep better at night. We all get it. Especially with all the crap that came out your mouth during this whole year.
    What did I say wrong?

Use words instead of gifs, pics, and emoticons please.

If you're capable, only if you're capable, try not to delete the post with the, edit: never mind, that you do.

Have confidence and let the post stay.

So try again.

Edit: For JDizzleNO1

If we can agree that Sony and MS each had a million consoles for launch as in how much they produced at that point the only thing that matters is how they allocated those consoles at launch.

Sony chose to concentrate their million on US and Canada where they're weaker than MS.

MS simply choose to allocate their million upon launch in different countries. I don't know why. Maybe in some of those countries they are weaker than Sony.

At this point the number of countries doesn't matter when we talk about demand... I'm to tired to even explain this and I feel I'm doing a $#@!ty job attempting so yeah...

The argument you guys are looking for is that if MS launched their million in US and Canada like Sony they wouldn't of sold a million in 24 hrs. I think they would've but that's all for naught and I think I'm talking in circles.
    Last edited by TrUe GaMeR; 11-23-2013 at 07:15.

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    try not to delete the post with the, edit: never mind, that you do.
    Nothing to do with confidence. It's just your kind isn't worthy getting an infraction over.

Sold is sold. Until both consoles are readily available everywhere it doesn't matter if it's worldwide or one country. MS is constrained by how much they can produce.
    Of course what's sold is sold. Sony is constrained by how much they can allow to be sold in America too. They didn't give all the units to America right off the production line. They got other countries to launch to next week. They couldn't possibly create enough ps4's in 2 weeks to fill the high demand. But you'll see next week.

Your point = fail
    Did everyone also conveniently forget that stores are holding back stock of systems for black Friday, as they do every year for the guarantees. You couldn't forget that since it's on the main PS4 forum:

Holding back stock of both console...so your point? Oh, don't have one.

You fail yet again

All of a sudden the price of the thing doesn't get mentioned. It's $500, $100 more than the PS4 because of that Kinect that nobody wants while being the weaker system.

With all this $#@! against it color me surprised it sold as much as the "game machine."

So what are the variables that makes it sell even better than the 360 did at launch and on par with the PS4 while being a higher price compared to both?

I'm guessing it's because it has better rated games even though it's not a "game machine" like the competition.
    Worldwide release. $#@!ing duh! that's why it was able to compete with the ps4 that released only in NA(microsofts biggest market). MS obviously filled their preorder demand and still has xbones on the shelf in areas all over the country. Those on the shelves are part of the "sold" figure.

Superior Member
    Nothing to do with confidence. It's just your kind isn't worthy getting an infraction over.
    hm, silly clown.

Holding back stock of both console...so your point? Oh, don't have one.

You fail yet again
    sigh
    Point being that some stores would show inventory even for products that they are holding. Even so you might still be able to walk in a store to get either console. Not likely.

Worldwide release. $#@!ing duh! that's why it was able to compete with the ps4 that released only in NA(microsofts biggest market). MS obviously filled their preorder demand and still has xbones on the shelf in areas all over the country. Those on the shelves are part of the "sold" figure.
    You would think it being the weaker more expensive entertainment console with a useless accessory would deter that demand. Or so I've been led to believe.

You seem to allude that MS is going lose their US market.

amusing. that's what clowns are for I guess.

Master Sage
    hm, silly clown. amusing. that's what clowns are for I guess.
    You're failing to entertain me. Send True Gamer to the lions den.

sigh
    Point being that some stores would show inventory even for products that they are holding. Even so you might still be able to walk in a store to get either console. Not likely.
    This one million figure is MS assuming they've sold all of the units they've shipped. Same with Sony. So your point doesn't really matter here.

You would think it being the weaker more expensive entertainment console with a useless accessory would deter that demand. Or so I've been led to believe.
    What in the flying $#@! are you even talking about? It launched in 13 countries. Of course the demand will hit 1million

Edit:if you were led to believe that then you might need to learn to think for yourself. smh
    You seem to allude that MS is going lose their US market.
    As of right now, they're behind. And if things don't change then they are going to lose their US and UK market.

I feel I'm doing a $#@!ty job attempting so
    You do that all the time. It's about time you took notice.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 11-23-2013 at 07:52.

6. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    Well congrats to MS on achieving the 1 million mark in under 24 hours, although they reached it quicker because the system launched in 13 different countries. Makes me wonder if Sony will hit another 1 million in Europe alone in 24 hours.
    Reached it quicker? Sony sold 1 million in 24hrs as well. Only difference is that Sony reached that number while launching in only one country while MS reached it by launching in 13 countries. But yeah will be interesting when Sony launches PS4 in Europe and the UK.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 11-23-2013 at 08:53.

Superior Member
    You're failing to entertain me. Send True Gamer to the lions den.
    I'm not the clown so why would I entertain you?

basic $#@! silly clown.

What in the flying $#@! are you even talking about? It launched in 13 countries. Of course the demand will hit 1million

Edit:if you were led to believe that then you might need to learn to think for yourself. smh
    placate...we've been through this before.

Retain $#@! will ya.

You do that all the time. It's about time you took notice.
    deja vu?

SO! They have the weaker tools. As theirs evolve so will Sony's.

It's not just "now" that you have been this way imo. And thanks for pointing it out to the psu world. I agree with you on the bolded.

Edit:You'll receive no more replies from me in this topic.

There goes your go to with the bonus edit.

lolz

As I said, you're amusing but you're on a Krusty level. A sad type of amusing. A try hard type of amusing.

Step ya clown game up son.

9. Likes Two4DaMoney , Yungstar 2006 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style

Xbox One Sells 1 Million Consoles Worldwide

It begins...

And so soon too.....

Its like no one anywhere learned anything from last gen.

Last edited by mynd; 11-23-2013 at 10:33.

11. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Keep it civil please guys.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    It begins...

And so soon too.....

Its like no one anywhere learned anything from last gen.

What are we suppose to learn from last gen? Nothing from last gen applies to this new generation...except for Sony's exceptional first party studios.

Hardware - Sony
    Ease of development - Sony
    Sales (still early) - Sony
    First out the gate - Sony
    TV tv tv - Microsoft

What are we suppose to learn again?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    What are we suppose to learn from last gen? Nothing from last gen applies to this new generation...except for Sony's exceptional first party studios.

Hardware - Sony
    Ease of development - Sony
    Sales (still early) - Sony
    First out the gate - Sony
    TV tv tv - Microsoft

What are we suppose to learn again?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    That day one sales don't mean $#@! for starters.
    I'll let you extrapolate that to any particular month.

overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    Let's start counting around March/April

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

16. Likes Ghost likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by -Shafty- View Post
    Let's start counting around March/April
    About then yeah, March 31 fiscals should give us an idea of how they are all kicking of this next gen.

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Sony chose to concentrate their million on US and Canada where they're weaker than MS.

MS simply choose to allocate their million upon launch in different countries. I don't know why. Maybe in some of those countries they are weaker than Sony.
    wait why would a company allocate more supply on places that they are "weaker" at? I thought companies are all about supplying demand where they can. can the faster they can meet the demand the better.

concentrating on meeting demand in just one region/continent is actually more cost effective if you consider logistical costs.

and also what you are suggesting is that both Sony and MS both had only 1 million unit at hand and they had to choose where they launch. I don't think that's a good assumption at all, consider Sony is about to launch a couple of million more in Europe. Is MS planning another launch in another region?

Forum Elder

such a fine post.

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    About then yeah, March 31 fiscals should give us an idea of how they are all kicking of this next gen.
    We're already seeing how things are starting off this gen. Yields are much better than previous gens. But you ignore that and told us in your previous post not to start counting too soon. The march fiscals aren't going to tell us which is the "go to console" if we're using your "too soon to know" logic. Unless one is just being blown out the water.

If we're in the "wait and see/don't judge too soon" state of mind then 2015 is the year to see what the masses are deeming the "go to console". That's just my overall take on it.

And trying to judge this gen based solely off last gen is sooooo wrong. This gen is very different. This gen is a mix of the last 3 for Sony and the last 2 for nintendo and MS. It's just so twisted. Sony has applied everything that made the previous 3 playstations a success and applied it the PS4. They've cut back all the fat(mistakes). Not so with the other 2 companies. Nintendo has totally missed their Wii casual market. WiiU sales are tracking like the gamecube and 3rd party is weak like the Wii's 3rd party support. MS clearly lost their vision. The xbone has the exclusive support like the earlier 360 years and applied Sony's early ps3 mistakes to it($#@!y pr/tools slacking/higher price).

^This is the short version of why I view current gen the way that I do. Do I think nintendo is screwed? Yes. Their market has left to tablets/handhelds. Do I think the xbone is screwed like the og xbox? No. They have better support and marketing than og xbox. Do I think it's going to sell less than the 360? Yes. They've either lost their advantages or had the playing field leveled. Kinect wasn't the reason the 360 held the sales lead over the ps3. I have no reason to think kinect 2 and operating systems will change the xbone's popularity. Do I think the ps4 will be a success like the ps2? No. Their market is being ate into by MS and they don't hold the year start advantage the ps2 held. Do I think it's going to sell better than the ps3? Yes. It's more popular than the ps3 ever was and hold advantages that the ps3 never had.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 11-23-2013 at 14:21.

21. Likes VayMasters86 likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Ariakace55
    I just went to target like bligmerk said, and sure as $#@!, XBOnes available all over the place. PS4's completely sold out. Which surprised me. I figured they both wouldve sold out by now.

Tacos Rule!

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple

Both companies are constrained by how much they can produce. Price is a factor "all of the sudden"? Uh.....no. It has been a constant topic of discussion for a while now. If you think demand for the two systems is equal then you are simply wrong and the primary reason that PS4 is in higher demand.....yep.... price.

Whether you think X1 has the better launch lineup or you think xbox live is better is irrelevant. Just your opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariakace View Post
    I just went to target like bligmerk said, and sure as $#@!, XBOnes available all over the place. PS4's completely sold out. Which surprised me. I figured they both wouldve sold out by now.
    lol.....I just looked myself. I go to one of several targets in my area this morning and pick up an X1. Constrained by "how much they can produce"....my ass. Constrained by demand.

Last edited by Christopher; 11-23-2013 at 14:36.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

24. Likes VayMasters86 likes this post
    Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    This is pure PR spin on the part of both console makers. They make what they plan to presell with some allocation for retailers for day one purchases and then they sell pretty much what that they planned. Recall, too, PS3 was a gaming joke at announcement, a laughingstock for a couple years in the market, and ultimately won on units sold against Xbox 360 because it was a great console all along but it came with high barriers to market penetration. And I remind everyone for the hundredth time, compared to Wii units sold, it's like for most of the whole last generation neither Microsoft nor Sony even made a console.

Me, I'm just glad there are two good consoles out to renew and refresh games development. Make that three good consoles. WiiU isn't selling well and is short on good games, but it's a solid console that's a pleasure to use and the good games that are available for it are really good, and well integrate with the gamepad as controller.

The main thing to take away from this that consoles are not dead ergo console gaming is not dead and there's going to be a substantially broad market for crazy blockbuster big-budget and smaller more innovative titles that refine how games are designed played. Anyone who wants any one or two of the current generation consoles to fail wants gaming to fail. If the console hardware market reaches the point it can only support one platform success story we are going to be playing the same game for the rest of our lives, updated every year with one new feature no one wanted and doesn't work anyway.

Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by sanfordmay View Post
    This is pure PR spin on the part of both console makers. They make what they plan to presell with some allocation for retailers for day one purchases and then they sell pretty much what that they planned. Recall, too, PS3 was a gaming joke at announcement, a laughingstock for a couple years in the market, and ultimately won on units sold against Xbox 360 because it was a great console all along but it came with high barriers to market penetration. And I remind everyone for the hundredth time, compared to Wii units sold, it's like for most of the whole last generation neither Microsoft nor Sony even made a console.

Me, I'm just glad there are two good consoles out to renew and refresh games development. Make that three good consoles. WiiU isn't selling well and is short on good games, but it's a solid console that's a pleasure to use and the good games that are available for it are really good, and well integrate with the gamepad as controller.

The main thing to take away from this that consoles are not dead ergo console gaming is not dead and there's going to be a substantially broad market for crazy blockbuster big-budget and smaller more innovative titles that refine how games are designed played. Anyone who wants any one or two of the current generation consoles to fail wants gaming to fail. If the console hardware market reaches the point it can only support one platform success story we are going to be playing the same game for the rest of our lives, updated every year with one new feature no one wanted and doesn't work anyway.
    No need to remind anyone about Wii numbers....we were there. And don't know what it has to do with anything now, frankly. But what is Sony's PR "spin" on all this again?
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.

Master Sage
    I know what's MS pr spin is...

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Penello
    Sony chose a different path for launch, so an apples-to-apples comparison is impossible. We had X number of units to sell and we chose to launch in all our launch territories. Sony had X number and chose to focus on North America. Neither was better than the other.

In this circumstance, comparing our US number vs. their US number would be like comparing our UK number to their UK number. They don't have any in the UK yet, so it's not a fair comparison.
    he also pretends that Sony launched all their units in the states and will supply the high demand overseas with 2 weeks worth of ps4's fresh off the assembly line.

I can't wait to see what pr spin they use next week for not releasing region specific figures.

28. Likes IshTing likes this post
    Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    people will deny to the end.

Dedicated Member

he also pretends that Sony launched all their units in the states and will supply the high demand overseas with 2 weeks worth of ps4's fresh off the assembly line.

I can't wait to see what pr spin they use next week for not releasing region specific figures.
    Anyone with common sense though will count the first 24 hours of European sales towards the total first 24 hour (Europe + NA) sales. Really get to see just how strong they'll be coming out of the gate.

If only both companies had more time to produce a larger supply, it would be reasonable to give them both that opportunity to do so, so I'll be look at the total 2013 sales and the total sales through March 2014. After that, we'll see if Sony's record of winng marathons holds up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    For goodness sake I hope nobody thinks to start labelling the console an Xbrick,
    oops
    -Regarding the Xbone A.K.A. the Xbrick

"Faith - that's another word for ignorance isn't it?" -House

Ok.....apples to apples. You can pick up an X1 this morning here in Georgia, in Manhatten, in Beverly Hills.....yeah, pretty much everywhere. For every single X1 sitting on the shelf right now that is at least one consumer who is passing it by and waiting for the PS4.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Ok.....apples to apples. You can pick up an X1 this morning here in Georgia, in Manhatten, in Beverly Hills.....yeah, pretty much everywhere. For every single X1 sitting on the shelf right now that is at least one consumer who is passing it by and waiting for the PS4.
    Same here. On the XB1 launch night, Gamestop had 9 extra XB1 consoles. There were only 37 people at the XB1 launch compared to the 130+ at the PS4 launch.

Thread Information