Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Xbox One works with Elgato...

It works just fine with the Elgato Game Capture HD!! Nothing needed extra.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    I almost picked up the Elgato device today.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    What do you plan on capturing first?

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Here is a pic from my first capture:

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    What is a connect time charge?

Chocolatier to the Stars
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    What is a connect time charge?
    I think it's warning you that you internet provider maybe charging your for the time you are connected download 6 gazillion billion bytes of game update.

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

Forum Sage
    What happens when you put in a blu-ray movie? Does it let you record that or does it say you can't?

I am curious, what made you switch to elgato for game capture? Didn't you use haupauge or something like that?

I was looking into Black Magic's Intensity Extreme and ultimately decided to go with elgato as well since I wasn't going to be recording a lot (and it was cheaper than the Extreme); what do you think of the Intensity Extreme if you've heard of it/looked into it? I might get it later on...but not sure..

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    What happens when you put in a blu-ray movie? Does it let you record that or does it say you can't?

I am curious, what made you switch to elgato for game capture? Didn't you use haupauge or something like that?

I was looking into Black Magic's Intensity Extreme and ultimately decided to go with elgato as well since I wasn't going to be recording a lot (and it was cheaper than the Extreme); what do you think of the Intensity Extreme if you've heard of it/looked into it? I might get it later on...but not sure..
    Interesting question...

Here we go:

When I bring up the controls for the movie, it is definitely going, just obviously not going to be capped without working around the HDCP.

I still use the HD PVR still. It's just on another gaming setup with a PC. When I got the iMac the HD PVR wasn't compatible with it. So, the Elgato was what I needed, and it works brilliantly.

9. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Interesting question...

Here we go:

When I bring up the controls for the movie, it is definitely going, just obviously not going to be capped without working around the HDCP.

I still use the HD PVR still. It's just on another gaming setup with a PC. When I got the iMac the HD PVR wasn't compatible with it. So, the Elgato was what I needed, and it works brilliantly.
    Yeah, the elgato works great. Using it on a mac was also one of the reasons I got it (although the Intensity Extreme also works on Mac -- it is a bit expensive.)

Thanks for looking into the blu-ray movie playback. I wonder if they are able to block capture because they have an app for playing blu-ray movies and when the console is running it, the HDCP protection is "activated"? (I am completely guessing here.)

Sony needs to call Microsoft (lol). I wonder what Sony's solution is going to be (if/when they do release it.)

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    Yeah, the elgato works great. Using it on a mac was also one of the reasons I got it (although the Intensity Extreme also works on Mac -- it is a bit expensive.)

Thanks for looking into the blu-ray movie playback. I wonder if they are able to block capture because they have an app for playing blu-ray movies and when the console is running it, the HDCP protection is "activated"? (I am completely guessing here.)

Sony needs to call Microsoft (lol). I wonder what Sony's solution is going to be (if/when they do release it.)
    I think it's that as well. The only other option, that I can think of, is the HDCP is in the content already and with the Xbox One games, it isn't implemented. So, on the 300 movie, it has HDCP on the disc. Dead Rising 3, doesn't.

Elite Guru
    I would had expected it to kick HDCP in ation on the Blu Ray, you can see the TV flip the signals when you suspend and resume a movie. This is also done to switch to the 24hz video on the disc.

Thread Information