Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by funkybudda View Post
    no buyer's remorse, in fact I am 100% confident I made the right decision on next gen.
    Yep same here.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Skullomainia
    Same here and I don't get mine until Friday..

Apprentice

Oh? Nobody cares? well...you cared enough to read and reply. Next time just move along.

Quote Originally Posted by MedicDog View Post
    TLDR, (except the last part), Take it back of you want to take it back, nobody cares.

Apprentice

You assume incorrectly. Didn't ask for your sympathy. In fact, I don't recall asking you for anything. Move on next time. I don't buy things for the sake of buying them. When I buy something I EXPECT it to work as advertised and do what it is marketed and advertised as doing. That's all. I don't think that's too much to ask. Also, I would think a multi-billion dollar corporation would be a little bit more prepared. My system did end up working and logging in to psn and other stuff. I'm actually pretty easy to please. You must be one of those " That's just how things are" types I mentioned earlier.

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Disgustipated View Post
    Also, I would think a multi-billion dollar corporation would be a little bit more prepared.
    They were prepared, they said that it is the better idea to download the update to a USB stick via a PC before you receive the console because of the amount of people on day 1 overloading the servers. They mentioned this well before launch and people that were prepared did so and had no problems. They were prepared but clearly you weren't prepared.

6. Likes Christopher likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Skullomainia
    When you put a topic up on a forum like this you are inviting other people's opinions. If you wasn't asking for anything why did you even post, what did you want or expect?

After reading your latest post I'm inclined to think there is more than a hint of 'toys out the pram' about your OP because your system didn't work as smoothly as you'd like it too.. It's a new system and a new network, its only natural to expect issues..

8. Likes TidalPhoenix likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    I get Buyer's Remorse sometimes, but not on PS4 iam so happy i got it

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    I eventually regret everything i buy even things i need like food or medication.

Forum Elder
    You assume incorrectly. Didn't ask for your sympathy. In fact, I don't recall asking you for anything. Move on next time. I don't buy things for the sake of buying them. When I buy something I EXPECT it to work as advertised and do what it is marketed and advertised as doing. That's all. I don't think that's too much to ask. Also, I would think a multi-billion dollar corporation would be a little bit more prepared. My system did end up working and logging in to psn and other stuff. I'm actually pretty easy to please. You must be one of those " That's just how things are" types I mentioned earlier.
    You will have no problems selling it and getting your money back, not all things work out.

I remember when gta4 was getting perfect scores and I hated it.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Apprentice

Dude, You didn't have to read the post, You damn sure didn't have to reply to it. If you don't like what I post then don't read it and just move on. I'm not an xbox fanboy so check yourself. Im not trying to get a rise out of anybody. I was just curious if anyone felt buyers remorse. Plain and simple or did you not see that while on your internet high horse. I can only assume that you are one of those "That's just how things are" people. You make me sick because you accept these things. It's my money, I wanted it. I got it and I was apparently wrong to assume that it was going to work fine the second I turned it on, like this computer Im typing on.

I don't have a problem with sony. I got a problem with things that don't work the way they are supposed. I mean when you get a dvd/bluray player you can bet your bottom dollar it's going to work. If you don't like me complaining then go somewhere else. Simple. If you are pleased with errors then you have way more issues than someone complaining about them. Have a nice day.

13. Likes MacP likes this post
    Apprentice

That's the weird part. Every other device hooked up fine. My laptop, PS3, everything was fine. I even checked the wifi connection on the ps4 and it tested fine. the oddest thing was when it said it wasn't connected to the internet and I checked everything and it actually was still connected.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    That's the weird part. Every other device hooked up fine. My laptop, PS3, everything was fine. I even checked the wifi connection on the ps4 and it tested fine. the oddest thing was when it said it wasn't connected to the internet and I checked everything and it actually was still connected.
    Try "reply with quote". That way folks will know who you are talking to.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Apprentice

Don't read it. Simple. But let's be honest the title didn't say "I'm not feeling buyer's remorse" What exactly did you think it was going to be about when the title read "buyers remorse?"

Quote Originally Posted by John Willaford View Post
    I'm having Reader's Remorse right here and now, lol.

Apprentice

I'm not having issues with the ps3.It has awesome games,. I don't like some of the decisions made about it but I still play the hell out of it. I wanted a ps4 because I figured it would be better, and I guess when I kept hearing "the NEXT GENERATION" of gaming. I sort of expected it to work without hiccups as that's my vision of the future. super powerful machine that goes 90 to nothing right out of the gate the very first time. and when I didn't get that, the excitement kind of faded a little. I just think that more people in general expect these issues and it just becomes the norm. I don't see why people just accept it. Im not saying it has to be perfect but It's not like I'm asking it to make gold out of straw either, Ya know?

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I don't understand why you, OP, would buy a PS4 if even the PS3 wasn't doing it for you. Call me confused.

Apprentice

yeah dude, I did. try getting over your bias for a second and use your brain. Just because I happen to like playstation doesn't mean I have to like every single little thing about. I have standards, that's why I chose the Playstation. You're thinking like an xbox person now LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Serinous View Post
    also. he bought at launch. and post at a play station fan site / forum lol
    Last edited by Nerevar; 11-23-2013 at 22:02.

Superior Member
    Anybody feeling it?... Or are you happy with your system?

There are several issues at hand so far. For me, waited about a week before even opening my ps4. I turned it on the first time Wednesday night and could not get it to install Version 1.51. The damn thing would download, then it would go into "installing now" then it would get all the way to about 80% then..."lost wifi connection unable to download Error SU-34328-0" I sat through probably 5 of those and sometimes it wouldn't even download. I would get several notifications that I lost wifi connection, only to test my wifi on the system and it come right up with no problem. A few times it got to 99 and even 100% and then...nothing. I tried looking for answers online, I tried seeing if anyone had any similar problems here, and on the psn website. looks like there are a few similarities. Then there is the blinking blue light and things like that. Now...

I was able to FINALLY download and install V 1.51 and it was the weirdest thing. I bought Killzone and tried to see if I could download it that way. Nope. it would download then get to 80% on the install and then "Network connection lost" but...I did notice for some odd reason it made my download time a lot faster. So I said what the hell, and tried one last time before I was going to pack the console up for a refund because after trying several days to get this damn thing to work and it wouldn't. So I go back to the 'downloads' tab and try one last time I do notice a spike in speed this time around when attempting to download...it downloads,,,then the thing that makes me cringe...The install process. It gets up to 70% and I start to sweat...80% then BAM! "wifi connection lost"...BUT..What's this!?!?? It still continued to install!!! 81%..86%...98%..Install complete!!! And then....I cant get on the $#@!ing PSN. All that time, and BS. to get this message...."Please Wait..."

After all that and I cant even sign into my psn account. I can see the server issues but for crying out loud it's not like this console launch was a surprise. They knew it was coming. And what's more disheartening is that SONY not only DID NOT include a trouble shooting guide with their little booklet that they have always done in the ps, ps2 and ps3, but There seems to be guides from other websites and forums that Aren't SONY. I would have at least thought they would put out a problems and solutions on their website. I mean I know the failure rate is supposedly low according to sony. But I guess im just a little pissed that it is such a pain in the ass and it's like people are accustomed to saying.." well that's how things are." and they just accept it. Then if you have a broken ps4, you have to call SONY and then no telling how long it would take for them to let you talk to someone, then their answer will more that likely be, (for my issue) " It's your router/isp/whatever,,blah blah."

I think at the very least consoles should work as they are intended to. If they don't then don't make it such a hassle to return it for a new one, just give an address and a number to call to have a box sent to you without going through the trouble shooting process. It would make things so much quicker and make for an easier way for people to get a new console much faster. If there is doubt, then just send it back, if it's not working as intended no matter how small the issue, send it back. SIMPLE.

So how about it. Be honest. Anybody feeling a little buyer remorse. I don't care if there is hiccups. This wasn't a surprise and some people's ps4's are doing weird stuff. Im starting to think maybe I should take mine back and wait until about spring when all the kinks get ironed out and then maybe have some fun. Or keep it and hope it doesn't start turning off on its own and doing weird $#@!.
    Are you connected via wi-fi or ethernet? If it's via wi-fi the first thing I would have tried was connecting via ethernet just to try troubleshoot and narrow things down.
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

Apprentice

You got to be kidding me?...I thought I was the only one. lol but GTAV is the tits...wait can I say that on here? "Tits"

Quote Originally Posted by chrisw26308 View Post
    You will have no problems selling it and getting your money back, not all things work out.

I remember when gta4 was getting perfect scores and I hated it.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    You got to be kidding me?...I thought I was the only one. lol but GTAV is the tits...wait can I say that on here? "Tits"
    $#@! no you can't say "tits".
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

22. Likes MartyRules likes this post
    Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    People accept it because guess what??? People have been gaming long enough to see a console launch or two, and to see the problems that a console launch can bring with it...so it's not that people accept it...it's that we understand the complexities of a worldwide gaming network that spans the entire globe. And we understand that above all, computer systems and such gadgets that are considered components don't always function as they planned. I just finished a beta for a company's streaming "entertainment device"...they already have a **** v1, **** v2, and *** v3...but this one still ran into 3 months of testing by the Centercode team that I was on...because they don't know what these things will do until they are in real-world scenarios. Anyone who has been around gaming for any length of time should, by now, be overly excited about what's inside the PS4...but not basing anything on the impression you get because of network issues or game devs not having the servers in tip-top shape to handle 1 million+ users all logging on at one time.

And you keep telling people not to read your post...but you came here and posted it...you obviously wanted the response you're getting because you keep responding to the comments trying to defend what you've said...when what you've said is that of someone who has no idea how a console launch should go. This is actually one of the best launches for consoles out of what we've seen in the past....You do realize that game consoles don't launch every year...or even every 5 years...right? We're talking about once every 6-8 years. I expected things to be much worse on the game side than they are....

As you've already been told...if you're not pleased with performance..by all means, craigslist or eBay. Don't tell us on a Playstation-based web forum not to read/respond to your criticism because it's not the portrait of perfection you think it should be, or because Sony doesn't measure up to your standards of gaming excellency.

'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.' - Abraham Lincoln

24. Likes Malt likes this post
    Forum Elder
    [QUOTE=Disgustipated;6252670]You got to be kidding me?...I thought I was the only one. lol but GTAV is the tits...wait can I say that on here?

Hated it. Maybe something here can help u out.

http://community.us.playstation.com/...ort/bd-p/22090

Or 1800 345 SONY for someone live.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Apprentice

Man I tried everything I could think of. But its crazy. I said screw it and since I bought Killzone I figured why not play it anyway. Then when I quit the game everything popped up as it was intended to. But I played KZ for like 2 hours and the system just shut completely off, I thought it may have been a heat warning but it was completely off. I turned it back on and everything was fine. I don't know what happened but I hate technology sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    Are you connected via wi-fi or ethernet? If it's via wi-fi the first thing I would have tried was connecting via ethernet just to try troubleshoot and narrow things down.

Apprentice

The response I was looking for was if anybody else was feeling buyers remorse. Plain and simple. Not everybody on this site is trying to stir $#@!. IF you don't like it, go somewhere else. I could care less about defending myself. It's the freaking internet man, It's not life. Im the only one of my friends that gives a small crap about gaming. Everybody else grew up from it, but I still like it. I based this launch on the previous ones. I was there for all of them, PS,(the baby that started it all) Ps2 (surprise Christmas gift from mom) Ps3 original 60 gig backwards compatible (stolen,(,you will pay one day Aaron.). And all of them went off without a hitch no issues. Even the ps3 which I was skeptical about the whole internet thing and consoles at first. But even still, I didn't have any issues with any of that other stuff before, and that is what I based my experience on. I suppose it could be worse...I could have gotten an xboxone (hurm..) threw up a little bit there.

Quote Originally Posted by jonathanm1978 View Post
    People accept it because guess what??? People have been gaming long enough to see a console launch or two, and to see the problems that a console launch can bring with it...so it's not that people accept it...it's that we understand the complexities of a worldwide gaming network that spans the entire globe. And we understand that above all, computer systems and such gadgets that are considered components don't always function as they planned. I just finished a beta for a company's streaming "entertainment device"...they already have a **** v1, **** v2, and *** v3...but this one still ran into 3 months of testing by the Centercode team that I was on...because they don't know what these things will do until they are in real-world scenarios. Anyone who has been around gaming for any length of time should, by now, be overly excited about what's inside the PS4...but not basing anything on the impression you get because of network issues or game devs not having the servers in tip-top shape to handle 1 million+ users all logging on at one time.

And you keep telling people not to read your post...but you came here and posted it...you obviously wanted the response you're getting because you keep responding to the comments trying to defend what you've said...when what you've said is that of someone who has no idea how a console launch should go. This is actually one of the best launches for consoles out of what we've seen in the past....You do realize that game consoles don't launch every year...or even every 5 years...right? We're talking about once every 6-8 years. I expected things to be much worse on the game side than they are....

As you've already been told...if you're not pleased with performance..by all means, craigslist or eBay. Don't tell us on a Playstation-based web forum not to read/respond to your criticism because it's not the portrait of perfection you think it should be, or because Sony doesn't measure up to your standards of gaming excellency.

Superior Member
    Man I tried everything I could think of. But its crazy. I said screw it and since I bought Killzone I figured why not play it anyway. Then when I quit the game everything popped up as it was intended to. But I played KZ for like 2 hours and the system just shut completely off, I thought it may have been a heat warning but it was completely off. I turned it back on and everything was fine. I don't know what happened but I hate technology sometimes.
    Unfortunately, you may have got a bad console. I would try to exchange it for another. If they don't have any more in stock you can always get your money back. If you do get a new replacement from the store you can always put it on eBay since it will be a brand new console.
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

Apprentice

That's what I thought too. But I called Sony and just asked if it was common. I know better. But the guy told me it was not common but since my ps4 worked fine for several hours after that, to just wait to see if it does it again. He said if it does it again, call them up asap and they will begin the process to send me a new one. It was crazy. I continued playing kz with no problems and I checked dvd/blu ray functionality, and internet, psn everything was working fine. It threw me for a loop.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    Unfortunately, you may have got a bad console. I would try to exchange it for another. If they don't have any more in stock you can always get your money back. If you do get a new replacement from the store you can always put it on eBay since it will be a brand new console.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    SkarEffect
    Nope, no buyers remorse for me because I love the ps4.

Thread Information