Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Disgustipated View Post
    You assume incorrectly. Didn't ask for your sympathy. In fact, I don't recall asking you for anything. Move on next time. I don't buy things for the sake of buying them. When I buy something I EXPECT it to work as advertised and do what it is marketed and advertised as doing. That's all. I don't think that's too much to ask. Also, I would think a multi-billion dollar corporation would be a little bit more prepared. My system did end up working and logging in to psn and other stuff. I'm actually pretty easy to please. You must be one of those " That's just how things are" types I mentioned earlier.
    Yes, well, 2 things that might be outside of SONY's pervue to help:

1) the post from some dipshite in China who says he works at Foxconn and we sabatoged your PS4's, etc... it could be legit, because, frankly, PANASONIC stuff don't fail, and it's a Panasonic HDMI processor, ... usually I won't say nothing fails, but, it's a Panasonic chip, and, that company has a .0001 defect rate goal, so, it's not the chip. Probably the soldier and assembly job at Foxconn, so, i'd look for a 20 something to be executed by the state any day now for it.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/11/18/ps4-...intern-claims/

2) complex new devices mas manufactured even on the modern assembly line have faulty units. You call SONY and say replace it and ask for some PSN credits for your trouble and see if they bite. It sucks but, hey, it happens.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    vinny_pizza79
    The only remorse I have is that I'm loving the system and AC4 so much I'm neglecting COD and NBA 2k14! Loving this purchase!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

3. Likes John Willaford likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    Don't read it. Simple. But let's be honest the title didn't say "I'm not feeling buyer's remorse" What exactly did you think it was going to be about when the title read "buyers remorse?"
    Uhm... let me see here.
    You are replying to every reply for which your response was to say Don't read it, to a comment which you posted on an internet forum which people login to for the express purpose of reading about topics to share ideas and opinions...
    BRILLIANT!
    Relax, take a chill pill, here

Asset Manager
    PSN ID
    avecha
    Items Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    OP. Remorse? No.

Wow....really? PS3 just didn't have the type of games you enjoy or what?
    Nah not really. Just seemed like everything was a shoot em up.
    I love my Resident Evils and Silent Hills, Final Fantasy, Dino Crisis Tomb Raider. But they were few and far between or non-existent. I still enjoyed the gen but not as much as i thought i would.

I recently brought GTAV and it's still sitting in the bag it came in.

I suppose with PS4 i'm looking forward to the FFXIV beta and the 2 horror games out in march.
    It might be a slow burner for me.

I'll post again next week when i actually get the system. It's been really full on at work so i'm really tired and overrun, nothing much excites me lately.

Dedicated Member
    Gaming fans continue to deteriorate. Soon I will no longer read any comments or post on any site about gaming. I miss the old days before the internet. Too many trolls, idiots, fanboys and negativity.

7. Likes mistercrow, dondidit likes this post
    Super Elite
    Anybody feeling it?... Or are you happy with your system?

There are several issues at hand so far. For me, waited about a week before even opening my ps4. I turned it on the first time Wednesday night and could not get it to install Version 1.51. The damn thing would download, then it would go into "installing now" then it would get all the way to about 80% then..."lost wifi connection unable to download Error SU-34328-0" I sat through probably 5 of those and sometimes it wouldn't even download. I would get several notifications that I lost wifi connection, only to test my wifi on the system and it come right up with no problem. A few times it got to 99 and even 100% and then...nothing. I tried looking for answers online, I tried seeing if anyone had any similar problems here, and on the psn website. looks like there are a few similarities. Then there is the blinking blue light and things like that. Now...

I was able to FINALLY download and install V 1.51 and it was the weirdest thing. I bought Killzone and tried to see if I could download it that way. Nope. it would download then get to 80% on the install and then "Network connection lost" but...I did notice for some odd reason it made my download time a lot faster. So I said what the hell, and tried one last time before I was going to pack the console up for a refund because after trying several days to get this damn thing to work and it wouldn't. So I go back to the 'downloads' tab and try one last time I do notice a spike in speed this time around when attempting to download...it downloads,,,then the thing that makes me cringe...The install process. It gets up to 70% and I start to sweat...80% then BAM! "wifi connection lost"...BUT..What's this!?!?? It still continued to install!!! 81%..86%...98%..Install complete!!! And then....I cant get on the $#@!ing PSN. All that time, and BS. to get this message...."Please Wait..."

After all that and I cant even sign into my psn account. I can see the server issues but for crying out loud it's not like this console launch was a surprise. They knew it was coming. And what's more disheartening is that SONY not only DID NOT include a trouble shooting guide with their little booklet that they have always done in the ps, ps2 and ps3, but There seems to be guides from other websites and forums that Aren't SONY. I would have at least thought they would put out a problems and solutions on their website. I mean I know the failure rate is supposedly low according to sony. But I guess im just a little pissed that it is such a pain in the ass and it's like people are accustomed to saying.." well that's how things are." and they just accept it. Then if you have a broken ps4, you have to call SONY and then no telling how long it would take for them to let you talk to someone, then their answer will more that likely be, (for my issue) " It's your router/isp/whatever,,blah blah."

I think at the very least consoles should work as they are intended to. If they don't then don't make it such a hassle to return it for a new one, just give an address and a number to call to have a box sent to you without going through the trouble shooting process. It would make things so much quicker and make for an easier way for people to get a new console much faster. If there is doubt, then just send it back, if it's not working as intended no matter how small the issue, send it back. SIMPLE.

So how about it. Be honest. Anybody feeling a little buyer remorse. I don't care if there is hiccups. This wasn't a surprise and some people's ps4's are doing weird stuff. Im starting to think maybe I should take mine back and wait until about spring when all the kinks get ironed out and then maybe have some fun. Or keep it and hope it doesn't start turning off on its own and doing weird $#@!.

Just trade your system in. you'll never be happy with gaming it seems.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] In the darkest abyss I still see you with my perfect sharigan young jedi!

Apprentice

PSN ID
    CMac-19
    Am I the only one who had no problems? My only remorse is that I'm too broke to buy more games

10. Likes dondidit likes this post
    Super Elite
    Trade it in for an Xbox One surley you can still take it back for a full refund?
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83
    Quote Originally Posted by CMac21 View Post
    Am I the only one who had no problems? My only remorse is that I'm too broke to buy more games
    Same here!

Asset Manager
    PSN ID
    avecha
    Items Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkNemesis View Post
    Gaming fans continue to deteriorate. Soon I will no longer read any comments or post on any site about gaming. I miss the old days before the internet. Too many trolls, idiots, fanboys and negativity.
    I blame the developers for giving up on games/genres i like. I blame shooters.

14. Likes Fenix , Christopher likes this post
    PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by avecha View Post
    So true, I never played any shooters until 2008/2009 (besides Black) but I was pretty much forced too like them since thats all we seem to get

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:
    DyingLightOrder1886Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

16. Likes VayMasters86, avecha likes this post
    overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by MacP View Post
    Trade it in for an Xbox One surley you can still take it back for a full refund?
    that's like trading in a ferrari for a skoda, and having to pay extra!

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

18. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Asset Manager
    PSN ID
    avecha
    Items Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    So true, I never played any shooters until 2008/2009 (besides Black) but I was pretty much forced too like them since thats all we seem to get
    Agreed. And i loved Resident Evil until that decided to jump aboard the shooter bandwagon.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by avecha View Post
    Yeah, we didn't see anything close to the diversity of games that were on PS2 this last gen. I blame Halo.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Yeah, we didn't see anything close to the diversity of games that were on PS2 this last gen. I blame Halo.
    A big blow was when SEGA had to make money and survive, lol.
    No more JSRF, no next gen DecapAttack or Ristar, and some pretty iffy Sonics and Altered Beast and Golden Axe reboots.

They need to update Mean Bean Machine for the Candy Crush Saga peoples.

I was an xbox fanboy, I bought an Xbox 360 in 2006 or whenever launch was then when I heard the Last of Us was only coming to ps3 so I bought one. That was in 2011 I think. Just in those 2 years I had more fun playing the 10 or so ps3 games than I ever did playing my Xbox. That's why I purchased a ps4 on launch day. And I am very happy with it now and can't wait for even better things to come.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Veteran
    I have my PS3 next to my PS4, with the original idea of catching up on a backlog of PS3 games, maybe still using it for Netflix, Amazon and Crackle.

After using the PS4 exclusively for a few days, I tried to go back to the PS3. Maybe the best description is having a wistful feeling. I doubt I will be going back to the PS3, possibly ever. It used to be awesome but it doesn't feel the same. It was like its age suddenly caught up with it, like watching a pet dog suddenly become very old and weak.

So, no remorse getting a PS4. In fact, can't imagine not having a PS4 now, life would suck. The only side effect is seeing the PS3 go to the wayside, that is kind of sad.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

24. Likes mistercrow, PhillyPhreak likes this post

Quote Originally Posted by Bligmerk View Post
    I have my PS3 next to my PS4, with the original idea of catching up on a backlog of PS3 games, maybe still using it for Netflix, Amazon and Crackle.

After using the PS4 exclusively for a few days, I tried to go back to the PS3. Maybe the best description is having a wistful feeling. I doubt I will be going back to the PS3, possibly ever. It used to be awesome but it doesn't feel the same. It was like its age suddenly caught up with it, like watching a pet dog suddenly become very old and weak.

So, no remorse getting a PS4. In fact, can't imagine not having a PS4 now, life would suck. The only side effect is seeing the PS3 go to the wayside, that is kind of sad.
    I set mine up the same way. Now the ps3 is in a cabinet in my entertainment center. Not saying I'll never play it again, just not anytime soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Forum Elder

It was a good dog.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    I get my PS4 in a few days. I can't wait.

28. Likes Malt likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Libra-75
    Quote Originally Posted by emmerich View Post
    I get my PS4 in a few days. I can't wait.
    Lucky bastard!

30. Likes EHY893 likes this post
    Veteran
    TLOU was a great way to jump into next-gen, and the PS3 isn't dead, or needs to be put down, but it suddenly went from middle aged to old age, at 7 years old.

Gotta say, though, both KZ:SF and BF4 went overboard on the water effects. They are incredible and they went to a lot of effort to make things drenching, soggy, wet. In the PS3 beta of BF4, the barrel climb was so bad, it was hard to hit anything. The gun action is superb with the PS4 BF4 and the barrel climb is more like you are in control of it, rather than the game. Looking beyond the laughable numbers of glitches, this game alone will be good for a few hundred hours. About one day in with the PS4, you will know you have entered next gen.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    TLOU was a great way to jump into next-gen, and the PS3 isn't dead, or needs to be put down, but it suddenly went from middle aged to old age, at 7 years old. Gotta say, though, both KZ:SF and BF4 went overboard on the water effects. They are incredible and they went to a lot of effort to make things drenching, soggy, wet. In the PS3 beta of BF4, the barrel climb was so bad, it was hard to hit anything. The gun action is superb with the PS4 BF4 and the barrel climb is more like you are in control of it, rather than the game. Looking beyond the laughable numbers of glitches, this game alone will be good for a few hundred hours. About one day in with the PS4, you will know you have entered next gen.
    Very true. And also AC4 on PS4 had some amazing water effects as well.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    I am enjoying it

Dedicated Member
    I cancelled my pre-order and went with a new gaming build. I expect to pick up a 4K TV in the next month or so. I've been doing 1080p for like 5 years, and I'm ready and willing to pay to move on to 4K and VR.
    i7 4770 | EVGA GTX 780 ti SC ACX | 32GB
    i7 3770 |
    EVGA GTX 780 ti SC ACX | 16GB

Thread Information