Page 1 of 4 1 ... LastLast
    Apprentice

Buyer's Remorse?

Anybody feeling it?... Or are you happy with your system?

There are several issues at hand so far. For me, waited about a week before even opening my ps4. I turned it on the first time Wednesday night and could not get it to install Version 1.51. The damn thing would download, then it would go into "installing now" then it would get all the way to about 80% then..."lost wifi connection unable to download Error SU-34328-0" I sat through probably 5 of those and sometimes it wouldn't even download. I would get several notifications that I lost wifi connection, only to test my wifi on the system and it come right up with no problem. A few times it got to 99 and even 100% and then...nothing. I tried looking for answers online, I tried seeing if anyone had any similar problems here, and on the psn website. looks like there are a few similarities. Then there is the blinking blue light and things like that. Now...

I was able to FINALLY download and install V 1.51 and it was the weirdest thing. I bought Killzone and tried to see if I could download it that way. Nope. it would download then get to 80% on the install and then "Network connection lost" but...I did notice for some odd reason it made my download time a lot faster. So I said what the hell, and tried one last time before I was going to pack the console up for a refund because after trying several days to get this damn thing to work and it wouldn't. So I go back to the 'downloads' tab and try one last time I do notice a spike in speed this time around when attempting to download...it downloads,,,then the thing that makes me cringe...The install process. It gets up to 70% and I start to sweat...80% then BAM! "wifi connection lost"...BUT..What's this!?!?? It still continued to install!!! 81%..86%...98%..Install complete!!! And then....I cant get on the $#@!ing PSN. All that time, and BS. to get this message...."Please Wait..."

After all that and I cant even sign into my psn account. I can see the server issues but for crying out loud it's not like this console launch was a surprise. They knew it was coming. And what's more disheartening is that SONY not only DID NOT include a trouble shooting guide with their little booklet that they have always done in the ps, ps2 and ps3, but There seems to be guides from other websites and forums that Aren't SONY. I would have at least thought they would put out a problems and solutions on their website. I mean I know the failure rate is supposedly low according to sony. But I guess im just a little pissed that it is such a pain in the ass and it's like people are accustomed to saying.." well that's how things are." and they just accept it. Then if you have a broken ps4, you have to call SONY and then no telling how long it would take for them to let you talk to someone, then their answer will more that likely be, (for my issue) " It's your router/isp/whatever,,blah blah."

I think at the very least consoles should work as they are intended to. If they don't then don't make it such a hassle to return it for a new one, just give an address and a number to call to have a box sent to you without going through the trouble shooting process. It would make things so much quicker and make for an easier way for people to get a new console much faster. If there is doubt, then just send it back, if it's not working as intended no matter how small the issue, send it back. SIMPLE.

So how about it. Be honest. Anybody feeling a little buyer remorse. I don't care if there is hiccups. This wasn't a surprise and some people's ps4's are doing weird stuff. Im starting to think maybe I should take mine back and wait until about spring when all the kinks get ironed out and then maybe have some fun. Or keep it and hope it doesn't start turning off on its own and doing weird $#@!.

Forum Sage
    TLDR, (except the last part), Take it back of you want to take it back, nobody cares.

3. Likes pojo1806, thanatos144, MartyRules likes this post
    Asset Manager
    PSN ID
    avecha
    Items Lightning
    I'm kinda having buyers remorse and I don't get it til release next week.
    PS3 generation did squat for me. I owned about 5 games and played maybe 10 or so games since PS3 launch.
    Nothing at PS4 launch intrigues me at all.

5. Likes 33x likes this post
    Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by avecha View Post
    PS3 generation did squat for me. I owned about 5 games and played maybe 10 or so games since PS3 launch.
    how did you get buyers remorse without being a buyer of the said product?

7. Likes thanatos144 likes this post
    overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    Ungrateful bastards!!

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Skullomainia
    Some people are never happy.. What the playstation 4 is and does has been very widely known for months.. If you bought one and are fed up with it already I can only assume you are the type of person who buys things just for the sake it, a symptom of a 'must have now' and throwaway culture.. No sympathy here..

Last edited by Malt; 11-23-2013 at 12:06.

Asset Manager
    PSN ID
    avecha
    Items Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by Serinous View Post
    how did you get buyers remorse without being a buyer of the said product?
    I have paid for it. Not really excited for it. Wondering if i actually need it.

11. Likes 33x , MacP likes this post
    Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    I have paid for it. Not really excited for it. Wondering if i actually need it.
    lol. okay.

13. Likes thanatos144 likes this post
    Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    You know..i posted a thread about the Ps4 not giving me much to say "wow" about...but I know the power harnessed within. To me, this is troll bait. Either you're an Xbox fanboy looking to get a ryse (see what I did there?)...or you're just looking for petty $#@! in order to post something negative.

Did I have errors? hell yah. I couldn't play anything to first day I had my console, which was....wait for it...LAUNCH DAY. COD:Ghosts gave me an error everytime I clicked on it...and when I tried BF4, it did the same thing. the only game I was able to play was the free one from the PSN store. ...it was Saturday around 4am before I was able to successfully launch and play a game online.

Know what I did with the update -- SINCE I KNEW THE PSN WOULD BE BOGGED WITHOUT EVEN TRYING IT???
    I downloaded the damn update onto a USB stick..no room for error...and updated my console with a USB drive.
    Simple. And I didn't have to post a thread saying how ungrateful I was in order to do that.
    Know how many posts I made last Friday, Saturday, and Sunday complaining about my console giving errors? NONE....because it's launch week...it's gonna be hectic. I've never been through a console launch..but I do possess enough common sense to know that when you suddenly add a few million more to a network...it can cause issues.

So, you want someone to call and have a box sent to you? I have already read TWO articles regarding Sony doing this EXACT thing...and doing it with overnight + expedited shipping for people so they aren't without their console, if they DO INDEED happen to buy one that fails.

less than .4% failure rate...

If you got a problem with Sony or the PS4...then by all means, return it. I sure don't want to spend the next 10 years reading posts from someone who doesn't appreciate the power within this console...I know what I bought and I'm pleased with it..errors and all. I expected a certain amount of that, and even still, I don't have to come on an internet forum and show my ass because it displeases me to get those errors. NO it's not operating as fluently as I would like, but I'll get over it and things will improve dramatically as people return to normal lifestyle..

'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.' - Abraham Lincoln

15. Likes thanatos144, Ariakace, K2D , Bruce Vayne, Malt likes this post
    Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    I wonder if the problem described in the OP is really due to $#@!ty wifi. lol

17. Likes ITPython, TEST SUBJECT 83 likes this post
    Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Half of my reason for getting PS4 at console launch stems from my anticipation with everyting a new console *alone* brings. Getting to open the package. The smell of a new console. Getting to hold it with your own hands. Grasping the controller for the first time. Browsing the menus for the first time.

If I wasn't excited for these things, I would have hold of until enough games I'd wanted had arrived. In my case thats when Infamous gets comes around.
    Last edited by K2D; 11-23-2013 at 21:04.

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Elite Member
    NO.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    chriharr
    Quote Originally Posted by Serinous View Post
    I wonder if the problem described in the OP is really due to $#@!ty wifi. lol
    It sounds like complete wifi BS to me, My PS3 used to be a pain in the hole when I used to use WiFi... The moment I switched to Ethernet no issues at all, fast responsive lightning downloads and this is a console with 7 year old tech !!

My PS4 is getting the day one update via USB... It's already downloaded ready to go... Would be absolutely insane to do it the normal way on the night of the AU,NZ,EUR,GB launch this Thursday ! My body is ready!
    " A Toll's a toll and a roll's a roll. If we don't get no toll's, then we don't eat no roll's"

21. Likes TEST SUBJECT 83 likes this post
    Superior Member

Can anyone else besides me imagine the OP going out and buying one of the first two brand new 2014 Hummers in his state and then whining and complaining on the Hummer forums that he is having buyers remorse because it gets crappy gas mileage?

Look, OP... if you don't like it.. take it back/send it back.. or better yet simply sell it on Craigslist as an open-box for what you paid. You'll get responses almost immediately I'm sure from dozens of people that will be much more grateful to have it then yourself.. and you'll get your money back. - Problem solved, and you can make someone else VERY happy!

- Zaxx

23. Likes TEST SUBJECT 83 likes this post
    PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    I have to ask, if you only own "about 5 games" and played "maybe 10" since PS3 launch why did you bother with the PS4? Doesnt seem worth it to me.
    Hell it took me a week or two just to decide to put down $200 on a system that has 14 decent length games for me. lol

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:
    FarCry4DragonAge3DyingLightOrder1886Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

25. Likes victorijapoosp , K2D , VayMasters86 likes this post
    Veteran
    A little place called none of your **** business. United States.
    Items 360 SlimPS3 SlimNaughty Dog
    Not a shred of it for this guy. I'm enjoying my purchase.

I don't really need a water cooler/remote control as of right now.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Enjoying it for sure.

Dedicated Member
    I'm having Reader's Remorse right here and now, lol.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    No buyers remorse here. Buyers remorse usually happens when you purchase something you probably couldn't afford. I have been waiting for years to get the PS4, no way in hell I would have buyers remorse after waiting so long.

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Quote Originally Posted by John Willaford View Post
    I'm having Reader's Remorse right here and now, lol.
    haha nice

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    OP. Remorse? No.

Wow....really? PS3 just didn't have the type of games you enjoy or what?
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I don't understand why you, OP, would buy a PS4 if even the PS3 wasn't doing it for you. Call me confused.

33. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Nope. I'm really enjoying my PS4.

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I don't understand why you, OP, would buy a PS4 if even the PS3 wasn't doing it for you. Call me confused.
    also. he bought at launch. and post at a play station fan site / forum lol

36. Likes John Willaford likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    funkybudda
    no buyer's remorse, in fact I am 100% confident I made the right decision on next gen.
    You need a users permission to quote them in your sig.

38. Likes John Willaford likes this post

Thread Information