Shogun of the Ban Thread
    PSN ID
    ManaBurnX

NBA 2K14 Questions

Ok, first of all let me just say I haven't really played a basketball game (not including NBA Jam) since the NES. I don't know all the rules as well. Anyway, I picked up NBA 2K14 because I love the way it looks and I felt like having a basketball game again. I started My Career and after the rookie all-star game I was drafted to Utah... The part that is killing me is that they barely let you play in the beginning and every time they take me out we lose. We've only won one or two games out of about 8 now. This is normally what happens:

We are down by a little and they put me in. We take the lead. After we're up by 10+ they bench me again. They put me back in but now the other team is ahead by 20+. I can sometimes still give us the lead but they then bench me again without putting me back in for the rest of the game...

Also, I had us up by 18 one game in the 3rd quarter and they took me out. Without getting to go back in, I can only click X to see the conclusion of the game, we lost by ten... It's frustrating that you don't have control over losing or not. I'm not mad about losing but I'm mad that I can't do anything about it.

My question is that later on does it get to the point we're you play most if not all of the game? At this rate I'll never earn enough coins to upgrade anything...
    Last edited by ManaBurnX; 11-24-2013 at 17:35.

PSN ID
    CarmineReaper
    They usually will put you into games more and you'll become a starter.

My question do you do the practice games or skill games whatever they are called? If not, do those because that can add to your skills and they will play you more or should with that. Also it is frustrating when you are on a team like that.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    vinny_pizza79
    I have to try the skill games as well, i haven't played a hoops game in forever. The controls with the right stick shooting kills me, every time i want to hit a move i hold it too long and shoot! Question, if you have the ball, how do you put your back to the defender if you protect the ball and back in for a low post shot? Is there a button that i am not figuring out or is it something that happens automatically?

Shogun of the Ban Thread
    PSN ID
    ManaBurnX
    Quote Originally Posted by RatedRCharisma View Post
    They usually will put you into games more and you'll become a starter.

My question do you do the practice games or skill games whatever they are called? If not, do those because that can add to your skills and they will play you more or should with that. Also it is frustrating when you are on a team like that.
    Where is that? I only see the news, social, store, and upgrade options between games.

Quote Originally Posted by vinny_pizza79 View Post
    Is there a button that i am not figuring out or is it something that happens automatically?
    I'm not on right now but I want to say triangle.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    vinny_pizza79
    Thanks man, I'll give the triangle button a try next time I'm in the low post.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Thread Information