Driveclub Team A Head
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim

EA's Aware That NBA Live 14 is...Not That Great

Understatement of the century:

NBA Live made its return this year after a lengthy period on the bench, but flaccid user and critic reviews indicate that NBA Live 14 wasn't the triumphant return many of us had hoped for. A new open letter from the game's producer Sean O'Brien confirms the studio's acutely aware of its misstep.

"Iím not going to lie; itís been a rough week," wrote O'Brien on the EA Sports official website. "As you can imagine, this isn't exactly the NBA Live comeback story we were hoping for this year."

O'Brien explains that the EA Tiburon team has taken criticisms of the game on board, and plans to make improvements as soon as possible.

"You've told us that the game is too hard to learn, and that the only way to figure it out is through frustrating trial-and-error. As a result, we are working on improving the way the game teaches the controls and on-boards new users. We realize that every single one of you is a new user and know we need to make the game easier to understand and simpler to pick up and play."

The studio also plans to run a series of Twitch Live Streams to help up-skill players, and has additionally posted a series of tutorial blogs on the NBA Live website to help players perfect basic skills. Producers and designers will be online seven days a week, O'Brien promises, to answer questions and to offer other helpful game advice.

As for criticisms leveled at the look of the game, O'Brien admitted the focus on getting "authentic gameplay" up and running this year meant "the game's visuals and animation polish suffered."

"Improvements on these fronts are also in development now for NBA Live 14. You will notice in the coming weeks and months that the gameís visuals and animation will improve significantly."

The feedback hasn't been all negative. Fans have been enthusiastic about the game's Live Season and Big Moments features, and these will continue to be updated "every single day of the season."

"Let me wrap up with this; for those of you who have supported us throughout this development cycle and continue to have our backs now, thank you," O'Brien concludes. "Weíve got a lot of work to do; Iíve got a lot of work to do. It started 12 months ago, and continues until we build this franchise bigger and better than it ever was. This is just the first chapter in the NBA Live comeback story."

Source: IGN
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Goodness. 12 months. They do have a lot of work to do..

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    EA need to start learning one thing, properly getting feedback from the public and actually hiring people that do QA properly! I'm sorry but in the last few years EAs games have been dropping in standards dramatically. I think the only game people have said is above the decent range is FIFA 14 and that got rave reviews. NFS Rivals I'm not even going to mention as reviewers clearly missed some horrendously bad game breaking bugs in their reviews.

Get it together EA.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    I blame it on the ability to patch games. They think they release any piece of junk just because they know that they can patch it later. Lazy ass motha truckas. (Not that I buy sports games anyways)

Also, OP, you're right. Such a $#@!ing understatement, LOL. NBA Live 14 is, from what I've heard and seen, a piece of garbage that needs to be thrown in the dumpster, not rescued by patches.
    Last edited by KungMartin90; 11-25-2013 at 14:26.

5. Likes $Greatness$ likes this post
    Veteran
    A little place called none of your **** business. United States.
    Items 360 SlimPS3 SlimNaughty Dog
    I get the distinct feeling that EA Sports is completely out of touch with it's consumers. The feedback they get is either ignored, or put forth by people who are complete asskissers. They are probably hearing what they want to hear from people. They honestly need to start from scratch and do an overhaul on the franchise...including madden. Wipe the slate clean and then make the best sports games money can buy. EA Sports used to mean something in terms of quality...but not anymore. They have been shown up for the past several years by 2K Sports.

I don't really need a water cooler/remote control as of right now.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Same $#@! with nfs rivals.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    And yet they are selling the game for the same price as the great NBA 2K14...

PSN ID
    XazzorFCB
    Funny they didn't realize it during developing the game.

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    They realized that with Madden too when they saw the gameplay of 2k football. They took care of that problem.

11. Likes Ixion likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    funkybudda
    as gamers we need to be thankful that EA doesn't have exclusive to the NBA license. Look at what Sony does with MLB The Show, imagine another 3rd party developer able to create a NFL game? When there's competition, EA gets exposed for their lack of quality in most of their games.
    You need a users permission to quote them in your sig.

PSN ID
    JohnB405
    Quote Originally Posted by unicron7 View Post
    EA Sports used to mean something in terms of quality...but not anymore.
    I agree with everything you said in your post except this one statement. The truth is that EA Sports still does mean something in terms of quality, it means $#@!ty quality. And EA Sports is synonymous with this.

Thread Information