Latest PSU headlines:

PSN ID
    infinityignited91

the "christmas" thread

tis the season to be jolly....

is it!?

I always have a quiet christmas so same agenda for this year. Stay home and not really do much. Plus i'm working xmas eve and the 26th so yay.
    Ugghh today i just found out that this person i dated at work is bringing their new partner to the work christmas party - that oughta be fun. I mean i dont care but you know when you'll be subjected to pitifull stares and comments (since i'm single) like "aww the new partner, nevermind you're time will come soon" >=/

probably nothing on my christmas list since my laptop just packed in so just hoping it can be repaired.

share with me your christmas woes an wishes

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    All I want for Christmas is some peace and quiet, and more time to play Ni No Kuni.

Currently Playing: Pokemon X

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Skullomainia
    Bloody expensive time of year for me. Got one kids birthday in November, Christmas December, another birthday in January, then another in February..

I still love it though!

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    i'm a atheist and i find this thread offensive

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    I love Christmas. Have a heap of films ready, my Christmas jumper (which will be in a state come the 27th), Christmas mug, hat, loads of tinsel, Christmas candles etc. Dat Christmas smell. Real tree, too. I'll be going booze shopping as soon as the deals are up and then it will be a merry couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by -Dj- View Post
    Ah sure the concept of 'Christmas' predates any concept of Christ etc. So it's grand!

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    You should just put that in your sig.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

7. Likes Admartian wishes they had posted this first.
    Indoril Nerevar
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Christmas, specifically winter in general, is my favorite time of the year. I love the atmosphere -- literally. Things are gray and cold, yet somehow very cheery at the same time. There's a humbling comfort walking around during this time of the year, breathing in the crisp air and looking around at the leafless trees. There's usually some fog creeping on n the woods and atop the hills.

Plus, I enjoy spending time with family. I used to hate it when I was younger, but I've come to appreciate it now. The gifts are great too. I'm hoping for some money, which I plan to save for either a screen drawing tablet, or maybe a new monitor and graphics card.

But for now, my mind is on upcoming Thanksgiving. Mmm, honey turkey....

There's absolutely nothing to be offended over.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Some computer components on my list along with an extra large amount of booze which no matter how much I buy always runs out before Christmas is over.

Christmas these days is less about Religion than its ever been.
    This is a local shop for local people you have no business here!

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Well it is the most wonderful tiiiiiiiiimmmmmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeee, of the year........

Really going to enjoy this one as my son is 15 months old now plus I love spending it with the family!
    PSN ID: gold106gti

Twitch ID: Duffman041986

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    All I want for Christmas is time off work :/

PS4 has little to no competition.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    delete
    Last edited by -Dj-; 11-26-2013 at 17:13.

Forum Sage

Honestly, I'm torn on the holidays. The childhood catholic in me hates this time of year because of what the holidays have turned into with the commercialization and it always being about, "me me mememememe mine, I want, gimme, what ya got?" etc. The grown atheist and one who knows better part of me loves this time of year because I get to see the physical manifestation of hypocrisy and how shallow most humans are and it vindicates one of most long held beliefs that this isn't so much about celebrating tradition but what one person can get out of another.

On a lighter note though. Everyone please be extra mindful of your fellow human beings. It's not about the gifts. It's about expressing your love and respect for one another. If you see someone unhappy or "off", take the time to make them feel better however you can.

14. Likes Christopher wishes they had posted this first.
    PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    Honestly, I'm torn on the holidays. The childhood catholic in me hates this time of year because of what the holidays have turned into with the commercialization and it always being about, "me me mememememe mine, I want, gimme, what ya got?" etc. The grown atheist and one who knows better part of me loves this time of year because I get to see the physical manifestation of hypocrisy and how shallow most humans are and it vindicates one of most long held beliefs that this isn't so much about celebrating tradition but what one person can get out of another.

On a lighter note though. Everyone please be extra mindful of your fellow human beings. It's not about the gifts. It's about expressing your love and respect for one another. If you see someone unhappy or "off", take the time to make them feel better however you can.

It's a time for giving, especially. I'd echo the point that it's of paramount importance to help out anyone who needs a hand or to make someone's festive season a little more cheerful.

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

16. Likes Morganator wishes they had posted this first.

Thread Information