Apprentice
    PSN ID
    vinny_pizza79

Energizer DS4 Charging Dock

I ordered the Energizer ds4 dock from Amazon and it came in the mail today. Not too bad, light plastic but it's not going to be supporting anything more than the two controllers. Seemed to charge my dead controller pretty quickly and the size is small enough to fit on my sound bar amp next to the tv stand. Lights up pretty neat when the controllers are docked. Plugging them in seems easy enough.

I'd say early impression is worth the money. Just thought I'd throw it out there in case anyone else was contemplating it. The wife hates clutter so the wires hanging out front drove her nuts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    jhuff
    Quote Originally Posted by vinny_pizza79 View Post
    I ordered the Energizer ds4 dock from Amazon and it came in the mail today. Not too bad, light plastic but it's not going to be supporting anything more than the two controllers. Seemed to charge my dead controller pretty quickly and the size is small enough to fit on my sound bar amp next to the tv stand. Lights up pretty neat when the controllers are docked. Plugging them in seems easy enough.

I'd say early impression is worth the money. Just thought I'd throw it out there in case anyone else was contemplating it. The wife hates clutter so the wires hanging out front drove her nuts.

Well, I hadn't thought about posting anything about this accessory, so kudos to you! I will second your opinion however. I bought my charger from GameStop when I was picking my PS4 up at the midnight launch event and it was definitely worth it. I'm a LITTLE concerned that the push button locking mechanism to charge the controllers may wear over time and stop working, but we'll see. I'm not sure what purpose that "feature" serves other than perhaps, just to be cool, but it does work well. I always seem to get the controller lined up properly to let it charge, it charges fast and yep, takes up very little space. The only thing I wish this charger had (and I assumed it had this when I bought it) was another USB connector that would let me hook up additional controllers to charge via a USB cable, like maybe my MOVE controllers or something. Oh well, I definitely still recommend it as a charger for up to two DS4 controllers.

All you have to decide is what to do with the time give to you....
    http://www.woodchuckproductions.net

3. Likes Dwenny likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    vinny_pizza79
    Good call on the extra USB ports, that would be a home run.

As for my review, I figured I've gotten enough good information from this site that I might as well share. Especially if there is anyone else out there who just doesn't like the wires hanging all over when the controllers need charging.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by vinny_pizza79 View Post

Do you have a link to the product? thanks

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I have the Power A "version" of this and it's basically the same in terms of make and performance.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    vinny_pizza79
    Quote Originally Posted by MLG221 View Post
    Do you have a link to the product? thanks
    Sorry, should have thought of that.

http://www.amazon.com/PDP-Energizer-.../dp/B00EADTVL2

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I have the Power A "version" of this and it's basically the same in terms of make and performance.
    I don't remember seeing the Power A one when I looked, but i assume it is the same. I liked it because it had a cool space age look.

Thread Information