Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Apprentice

WTF cant sign into PSN

its telling me that my password is no longer valid and make a new password for that e-mail account so i did that and its still not letting me go online and also on the sony website under my account theres a green box with a check mark saying i can now sign into psn. I dont know what to do i make a new email and new account and i have to start over on bf4 im rank 10 i dont wanna restart anybody know what i shud do?

Forum Overseer
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    What error or message is it giving you?

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    PhillyPhreak
    Hmm I had a similar problem last week and was able to correct it by changing my password.

As F34R said, are you getting any error messages?
    Last edited by PhillyPhreak; 11-26-2013 at 03:26.

"PS1994"- #4ThePlayers

Apprentice

PSN ID
    jrp0024
    I got signed out about 30 minutes ago. Tried to sign in also but it never did so i decided to do BF4 campaign. Will try again later.

Veteran
    Apparently Sony issued a password change for every SEN account, but it hasn't rolled through for everyone.

Edit: tried changing the password and I got a PSN is undergoing maintenance message.
    Last edited by daLa; 11-26-2013 at 02:31.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Ariakace55
    Just got the same message on my Vita. changed the password and was able to sign in no problems. have to go to work now. ill check again in the morning.

Tacos Rule!

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    Wonder what's going on to prompt this? Glad to see Sony on their toes though.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from VyseColeBattlefield 3
    You most change your password and put your real date of birth as Sony asked me to change mine as well. I think they said its for safety reasons. Even PSU now have an article about the issue.
    http://www.psu.com/a021775/Sony-requ...gular-activity

CPU: I7 3820-GPU: Asus Gtx 980 4GB-Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79-HDD: Seagate 2TB-CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X-TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000-PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD-PS3 Slim 750GB-PS VITA 32GB.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I haven't gotten anything like that fortunately.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Couldn't sign in to my main account but could on the other? Changed my password but the ps app is running using the old password? Lol

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Apprentice

this is BS i go to settings (PSN) then click sign in it promts me to a screen that says password is no longer valid please change password so ive changed my password brought me to PlayStation entertainment network website and says you are now readyto use psn tryed to activate ps4 system and it says the same message password no longer valid change password they better fix this its BS i just spent money for ps4 and BF4 and now online isnt working and to boot i was halfway thru the campaign and that save dissappered start a new campaign

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    Apparently Sony issued a password change for every SEN account, but it hasn't rolled through for everyone.

Edit: tried changing the password and I got a PSN is undergoing maintenance message.
    oh geez I hope this is not some dickhead hacker $#@!ing with PSN again.

moving on Tapatalk

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    '"We routinely monitor for irregular activity, and if such activity is detected, we may sometimes reset passwords of affected SEN accounts to protect consumers and their account information." According to VG247, a similar requirement took place in EU, and "only a small number of users" experienced any sort of affect from the irregular activity.'

Apparently it's only activity that sets off an alert on certain accounts. Maybe repeated failed login attempts from the web. Or something. That's just a guess. Could be other type activity. But it's a sort of distant early warning system for the PSN that requires a password change before you can login again. It's a common account security measure, lock account until required password change, for some network systems.

I ran through all our family accounts via the web, via both SEN and PSN front ends, and they all login and work just fine on both. The only thing useful I got out of it was noticing that a couple of my boys' friends are home playing Batman Arkham Origins when they should be at school today. I suppose it doesn't matter. It's a pre-holiday half day and there's nothing doing but an academic awards assembly, and these particular young gentlemen won't be getting any academic awards, as they never do. Though now I may have some insight as to why they never do.

Fire the space harpoons!
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    I had something very similar a few days ago. It stopped accepting my password for PSN and auto logging me in from my PS3. In the end I had to do a reset from the PS3 and change my password. No email, no notification, no explanation. Just stopped logging me in.

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by loccish_vi View Post
    this is BS i go to settings (PSN) then click sign in it promts me to a screen that says password is no longer valid please change password so ive changed my password brought me to PlayStation entertainment network website and says you are now readyto use psn tryed to activate ps4 system and it says the same message password no longer valid change password they better fix this its BS i just spent money for ps4 and BF4 and now online isnt working and to boot i was halfway thru the campaign and that save dissappered start a new campaign
    FYI BF4 has a bug that is corrupting peoples campaign save files. Happened to me once already. People on the BF4 forums were complaining about it.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Markus
    this might explain what's going on for you guys

http://www.psu.com/a021775/Sony-requ...gular-activity

PS4 Launch Edition
    PS3 60GB (Upgraded to 500GB)
    Phenom II X4 955, HD 7770 1GB, 6GB RAM

If you add my PSN say you're from PSU or I might delete it!

Shogun of the Ban Thread
    PSN ID
    ManaBurnX
    Ok, this happened to me tonight as well. I was playing a game with my daughter and we were both signed in. After we finished the game I logged my account off and suddenly it said she wasn't connected to the PSN. When she tried connecting to the PSN she had the same message that said she had to change her password. After trying several times it kept saying that the PSN was down but I knew it wasn't because I could sign into my account. I ended up having to reset her info from the website and when asked to put in a new password I just put in the old one and it worked. She is now able to open her PSN account again and everything is working normally.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    Quote Originally Posted by ManaBurnX View Post
    I ended up having to reset her info from the website and when asked to put in a new password I just put in the old one and it worked.
    Hmm. If the old password can be the new password that sounds less like a security measure and more like a bug. Most secure networks won't except old password as new password even if you initiate the change, and certainly not if it's a forced password change for possibility of security breach and unusual activity.

At any rate, note to so-called white-hat hackers: you're not doing the world of gaming or the world in general any good cracking into systems so we all get our accounts locked and have to change passwords all over the place every week or two; you're annoying people and annoying people doesn't really win them to your side.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    FYI BF4 has a bug that is corrupting peoples campaign save files. Happened to me once already. People on the BF4 forums were complaining about it.
    yea there are quite few people talking about that. especially the people who invested $110 for the game and premium

moving on Tapatalk

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    okay we just got hit with the password change thing, got an email from Sony. goddamn little worthless script twits. this is such a pain in the ass. you have to go through the whole forgot my password email routine. goddamn goddamn.

Update: Okay, that's totally weird. I got the reset email and I matched the email accounts to make sure it is my main account and it is and it signs into PSN just fine, no reset, and SEN via the web, just fine, no reset. Unless it pops up pretty soon and requires me to change my password I'm going to call this some sort of bizarre SEN/PSN security system bug.

Update 2: All our SEN/PSN accounts are working fine, even a sub account. I don't know for sure but this is more symptomatic of some sort of glitch in the security notification system. Emails have gone out by mistake. Accounts have been temporarily login disabled by mistake. Someone else reported he could change his daughter's new password to her old password. A real security reset wouldn't allow that. You'd be forced to pick a new password.
    Last edited by sanfordmay; 11-26-2013 at 23:48.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by KnotGamer901 View Post
    oh geez I hope this is not some dickhead hacker $#@!ing with PSN again.

moving on Tapatalk
    I received the official email to change my password but I'm totally infuriated right now, I tried to change my password through my PS4 and as soon as I input my date of birth I get a wrong date error, I try again and I get a PSN is currently undergoing maintenance message so no go through PS4. I tried on my computer and when trying to recover my password since they already deactivated my previous one, I keep getting a can't validate email or wrong date of birth message, it's been two damn freaking days since I have been able to play. I'm trying what they suggest which is contacting them, but their stupid live chat says agents are unavailable, oddly enough it's been like that whole day, you might say easy give them a call but with an average time wait of over 30 minutes no way in hell I'm going to waste my time doing that. I'm so pissed I feel like going back to GS get a refund on PS4 and games, although I'm not sure I would get a full refund unfortunately.

Apprentice

well its been three days since ive been able to play battlefield 4 multiplayer i keep getting error messages when i try to sign into psn._so i said **** it made a new account on my ps4 i gotta go to 7-11 and buy another 10$ ps card and get the 30 day subscription for ps plus and start over i guess.....I was rank 12 on battlefield 4 and had close to 40 hrs clocked and had like 10 guns unlocked not to impressed just spent 500$ to get it the reason i bought it was for gaming online hopefully ill be able to sign into psn now

Forum Overseer
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    well its been three days since ive been able to play battlefield 4 multiplayer i keep getting error messages when i try to sign into psn._so i said **** it made a new account on my ps4 i gotta go to 7-11 and buy another 10$ ps card and get the 30 day subscription for ps plus and start over i guess.....I was rank 12 on battlefield 4 and had close to 40 hrs clocked and had like 10 guns unlocked not to impressed just spent 500$ to get it the reason i bought it was for gaming online hopefully ill be able to sign into psn now
    I would talk with Sony before I spent more money on a new account.

Veteran
    After several attempts and page refreshing I was able to get into live chat and lady rep there solved my issues right away, you should give it a try.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    I received the official email to change my password but I'm totally infuriated right now, I tried to change my password through my PS4 and as soon as I input my date of birth I get a wrong date error, I try again and I get a PSN is currently undergoing maintenance message so no go through PS4. I tried on my computer and when trying to recover my password since they already deactivated my previous one, I keep getting a can't validate email or wrong date of birth message, it's been two damn freaking days since I have been able to play. I'm trying what they suggest which is contacting them, but their stupid live chat says agents are unavailable, oddly enough it's been like that whole day, you might say easy give them a call but with an average time wait of over 30 minutes no way in hell I'm going to waste my time doing that. I'm so pissed I feel like going back to GS get a refund on PS4 and games, although I'm not sure I would get a full refund unfortunately.
    Once you open the box GS will not refund you for your console.

Thread Information