Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 43
  1. #1
    Superior Member
    JDizzleNO1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    where the sun don't shine
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Posts
    875
    Rep Power
    30
    Points
    2,327 (0 Banked)
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat

    anybody playing warframe?

    I actually like this game! It's a little hard to get into at first as a lot of the stuff isn't explained (like mods and whatnot), but now that I've gotten a feel for it I like it! What do you guys think?



  2. #2
    Superior Member
    TEST SUBJECT 83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Oregon
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83
    Posts
    521
    Rep Power
    10
    Points
    4,876 (0 Banked)
    I was pleasantly surprised at how much fun I had right away.
    I was not expecting a squad based coop games, but Im glad it is.
    The melee is awesome! and the character move set is great.
    I love how you can dive and shoot from any direction and flip around like a bad ass space ninja!

  3. #3
    Community Manager
    Fijiandoce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pacific Isles of Doceness
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Posts
    4,420
    Rep Power
    89
    Points
    264,422 (888 Banked)
    don't get too comfortable with the way the damage system works in warframe PS4. The system has been redone from the ground up, so big changes coming to the way you deal damage. IMO, the changes are a lot better.....but make the game even more complex.

    Also, watch your back after you've killed your first boss! #PCplayersSTFU!
    Sig courtesy of the_jim


  4. #4
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    165
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Yeah I play it from time to time. Fun and addictive.

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Kauldron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,104
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    6,210 (0 Banked)
    This has been the number one game played on my PS4 so far. It is just great.

    I don't know how it got such average reviews.
    _______________________________________________

    _______________________________________________

  6. #6
    Veteran
    SomaXD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    So-Cal
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Age
    32
    Posts
    4,795
    Rep Power
    76
    Points
    6,859 (1,083 Banked)
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    Love it.. im still waiting for my ACIV CE (STATUE!!) and this has been the game keeping me occupied... i effing LOVE IT!
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

  7. #7
    Trying not to break stuff...
    DarkVincent07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Age
    22
    Posts
    17,309
    Rep Power
    107
    Points
    47,783 (0 Banked)
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I'm keen to play it once I get my PS4 on Friday I had it on PC but didn't really get into it, would feel better on PS4 I rekon

  8. #8
    Community Manager
    Fijiandoce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pacific Isles of Doceness
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Posts
    4,420
    Rep Power
    89
    Points
    264,422 (888 Banked)

    Fun fact about warframe, Lotus is actually the CM over at DE forums.

    The game is very community driven....which is kinda why there's a big backlash over their recent shenanigans regarding Warframe pay packs.

    For anyone interested, DE run a livestream every Thursday where they give a rundown of where the dev team are with regard to builds etc. For PS4 players, the following livestream should give you a glimpse of what is coming in the next update
    Sig courtesy of the_jim


  9. Likes DarkVincent07 likes this post
  10. #9
    Superior Member
    JDizzleNO1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    where the sun don't shine
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Posts
    875
    Rep Power
    30
    Points
    2,327 (0 Banked)
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    don't get too comfortable with the way the damage system works in warframe PS4. The system has been redone from the ground up, so big changes coming to the way you deal damage. IMO, the changes are a lot better.....but make the game even more complex.

    Also, watch your back after you've killed your first boss! #PCplayersSTFU!
    what do you mean by this???

    and awesome guys glad im not the only one enjoying this!



  11. #10
    Apprentice

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    225
    Rep Power
    8
    Points
    2,968 (0 Banked)
    I just started playing and not hating it, I wish there was a little more explanation on things. Can you o back and play levels? I see people with sweet moves and warframes and I haven't even ranked up yet.

  12. #11
    Superior Member
    mini E's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    USA
    PSN ID
    Markus
    Age
    21
    Posts
    573
    Rep Power
    63
    Points
    9,121 (0 Banked)
    Yeah I was surprised I thought it was completely different from what it actually is. It can satisfy the desire to play destiny for the time being :P The microtransactions don't really bother me as it seems the time to earn the in-game equivalent isn't that long. I love the fact that it's constantly updated and that there's cross-play. I've run into a few bugs but it may just be my internet connection

    PS4 Launch Edition
    PS3 60GB (Upgraded to 500GB)
    Phenom II X4 955, HD 7770 1GB, 6GB RAM

    If you add my PSN say you're from PSU or I might delete it!

  13. #12
    PSU Live Streamer
    shepard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,291
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    22,748 (0 Banked)
    I enjoy warframe, it was my launch title shocker to be sure. Had no idea I'd like it as much as I do.

    Come find me on Twitch.tv!


  14. #13
    Superior Member
    JDizzleNO1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    where the sun don't shine
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Posts
    875
    Rep Power
    30
    Points
    2,327 (0 Banked)
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicnuke View Post
    I just started playing and not hating it, I wish there was a little more explanation on things. Can you o back and play levels? I see people with sweet moves and warframes and I haven't even ranked up yet.
    yes you can go back and replay the levels



  15. #14
    Community Manager
    Fijiandoce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pacific Isles of Doceness
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Posts
    4,420
    Rep Power
    89
    Points
    264,422 (888 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by JDizzleNO1 View Post
    what do you mean by this???
    you'll see!

    suffice to say, It won't be pleasant (always make sure you keep 1 revive everyday!)

    one of the more challenging aspects of warframe. a true challenge it is (especially alone)

    again, #PCplayersSTFU
    Sig courtesy of the_jim


  16. #15
    Veteran
    Kauldron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,104
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    6,210 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    you'll see!

    suffice to say, It won't be pleasant (always make sure you keep 1 revive everyday!)

    one of the more challenging aspects of warframe. a true challenge it is (especially alone)

    again, #PCplayersSTFU
    I gutted the stalker a while ago if that is what you mean. Love the way he comes in though.
    _______________________________________________

    _______________________________________________

  17. #16
    Community Manager
    Fijiandoce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pacific Isles of Doceness
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Posts
    4,420
    Rep Power
    89
    Points
    264,422 (888 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kauldron View Post
    I gutted the stalker a while ago if that is what you mean. Love the way he comes in though.
    what stalker? o_O

    Sig courtesy of the_jim


  18. Likes Kauldron likes this post
  19. #17
    Apprentice

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    225
    Rep Power
    8
    Points
    2,968 (0 Banked)
    I enjoy it, I think I need to read a guide or wiki to understand warframes, mods, the foundry and probably a lot more.

  20. #18
    Superior Member
    Locomotive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    Posts
    832
    Rep Power
    21
    Points
    14,966 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    don't get too comfortable with the way the damage system works in warframe PS4. The system has been redone from the ground up, so big changes coming to the way you deal damage. IMO, the changes are a lot better.....but make the game even more complex.

    Also, watch your back after you've killed your first boss! #PCplayersSTFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    you'll see!

    suffice to say, It won't be pleasant (always make sure you keep 1 revive everyday!)

    one of the more challenging aspects of warframe. a true challenge it is (especially alone)

    again, #PCplayersSTFU
    Why do you keep saying PCplayersSTFU?

    Did I step into some sort of PC vs Console war thread disguised as a positive thread?

    Also...I enjoy this game as well. If anyone wants to play just add me. My PSN id is to the left.

  21. #19
    Community Manager
    Fijiandoce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pacific Isles of Doceness
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Posts
    4,420
    Rep Power
    89
    Points
    264,422 (888 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Locomotive View Post
    Why do you keep saying PCplayersSTFU?

    Did I step into some sort of PC vs Console war thread disguised as a positive thread?

    Also...I enjoy this game as well. If anyone wants to play just add me. My PSN id is to the left.
    i'm joking, obviously...would it be more obvious if i put a giant *WINK* *WINK* beside it, a big red sign saying "I'm joking here" perhaps? o_O

    the PCplayersSTFU is due to Warframe existing on the platform for over a year. im obviously playing off of the knowledge PC players have of the game.

    was the "" not enough? can i not joke?

    Warframe PC/Console is exactly the same. why people insist on perpetuating this "war" notion is beyond me.....
    Last edited by Fijiandoce; 11-27-2013 at 03:23.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim


  22. #20
    Superior Member
    JDizzleNO1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    where the sun don't shine
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Posts
    875
    Rep Power
    30
    Points
    2,327 (0 Banked)
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    oh boy this should be fun!!! can't wait! i think i can handle it, this coming from someone who's put over 200+ in demon souls and 200+ hours in dark souls



  23. #21
    Community Manager
    Fijiandoce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pacific Isles of Doceness
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Posts
    4,420
    Rep Power
    89
    Points
    264,422 (888 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by JDizzleNO1 View Post
    oh boy this should be fun!!! can't wait! i think i can handle it, this coming from someone who's put over 200+ in demon souls and 200+ hours in dark souls
    i won't get to transfer my profile over until next year, i can't wait to play warframe with the DS4, on my giant TV, in my lounge .

    you'll get plenty of playtime out of warframe though, i've logged ~200 hours already and still go back to it. its just a fun game to pick up and play
    Sig courtesy of the_jim


  24. #22
    Dedicated Member
    Zswordsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Tacoma
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,215
    Rep Power
    56
    Points
    1,557 (0 Banked)
    Items Full Metal AlchemistThe X-FilesFinal Fantasy VII
    Fiji! you telling me that the rhino that i just got won't be a badass when damage 2.0 hits the ps4? :'(

  25. #23
    Superior Member
    Locomotive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    Posts
    832
    Rep Power
    21
    Points
    14,966 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    i'm joking, obviously...would it be more obvious if i put a giant *WINK* *WINK* beside it, a big red sign saying "I'm joking here" perhaps? o_O

    the PCplayersSTFU is due to Warframe existing on the platform for over a year. im obviously playing off of the knowledge PC players have of the game.

    was the "" not enough? can i not joke?

    Warframe PC/Console is exactly the same. why people insist on perpetuating this "war" notion is beyond me.....
    Yes, b/c "snicker" or "laughing" truly shows that you are joking. Not like it could mean you are snickering or laughing at PC gamers.

    And it's not that theres not tons of PC hate on all console forums....so I'm not overreacting.

  26. #24
    Community Manager
    Fijiandoce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pacific Isles of Doceness
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Posts
    4,420
    Rep Power
    89
    Points
    264,422 (888 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zswordsman View Post
    Fiji! you telling me that the rhino that i just got won't be a badass when damage 2.0 hits the ps4? :'(
    no, your Rhino will be still be badass after the update

    Though there is apparently a bug with all warframes armour values....but rhino has god mode so its null and void

    Damage 2.0 is an attempt to level out the way the difficulty scales. previously, enemies scaled as a percentage. so a low level enemy with 15 armour, would have 1500 armour by level 100 etc. now its a bit different. the armour might be around 250 or something.

    Weapons also deal damage to shields/health/amrour differently too. previously, everyone got the best gun and ran with it. now, even the starter stuff is viable at the higher levels...its complicated i know

    EDIT:
    How is the DS4 for controlling the powers BTW? is the touchpad responsive? i keep goofing on the PC and hitting 3 instead of 4 so i have to pretend like it was planned

    Quote Originally Posted by Locomotive View Post
    Yes, b/c "snicker" or "laughing" truly shows that you are joking. Not like it could mean you are snickering or laughing at PC gamers.

    And it's not that theres not tons of PC hate on all console forums....so I'm not overreacting.
    im not a console forum!
    Last edited by Fijiandoce; 11-27-2013 at 04:27.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim


  27. Likes Zswordsman likes this post
  28. #25
    Superior Member
    Locomotive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    Posts
    832
    Rep Power
    21
    Points
    14,966 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    no, your Rhino will be still be badass after the update

    Though there is apparently a bug with all warframes armour values....but rhino has god mode so its null and void

    Damage 2.0 is an attempt to level out the way the difficulty scales. previously, enemies scaled as a percentage. so a low level enemy with 15 armour, would have 1500 armour by level 100 etc. now its a bit different. the armour might be around 250 or something.

    Weapons also deal damage to shields/health/amrour differently too. previously, everyone got the best gun and ran with it. now, even the starter stuff is viable at the higher levels...its complicated i know

    EDIT:
    How is the DS4 for controlling the powers BTW? is the touchpad responsive? i keep goofing on the PC and hitting 3 instead of 4 so i have to pretend like it was planned


    im not a console forum!

    I don't know you well enough personally to know whether or not to believe you.....

    ....I'll need about another year or so. Then, I'll decide for myself whether or not you, personally, are a console forum or not.

    YOU'RE ON MY WATCH LIST!!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.