Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    How is the DS4 for controlling the powers BTW? is the touchpad responsive? i keep goofing on the PC and hitting 3 instead of 4 so i have to pretend like it was planned
    Yep, it is pretty easy and comfortable. Swipe up, down, left or right while aiming.

What is pretty stupid though is that you cannot customize the buttons. Block is set to "up" on the D-Pad! I can't move and block at the same time.

I have no idea why they didn't set block to L1. L1 as it is, is the slide/crouch move. R3 has no function.

L1 should have been block and slide/crouch should have been R3.

2. Likes Fijiandoce likes this post
    PSN ID
    croatoa
    I tried to get on the game today to play with some friends but was not able to see them on the list of friends.... If I have to play with randoms I don't see myself enjoying this game as much, but it is really fun and if they can figure out the player connection settings I will be happy

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    no, your Rhino will be still be badass after the update

Though there is apparently a bug with all warframes armour values....but rhino has god mode so its null and void

Damage 2.0 is an attempt to level out the way the difficulty scales. previously, enemies scaled as a percentage. so a low level enemy with 15 armour, would have 1500 armour by level 100 etc. now its a bit different. the armour might be around 250 or something.

Weapons also deal damage to shields/health/amrour differently too. previously, everyone got the best gun and ran with it. now, even the starter stuff is viable at the higher levels...its complicated i know

EDIT:
    How is the DS4 for controlling the powers BTW? is the touchpad responsive? i keep goofing on the PC and hitting 3 instead of 4 so i have to pretend like it was planned

im not a console forum!

uh the controls are smooth but the touchpad is well....not as responsive as i want it to be, but still though its not that bad. its really touchy in killzone, not so much in warframe. trying to aim at a guy and activating "bullet magnet" (im mag) is a pain, but im using shield regeneration and crush so i don't have to worry about aiming at targets

by the way, does you know what those symbols mean below my armor and health? there was a countdown in the world map and its got three ^ arrows next to them.....ive figured out everything else in this game but that
    Last edited by JDizzleNO1; 11-27-2013 at 06:35. Reason: my spelling is worse then a 7th graders

5. Likes Fijiandoce likes this post
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Riptide_Warrior View Post
    I tried to get on the game today to play with some friends but was not able to see them on the list of friends.... If I have to play with randoms I don't see myself enjoying this game as much, but it is really fun and if they can figure out the player connection settings I will be happy
    Go into your router and active DMZ. Set it to your PS4's ip address. Fixed me right up.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by Locomotive View Post
    I don't know you well enough personally to know whether or not to believe you.....

....I'll need about another year or so. Then, I'll decide for myself whether or not you, personally, are a console forum or not.

YOU'RE ON MY WATCH LIST!!!
    i suppose a bit of voyeurism wouldn't bother me too much. don't watch too intently during the weekends though!

Quote Originally Posted by Kauldron View Post
    Yep, it is pretty easy and comfortable. Swipe up, down, left or right while aiming.

What is pretty stupid though is that you cannot customize the buttons. Block is set to "up" on the D-Pad! I can't move and block at the same time.

I have no idea why they didn't set block to L1. L1 as it is, is the slide/crouch move. R3 has no function.

L1 should have been block and slide/crouch should have been R3.
    block gets used less and less as you level up. and you'll eventually get weapons with low charge times but high damage output, so you'll just charge attack everything. For example, The giant broadsword does 5-6K damage. I can't go too many missions without switching back to the Orthos Prime - lowest charge time, and second highest charged damage output.

The above problem currently has DE toying with implementing charged combo attacks, as well as a rework to the melee system....(a long way off though, it shouldn't be coming too soon)

I can only go off of what the PC controls like ATM (no im not jealous ), but the control scheme even on the PC is a bit weird. So i can imagine it takes some mapping to get it functional on the DS4.
    Pro-Warframe tip though, hold sprint (is that even a button?), hold slide (crouch), then hit jump. that's how to traverse ground faster

Quote Originally Posted by JDizzleNO1 View Post
    uh the controls are smooth but the touchpad is well....not as responsive as i want it to be, but still though its not that bad. its really touchy in killzone, not so much in warframe. trying to aim at a guy and activating "bullet magnet" (im mag) is a pain, but im using shield regeneration and crush so i don't have to worry about aiming at targets

by the way, does you know what those symbols mean below my armor and health? there was a countdown in the world map and its got three ^ arrows next to them.....ive figured out everything else in this game but that
    I wondered how the aiming and using abilities would be implemented, as long as its not too much of a problem, i'm fine with it. Many of my frames have those abilities removed anyways

if you're referring to the chainlink looking green thing and the sim-card looking things, those indicate you have boosters active which increase your Credit and XP gain
    the timer shows you how much longer they're active for.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

8. Likes JDizzleNO1 likes this post
    PSN ID
    affliction4
    Yup I wana play it . tell me what can i do.

Dedicated Member
    Been playing this on pc, will def give it a try on ps4, hopefully can transfer characters across

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Naughty DogFinal Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    Don't know what I'm doing, but I did the first mission or whatever. Seems like a pretty cool game and something I might try to get into

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot

So I got my PS4 and had a go at this and am really intrigued but man I'm kinda lost haha. Anyone still playing this?

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post

So I got my PS4 and had a go at this and am really intrigued but man I'm kinda lost haha. Anyone still playing this?
    I stopped playing after about a month after I started playing it (i.e. when it effectively would start costing me money to really advance.)

The biggest advice I can give is 1.) Learn the maps you're playing 2.) Learn your specialties and USE them. 3.) Keep you fellow players back.

Learn how to Slide through force fields. Learn how to Melee while sliding. Smash lockers and crates to get pickups.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    OregonViking
    I played TONS of it before I bought any game. Leveled all the weapon classes to max, got all the trophies. The game has improved tremendously since launch they have done a great job of showing everyone how free 2 play can be feasible. Hopefully leads to more of its kind.

I'm playing this like every day with my friends. I really enjoy this game adn it's really awesome. But need some improvements. I think it's cool that Warframe is connected to Dark sector (which is a really good game

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce

The new build should be off to Sony for Cert. soon!

DE pegged mid August as a rough target. It does a better job of introducing warframe to new players.

Plus, there's this:

And you get your own player ship!

I still play on PC because sony are slack arses with the update procedure and hold the PS4 build back from the PC.

The thing i would say to do would be to spend your starter platinum on more warframe slots, or more weapon slots. These cost money, granted not that much, but still, it should allow you to grow your arsenal a bit to get a better understanding

EDIT:
    The next PS4 Build is HUGE!!! There's the new event plus the introduction of the quest system, and a brand new UI (don't get used to what you're looking at now!).

Jeez Ghost, this should be your first frame!

That necrobump
    Last edited by Fijiandoce; 08-06-2014 at 06:43.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    OMG we're getting pets!? Man the update sounds pretty cool.

I played more last night, I bought a bo blueprint, I couldn't resist as I've trained it IRL but then I realised I have no damn idea where the parts are for it .

Any other starter tips and tricks? I saw that 50 plat and figured it was the cash bought currency so saved it.

Also, I'm still unsure about which frame to use and it seems like they level up with usage so want to be sure I choose the best one...or is this not really a concern?

Also, dat frame is AWESOME! is that coming in the new build? What are some of the coolest frames?

Fire the space harpoons!
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    I really liked Warframe when I played it. I will definitely play it again in around other game releases. The update looks awesome.

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    OMG we're getting pets!? Man the update sounds pretty cool.

I played more last night, I bought a bo blueprint, I couldn't resist as I've trained it IRL but then I realised I have no damn idea where the parts are for it .

Any other starter tips and tricks? I saw that 50 plat and figured it was the cash bought currency so saved it.

Also, I'm still unsure about which frame to use and it seems like they level up with usage so want to be sure I choose the best one...or is this not really a concern?

Also, dat frame is AWESOME! is that coming in the new build? What are some of the coolest frames?
    Nekros is an old frame. You get his parts by beating the big as $#@! beastie in the derelict void missions.

I rock Banshee and have for near on a year! Second frame i got, and when i got her, she was still obtained the hard way (ie, farming the high levels) xD

However, Rhino is everyone's fav on account of it's "god-mode" ability. (it's XP locked though) There is a new frame in the next PS4 update that i have been running. Its a pretty slick frame. Brings high-end PC's to their knees so don't know how it will be received on the PS4
    Currently levelling a Volt (seen in my screen grab) and that thing is a biscuit...im sure a strong breeze would break that thing apart

Warframe is a kind of an "ask when you get stuck" experience atm. It's great, but a little slack with explaining stuff. Kinda like how Dust was when we started the Dust corp

The Bo was actually a very good weapon before melee 2.0. The charge attack always stunned opponents and/or sent them flying. You should check out the Orthos. Kinda like the bo, but with more bite

The materials are gotten by just playing the game, imo, this is Warframes weakest mechanic. It's great when you have 20+ hours and a few materials to drop on stuff, but when you're new and have nothing, it can get overwhelming.

As for the kubrows, it's kind of a lottery, i lucked into the biggest built, with the rarest fur pattern. so was quite happy with him...named him nomad, was gunna name it St. Patrick but meh. It's nomad now xD

P.S - The RNG in Warframe is funky as all hell. The best way to want something is to not want it! RNG will give you everything you don't want. TOP TIP!! (RNG - Random Number Generator)

Your Warframe choice depends on how much time you'll invest. For me, i switch depending on my play style and/or the mission im playing.
    Frost is king for defence missions. His snow globe ability creates an impenetrable shield you and you buddies can shoot out of, but enemies can't shoot in. Loki is great for advanced players. Volt is pretty decent if you specialize in extending the duration of his abilities....So yeah, quite a lot of depth to all the frames, just pick your favourite.

I could go on all day and night. This has been my game on the side for over a year now!
    Just ask, and i will answer! xD

Quote Originally Posted by TidalPhoenix View Post
    I really liked Warframe when I played it. I will definitely play it again in around other game releases. The update looks awesome.
    The thing i like about warframe is it's just lols.

Couldn't help laughing at this little mess:

Some of the most demanding VFX warframe has to offer all going at the same time...i think i dropped to a slideshow once or twice xD
    Last edited by Fijiandoce; 08-06-2014 at 13:28.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Nekros is an old frame. You get his parts by beating the big as $#@! beastie in the derelict void missions.

I rock Banshee and have for near on a year! Second frame i got, and when i got her, she was still obtained the hard way (ie, farming the high levels) xD

However, Rhino is everyone's fav on account of it's "god-mode" ability. (it's XP locked though) There is a new frame in the next PS4 update that i have been running. Its a pretty slick frame. Brings high-end PC's to their knees so don't know how it will be received on the PS4
    Currently levelling a Volt (seen in my screen grab) and that thing is a biscuit...im sure a strong breeze would break that thing apart

Warframe is a kind of an "ask when you get stuck" experience atm. It's great, but a little slack with explaining stuff. Kinda like how Dust was when we started the Dust corp

The Bo was actually a very good weapon before melee 2.0. The charge attack always stunned opponents and/or sent them flying. You should check out the Orthos. Kinda like the bo, but with more bite

The materials are gotten by just playing the game, imo, this is Warframes weakest mechanic. It's great when you have 20+ hours and a few materials to drop on stuff, but when you're new and have nothing, it can get overwhelming.

As for the kubrows, it's kind of a lottery, i lucked into the biggest built, with the rarest fur pattern. so was quite happy with him...named him nomad, was gunna name it St. Patrick but meh. It's nomad now xD

P.S - The RNG in Warframe is funky as all hell. The best way to want something is to not want it! RNG will give you everything you don't want. TOP TIP!! (RNG - Random Number Generator)

Your Warframe choice depends on how much time you'll invest. For me, i switch depending on my play style and/or the mission im playing.
    Frost is king for defence missions. His snow globe ability creates an impenetrable shield you and you buddies can shoot out of, but enemies can't shoot in. Loki is great for advanced players. Volt is pretty decent if you specialize in extending the duration of his abilities....So yeah, quite a lot of depth to all the frames, just pick your favourite.

I could go on all day and night. This has been my game on the side for over a year now!
    Just ask, and i will answer! xD

The thing i like about warframe is it's just lols.

Couldn't help laughing at this little mess:

Some of the most demanding VFX warframe has to offer all going at the same time...i think i dropped to a slideshow once or twice xD
    Haha questions inbound!

So, how deep is the progression into a frame? I mean if I chose nekkro, is it something I have to invest heaps of time in to level up or is progression kinda short from frame to frame? I'll probably end up moving onto other frames but would like a staple to ffed my dopamine addiction.

Also, do you have an overall level progression, outside of your frame and weapon progression? The UI is kinda confusing the hell outta me atm.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Haha questions inbound!

So, how deep is the progression into a frame? I mean if I chose nekkro, is it something I have to invest heaps of time in to level up or is progression kinda short from frame to frame? I'll probably end up moving onto other frames but would like a staple to ffed my dopamine addiction.

Also, do you have an overall level progression, outside of your frame and weapon progression? The UI is kinda confusing the hell outta me atm.
    Oh wow, that is one of the harder questions to put into words

I'll try my best though

When you gain a level for a weapon or a frame, it counts towards your Mastery Rank. Your mastery Rank allows you to use higher level frames and weapons (Rhino, Soma etc).

You level your frame to allow it to 'equip' more mods + increase your health and shields. You'll acquire mods as you progress through the game. Some increase damage of your frame powers, some increase the duration. Some make you run faster. some make you bleedout for longer. Each of these mods has a 'cost' to equip to your frame.

By default, your frame has 30 slots available when at max level (1 for each level), but you can use orokin reactors or catalysts to increase that to 60. These cost money to purchase, but the devs run alert missions at the end of every week that rewards one or the other...so you don't really need to pay for them.

To maximise the usage of slots, you'll see a symbol on some of the spaces your mods fit into. If you match the symbol, you decrease the equip cost of the mod by half (rounded up). If the symbols don't match, it costs half as much, added, to equip. IF the space has no symbol, the cost will be what is shown.

The same is true for your weapons and your sentinel and kubrow.

It should look something like this:
    BLUE: Matching polarity
    RED: Not Matching

You also gain Mastery Rank by completing levels,and levelling your sentinels and their weapons.

In the new Update, you should be GUARANTEED to get some of the 'essential' mods. So when it launches, if you don't have increase health/shield mods etc. replay the tutorial and it should give you broken versions to fill the gap.

IMO, the '+DMG' mod is the only 'essential' mod i regularly forgo the health mod to create a loadout that specializes in either defence or 'Utility' and if i have room for them, i'll then equip them.

As for the depth of customization of a frame. It comes down to your play style.
    I'll use volt as im currently levelling it (and you can reference my loadout), But for me, i find volts electric shield power to be invaluable. To that end, i've used mods to make the duration of his powers last longer. So i have a very defensive build.

However, Volt also has several attacking powers, his ultimate is a good example. So i could alternatively, use mods that increase the damage i put out, and decrease the cost to cast those powers.

EDIT:
    The rate at which you gain XP is relative. If you run in a group of 4 and kill hundreds of enemies, you'll get lots of XP. On top of the XP you yourself earn, you also get shared XP from the other players in the Match. This way, you can get 3 or 4 levels in a single mission (if the conditions are correct ie, Mobs swarm yo ass).

If you go solo, you'll only get the XP you earn. So the more people in a mission, the better

Your frame will get XP for using just about anything; primary, secondary, melee. However, your weapons wont get any XP unless used OR someone you're running with uses that weapon type. eg. You don't use your secondary, but someone else does, you will get some XP from his usage. If no one uses their secondary, no one gets XP.
    Last edited by Fijiandoce; 08-06-2014 at 14:39.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Thread Information