Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    True.

The thread title is just a "tad" misleading as well.

Small retailer:"PS4 orders top demand for xbox one five to one"

Would be more accurate.

At 150k XBO in the first 48 hours, the PS4 is going to have to sell 750k in the first 48 hours to fulfill 5:1 in the UK, BTW.
    I won't surprised if that happens to be honest. Definitely amongst my friends and co-workers, it's ps4 hands down.

Not that my friends and co-workers is an accurate representation of the whole of UK...

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by darky89 View Post
    I won't surprised if that happens to be honest. Definitely amongst my friends and co-workers, it's ps4 hands down.

Not that my friends and co-workers is an accurate representation of the whole of UK...
    I'd be very impressed if Sony can even allocate 750k to UK at launch.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    At 150k XBO in the first 48 hours, the PS4 is going to have to sell 750k in the first 48 hours to fulfill 5:1 in the UK, BTW.
    Can't be done, SONY simply won't have the stock. My guess would be 220k with a complete sell out.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    Looks like I have no comprehension of the sort of numbers these consoles are doing lol. Ignore me guys.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

Ultimate Veteran
    My guess is Sony will make sure the UK gets the healthiest amount of PS4s since the 360 did surprisingly well in the UK compared to the rest of Europe. Just inferring from Sonys strategy up to this point, it seems like their goal is to reclaim their market position from the countries they lost last gen.

6. Likes TidalPhoenix likes this post
    Chocolatier to the Stars
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    My guess is Sony will make sure the UK gets the healthiest amount of PS4s since the 360 did surprisingly well in the UK compared to the rest of Europe. Just inferring from Sonys strategy up to this point, it seems like their goal is to reclaim their market position from the countries they lost last gen.
    So this gen they are ticking the right boxes compared to how they started the last gen in the UK. Here are the problems they needed to address:

• Price point needs to be in the cheaper end of the luxury goods range *check*
    • The console needs to be exactly what the US and the rest of the world get (PS3 removed the 20GB entry variant and the hardware backwards compatibility chipset) *check*
    • They need to get enough of them into the right hands (remove the scalpers buying up the stock and selling for an inflated price) *check*
    • Get it to market before the One has gained traction - i.e. target hardcore gamers, most of which last gen didn't want to wait for the PS3 once the 360 was available *check*
    • Get FIFA on it and looking awesome *check* (you wouldn't believe how that game can shift consoles)

Here's the challenge they still need to overcome
    • Multiplayer in the UK is King. Lots of 360 owners have large, and active, friends list. The challenge is getting people to move from Live to PSN. Almost all the conversations I am having are with Friends on the list who want the PS4 but do not want to lose a huge active friends list. If most people go to the PS4 then they will follow as some of those on the list will be there, but they don't want to go by themselves.

This gen the UK market is there for the taking and Sony definitely can do that.

​aka Sparc

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    So this gen they are ticking the right boxes compared to how they started the last gen in the UK. Here are the problems they needed to address:

• Price point needs to be in the cheaper end of the luxury goods range *check*
    • The console needs to be exactly what the US and the rest of the world get (PS3 removed the 20GB entry variant and the hardware backwards compatibility chipset) *check*
    • They need to get enough of them into the right hands (remove the scalpers buying up the stock and selling for an inflated price) *check*
    • Get it to market before the One has gained traction - i.e. target hardcore gamers, most of which last gen didn't want to wait for the PS3 once the 360 was available *check*
    • Get FIFA on it and looking awesome *check* (you wouldn't believe how that game can shift consoles)

Here's the challenge they still need to overcome
    • Multiplayer in the UK is King. Lots of 360 owners have large, and active, friends list. The challenge is getting people to move from Live to PSN. Almost all the conversations I am having are with Friends on the list who want the PS4 but do not want to lose a huge active friends list. If most people go to the PS4 then they will follow as some of those on the list will be there, but they don't want to go by themselves.

This gen the UK market is there for the taking and Sony definitely can do that.
    Dont see psn ever beating live, live was the main reason why i kept my 360 over my ps3 as all my mates were on it and just didnt like psn.

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Chocolatier to the Stars
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    Dont see psn ever beating live, live was the main reason why i kept my 360 over my ps3 as all my mates were on it and just didnt like psn.
    It doesn't have to beat it, it just has to provide a comparable service (which it will for the PS4) and beat the One in every other, gaming related, quarter. Be of a price point that some of these 360 owners will take a chance with it and it will spiral from there.

All conjecture of course

​aka Sparc

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Peregrin8X View Post
    and when real numbers do come out that heavily favor PS4, then what?

but but but...
    No but but but. Numbers don't lie. If the PS4 is way ahead of the Xbox One in sales..... then those are the facts. No excuses necessary.

Xbox is my primary platform, PlayStation my secondary. That will only change if the Xbox platform goes away. Until then.... back to my Xbox One I go.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    Seeing as it costs more for live I do. Also you don't need psn to use apps like Netflix

tapatalk post

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Don't worry UK 360 gamers, PS4 won't bite.
    Let the greatness consume you.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Thread Information