Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,118
    Rep Power
    244
    Points
    147,795 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

    Forza 5 AI Drivatar... ugh

    Ok, this isn't much different than any other racing game I guess...

    The "AI" is complete trash on this game. There hasn't been a single race where the AI actually sees you on the track. I'm constantly being crashed into from every angle possible. It is frustrating the hell out of me.
    I'll have some uploads this evening. Frustrated to hell with it.




  2. #2
    Banned
    TidalPhoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    In your urinary tract
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Posts
    11,818
    Rep Power
    117
    Points
    16,515 (0 Banked)
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I never felt that was too bad in Forza 4. Sounds like it's gotten worse then.

    I'm hearing a few things about the game which is really disappointing me. Lack of cars. Nickle and dime micro transactions to unlock cars, day one DLC (which is fine if the selection of cars to start with was large, but not otherwise), and now this.

    One of my favourite franchises of all time is starting to slide off my radar

    ​aka Sparc

    Entropy isn't what it used be

  3. Likes mistercrow likes this post
  4. #3
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,118
    Rep Power
    244
    Points
    147,795 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    It's fun, no doubt. I'm enjoying the game itself, it just has things you're going to have to deal with unfortunately. It affects my game play though. I mean, I've been first place in almost every race, yet, I'll get bashed into and get dropped to last place. It makes me rage lol. Luckily, I've been able to get back to third most of the time.

    I'll get some videos uploaded this evening.




  5. #4
    Member
    IshTing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Sheffield
    PSN ID
    IshTing
    Age
    24
    Posts
    133
    Rep Power
    7
    Points
    2,094 (0 Banked)
    Trying not to 'go there', but wasn't the cloud supposed to drastically improve this?

  6. #5
    Banned
    TidalPhoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    In your urinary tract
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Posts
    11,818
    Rep Power
    117
    Points
    16,515 (0 Banked)
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    It's fun, no doubt. I'm enjoying the game itself, it just has things you're going to have to deal with unfortunately. It affects my game play though. I mean, I've been first place in almost every race, yet, I'll get bashed into and get dropped to last place. It makes me rage lol. Luckily, I've been able to get back to third most of the time.

    I'll get some videos uploaded this evening.
    Thanks F34R - I guess you'll post the links in here when the vids are ready.

    ​aka Sparc

    Entropy isn't what it used be

  7. #6
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,118
    Rep Power
    244
    Points
    147,795 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Yeah, I have some brain dr appts today, so I won't be home until 3:30pm EST, and I'll get some recorded and uploaded. 'Bout to roll out in a few.




  8. #7
    Superior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    514
    Rep Power
    65
    Points
    827 (0 Banked)
    I think the problem is caused by the new AI system actually working. I like racing games, but I am not that great at them. My experience with any racing game is that real people will run into you way more than AI. Perhaps it is different at higher skill levels, but that is definitely true when playing with mediocre people.

    I think that the Drivatars absolutely drive more like real people. IE, they will run into you whenever you are on the line they want.

    There is definitely an argument to be had about whether more human like AI patterned after average racing game players is actually a good thing, IMO.
    Last edited by justsayin; 11-26-2013 at 18:45.

  9. #8
    Veteran
    Bligmerk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,413
    Rep Power
    97
    Points
    21,924 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by justsayin View Post
    I think the problem is caused by the new AI system actually working. I like racing games, but I am not that great at them. My experience with any racing game is that real people will run into you way more than AI. Perhaps it is different at higher skill levels, but that is definitely true when playing with mediocre people.

    I think that the Drivatars absolutely drive more like real people. IE, they will run into you whenever you are on the line they want.

    There is definitely an argument to be had about whether more human like AI patterned after average racing game players is actually a good thing, IMO.
    The AI is supposed to drive like professional race car drivers, not somebody's 80 year old mum. Next, the scheduled rebuttal comes "Bu..bu..but, professional race car drivers crash into each other". Usually, not intentionally and it can only be a strategy by having a team car in 2nd place clip the car in 1st place, so that team car in 3rd place goes on to 1st. Reciprocal damage is what prevents this from being used like it is in Florza, which doesn't have the real world physics of car bodies crunching into each other.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

  10. Likes mistercrow likes this post
  11. #9
    Forum Elder
    Yungstar 2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    tyneside
    Posts
    2,948
    Rep Power
    59
    Points
    28,374 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by justsayin View Post
    I think the problem is caused by the new AI system actually working. I like racing games, but I am not that great at them. My experience with any racing game is that real people will run into you way more than AI. Perhaps it is different at higher skill levels, but that is definitely true when playing with mediocre people.

    I think that the Drivatars absolutely drive more like real people. IE, they will run into you whenever you are on the line they want.

    There is definitely an argument to be had about whether more human like AI patterned after average racing game players is actually a good thing, IMO.
    if it learns, then the racing should improve over time. also, shouldn't the matching system start to sort this out as more people progress?

    i've only done the 1st track (2nd place) so far and was sorely tempted to crash into Major Nelsons drivatar although i did see one crash further ahead of me and one car hit me in the side pushing me off the track.

  12. #10
    Superior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    514
    Rep Power
    65
    Points
    827 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    if it learns, then the racing should improve over time. also, shouldn't the matching system start to sort this out as more people progress?

    i've only done the 1st track (2nd place) so far and was sorely tempted to crash into Major Nelsons drivatar although i did see one crash further ahead of me and one car hit me in the side pushing me off the track.
    You would expect it to get better as people improve except for one thing. There is a constant stream of new people coming in.

    I am not really saying the AI is good. I am just saying it seems they have succeeded in getting the AI to drive as a reflection of the way people drive in driving games.

    You can certainly make the argument that you really don't want the AI to drive like a person does. I try not to bash into people in a multiplayer race, but against AI I don't hesitate to brush others out of my way when it will get me ahead. Taking that strategy into races against other people may not be the best experience for some.

  13. #11
    Superior Member
    TrUe GaMeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    601
    Rep Power
    67
    Points
    2,877 (0 Banked)
    I've seen the videos and they definitely drive like real players. As in they drive as if you were playing online.

    If you like that or not is up for debate. It does look like it could get annoying, but you won't get bored with it.

    The thing I'm excited about is that this proves that the cloud data that they call drivatars in this game works. If this is applied to shooters or other games in a controlled setting I would be very excited.

    The $#@! works. Whether you like it or not, toss up.

  14. #12
    Banned
    TidalPhoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    In your urinary tract
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Posts
    11,818
    Rep Power
    117
    Points
    16,515 (0 Banked)
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    In Forza 4 if you crashed into other cars (or went off track) you incurred quite painful time penalties. Seems like that's removed from Forza 5 and I'm not sure that's for the best

    ​aka Sparc

    Entropy isn't what it used be

  15. #13
    Superior Member
    TEST SUBJECT 83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Oregon
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83
    Posts
    521
    Rep Power
    10
    Points
    4,876 (0 Banked)
    What I want to know is, are they crashing into you because thats what real drivers do, or because the "real" AI just drives a ghost line and doesn't care where you are and if your line and there line are the same then your gonna get hit.

  16. #14
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,118
    Rep Power
    244
    Points
    147,795 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I'm am almost through with this game already ffs. They better fix this crap.
    The "AI" is constantly just ignoring your car is there. I've lost 1st place, all the way back to 5th to last place on too many races due to cars just ramming the hell out of me going into a turn. It is pathetic. I'm getting burnt out on the Xbox One already due to this one single game. Jesus.




  17. #15
    Superior Member
    Bhindi_Bhajji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    865
    Rep Power
    64
    Points
    476 (0 Banked)
    I've literally just picked up my Xbox One, mainly for Forza 5.

    Yep, the drivatar is already irritating me.

    At first I thought I'll try the above average difficulty setting, I'm ok at racers, but it's been a while since I played Forza 4 or GT5.

    So many overtakes have resulted in my back end being knocked resulting in spinning or hitting a wall only to have to rewind and try again, generally with the same result...grrrr!

    I've put the difficulty down to average now and the other drivers ramming me is much less, but that's probably because they drive slower and I get through the traffic quicker, still it's less annoying for now!

    I'd like to option to just have regular AI drivers!

  18. #16
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,118
    Rep Power
    244
    Points
    147,795 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhindi_Bhajji View Post
    I've literally just picked up my Xbox One, mainly for Forza 5.

    Yep, the drivatar is already irritating me.

    At first I thought I'll try the above average difficulty setting, I'm ok at racers, but it's been a while since I played Forza 4 or GT5.

    So many overtakes have resulted in my back end being knocked resulting in spinning or hitting a wall only to have to rewind and try again, generally with the same result...grrrr!

    I've put the difficulty down to average now and the other drivers ramming me is much less, but that's probably because they drive slower and I get through the traffic quicker, still it's less annoying for now!

    I'd like to option to just have regular AI drivers!
    I'd imagine if you delete the game data, reinstall the game, and don't connect to the internet.. it won't be able to download the $#@!atar, ahem.. drivatar data.




  19. #17
    Dedicated Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,488
    Rep Power
    40
    Points
    19,690 (0 Banked)
    I don't think the Drivatar drives like real people, I think it's a rubber band AI that is designed to crash into you as you pass it.

    99.9% of the real people I play against get passed in the first turn and never get close enough to challenge me again. Over the years, dating all the way back to the original Forza, I can count the number of people who can make up a 3 second deficit and catch back up to me in a 3 lap race on one hand, yet based on what I played yesterday, this Drivatar AI can consistently catch back up to me, even when I'm setting near record lap times.

    If I'm struggling to squeeze out another tenth of a second per lap, no way is anyone else going to run the lap 3 seconds faster than me in the same car. This Forza AI does.

  20. #18
    Banned
    TidalPhoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    In your urinary tract
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Posts
    11,818
    Rep Power
    117
    Points
    16,515 (0 Banked)
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Sounds like the original Motorstorm AI

    ​aka Sparc

    Entropy isn't what it used be

  21. #19
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    I never felt that was too bad in Forza 4. Sounds like it's gotten worse then. I'm hearing a few things about the game which is really disappointing me. Lack of cars. Nickle and dime micro transactions to unlock cars, day one DLC (which is fine if the selection of cars to start with was large, but not otherwise), and now this. One of my favourite franchises of all time is starting to slide off my radar
    And no auction house or gifting cars either. MS and T10 have completely ruined the Forza series. A shame since Forza 4 and GT4 were my two favorite racing games ever.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 12-06-2013 at 19:25.

  22. #20
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,118
    Rep Power
    244
    Points
    147,795 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    And no auction house or gifting cars either. MS and T10 have completely ruined the Forza series. A shame since Forza 4 and GT4 were my two favorite racing games ever.
    It isn't ruined, in any way really. It's a launch title that was rushed. The market place will be there... the selection is there, "coming soon".




Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.