Ps4 i need a new tv

ok guys i need to get a new led tv for my Ps4 i want to know if this model from PHILIPS is any good for games

Philips 55PFL4508H/12 TV 55" Smart LED 3D i dont care about 3D i want performance like the movement color deph etc

so if anyone can help please

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    Quote Originally Posted by VTEG_PT View Post
    ok guys i need to get a new led tv for my Ps4 i want to know if this model from PHILIPS is any good for games

Philips 55PFL4508H/12 TV 55" Smart LED 3D i dont care about 3D i want performance like the movement color deph etc

I've had good experience with Philips and Philips-designed brands I've used across the board. But I'd suggest seeing if you can't what you want in features in a 2D set, as you'll be paying a premium for 3D support you'll never use -- if you really will never watch or play 3D content, bearing in mind the PS4 doesn't support 3D movies right now, anyway.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VTEG_PT View Post

I don't know anything about that model, so I can't comment on it specifically However I just bought a TV last night for my PS4 as well. I ended up getting the LG-42LN5300 as I couldn't beat the price ($357) This is some stuff I found during my search, maybe it can help you or someone else on here?

During my research I came across this site which tests Gaming lag (input lag)
    http://www.displaylag.com/display-da...ticipants-list

That TV you listed isn't apart of their Database. (only two Philips TV's have been tested by them)

But What I've noticed is the 120hz TV's have more lag than 60hz and the larger the screen it appears to also be more likely to have more lag (although not always)

This site, and Cnet have both come to the conclusion that the Best TV out there for gaming (based on Lag response) is the Sony KDL-55W900A and the Sony KDL- 55W802A Surprisingly both are larger and both are 120hz but have "agressive" game modes and over lag times about half of what most other TV's offer.

http://www.displaylag.com/the-best-h...n-2013-part-2/

4. Likes Wrath likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    N0REGARD4LIFE
    Items PlayStationDiceBattlefield 3
    I just bought the LG 50LN5100 at Walmart for $448. It's a 50' but it's only a 60hz tv which is fine for me as I don't like the soap opera effect the 120-240hz tvs have. It has an awesome picture, and I really can't detect any input lag. In fact, I'm doing better in BF4 now than when I was using my 42' Westinghouse. It's not the fanciest or feature packed tv, but for the price and picture quality, it's a no brainer.

Forum Elder
    I game on a 60hz with no problems. The only input lag I've seen was in 3d games on ps3

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Don't buy that brand,get a Samsung or lg

Veteran
    You should check out the reviews but as always you will find both great and negative reviews so don't rely heavily on them, unless of course all of the reviews are negative. I've had my Westinghouse 32'' since 2007 and it hasn't failed me once, I'll try and get a new TV from the Black Friday deals.

PSN ID
    green_sunfish_
    55" is too big, 46" is perfect for gaming... now i really want that KDL-55W900A!
    best brawler fish in the world!

currently playing: gta5 (excited for watch dogs, naughty dog, & WAR Thunder)

PSN ID
    green_sunfish_
    Quote Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
    Don't buy that brand,get a Samsung or lg
    you referring to sony... why?

^I've gotta 45" Bravia Smart TV and it works just as well as my former Samsung OLED (had to by a new TV recently as well).

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by green_sunfish_ View Post
    55" is too big, 46" is perfect for gaming... now i really want that KDL-55W900A!
    What?

I'm used to my 65" and now I think its too small, and want bigger
    Disclaimer: I may or may not know what I'm talking about.

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/4404/lbj.gif

PSN ID
    green_sunfish_
    Quote Originally Posted by oneJ View Post
    What?

I'm used to my 65" and now I think its too small, and want bigger
    haha, goodness that's too big for my liking. i like to sit 5 feet from my tv, you must sit across the room! perhaps it all boils down to how nit picky one is with graphics.... me, i am probably top 10 in the world who wants every screen they stare at to be blu-ray 1080p quality or even better. especially with last gen consoles now slowly fading away in the background, i couldn't imagine playing "the last of us" or gta5 on a 65" full screen... how horrendous! maybe when gameplay reaches the fluid graceful cut scene levels, i will try the 65", but til then i think we are still a long ways off...
    Last edited by green_sunfish_; 11-29-2013 at 10:41.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    I have been using a 24" Samsung LCD Monitor for the past 3 years or so. It is quite good Monitor, but i'm not sure if it's necessary or will it make that much differnce if i upgraded to LED, What do you guys think ?!

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

Dedicated Member
    Don't discount 3D... Ape Escape 3 in 3D Convertion is strangely more addicting, lol.

Master Sage
    Not sure if it applies to all TV's but when i came to buying my Panasonic, I had a choice of a 3D version or non-3D.

I went with the 3D because it was overall more powerful in order to run the 3D which makes the normal display also more powerful and display a better picture. Not sure if that applies for all TV's but it definitely did for mine.

Dedicated Member
    I have a philips led lcd in the living room but you are looking at a low rung model here. Their highest models are the series 9000 models, followed by the 8000 (I have a 9000 series model). You are looking at a 55PFL4508H/12 (britain model), which means you are looking at one of their lower 4000 series model. However, you say that you want use it for gaming, for gaming tv's, response time (measured in milliseconds -ms) is very important, the lower the response time the better. Which brings me to another point. Philips uses its proprietary system to measure lcd response time. They unlike other manufacturers measure response time in BEW (blur edge width) due to which they are able to get their response time (in ms) <1 on some models.

I am not certain that a philips tv may be apt for gaming but for movie watching my 9000 series philips tv with 4 way Ambilight* is really sweet.

*For those that don't know, ambilight is a proprietary philips technology which casts a dynamic glow of light emanating out of each side of the screen.
    Last edited by rene2kx; 11-30-2013 at 06:21.

If you want performance this is the wrong TV. It apparently has a 67ms delay on input response.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/philip...verdict_Page-3

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by JStormz View Post
    If you want performance this is the wrong TV. It apparently has a 67ms delay on input response.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/philip...verdict_Page-3
    wow...i don't even wanna know how bad this will be in multiplayer games.

Thread Information