Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    Forza 5 is disappointing. A minor upgrade in graphics, but not even matching what current PC games are doing graphically, and no where near PC games in sim accuracy.
    And what PC racing game do you have to prove your point? I have yet to play a PC game that blows away the home consoles. I cranked Battlefield 4 to max settings and it looks just like the PS4 version. And nobody cares about what a PC can do anyways. PC's are not consoles, and PC gaming sucks ass.

This thread was about Forza 4 vs Forza 5. Nobody should be talking about damn PC games in this thread. PC gaming sucks ass and is so 2004.

2. Likes Omar likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    GT5 is just a pretty car show. The physics are still GT3 quality, the AI is still PS2 era level, the environments are bland and FAR FROM PHOTOREALISTIC, unless you think sprite trees and prebaked shadows are something you normally see in photos of real tracks.

You want to see your "photorealism" for real?

Be honest, does the top picture look identical in every way to the bottom one to you? Are you really unable to tell the difference between the game and real life?

The car isn't even right. Not even close, and that's the main thing you're bragging about with the GT series.

Forza 5 is disappointing. A minor upgrade in graphics, but not even matching what current PC games are doing graphically, and no where near PC games in sim accuracy. I still cannot do a simulated Le Mans race with more than 50 cars from 3 different classes (LMP1, LMP2, and GT) on track at the same time, and I've been able to do that on the PC since 2005. Still no dynamic day/night cycles, still lacking proper off-track details, still lacking pit animations, etc...

At least GT5 has pit animations, even if it does look like a PS2 game while doing it.
    Looks similar it just the angles are different.
    The physics are massively different from GT3, not even close to the same.

Last edited by keefy; 11-29-2013 at 22:34.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    And what PC racing game do you have to prove your point? I have yet to play a PC game that blows away the home consoles. I cranked Battlefield 4 to max settings and it looks just like the PS4 version. And nobody cares about what a PC can do anyways. PC's are not consoles, and PC gaming sucks ass.

This thread was about Forza 4 vs Forza 5. Nobody should be talking about damn PC games in this thread. PC gaming sucks ass and is so 2004.
    This is a great point. This is how the average consumer sees, they don't care for the small detail differences that they won't even care to notice, whereas geeks do and that's the problem with the whole power argument.

just like no one will notice the resolution difference between the PS4/X1 multiplat games at launch.

5. Likes Lethal likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Bligmerk View Post
    Might want to get your eyes checked.

It looks like dynamic shadow casting and bump mapping have been taken out of Forza 5 to achieve the 1080p. It looks like a flat and lifeless game.
    One is in bright light casting a shadow, the other is a blob because it is ambient occlusion.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    it's not tiny either. BF4 for example, while a cross-gen title, looks far better on next-gen consoles. you just gotta play it yourself.
    I've played it on a friend's 40 inch 1080p LED TV he had a nice setup, but again although it looked good once the hype wore off, and it was quick. It was still imo tiny.

Plus just looked at BF4 on PS3 vs PS4 for the first time and it's looking exactly as I thought EA along with anyone who's made a cross-platform game NBA 2K, Madden, etc etc.

Basically to cut it short the devs cut extreme corners, or just going to say they didn't even try with these late games. Just to make it seem like Next-Gen is that big of a leap.

Cause I know I've seen better of than what I saw with NBA 2K14 on PS3 or even BF4 of PS3.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Arimax View Post
    I've played it on a friend's 40 inch 1080p LED TV he had a nice setup, but again although it looked good once the hype wore off, and it was quick. It was still imo tiny.

Plus just looked at BF4 on PS3 vs PS4 for the first time and it's looking exactly as I thought EA along with anyone who's made a cross-platform game NBA 2K, Madden, etc etc.

Basically to cut it short the devs cut extreme corners, or just going to say they didn't even try with these late games. Just to make it seem like Next-Gen is that big of a leap.

Cause I know I've seen better of than what I saw with NBA 2K14 on PS3 or even BF4 of PS3.
    don't worry, it's going to get many times better. i promise.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Console racing = visuals + basic physics
    PC racing = realistic physics + basic visuals

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Then there is the arcade racer

I quite like the look of this new game.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Then there is the arcade racer

I quite like the look of this new game.
    i like it but so much contrast!

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    don't worry, it's going to get many times better. i promise.
    That is a given just talking about the current state or the present.

As for that 90's Arcade Racer that looks fun, and really it has that feeling of original Ridge Racer to Me, or PS1 Ridge Racer with 10000x Better Graphics lol.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Arimax View Post
    That is a given just talking about the current state or the present.
    i agree, it's not pretty right now but it seemed like they just weren't ready for next-gen...no one was. look at BF4, it was a disaster. but overall, i think the time was right, more wait wasn't going to be better.

Elite Member

before i start, those GT5 shots are $#@!ty lol so i don't get the comparison. you could compare those with GT3 and they'll look worse lol.
    You could take the best GT5 shots in the world and it won't change the fact that the car is wrong.

secondly, when people say GT5 is photorealistic, it means that it is photorealistic in the 'gaming world' because there's no better comparison so don't take it that seriously.
    Translation: When YOU say something is photorealistic, you only mean that YOU think it's photorealistic until someone proves how wrong you are, and then you try to pass it off as "oh, I didn't really mean it looked photorealistic".

Do you know what it's called when you say something that isn't true?

it's just that it's the closest thing we have to real life (in looks).
    Really?

Wow, that looks just like a photo! I'm so amazed at the incredible graphics! Amazing!!!

Or not.

It's not even the best we have. Maybe the best a Playstation fanboy like you might have, but certainly not the best a PC gamer has.

Do you think the next Gran Turismo game might actually have grass rather than a flat 2D green texture? Looks like every track in the game is built of a field of astroturf. Skid marks on the tarmac would be nice too, real tracks have those. Forza's had them since the original Xbox.

also about physics, lol ok dude, that is your opinion, just like IGN has their own opinion about GT5:
    Well, perhaps if IGN actually reviewed PC racing sims you might have a point. However, they don't.

Jalopnik does though. In their top 10 "Most Realistic Driving Simulators" list Forza comes in #9 and GT comes in at #8.

http://jalopnik.com/5955197/the-most...ur-living-room
    Last edited by Completely Average; 11-30-2013 at 18:24.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Not many games have real grass. It usually mostly textures or sprites or a mixture.

Anyway this is a Forza 4 vs Forza 5 thread not vs gran Turismo.

Forum Overseer

@Completely Average, PM me if you want to continue this dribble, too OT.

You could take the best GT5 shots in the world and it won't change the fact that the car is wrong.
    did you see that video? you can't even see the entire $#@!pit. is that pic your basis? you do realize that the bottom one's camera was in the middle and the top one's was from the driver's perspective, and you can't even see halfway down the GT5 video, how can you even make a comparison there? all i see is the bump in the middle of the dashboard which is accurate, not sure what your basis is here.

Translation: When YOU say something is photorealistic, you only mean that YOU think it's photorealistic until someone proves how wrong you are, and then you try to pass it off as "oh, I didn't really mean it looked photorealistic".

Do you know what it's called when you say something that isn't true?
    1) that's not what I said.
    2) calm down lol, why so serious?
    3) go back to my post and read what i said.

Really?

Wow, that looks just like a photo! I'm so amazed at the incredible graphics! Amazing!!!

Or not.
    good job, you just posted a $#@!ty screenshot to prove your point lol. do you even own this game dude? that map is actually a port from the PS2 version, but you wouldn't know that because you probably have never played this game or series. you seem to base your opinions on $#@!ty screenshots from the web.

This is GT5 Prologue, not even 5.

GT5 in replay

Gran Turismo 5 Is The Most Photorealistic Game Ever Created

Spa Francorchamps Looks Photorealistic in Gran Turismo 5

Gran Turismo 5: Photorealistic Isn't A Good Enough Adjective For These Screenshots

Gran Turismo on PS3 look better than a Gaming rig with a GTX 580? Screen Shots!

Video Thirst: Gran Turismo 5 Trailer Shows Photorealism

METACRITIC:

Quote Originally Posted by PS lifestyle
    Kaz Yamauchi's passion for the racing sphere shines through every aspect of the game. The incredibly-detailed cars, the slick presentation, the spot-on physics. Polyphony Digital brought its A-game. Nothing else on the market can come close to the realism and immersion you feel throughout. Gran Turismo 5 is virtual racing at its very best.
    Quote Originally Posted by destructoid
    The level of care taken by the people at Polyphony Digital shines in every aspect of this title, and this makes for a racing game that truly has no parallel.
    Quote Originally Posted by PS Extreme
    There are simply features and options that Gran Turismo offers that no other racing game does.
    Quote Originally Posted by XGN
    Gran Turismo 5 is an extremely realistic racing game that has a lot of options.
    and i wish i had more time because there are dozens of these out there. i guess the entire internet is a bunch of fanboys and no no no, you are right sir. that picture shows how crazy the whole internet is and how right and un-fanboyish you are.

It's not even the best we have. Maybe the best a Playstation fanboy like you might have, but certainly not the best a PC gamer has.

lol what is your point? You're going to show me a game that's coming out for next-gen? big whoop lol. Did I ever claim that it was better than next-gen? How sad it is that you have to show footage of a game that's not even out yet, to compare with a game that came out in 2010 on a console that came out in 2006. that's a compliment.

Do you think the next Gran Turismo game might actually have grass rather than a flat 2D green texture? Looks like every track in the game is built of a field of astroturf. Skid marks on the tarmac would be nice too, real tracks have those. Forza's had them since the original Xbox.
    lol confirmed that you have never owned GT5. Not only the tracks have skid marks, they also have grass...again you're looking at web shots that are from the maps that were taken straight from the PS2 versions and given a face lift.

Well, perhaps if IGN actually reviewed PC racing sims you might have a point. However, they don't.

Jalopnik does though. In their top 10 "Most Realistic Driving Simulators" list Forza comes in #9 and GT comes in at #8.

http://jalopnik.com/5955197/the-most...ur-living-room
    lol i figured what this was all about. do you realize you're comparing nascar/F1/rally to sports cars? good job sir. of course it won't be as realistic if you compare those aspects!

nascar, F1 and rally are a very small alternatives in GT5, they're nowhere near the core of the game. to expect those to excel is silly. not to mention, they're talking about "simulation" (as in, your car doesn't bump against the wall like in GT5 which is done on purpose for the casuals and having extra features that would make the game more true to life, things that pertain to F1/Nascar/Rally!), not necessarily car physics, which is what editors were saying about GT5. please understand the difference here.

and what makes you think IGN doesn't know about PC racers?

http://www.ign.com/games/gtr-2/pc-794327

oh lookie here. yea dude, nice try. if they make a comment where they call something the most realistic racer out there, they aren't just saying out there on the "PS3". they have a reputation to go with. and they're not the only ones saying it like i mentioned above, i actually took out the comments that pertained to its car physics/realism.

it seems you can't take this fact and have found every little straw of grass to hang on to hate on the series. dem fighting words, keep it up.
    Last edited by Omar; 11-30-2013 at 20:07. Reason: added title

Forum Overseer
    By the way, Project Cars looks $#@!ing amazing. I didn't even realize the details this game had. Definitely beats both DC and Forza 5 so far.

I had argued with BBK that DC looked about the same, which I will agree that I was wrong about. As of right now, Project Cars definitely is the king. Really makes me happy about next-gen and people who think that the graphics aren't going to get a lot better, please take note. We're not even remotely there yet.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    i agree, it's not pretty right now but it seemed like they just weren't ready for next-gen...no one was. look at BF4, it was a disaster. but overall, i think the time was right, more wait wasn't going to be better.
    I don't believe that all I saw are a bunch of spoiled kids saying I WANT PS4 NOW talking about the devs with that statement, and BF4 for PS4 isn't a disappointment, but if you go looking you'll find out for yourself the Dev's became lazy with these last games coming out for PS3 and want people to switch to PS4 that bad.

Just in General got my hands on F1 2012 for PC yesterday, and although it's on my laptop if I ported it over to my PC I could clearly see how that game even though it's multi-platform would wipe GT5 off the map. I don't know about GT6 yet(got high hopes since GT5 was such a disappointment for me).
    Last edited by Arimax; 11-30-2013 at 21:55.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Guys lets keep it to forza 4 vs forza 5 please

On topic: I though Forza 5 was using a static shadow but in the end of the first clip you see the dynamic shadow moving

20. Likes Cuguy , Lethal likes this post

nice, Forza 5 is my favourite!

Thread Information