Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Feminism is getting more attention than it actually needs. Genders equality is what it should be looked at.

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    How old are you? Over 18? If you are then guess what.... You are an adult woman who is relying on a MAN to support you. Not very feministic if you ask me.
    First off, he's not supporting me. I live in his house, but I pay 1/3 of the bills and my other bills. I pay half of the internet with my mother because his sorry ass won't be fair. The crap is in his name.

Did you know "rights" concerns more than just the law and legal issues?

Hmmm, two men SLAM the door in your face for absolutely no reason at all.

Sorry, but in my 44 years on this earth I have never once seen that happen. I've seen people get doors slammed in their faces before, but never twice, and never with no reason at all for it happening.
    Second off, they did this because I am a WOMAN. It's obvious! Everyone in this town knows you're supposed to hold the door open for a woman and that's NOT SOMETHING WOMEN came up with. If so, men have a choice whether or not to do it. Either way, slamming the door in any woman's face, including the other women in this town and their wives, is not cool.

What would you do if your wife came to this town and got the door slammed or shut in her face and you saw it? What if they started making rude cat calls and calling her a "freak" because she is an outsider?

And girls NEVER call other people names, right? Girls are NEVER bullies, right?
    Do girl athletes do that? Do you know any girl athletes telling men or men athletes "Suck my you know what"?

If so, how many out of 10 or 100 do that? Now compare it to the men athletes.

I hear rumors about things that black people do all of the time. Should I believe all of those rumors just like you believe this one?
    Okay, let's say it's not a rumor. Let's say this really happened and the town spread the word. Let's say the police actually came out there.

I don't think you know what rights are. You certainly haven't given a single example of men having more than women. Can you slam doors in the face of men? Can you be verbally abusive towards men? Can you tell rumors about men? Then you have all of the same rights as the men you are complaining about. You can do everything that they can do. You ARE EQUAL.
    I can slam the door in the face of a man, get my ass beat about it, and the police won't do $#@!. I can call a man an "asshole" and he can from then on stalk and harass me and the police turn their heads. I can tell rumors about men, but he post videos or pics of me and the police turn a blind eye.

Rights is more than just laws and legal issues.

Oh right. And I'm sure none of these sex-trade women got into the business under their own accord and own choice, right? They were all little innocent girls and all virgins until they were kidnapped by pimps, right?
    What about the ones who weren't? What about the ones who were innocent and virgins and pimps preyed on them?

Yeah, you're not very well educated, are you?

Men have ALWAYS had a far higher suicide rate than women. In the US, the rate has been as high as 10:1. Ten males commit suicide for every 1 female. Furthermore, females are 21% more likely to receive mental health treatment than males. It's ALWAYS been that way.

Like most conspiracy theories, yours is based in uneducated ignorance and couldn't be more wrong. Typical of a "feminist".
    Then why are suicides and mental illnesses all the sudden being blown up?

I'm not even a feminist. I'm just a normal woman discussing feminism. To tell you the truth, that's some bull$#@!. If you defend the rights of women, you're classified as a feminist. What does that make men who do that?

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    And what's this about rape culture I'm hearing about so often around colleges? Yes, it is a place where that can happen, but it seems to me, a lot of generalizations are being made against men regarding rape, if you meet certain criteria, even if it's as innocent as going to the pub with friends.
    It's not only a place where it CAN happen, it's a place where it DOES happen. My former college required I take an alcohol course and it featured information about sex and consensual sex. Women, though some men, get raped a LOT at these frat parties and parties in general. They never report it because they KNOW these frat boys and boys in general have the police and laws and even the college in their pockets.

Pubs? That's a bar right? Don't get me started on bars. That's considered to some as RAPE CAPITAL! Spiking people's drinks and everything!

In fact, about rape culture in college, there's an ongoing case against a Florida State football player where he raped a girl and she's catching hell from the people who should be supporting her! He raped her, the DNA and all the evidence points to rape!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    My only nitpick is that I think men are, actually, being slightly left behind when it comes towards elevating their status. We're still basically stuck in the same gender archetype we've always been in (expendable, women and children to the lifeboats, worth is measured in $$$, etc).
    I thought that's what men wanted? I mean, you brag about how many women you bone and then you leave the woman because you don't want a relationship with her. That covers expendable.

Lifeboats to women and children? Not saying this is every man, but you don't want a relationship with the woman and you probably wouldn't want one from the child if it wasn't for child support. That covers life boats.

Worth is measured in money. I thought it was men who buy shiny, expensive cars, throw benjamins at women in the strip club, and brag to their bros how much they make and which females they had. That covers measured in money worth.

Again, not saying all men are like this, you get the picture.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    In fact, about rape culture in college, there's an ongoing case against a Florida State football player where he raped a girl and she's catching hell from the people who should be supporting her! He raped her, the DNA and all the evidence points to rape!
    3 Duke Lacrosse Players would like a word with you.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Friendship is Carrots
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    Yeah, you're not very well educated, are you?
    It's not like exact suicide statistics are common knowledge.

Second off, they did this because I am a WOMAN. It's obvious! Everyone in this town knows you're supposed to hold the door open for a woman and that's NOT SOMETHING WOMEN came up with. If so, men have a choice whether or not to do it.
    I'm actually inclined to believe you, because I've asked other women about this kind of stuff and they all said it's true. You get douchebag guy who do harass women when no one is looking. Most men won't believe it because they simple never see it happen, and even I still find it a bit incredulous

I can slam the door in the face of a man, get my ass beat about it, and the police won't do $#@!. I can call a man an "asshole" and he can from then on stalk and harass me and the police turn their heads. I can tell rumors about men, but he post videos or pics of me and the police turn a blind eye.
    That definitely doesn't seem accurate. Police will jump and do back-flips at the chance to protect a woman, especially in comparison of the victim being a man.

To tell you the truth, that's some bull$#@!. If you defend the rights of women, you're classified as a feminist. What does that make men who do that?
    Defending men's rights are called masculinists (masculism). I know, it's a weird word. Regardless, that too is part of the problem as it's only focusing on one side of the coin.

This isn't rape culture though. This is our society being stupidly obsessed with people who can run fast and throw balls really well. Football players and prisoners are about the only people in this country who can be exempt from rape. But the former is simply allowed, whereas many times the latter is even encouraged in regards to men being raped. That is certainly rape culture.

I thought that's what men wanted? I mean, you brag about how many women you bone and then you leave the woman because you don't want a relationship with her. That covers expendable
    What person wants to be valued because of their monetary worth? Who wants to be expendable? What young boy wants to be told, "You're a boy, dammit, so suck it up!" when he's upset? If there's a guy who puts himself before a woman in a dangerous scenario, he'll be frowned upon by society. Why is his life worth less in that regard, and why is it his fault that he wanted to also live?
    Last edited by Nerevar; 12-01-2013 at 21:54.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Forum Sage

It's okay about being short.

One question:

Do you think if I lived in New York, New York I would:
    go through the same thing?
    And go through it the same amount of times?
    I think you'd be treated the same in New York. The problem with people you've come into contact with is that they never received their ass whooping(s) as kids and they WEREN'T brought up right at all. I would have received the belt AND had my mouth washed out with soap if I ever talked to a woman like the way you've been talked to. I'll be damned if I ever let my kids talk to someone like you've been talked to either.

I take the stance. If I can't have your respect, I'll own your fear. Perhaps you may be served well to take this approach yourself. Start carrying a taser, mace and get your license for a firearm and don't back down when you get talked to like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    That's not accurate at all. Feminism is what gave women in this country the right to vote and to be paid equally. It also brought to light the widespread problem of rape, which before the 1970's was not well recognized by society and the court. It has helped equalize women to men in responsible and meaningful ways.

Feminism was not, and is not, a movement to usurp men. You're thinking of the crazy, radical women that claim to be feminists, but are actual just man-haters.

Yes. That reason is sexism.
    A few points of contention I think you should look into.

1. True women's rights was started in the 1920s.

2. Feminism was kick started in the 1950s and one of the major drivers of this were Hollywood starlets like Marlyn Monroe (Marlyn was a feminist and I think you'd be appalled to read some of the things she said in support of feminism)

3. Feminism isn't really so much to do with man-hating as thinking women are superior to men and that their status in society should reflect this.

4. The true women's rights movement was more than about voting. A lot of the movement did have to deal with post-war employment and equal compensation thereof. Women proved that they were just as adept to the factory work men did as their male counterparts and they correctly and wisely lobbied for the equal treatment thereof and for the right to seek employment in the fields they so desired and were skilled in.

Another aspect was with regards to civil and criminal law. Unfortunately, some civil and criminal aspects of these rights weren't really recognized until the 1970s as you succinctly pointed out with the topic of rape.

5. If you really look into both criminal and civil law today, you'd see the disparity between the sexes and you'd then note that feminism is responsible for the laws being biased today. Unfortunately, many of these laws are in direct contravention to the 14th amendment. Feminism sought this from its onset.

8. Likes Mael Duin, Lebowski , The Black Wolf likes this post
    Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    It's not only a place where it CAN happen, it's a place where it DOES happen.
    Yeah, I think I was implying that. Thanks for making it more clear, I'm sure everyone thought I was being vague.

Since last spring, an expansive network of student activists has emerged to fight "rape culture" and change the way universities respond to cases of sexual misconduct. However, as universities reexamine their sexual assault policies, administrators should be wary of the demands of these "rape culture" activists. Not only is their movement built on a foundation of dubious statistics and a distorted view of masculinity, but it has already led to policies that have proved devastating to those who have been falsely accused.

Activists claim that reform is urgent because one in five women will be raped during her time at college.

But is it accurate? Statistics surrounding sexual assault are notoriously unreliable and inconsistent, primarily because of vague and expansive definitions of what qualifies as sexual assault. Christina Hoff Sommers of the American Enterprise Institute explains that the study often cited as the origin of the "one in five" factoid is an online survey conducted under a grant from the Justice Department. Surveyors employed such a broad definition that "'forced kissing" and even "attempted forced kissing" qualified as sexual assault.

The Bureau of Justice Statistics' "Violent Victimization of College Students" report tells a different and more plausible story about campus culture. During the years surveyed, 1995-2002, the DOJ found that there were six rapes or sexual assaults per thousand per year. Across the nation's four million female college students, that comes to about one victim in forty students. Other DOJ statistics show that the overall rape rate is in sharp decline: since 1995, the estimated rate of female rape or sexual assault victimizations has decreased by about 60 percent.

Of course, there are still far too many college women who are victims of sexual assault. But there's little evidence to support the claim that campus rape is an "epidemic"
    Despite it all being imaginary, there are some very real victims, like the dude pictured above:
    In January 2010, University of North Dakota student Caleb Warner was accused of sexually assaulting a fellow student. A UND tribunal determined that Warner was guilty of misconduct, and he was swiftly suspended from school and banned from setting foot on campus for three years. Yet the police – presented with the same evidence – were so unconvinced of Warner's guilt that they refused to bring criminal charges against him. Instead, they charged his accuser with filing a false report and issued a warrant for her arrest. Warner's accuser fled town and failed to appear to answer the charges.

Despite these developments, the university repeatedly rejected Warner's requests for a rehearing. Finally, a year and a half later, UND reexamined Warner's case and determined that their finding of guilt was "not substantiated" – but only after the civil liberties group FIRE intervened and launched a national campaign on Warner's behalf.
    And why did Mr. Warner find himself in such dire straits after having been merely accused--not never convicted, never even tried--of sexual assault? Particularly after it became obvious that the accusation was one of the 15%? Because the rape culture hysteria activists have been successful at having universities set up extra-judicial committees engineered to railroad accused students and generate scalps for rape culture mavens (and funding for womyn's studies departments):
    Across the country, students accused of sexual assault are regularly tried before inadequate and unjust campus judiciaries. At most schools, cases of sexual misconduct are decided by a committee of as few as three students, faculty members or administrators. At Swarthmore College, volunteers are now being solicited via email to serve on the Sexual Assault and Harassment Hearing Panel. Such a panel is far more likely to yield gender violence activists than impartial fact finders. In a court of law, we rely on procedural safeguards to ensure unbiased jury selection and due process. What's more, campus judiciaries operate under a dangerously low standard of proof for sexual assault cases, thanks to federal mandates. Since April 2011, the Department of Education has required institutions to consider cases of sexual misconduct under a "preponderance of evidence" standard (rather than a higher "clear and convincing" standard, which was commonly used prior to the new guidelines) [This was the notorious "Dear Colleague" letter--EW]. This means that if a majority of committee members believe it is just slightly more likely than not that a sexual assault occurred, they must side with the accuser.
    "Rape culture" is like (pejorative) "patriarchy" or even modern conceptions of "racism" or "sexism"...it is phantasmal, a fictional creation using semantically powerful words meant to organize communities and inflame demographics, but not a real phenomenon. For certain, however, university disciplinary panels staffed with womyn's studies acolytes will not fail to find hordes of accused men guilty based upon the lowest threshold of evidence possible, thereby animating the fiction and supporting the rape culture hysteria narrative.
    http://elusivewapiti.blogspot.ca/201...s-studies.html

So let's flip the coin because men get raped too, but that hardly gets any attention.

10. Likes Morganator likes this post
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    Yeah, I think I was implying that. Thanks for making it more clear, I'm sure everyone thought I was being vague.
    Nope, if you were implying that then you WERE being vague. Very vague.

http://elusivewapiti.blogspot.ca/201...s-studies.html

So let's flip the coin because men get raped too, but that hardly gets any attention.
    First off, is that a blog? Are you using a "blog" as a source?

Okay, let's look at that side of the coin, though that has nothing to do with feminism and women's rights.

Men DO get raped, we know that. EVERYONE gets raped. Male female, child adult, black white, etc. Here's the thing,

1. How many men get raped per year? How many women are raped per year?
    2. What are the chances that a man will be raped BEFORE a woman is raped, in ANY situation?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    I think you'd be treated the same in New York. The problem with people you've come into contact with is that they never received their ass whooping(s) as kids and they WEREN'T brought up right at all. I would have received the belt AND had my mouth washed out with soap if I ever talked to a woman like the way you've been talked to. I'll be damned if I ever let my kids talk to someone like you've been talked to either.

I take the stance. If I can't have your respect, I'll own your fear. Perhaps you may be served well to take this approach yourself. Start carrying a taser, mace and get your license for a firearm and don't back down when you get talked to like that.
    I agree wholeheartedly with everything you just said, except one thing: I just do not believe that would happen to me in New York and I think that kind of stuff is rare in places not named the "Dirty South".

Good post good sir!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    I'm actually inclined to believe you, because I've asked other women about this kind of stuff and they all said it's true. You get douchebag guy who do harass women when no one is looking. Most men won't believe it because they simple never see it happen, and even I still find it a bit incredulous
    Women don't say anything about because
    1. It's a waste of time or resources because nothing gets done
    2. It could make the situation worse if number 1 takes place

That definitely doesn't seem accurate. Police will jump and do back-flips at the chance to protect a woman, especially in comparison of the victim being a man.
    It's the truth. I know for sure in the South that certain people in power do whatever they please. Klu Klux Klan is still active, police are crooked, etc. You just don't understand, people here do whatever they want. I've seen a Klan rally and the police actually make sure they can "protest" in peace while the black panthers get kicked out of town by the same law enforcement.

Defending men's rights are called masculinists (masculism). I know, it's a weird word. Regardless, that too is part of the problem as it's only focusing on one side of the coin.
    I think "sexist" is more like it. Any woman who defends her rights thinks she's "superior"? Please.

This isn't rape culture though. This is our society being stupidly obsessed with people who can run fast and throw balls really well. Football players and prisoners are about the only people in this country who can be exempt from rape. But the former is simply allowed, whereas many times the latter is even encouraged in regards to men being raped. That is certainly rape culture.
    Then what is rape culture? If rape culture is not allowing certain prestigious and powerful people to get away with rape, molestations, and prostitution, what is it?

What person wants to be valued because of their monetary worth? Who wants to be expendable? What young boy wants to be told, "You're a boy, dammit, so suck it up!" when he's upset? If there's a guy who puts himself before a woman in a dangerous scenario, he'll be frowned upon by society. Why is his life worth less in that regard, and why is it his fault that he wanted to also live?
    Some men DO. Rappers want devalue each other based on who cashes what size check. Executives who cheat and beat on their wives commit white collar crimes like scheme people out of billions of dollars and wear rolexs and thousands of dollar suits.

Do you know how many girls wish that's ALL her parents would tell her when she's crying? Let me tell you a little secret, believe it or not, but parents in the South ABUSE their children, especially little girls! Step parents rape and molest little girls ALL the damn time!

That is a bunch of bull$#@!! Men put themselves before women all the time and other men, sadly women, root them on! A man can subscribe to playboy and his homeboys and his girlfriend cheer him on, but if I were to subscribe to playgirl, I'd be labeled everything bad in the dictionary. They're actually encouraging their sons to put themselves before women. Bros before hos, you know?

His life ain't worth less and no one is saying that.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by $Greatness$ View Post
    3 Duke Lacrosse Players would like a word with you.
    So the FLST guy is innocent?

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    So the FLST guy is innocent?
    No, but he hasn't been proven guilty, and honestly by the way things have popped up old girl was out for the payday, but in regards to your situation at least from what I've been reading. Those guys do that to girls over here in GA as well talking about calling girls all kinds of names and what not.

The ones that fall for it are those same kind that end up damaged goods in the future. Me personally either way I feel embarrassed for them all as in the future let's just say they have none.

I do understand where you're coming from about Police being crooked that's something most blacks know just first hand in the south heck let me not even stop there that's something people in the south know period.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Nope, if you were implying that then you WERE being vague. Very vague.
    No, I wasn't being vague, you were reading between some non-existent lines. Do I need to be clear because it seems you're the only one who didn't understand where I was getting at with that and got all pent up like I offended you for something that didn't have that context.

Let me be clear, again.

Rape can happen in college, university. Can, being, it does because of the clubs and pubs in there, but it's not limited to just the college, it can happen elsewhere too, which is why there is a rape culture around post secondary institutions.

First off, is that a blog? Are you using a "blog" as a source?
    I can already tell you didn't even bother to click on the link by that. And yes, believe it or not, some blogs are okay sources if I'm not using statistical data. But at least, I have a source. So far, you haven't posted any, so you're in no position to dismiss mine. And what the $#@! is this, debate club? I'll post what's relevant to my point, blog or credible new source, which can also be biased, believe it or not.

Men DO get raped, we know that. EVERYONE gets raped. Male female, child adult, black white, etc. Here's the thing,

1. How many men get raped per year? How many women are raped per year?
    2. What are the chances that a man will be raped BEFORE a woman is raped, in ANY situation?
    Hmm, okay. I don't seem to remember mentioning a comparison in my OP. You still missed my point. How much media coverage does a male rape get? Better yet, how much justice does the female rapist get?

And two, men who meet certain criteria like age and where they hang out or whether they're more social are more expected, by the opposite sex, to be potential rapists. It's literally gender stereotyping.

Or, another situation. A guy with a beard, possibly overweight, is sitting with a kid in the playground. He's suddenly labelled a paedophile by the self-righteous soccer moms hanging out with their kids at the playground. And he's probably divorced, or I dunno, just being a father to his daughter or son?

Double standards much?

So, yeah, don't even presume I'm talking about a comparison between who gets raped more. It's bad either way, I know that. But who gets a better deal when the man is raped; the female.

I'm all for equal rights and that also happens to mean equal prison time for the opposite gender and less gender stereotyping. Because it goes both ways.
    Last edited by Lebowski; 12-02-2013 at 05:36.

Elite Guru
    Couple of tidbits to add to the conversation.

Isn't the Duke Lacrosse accuser currently up on murder charges?
    Didn't the term 'rape culture' first see the light of day as a reference to prison rape?
    Isn't the sex toy industry for women absolutely massive, whereas a man will likely be ridiculed for buying sex toys for themselves (i.e. 'flesh-lights' or whatever they're called, or sex dolls?)
    Is it not true that some western countries (i.e. UK) don't actually acknowledge male rape in the legal definition? (the wording is specific on penetration, I believe)

Friendship is Carrots
    It's the truth. I know for sure in the South that certain people in power do whatever they please. Klu Klux Klan is still active, police are crooked, etc. You just don't understand, people here do whatever they want. I've seen a Klan rally and the police actually make sure they can "protest" in peace while the black panthers get kicked out of town by the same law enforcement.
    You don't need to preach to me about what the South is like. I live here too. The Klu Klux Klan is a joke and has been for decades. And yes, women are generally favored over men when it comes to police investigation and protection here in America. That's readily obvious.

I think "sexist" is more like it. Any woman who defends her rights thinks she's "superior"? Please.
    Advocating for gender-specific equality doesn't make you a sexist. It's only when you believe your gender deserves better than the other.

Then what is rape culture? If rape culture is not allowing certain prestigious and powerful people to get away with rape, molestations, and prostitution, what is it?
    Rape culture is an exaggeration that misconstrues the context of the scenario, effectively operating as a misnomer. The name of the expression itself implies that in regards to rape it's something expected, wanted, or operated as a normalized function. This is not the case. In situations involving those football player,s they're allowed to get away with the crime because they're football players -- not because rape is being accepted. They could have easily assaulted any person, stolen, or perhaps even committed murder yet still receive little to no penalty.

Does this suddenly mean that we have a x-culture for those things too? No, of course not. To state that would be entirely dishonest. As I've said before, the only 'rape culture' (and this is where the term originates from, actually) in this society is men being raped in prison. How often do you hear comments like, "I hope that $#@!er drops the soap. Hurrhurr," or any possible variant of that? Not only is it wanted and encouraged, but it's very much overlooked when it does happen. The idea of men being raped or sexually assaulted is not taken seriously at all.

Some men DO. Rappers want devalue each other based on who cashes what size check. Executives who cheat and beat on their wives commit white collar crimes like scheme people out of billions of dollars and wear rolexs and thousands of dollar suits.
    Yes, some. Those are what we call degenerates. They're usually shallow human beings.

Do you know how many girls wish that's ALL her parents would tell her when she's crying? Let me tell you a little secret, believe it or not, but parents in the South ABUSE their children, especially little girls! Step parents rape and molest little girls ALL the damn time!
    And boys, too. Not sure what this has to do with the subject at hand though.

That is a bunch of bull$#@!! Men put themselves before women all the time and other men, sadly women, root them on! A man can subscribe to playboy and his homeboys and his girlfriend cheer him on, but if I were to subscribe to playgirl, I'd be labeled everything bad in the dictionary. They're actually encouraging their sons to put themselves before women. Bros before hos, you know?
    You obviously don't know what it's like to be man.

This wasn't about silly nonsense like playboy and "bros before hos" (which, by the way, just means don't forgo your real friends for a temporary come-and-go girl). This is about situations where someone lives, dies, or gets hurt. This has literally been the case since the dawn of our species and before (females have long been valued more than men because they can make more offspring). Men are, by evolutionary standards, innately expendable. This has always been the case, and while that kind of setup is no longer necessary with 7 billion people, the mentality has a hold on the way boys and girls are still raised. Yes, boys are trained to be the ones to take the fall if necessary. We're told to be strong and do what needs to be done. To do anything less is considered 'unmanly' or even downright shameful.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Forum Sage

I agree wholeheartedly with everything you just said, except one thing: I just do not believe that would happen to me in New York and I think that kind of stuff is rare in places not named the "Dirty South".

Good post good sir!
    Hon, I think you'd be surprised at just how much "dirty" you can really see, up in New York. The thing is and it's unfortunate too, is that wherever you go, their will be dirty parts where people just don't have any respect or courtesy towards others. It's not a geographical boundary. As much as it may surprise/upset/contradict you, it's always been an individual issue. There are just people who haven't been brought up right and societal factors like living in the boondocks, ghettos, suburbia or big and fancy looking cities have nothing to do with these behaviors whatsoever. Sometimes, people need an ass whooping, with a switch from the nearest tree.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Oh c'mon this can't die already! This is a good thread!

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    Oh c'mon this can't die already! This is a good thread!
    It's because we've only had one person in here defend feminism. Post this thread on GAF and it would be much different. lol

Super Elite
    Lol this reminds me a couple of years ago when there was a fathers for justice campaign here in the UK and Tony Blair wasn't on their side, yet a couple of years later he admitted to being a Roman Catholic which is one of the religions that still ban women from being preachers. I think there is a lot of double standards that men and women both will not admit to.
    Last edited by MacP; 12-05-2013 at 20:58.
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    It's because we've only had one person in here defend feminism. Post this thread on GAF and it would be much different. lol
    True, there's a remarkable amount of common sense around these parts.. Or just absolutely no women to protest.

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Quote Originally Posted by *goo View Post
    Couple of tidbits to add to the conversation.

Isn't the Duke Lacrosse accuser currently up on murder charges?
    Didn't the term 'rape culture' first see the light of day as a reference to prison rape?
    Isn't the sex toy industry for women absolutely massive, whereas a man will likely be ridiculed for buying sex toys for themselves (i.e. 'flesh-lights' or whatever they're called, or sex dolls?)
    Is it not true that some western countries (i.e. UK) don't actually acknowledge male rape in the legal definition? (the wording is specific on penetration, I believe)
    I think its also incredible hard for a man to report rape, because if the man ejaculates during the event in question,can cause the case to be dropped if I remember correctly

Thank you itachi

PSU Reviews Editor, Hit Series Creator
    PSN ID
    MelegantPrime
    Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post
    I think its also incredible hard for a man to report rape, because if the man ejaculates during the event in question,can cause the case to be dropped if I remember correctly
    I don't think that is the case, but if it was it'd be really stupid. It'd be like saying a woman orgasmed during rape thus giving consent. They did a really good episode of Law and Order: SVU on the very topic of males being raped, and the stigma's behind it.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Azrael666
    Items DoomPlayStationDiablo IIIBlizzardDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Fedora wearing whiteknights...

27. Likes Ixion likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Kingstoph
    Items Vita
    Glossing over the entire thead here and responding to the actual name of the thread.

No, Equal rights all the way, but Modern feminism has become diluted with crazys, people that franticly search for things when they arnt there. Claiming things are Sexist and women hating when they arnt, or often asuming a certain kind of crime is a hate thing instead of.. *Drumroll* a Crime!

Eg.

"That man is a Rapist because he raped a woman, he did it because he is a man who hates women!"
    "No, he did it because he is a rapist and deserves to get a very brutal and unrelenting punishment."

Also,

you're supposed to hold the door open for a woman
    Cant women in your town open your own doors? I mean i open doors all the time, i often walk though them. im not gonna run over to aid some brainless retard who cant understand a push sign, if they cant do it on their own then maybe its best they dont use the door. they might accidently suffocate on the air.
    There once was a man named Sidney, he used to collect shells on the beach. everything was going well for him. untill he stopped and took a look, he had a glance and a stare and realised he what he was reading.
    It was a forum signature full of nonsense

Thread Information