Latest PSU headlines:

PSU Live Streamer

Has anyone here actually learned guitar from rocksmith?

I'm talking, you didn't know guitar. You bought a guitar and this game. Now you know guitar.

Anyone?
    I'm curious on the success rate behind this product and what it is selling.

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

Apprentice

This game is pretty tight for learning. My perspective is different than what you are looking for though, I was playing for years before this series came out so for me it's more about excercising in a fun way and keeping the rust off rather than actual learning. Also good for excercising proper techniques for advanced players...you can get into some lazy habits after a while f you are not careful and the game brought me back to some proper techniques in some cases.

As for beginners, I went on plenty of forums when I was playing this a lot and many beginners seemed to have a good time and be able to learn quite easily with it. Check posts on reddit and gamefaqs specifically, those places had a fair amount of activity and you can use search to find posts from people who were absolute beginners when they bought the game. Its a niche market for this title though, so you may also want to check the xbox and pc forums as well as no one forum has TOO may posts on this particular title.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by shepard View Post
    I'm talking, you didn't know guitar. You bought a guitar and this game. Now you know guitar.

Anyone?
    I'm curious on the success rate behind this product and what it is selling.
    so my uncle got this for me for xmas and i'm a beginner. i think it's awesome. it's like getting personal guitar lessons at my own pace. i've read on gamefaqs forums about experienced players who enjoy it because they can "shred" and whatnot. also, it is very *game*-ish in the sense that you progress as you go... it's not just a "how to learn guitar" program. hope that helps?

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Hoping to get it for the ps4 hopefully...never got round to gettin it for the ps3 sadly...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Apprentice

I'm not sure if they will release it for ps4, I haven't seen anything on that. Did you get rid of your ps3?

PSN ID
    croatoa
    I have the game for the ps3 and I had a basic knowledge of a few chords but I definitely think this is one of the best programs you can use to learn guitar other than actually taking lessons. The game starts you out on a very easy difficulty and modifies the difficulty to accommodate you if you are doing well or struggling. The more difficult you make the song the closer you get to playing the real thing. Now the only problem with it is that it is dependant on you to play the game regularly to maintain your calluses and your chops aka just keep practicing.In that sense the game will only be effective if you keep at it, just like learning the guitar in real life :P That said it's a great game and a very good teacher so if you want to learn the guitar this is the thing for you. And yes I have learned quite a few things but PS3 fell to the wayside when PS4 came out so I will be getting back into it later on

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by TheCake View Post
    I'm not sure if they will release it for ps4, I haven't seen anything on that. Did you get rid of your ps3?
    this is one of those games that probably wouldn't make a huge difference between ps3 and ps4.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCake View Post
    No. I still have my ps3 but am giving it away...

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by jj03 View Post
    No. I still have my ps3 but am giving it away...
    Got it. Well then, here's to hoping for a ps4 version then!

Thread Information