Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 35
  1. #1
    Member
    IshTing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Sheffield
    PSN ID
    IshTing
    Age
    24
    Posts
    133
    Rep Power
    9
    Points
    2,094 (0 Banked)

    Eminem - Rap God Official Video



    Still epic.

  2. Likes Barrett likes this post
  3. #2
    Master Sage
    Bitbydeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    32
    Posts
    14,489
    Rep Power
    133
    Points
    47,410 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Was just about to post this.
    Album has got to be his best in a long time.
    "So Far" is one of my favs

  4. #3
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,932
    Rep Power
    134
    Points
    6,813,331 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Love the album and especially Rap God and this video was excellent.

  5. #4
    Master Sage
    Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bowling
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Posts
    13,144
    Rep Power
    110
    Points
    22,681 (0 Banked)
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Love the Max Headroom costume in this vid. Eminem is a boss.


  6. #5
    Veteran

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Switzerland
    PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Posts
    4,129
    Rep Power
    62
    Points
    95,216 (4,000 Banked)
    Dont really understand why everybody likes it so much, maybe just because of that very quick verse he spits near the end. In my opinion eminem is already old, his music sounds over-saturated to me.

  7. Likes MartyRules likes this post
  8. #6
    Master Sage
    Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bowling
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Posts
    13,144
    Rep Power
    110
    Points
    22,681 (0 Banked)
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    Dont really understand why everybody likes it so much, maybe just because of that very quick verse he spits near the end. In my opinion eminem is already old, his music sounds over-saturated to me.
    blasphemy!! heed such words from your wretched thoughts about the king

    He was bad during relapse, I didn't like that album, and then this makes up for that and Refill, ten fold. So, like, a lot. It's $#@!ing awesome what he does on this track and several others on this album. I don't care if he's old. The Beatles were old too, and people still listened to them, even after they split up, so that's no excuse.


  9. #7
    Superior Member
    MartyRules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    El Paso, TX
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    Posts
    838
    Rep Power
    29
    Points
    103,753 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    Dont really understand why everybody likes it so much, maybe just because of that very quick verse he spits near the end. In my opinion eminem is already old, his music sounds over-saturated to me.
    People that stopped listening to rap as much and the people that don't look and only hear what they're fed falling for the not much good rap out there anymore seem to be the majority of people that like it. It was alright along with the album. I still don't know why this form doesn't have a rap/hip-hop thread, I guess it's not a big genre on here

    Edit- I don't agree with the being old part, as a lot of the ogs haven't lost a step
    Last edited by MartyRules; 11-29-2013 at 01:51.

    Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

  10. #8
    Newbie
    twitchy thumbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    582 (0 Banked)
    This album has been on constant rotation at my house since its release. Evil Twin is my fav song off the album but Rap God and Bad Guy are excellent tunes.

  11. #9
    Member
    IshTing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Sheffield
    PSN ID
    IshTing
    Age
    24
    Posts
    133
    Rep Power
    9
    Points
    2,094 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    Dont really understand why everybody likes it so much, maybe just because of that very quick verse he spits near the end. In my opinion eminem is already old, his music sounds over-saturated to me.
    It seems that everyone that doesn't really like it, seems to think the people that do only like it because the fast verse near the end. A lot of the lyrics in Rap God are quite clever.

  12. #10
    Master Sage
    Bitbydeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    32
    Posts
    14,489
    Rep Power
    133
    Points
    47,410 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    Dont really understand why everybody likes it so much, maybe just because of that very quick verse he spits near the end. In my opinion eminem is already old, his music sounds over-saturated to me.
    Song is like an orgasm, fast part is the climax.
    Ha

  13. #11
    Miqo'te Bard
    Yuuichi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,174
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    17,807 (0 Banked)
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    He is back to having meaningful lyrics again. Def glad i listen to it. better than 99% of the "rap" out now a days. he does not even cuss much and thats what shows that you can be a rap artist and not say botch, hoe, money money five billion times.

  14. #12
    Veteran
    jj03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,668
    Rep Power
    74
    Points
    7,798 (0 Banked)
    Items Manchester United
    Really like rap god...but i love headlights...i can relate to some the lyrics.

  15. #13
    Veteran

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Switzerland
    PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Posts
    4,129
    Rep Power
    62
    Points
    95,216 (4,000 Banked)
    People liking this song so much and speaking about eminems album great lyrics expose themselves as primitive individuals and dont know what real rap is. As a hardcore underground hip-hop/rap fan I really can differentiate between good rap/hip-hop and bad one, all mainstream rap is over-saturated bull$#@! including eminem, underground is where real rap and hip hop are hiding. If you think eminem is a good reaper and dont know who are Dyad Souls, AOTP, Celph Titled, Apathy, Ill Bill, Vinnie Paz, Swollen Members, Snowgoons and Nephalem, can go and $#@! themselves, you dont know $#@! about this kind of genre. Eminem is a little $#@! compared to the rappers and mcs I have listed.

    People trying to rap to rap god should try this out as this is even harder and on a whole new top tier level, its not just a short sequenced verse in a song, this song contains multiple full verses being spit by different rappers.

    Last edited by Cybertox; 12-25-2013 at 18:06.

  16. Likes MartyRules likes this post
  17. #14
    Elite Sage
    BBK..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bristol!!
    Age
    25
    Posts
    10,520
    Rep Power
    93
    Points
    53,124 (15,799 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    All hail the all knowing Cybertox. Only good name you said then was Apathy.

    None of those rappers will ever be a patch on Nas or Wu Tang Clan.

    However, Emimem is one of the greats no doubt about it

  18. #15
    Veteran

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Switzerland
    PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Posts
    4,129
    Rep Power
    62
    Points
    95,216 (4,000 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    All hail the all knowing Cybertox. Only good name you said then was Apathy.

    None of those rappers will ever be a patch on Nas or Wu Tang Clan.

    However, Emimem is one of the greats no doubt about it
    These mainstream old $#@!? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjZRAvsZf1g
    Hahaha who are those clowns?

    Eminem is nowhere near underground rappers who I named previously, not lyrically, nor content wise. All those $#@! rappers you named are just other mainstream pieces of $#@! like all the rest of them. Nas is another slow hip hop artist just like all the others ones, there are bunches of those and none of them show anything different, all have the same $#@!.

    All I named was real stuff, what you named is just pure mainstream crap, you must have a bad taste of music or you just blindly listen to stuff many other listen to only because its popular. Popular doesnt mean good, in rap and hip hop the most popular stuff is the most crappy stuff, lil wayne and kanye west is a good example.
    Last edited by Cybertox; 12-25-2013 at 22:00.

  19. #16
    Apprentice
    Effekt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    PSN ID
    Effekt
    Age
    23
    Posts
    348
    Rep Power
    52
    Points
    5,652 (0 Banked)
    Items Metal Gear SolidTommy VercettiLegend of ZeldaBlizzardAtlus
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    People liking this song so much and speaking about eminems album great lyrics expose themselves as primitive individuals and dont know what real rap is. As a hardcore underground hip-hop/rap fan I really can differentiate between good rap/hip-hop and bad one, all mainstream rap is over-saturated bull$#@! including eminem, underground is where real rap and hip hop are hiding. If you think eminem is a good reaper and dont know who are Dyad Souls, AOTP, Celph Titled, Apathy, Ill Bill, Vinnie Paz, Swollen Members, Snowgoons and Nephalem, can go and $#@! themselves, you dont know $#@! about this kind of genre. Eminem is a little $#@! compared to the rappers and mcs I have listed.

    People trying to rap to rap god should try this out as this is even harder and on a whole new top tier level, its not just a short sequenced verse in a song, this song contains multiple full verses being spit by different rappers.

    I get where you're coming from, but you're being completely ignorant as well. Vinnie Paz's songs all sound the same now, AOTP literally every song has the SAME EXACT FEEL, fast paced beat and the same flow everytime. Ill Bill same $#@!. That whole group of rappers that affiliate together sound the same, that includes SnowGoons. It was cool when it first came out, I was a huge fan of them back then because it was different and it was exciting at the time, now it's just the same recycled $#@! and I'm tired of it. R.A. the Rugged man is still pretty good though. Swollen Members doesn't even closely compare to the old swollen members, Fully Injected, Pressure, Dark Riders, etc. Go and listen to some of MadChild's new songs....

    You mentioned good rappers but I'm just saying, you obviously haven't heard there new music because most of it is a joke or you just have a set mindset into thinking these rappers will always be good no matter what. Idk how you can diss Wu-Tang, they made some of the most dope songs and affiliate groups like Killa Bees, and Killa Army. Eminem is garbage, and so is pretty much every other mainstream rapper. But the underground sure as hell isn't all that good as it use to be either.

  20. #17
    Elite Sage
    BBK..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bristol!!
    Age
    25
    Posts
    10,520
    Rep Power
    93
    Points
    53,124 (15,799 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Who are these clowns? As in who are the $#@!ing wu tang clan and Nas?

    Cybertox, you are full of $#@!. Any music credibility you just had flew out of the window when you claim WTC are mainstream $#@!. $#@!ing chump

  21. Likes Lebowski likes this post
  22. #18
    Superior Member
    MartyRules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    El Paso, TX
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    Posts
    838
    Rep Power
    29
    Points
    103,753 (0 Banked)
    Mainstream doesn't equal good or bad people

    Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

  23. #19
    Elite Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,343
    Rep Power
    80
    Points
    65,541 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    These mainstream old $#@!? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjZRAvsZf1g
    Hahaha who are those clowns?

    Eminem is nowhere near underground rappers who I named previously, not lyrically, nor content wise. All those $#@! rappers you named are just other mainstream pieces of $#@! like all the rest of them. Nas is another slow hip hop artist just like all the others ones, there are bunches of those and none of them show anything different, all have the same $#@!.

    All I named was real stuff, what you named is just pure mainstream crap, you must have a bad taste of music or you just blindly listen to stuff many other listen to only because its popular. Popular doesnt mean good, in rap and hip hop the most popular stuff is the most crappy stuff, lil wayne and kanye west is a good example.
    Just so you know, Em got his start as a underground rapper. That was the first time i heard his music. He even talks about it his song "white america".

    when I was Underground, no one gave a $#@! I was white, no labels wanted to sign me, almost gave up, I was
    Like, $#@! it, until I met Dre, the only one to look past, gave me a chance, and I lit a fire up
    Under his ass,
    All hail Dr. Dre. None of those underground rappers you named are in the same league as EM. Not lyrically, nor can they deliver bars like he can. None of them would dare to step on stage and even challenge him.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 12-26-2013 at 01:13.

  24. Likes BBK.. likes this post
  25. #20
    Apprentice
    Effekt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    PSN ID
    Effekt
    Age
    23
    Posts
    348
    Rep Power
    52
    Points
    5,652 (0 Banked)
    Items Metal Gear SolidTommy VercettiLegend of ZeldaBlizzardAtlus
    Mainstream hiphop does unfortunately automatically make you a $#@! rapper now a days because none of them stay true to the genre. Hiphop is a culture not just a genre you people who don't get that will never understand. Eminem is pop-rap now lol, I did like his old album infinite though.

    Dr.Dre is definitely one of my favorite rappers ever, I could listen to 2001 all day and not skip a single song. However, he really needs to stick to his word about leaving, he literally made two "good-bye" verses back in 2001 he said he'd take his platinum for his album and leave, then again recently says, hes making one more CD than hes packing his bags again. If he wants to be a legend he needs to just stop trying, before he ruins his image of being such a great rapper.

  26. #21
    Elite Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,343
    Rep Power
    80
    Points
    65,541 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Effekt View Post
    Mainstream hiphop does unfortunately automatically make you a $#@! rapper now a days because none of them stay true to the genre. Hiphop is a culture not just a genre you people who don't get that will never understand. Eminem is pop-rap now lol, I did like his old album infinite though.

    Dr.Dre is definitely one of my favorite rappers ever, I could listen to 2001 all day and not skip a single song. However, he really needs to stick to his word about leaving, he literally made two "good-bye" verses back in 2001 he said he'd take his platinum for his album and leave, then again recently says, hes making one more CD than hes packing his bags again. If he wants to be a legend he needs to just stop trying, before he ruins his image of being such a great rapper.
    Dre is known to be more of a producer than a rapper but his chronic album is definitely a classic. Hip hop has gone through some changes since then and sadly going mainstream has hurt the brand IMO. I can see why a lot of artist are more mainstream because the more radio play you get the more money you make. A lot of them lose creative control when they sign the record deals and its the reason why so many hip hop artist attempt to create their own record label. Its one of the reasons why rappers like JZ and Em do collaborations with artist like Rihanna, J. Timberlake and Alicia keys, and why a rapper like Nikki Minaj would do a song like starship.They have to make music that will get airplay and get that exposure.

    . Its smart business because it reaches a wider listening audience but at the same time the core audience could be turned off by it. Some artist refuse to give labels that authority and just make what they can staying underground. This is the reason you see artist like drake and niki minaj who aren't the greatest rappers but are rolling in the dough because they crosse over into the mainstream very well because they get a lot of exposure through radio play and promotions from their labels. Hip hop has definitely gone through some changes. Some good, some not so good. $#@!, IIRC even will smith won the first grammy for rap. That should be the biggest clue that its mostly about the money and not necessarily the talent of the artist because he flat out sucked as a rap artist IMO and it's not because he didn't use profanity. When he won that award he was near the bottom of the talent pool, but it was ok because rap/hip hop was getting the exposure that people think it deserved so it didn't matter. I couldn't get into his music. he had one track that was decent but i cant remember the name of it. His lyrics always came off like they were written by a 10 year old to me. Maybe his plan was to use rapping to get into acting in the first place. He helped put philly on the map for rappers so i guess he deserves a bit of credit for that.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 12-26-2013 at 05:07.

  27. #22
    Superior Member
    MartyRules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    El Paso, TX
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    Posts
    838
    Rep Power
    29
    Points
    103,753 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Just so you know, Em got his start as a underground rapper. That was the first time i heard his music. He even talks about it his song "white america".


    All hail Dr. Dre. None of those underground rappers you named are in the same league as EM. Not lyrically, nor can they deliver bars like he can. None of them would dare to step on stage and even challenge him.
    90% of artist do

    Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

  28. #23
    Master Sage
    Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bowling
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Posts
    13,144
    Rep Power
    110
    Points
    22,681 (0 Banked)
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Did Cybertox just generalize everyone in this thread as primitives and other very friendly references? What? Ok.

    Get aware, wake up, get a sense of humor / Quit tryin' to censor music, this is for your kid's amusement / But don't blame me when lil' Eric jumps off of the terrace / You shoulda been watchin' him -- apparently you ain't parents.
    That's from the Marshall Mathers LP, from the song "I Never Knew"

    And you say that has no content? Have a listen to this album, that is one $#@!ing huge ball of content. But better yet, just google the lyrics.

    But that's not enough for you, I need to show you more.

    Ayo, my pen and paper cause a chain reaction
    To get your brain relaxing, a zany acting maniac in action
    A brainiac in fact son, you mainly lack attraction
    You look insanely whack when just a fraction of my tracks run
    My rhyming skills got you climbing hills
    I travel through your mind into your spine like siren drills
    I'm sliming grills of roaches, with sprayed on disinfectants
    Twist the necks of rappers 'til their spinal column disconnects
    We disinfect then check the monologue, turn your system up
    Twist them up, and indulge in the marijuana smog
    This is the season for noise pollution contamination
    Examination of more cartoons than animation
    My lamination of narration
    Hit's a snare and bass of track $#@!ed up rapper interrogation
    When I declare invasion, there ain't no time to be stare and gazing
    I turn the stage into a barren wasteland...
    I'm Infinite
    That's from his Infinite album, the one in 1995/1996 where he was "Underground". I guess you would be okay with that, because he was "Underground" then, right? Yeah, wonderful logic.

    We used to fight for building blocks
    Now we fight for blocks with buildings that make a killing
    The closest of friends when we first started
    But grew apart as the money grew, and soon grew black-hearted
    Thinking back when we first learned to use rubbers
    He never learned so in turn I'm kidnapping his baby's mother
    My hand around her collar, feeding her cheese
    She said the taste of dollars was $#@!ty so I fed her fifties
    About his whereabouts I wasn't convinced
    So I kept feeding her money 'til her $#@! started to make sense
    Who could ever forsee, we used to stay up all night at slumber parties
    now I'm trying to rock this $#@! to sleep
    All the years we were real close
    Now I see his fears through her tears, know she's wishing we were still
    close
    Don't cry, it is to be
    In time, I'll take away your miseries and make 'em mine, D'Evils..
    From the song D'evils off the Reasonable Doubt album, regarded as one of the best albums in hip hop, and this was while he was mainstream, sort of.

    But since you claim to be all knowing father of underground rap, you've failed to mentioned other rappers who are currently "underground" and I dunno, kinda shaped hip hop/are important to hip hop?

    KRS-ONE
    Biz Markie
    Masta Ace
    Rakim
    Pete Rock
    Del the Funky $#@!sapien
    MF Doom
    Kool Keith

    And this is just to be an asshole, but, Immortal Technique

    just to name a few off the top

    Some were "mainstream" but still regarded as one of the best rappers of all time in their prime.

    Your lists, I have vaguely heard of, with the exception of Swollen Members, who actually were pretty $#@!ing mainstream at one point and they're really not that great. Wild Child was nice, but everyone liked them because of Moka Only. However, Swollen Members WERE MAINSTREAM, which according to you, is a piece of $#@!.

    I was in your silly little phase too, when I was in high school. It wasn't healthy, because I was just going by what people told me is good, and most of it was garbage that sounded like those silly 9/11 conspiracy theories and Illuminati crap that made KRS-ONE fall off the map. A handful of those artists and songs, were actually good, the rest was just more bull$#@! about Illuminati/All Seeing Eye crap that would make any conspiracy theorist cum in their pants. I couldn't listen to it anymore. It didn't make you think at all, it tried to make you rationalize with their insane idealism so I could "spread the word" and make other people listen to it and so forth. It was brainwashing and ironically, they were doing the same thing mainstream rap tries to do, make the opinion popular so that everyone thinks that way like "sheep".

    And have you ever thought that maybe people haven't heard of these artists because they don't want to be heard? If they made themselves more known, other than posting on rap forums and $#@!ty indie pubs, or stopped thinking like the whole $#@!ing world is against them, then maybe they would be more popular and more people would know them. Also, if they wouldn't constantly rap about secret societies, they would probably get a wider audience. Gee, I wonder why they're not famous and rather just starving artists who can hardly pay the bills. God forbid they have success in their life, that would be like, totally against their "non-conformity". Yeah, indie, so $#@!ing cool and hip and edgy.


    I agree that Kanye and Lil Wayne suck, but they make it obvious they suck because they're not rapping for lyrics or content, they are rapping to be catchy and stylish and that's what sells in this business, something you need to understand. A whole lot of people who listen to mainstream, dislike Lil Wayne and Kanye West, however, naming everything mainstream automatically garbage is silly and stupid of you. And it makes you come off as a pretentious asshole who thinks he knows better than everyone in this thread.

    For someone who claims he has experience in rap/hip hop, you really have a secular knowledge of it. Why don't you go back to the early 80's (some would argue it started even in the 70's with a DJ) where rap started in the east coast, the roots of it.

    Kurtis Blow would be a good place to start before you start trashing everything and everyone in this thread.
    Last edited by Lebowski; 12-26-2013 at 07:37.


  29. #24
    Apprentice
    Effekt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    PSN ID
    Effekt
    Age
    23
    Posts
    348
    Rep Power
    52
    Points
    5,652 (0 Banked)
    Items Metal Gear SolidTommy VercettiLegend of ZeldaBlizzardAtlus
    Sub-Stance, I prefer dre just producing now but will always love his old school music. I agree with you and I know that's all about the money, in all honestly I'm sure we'd all do the same in there shoes. However, in the end you could be making $100 Million a year but still be a $#@! rapper to the core fans. I can respect you liking Eminem, I don't think hes $#@! but I just feel like hes overrated and over hyped, you can't be gone and come back make a bad album than make a decent album and all of a sudden think you're on top again lol. Hes trying new $#@! at least I can respect him for that and some of it I can admit to liking. In the end it's all opinion though.

    DreDay, I do like me some KRS-ONE gonna put him on now haha.

  30. #25
    Veteran

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Switzerland
    PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Posts
    4,129
    Rep Power
    62
    Points
    95,216 (4,000 Banked)
    Guys some of you are just laughable, no really. I said that most underground is better than mainstream just because all the aspects of rap and hip hop are generally better and I never said that underground is better than mainstream just because its underground, no thats not what I meant and most of you thought of that without even giving it any additional consideration. Of course there are $#@!ty underground artists but the whole underground scenes makes up with other very talented artists where as all this mainstream stuff is mostly all garbage. Eminem started off underground so what? He still if compared to other underground artists is not as good as them and with all the resources he has to make music he still sucks compared to other more talented and skilled artists who are barely known and earn small amounts of money off what they make. Eminem got so much support from Dre that if he wouldnt nobody would even know who he is. Eminems bars and instrumentals are typical mainstream overused stuff, weak and oversaturated. There is a difference guys between something being same or similar and something being in the same style yet different.

    Mostly all mainstream rappers rap about how rich they are, how successful, its all like drugs, $#@!es, money and partying. Then they make one or two songs whining over the same $#@! everybody does, oh my life is so hard I was born in poverty and didnt get attention in the music industry (eminem), we didnt have money blablabla. Then there are those who smoke a $#@! load of weed, with their $#@!ing cooked brain they rap about every primitive thing that gets in their mind, making slow and annoying songs. Then there are those gangstas who rap about their hood, family and their friends being shot, oh how $#@!ing original, here get a $#@!ing trophy. Then again there are those masterminds who complain about the government by bringing stupid and non relating arguments plus they rap about all this illuminati $#@!. Most underground artists I listen to rap about real things in life and really sick and brutal stuff plus they cover nice themes and topics. The content of their songs is sick, original and aggressive or observative and analytic or considerative as well as approaching of things happening in life for a certain reason. Their lyrics have a sense and a certain motive, its not just a rhyming text, plus the pace and the rapping of those verses is straight $#@!ing A, the intervals, pace changes and rhyme turnings are done very well and show a certain high level abilities and skills. Now to the instrumentals and beats, they are freaking brilliant, mainstream beats and instrumentals mostly all have this repetitive and kinda catchy hook, now the music I listen to all have wonderful elements of different musical instruments being integrated and beats are just black and obscure and you feel like they are ripping something or beating a dead body. Some of them are done in a different style yet they are still $#@!ing brilliant as they correlate very well with the lyrical content of the song.

    Now about all these you know nothing, when I was in school like you blablabla go google those who started hip hop and rap. Dude this is no $#@!ing history lesson. If you know history doesnt mean you know how this genre works or how its designed. Same with life, if you know history doesnt mean you know mathematics, physics, biology, economics, business and languages. Knowing the history of a genre doesnt mean you know how it works, what are its aspects, the processes of this genre and its content. If you are here to show off history knowledge $#@! off because we are here discussing a matter, we are not in school going through a history topic.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.